AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Struggling to get viewers

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2021
5th dimension
Twitter Username
@Trix_dancer
Chaturbate Username
Trix_dancer
I've been camming on CB for just over a month and I literally did so much research and everything in my power to get my following up as high as possible for the first week. I had a tech guy volunteer to help me, I went on Jeff's 15 min show (he won't do a show with me because I'm not explicit), I've been raided twice but they were small, I make friends with other broadcasters, I'm active in chats in a professional way (not a stealing viewers way), I talk in my live, I have good quality everything, I engage and come up with unique games/goals, I use lovense....yet I can't get my views up and I'm well past the new tag. I can't seem to get more than 25-40 viewers in my room. I know I'm doing something right, because I make good money from my regulars... But I sense my regulars are starting to get frustrated because they want to see me grow. I've lost low and non-tipping regulars over it because they don't see me growing, and they'd rather be sheep in a busy room. I know this because they try to say things like oh try this, try that, or even worse from my good tippers.. I can't be the only one tipping right now. I'm worried I'm gonna loose everyone. My room is slowly becoming a place where I have to just keep doing privates. I also find the slower my room is the harder it is for me to think of what to say now. I've messaged CB and they said everything is fine with my account. I see other models who have really bad quality streams, or just aren't engaging at all, or really boring and no one's talking in the live...yet they have high views!!! I just feel like something is up... Did anyone else have this issue?

Solution
good model, i watched some of your show, i was going to list some things but a lot of them are minor and it came off as nitpicking but if you want the info just DM me.

One thing I noticed that isn't really minor is you don't have any lovense lush feedback displayed and without the chat feedback some people will assume its fake and move on.

Edit: didn't see anything wrong as far as broadcast quality, latency, anything like that.
There is no issue, you just haven't been been camming enough to build a larger audience. Some people manage to attract a lot of viewers when they start out, but most people start out much slower and build their audience gradually. 25-40 viewers isn't bad considering that it's only really models on the first few pages that have more than that. There is also a lot of value in doing private shows, as often those customers can be the most consistent and can be a steady source of income.

Upvote 0
I see other models who have really bad quality streams, or just aren't engaging at all, or really boring and no one's talking in the live...yet they have high views!!!
A lot of guys like the amateur appearance of some streams, or the moody girl that bans people for asking for a menu or might like the absence of small talk (and grey shit). But if you don't fit those type of models, then don't think about them

I'm not sure having your age as 99 helps, but I might be wrong.

Reactions: Trix_dancer
Upvote 0
I woulda said same as above above..
Just takes time for people to find you / follow you / etc,, and looks like a decent start to me.

And, not sure you want to 99 if it files you under

Free Cams by Age
Teen Cams (18+)
18 to 21 Cams
20 to 30 Cams
30 to 50 Cams
Mature Cams (50+)

I'd assume that's based on your bio age?

Upvote 0
Struggling with similar problem at the moment.
Used to have a good amount of viewers when I started a few years ago always in the hundreds. But I stopped camming for a couple of years and came back to it in the pandemic and my viewers have nose dived.
Getting a similar 25-40 viewers, taking ages to get tips, relying alot in regulars.
Then I get really depressed because I look at the first page and see guys and girls with loads of viewers, and completely forget the fact the rest of the pages are full of cammers with the same amount of viewers or less than me.
I guess it's the nature of the business.
Would love to know if it's possible to increase viewership somehow, outside of the hashtag thing!

Upvote 0
I haven't been as active on CB lately but even so my room has been noticeably quieter since early February. Been a long time since anyone took me private and I'm lucky if I get more than 1 person per show tipping in public chat. I think it's just a bad time on CB for traffic & tipping right now except for the more established models and some of the newer models.

Upvote 0
I've been camming on CB for just over a month and I literally did so much research and everything in my power to get my following up as high as possible for the first week. I had a tech guy volunteer to help me, I went on Jeff's 15 min show (he won't do a show with me because I'm not explicit), I've been raided twice but they were small, I make friends with other broadcasters, I'm active in chats in a professional way (not a stealing viewers way), I talk in my live, I have good quality everything, I engage and come up with unique games/goals, I use lovense....yet I can't get my views up and I'm well past the new tag. I can't seem to get more than 25-40 viewers in my room. I know I'm doing something right, because I make good money from my regulars... But I sense my regulars are starting to get frustrated because they want to see me grow. I've lost low and non-tipping regulars over it because they don't see me growing, and they'd rather be sheep in a busy room. I know this because they try to say things like oh try this, try that, or even worse from my good tippers.. I can't be the only one tipping right now. I'm worried I'm gonna loose everyone. My room is slowly becoming a place where I have to just keep doing privates. I also find the slower my room is the harder it is for me to think of what to say now. I've messaged CB and they said everything is fine with my account. I see other models who have really bad quality streams, or just aren't engaging at all, or really boring and no one's talking in the live...yet they have high views!!! I just feel like something is up... Did anyone else have this issue?
You have to change the way you think. You want to get steady solid growth. And it takes time so be patient, humble, and work smarter. Also those other models you think are “boring” have probably just found their niche. Once you figure out what your niche is, work with it.

Upvote 0
A 19 year old Colombian has "mature" for one of her hashtags. I explained how it might be perceived, but she was content that viewers would understand it meant she wasn't childish.

Yeah, it definitely doesn't mean what she thinks it means. Lol.

the princess bride GIF

Upvote 0
good model, i watched some of your show, i was going to list some things but a lot of them are minor and it came off as nitpicking but if you want the info just DM me.

One thing I noticed that isn't really minor is you don't have any lovense lush feedback displayed and without the chat feedback some people will assume its fake and move on.

Edit: didn't see anything wrong as far as broadcast quality, latency, anything like that.

Upvote 0
Solution
It sounds like you’ve had a good start and are working hard, I think you should keep it up! These things take time so keep trying to build your follower count and you will break through 🙂

Upvote 0

Thank you! I messaged you on Twitter :)

Reactions: InannahQoH
Upvote 0
you can promote your room,( I don't remember how much maybe about 50 tokens cost), and for 1-2 minutes you will get to 1 page. maybe this will help you attract more viewers to your room ... good luck!
The price to promote your room fluctuates based upon how busy Chaturbate is at the time I believe. I've done it a couple of times when things are slow and never really noticed much of an increase in viewership and certainly no return on my investment. Maybe others have had more success with this feature?

Upvote 0
The price to promote your room fluctuates based upon how busy Chaturbate is at the time I believe. I've done it a couple of times when things are slow and never really noticed much of an increase in viewership and certainly no return on my investment. Maybe others have had more success with this feature?
One of my model friends who also has a new profile (moved from studio to independent) did this. Saw a very slight increase, but no change in tips or anything.

Upvote 0
I've noticed it's a gamble. I've done it quite a few times.. but you have to make sure you go into thumbnail mode for the full 5 minutes. I also won't do it until I'm topless

Upvote 0

Upvote 0
I feel u... but i think you need to be persistent. But it is very weird, cause all of sudden i see on the 1st page girls i’ve never seen before, solid viewers and tokens, tons of followers..and im like: they were already popular and for the nrs of followers, they’re here for a long time...so where were they hidden all this time lol??then sudden leap to 1st page.. why many latinas are renegated to the last pages? I see many girls in full hd, nice scenario, lush on, good looking...but yet are on the last spots with no tk and little viewers....and the same ones going strong on the 1st page, with some strange phenomenons among the way being popular, guys going nuts....i mean, its weird! But oh well, i guess persistance is key, and in some months you ‘ll take the leap....

Upvote 0
A lot of guys like the amateur appearance of some streams, or the moody girl that bans people for asking for a menu or might like the absence of small talk (and grey shit). But if you don't fit those type of models, then don't think about them

I'm not sure having your age as 99 helps, but I might be wrong.
Aynmarie, one of the stars of cb is 99 in her bio, so its not really relevant i think

Upvote 0
I feel u... but i think you need to be persistent. But it is very weird, cause all of sudden i see on the 1st page girls i’ve never seen before, solid viewers and tokens, tons of followers..and im like: they were already popular and for the nrs of followers, they’re here for a long time...so where were they hidden all this time lol??then sudden leap to 1st page.. why many latinas are renegated to the last pages? I see many girls in full hd, nice scenario, lush on, good looking...but yet are on the last spots with no tk and little viewers....and the same ones going strong on the 1st page, with some strange phenomenons among the way being popular, guys going nuts....i mean, its weird! But oh well, i guess persistance is key, and in some months you ‘ll take the leap....
Yes it's super weird! I feel like I do a good job of entertaining and I get amazing feedback. It bothers me that my best tippers are bothered that I don't have a ton of views. It's cute they believe in me, but puts so much pressure on me. It seems like it doesn't matter what you look like or how entertaining your stream is... If you have a ton of viewers, the men are like sheep, and go crazy. Cuz I've seen boring streams at the top and not just good looking people. Super frustrating when you know you have potential. However... Bathtub shows! I can get to over 100 views with those, but not necessarily the best money.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.