AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Suggest a good movie!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God Bless America.

Great for anyone that is sickened by reality tv, and the fact that we sometimes glorify
everything that is horrible about people on television.

Reactions: Beach_Love
Chellelovesu said:
God Bless America.

Great for anyone that is sickened by reality tv, and the fact that we sometimes glorify
everything that is horrible about people on television.

I couldn't agree more, Kardashians, Teen Mom, Sweet 16, etc. it's disgusting. On the other hand one of my favorite show is DEADLIEST CATCH. It's gotten better and better every season, not just the HD cameras capturing the action now but the fact that the producers seem to have made a conscious decision to highlight the positive aspects of the human spirit that manifested themselves in the struggle to make a living from the Bering Sea.

This is a list of movies I've seen that I would highly recommend.

Fall 2014-In theaters:
-John Wick was a pretty awesome movie. I would suggest to catch it before it leaves theaters.
-Gone Girl
-The Book of Life
-Interstellar

2014 Summer movies:
-let's be cops
-22 jump street
-guardians of the galaxy
-ninja turtles (for the visual affects)
-xmen: days of future past
-dawn of the planet of the apes
-edge of tomorrow

2014 Spring movies:
-the lego movie
-the wind rises
-anchorman2
-captain america: the winter soldier

Reactions: shyladivine
Sounds like you have great taste in movies! From your recently watched, I'm gonna suggest some of my favourites here. These are mainly psychlogical/thrillers so go ahead and see what you like :thumbleft:

Pulp Fiction
Silence of the Lambs
The Shining
American Psycho
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Carrie (1976 version)
Taxi Driver
The Fifth Element

That's all I can think of for now... Be sure to tell me if you watch any of them, and whether you enjoyed them or not :)

Ty, you seem to have a pretty solid list there yourself. All the movies you listed are definitely must see. I have seen all except:

-Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
-Taxi Driver
-American Psycho

I couldn't find any of these in netflix since they took most of their stuff out and put in new stuff but I shall try to find a way to watch. Thanks for the recommendation!~I have heard many good things from these movies as well.

I just recently watched:

-fifth element (I really enjoyed it. I would definitely recommended it too)
-don jon (also a good one)

since you seem to like thriller I would recommended

-V/H/S (They have different directors for each story so it keeps it interesting. I only caught the middle of it but I enjoyed it)

If you happen to watch any do let me know what you think.

Reactions: MaddyLuxx
Saw this on Imgur the other day. It's a list of links organized by genre, which lead to another album of movie suggestions with a little synopsis under them including trailers and where to watch.

Reactions: rev
There will be blood and We are what we are, I will forever always be obsessed with these 2. Also Little Chenier: A cajun story is a good heart-string puller with a great plot and excellent cinematography

Oh, also The Wild Hunt is good too. It's about larping gone way too far.

Reactions: rev
They recently added Almost Famous to Netflix. Probably my favourite film ever. I wrote about it a while ago on my seldom-updated blog (http://popcultureponderings.wordpress.com/)...

I fucking love this film. I really do. And for a number of reasons. Not only is it a fundamentally great film, but there’s also a few things – themes, scenes, ideals – communicated within the flick that run parallel to aspects of my own life. And then there’s the nostalgia factor…

I first saw Almost Famous when I was around the same age as William Miller, the film’s protagonist and projection of writer/director Cameron Crowe’s teenage self. Here was a kid who never fully recovered from his own musical awakening, who lost himself in the bands, singers and musicians who inspired him, and in one sense or another, saved him. This was a socially awkward kid who would much sooner live vicariously through the rock stars he’d write about than form relationships with the kids who didn’t understand him. And I could relate. Shit, I still can.

There’s a scene at the beginning of the film that mirrored something I’d recently experienced myself so uncannily, I could have sworn it was written for me (and I suspect I’m not the only one who felt that way). There’s a scene where Miller inherits his sister’s record collection, and as he’s rifling through these strange album covers, eyes wide with wonderment, there’s an almost palpable sense of discovery, you can almost feel the trajectory of this kid’s life irrevocably changing for the better. Hendrix, Zeppelin, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Cream, Elton John, the Rolling Stones, the Who – it’s a whole new world. A few weeks before I watched this scene for the first time, I’d retreated to the back of the house with my mother’s old record player and record collection and set about my own journey of discovery. Hendrix, Zeppelin, the Who, the Beatles, the ‘Stones, U2, Neil Young, Elton John – it was a whole new world…

I can also relate to Miller’s aspirations. Becoming a rock journalist is something I’ve always wanted to do and finally, at the grand old age of 26, I’m slowly working towards that goal, undertaking a Journalism degree and (maybe) covering the local music scene for a local magazine.

Then there’s that nostalgia factor. Watching the film today evokes a sense of nostalgia that is nearly impossible to extricate from its core (and really, why would anyone want it any other way?). Not only does it take me back to my own teenage years where music was such a driving force, but it also conveys this blissfully endearing caricature of the seventies that makes me envious of anyone who was around to experience the era first-hand. Almost Famous paints a picture of a time and place where teenagers inherited the Earth, where music was currency and musicians were God, where school was little more than a quaint distraction from the novelties of sex and drugs and teenage rebellion, and the road was the most exciting place anyone could ever hope to find themselves. The road was what connected it all – the gigs, the parties, the hotels, the record stores, the people. Sure, it’s revisionist history filtered through a rose-tinted looking-glass but who cares? This is a film and a place to get lost in.

But even divorced from what it means to me personally, Almost Famous is a film that can’t help but shine. Everything about it teeters on the edge of perfection. The story is refreshing and unique, coloured by an honesty and truth that endures, even in the face of the film’s idealised setting. The soundtrack is an embarrassment of riches – Hendrix’s “Voodoo Child (Slight Return)”; Elton John’s “Tiny Dancer”; the Who’s “Baba O’ Reilly”; Thunderclap Newman’s “Something In The Air”; Neil Young’s “Cortez The Killer”; Joni Mitchell’s “River”; the Stooges’ “Search & Destroy”; Brenton Wood’s “The Oogum Boogum Song”; Nancy Wilson’s perfectly understated original score (that criminally, is yet to be commercially released or even bootlegged) – it’s a celebration of music from the sixties and seventies and it’s unremittingly brilliant. The characters that inhabit the film’s world are arguably its finest creations. The naiveté of William Miller, the enigma of Penny Lane, the outspoken beacon of cool that was Lester Bangs – the film does such a good job of fleshing out these characters, giving them purpose as well as presence, that you’d swear they were real people (and perhaps not too surprisingly, some of them were).

I don’t think I could fault Almost Famous if I wanted to. At all. Just as there is music that is said to be good for the soul, there is surely also cinema. Almost Famous is such cinema.

Reactions: Gen
OK, so this was a very odd movie, but I think I liked it. I am sure I want to watch it again to see how I feel about it. Did I mention it was a rather odd movie? "Let's Go To Prison" It's not exactly the Coen Brothers, but sorta has that same feel. The trailer is actually the same trailer X 2

21 and 22 Jumpstreet if you've never seen them!
(22 is surprisingly better than 21 imo)
Olympus Has Fallen has made its way into my top 10 movies of all time! Super action-y.
Mockingjay (and the previous 2 movies)
Divergent
And those are semi-recent releases that I can think of x)

Wanna get into some oldies, you can do
The Goonies
The Outsiders
The Sandlot
The Little Rascals
etc.
(all faves of mine!)

There was a sleeper movie in mid/late 90's thriller called Malice (Nicole Kidman, Alec Baldwin, Bill Pullman). If you like big reveals, twists, or red herring type movies give it a shot. Highly underrated. For the life of me I don't know why it didn't get more acclaim.

FUN FACT: The Jigsaw Killer (before he was the Jigsaw killer) has a bit part in here. When I rewatched I got excited and said hey that's Jigsaw! I love catching cameos of people before they were famous.

I love mindfuck/psychological thrillers! And campy horror. And engaging slow-burn drama. And anything with hot sex scenes. Echoing the others who recommended Fifth Element, Pulp Fiction, and VHS (I liked the OG version "Rec" better, but only a bit)! Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! Picking out a movie takes longer than actually watching it, sometimes...bookmarked :)

Nymphomaniac Vol 1 & 2
Ex Machina
Eyes Wide Shut
Convergence
Blue Velvet
The Galapagos Affair: Satan Came to Eden
The Orphanage
Battle Royale
Pan's Labyrinth
Changeling
The Strangers
The Educators
You're Next
Secretary
The Virgin Suicides

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas :crybaby:

My grandmom has been telling me about this movie, and I happened to come across it at the public library. For some reason, I was under the impression it's about a boy on the Autism spectrum. Not even close. I cried my eyes out.....

Just watched The Way Way Back on US Netflix and really enjoyed it. Save for one sexist and completely out-of-place scene, it's a really sweet coming-of-age comedy drama that reminded me a lot of Adventureland. Really good cast too with Steve Carrell playing against type in his portrayal of a (possibly accidentally) emotionally abusive stepdad, Allison Janney as the world's most overbearing woman (Janney is amazing, yo), and Sam Rockwell being Sam Rockwell. It was co-directed by Jim Rash (The Dean from Community), who has a bit part in it too. I'd definitely recommend it :thumbleft:

Reactions: KayleePond
Saw a great movie last week...liked so much I bought the blue-ray

St.Vincent ....starring Bill Murray...Naomi Watts steals just about every scene she is in.

Great movie, good laughs

The Babadook - A bit strange, but creepy as hell.

John Wick - Keanu Reeves getting his revenge and kicking some ass.

Inside Llewyn Davis - Understated Coen flick about a floundering folk singer. Really good, as you'd expect from the Coens. John Goodman is amazing in it, and I wish he had a larger role. If you like traditional folk songs, 60s hipsters, dry wit, and cats, I'd definitely recommend it.

Coming to America
The Gods Must Be Crazy
Halloween 1 and 2 (Maybe 4 and 5)
Friday the 13th 1, 2, 3, and 4
Nightmare on Elm Street

Reactions: Snowie1969
@Joanne__ I did watch Taxi Driver (crime, drama) & The Fifth Element (action, adventure, sci-fi). Between the two I loved The Fifth Element the most :) I am normally not huge on sci-fi but this was definitely not that. Excellent film! Thanx for the recommendation!

@Luxy Reid I watched There will be blood (drama). I loved it! Now one of my favorites. Excellent Film! Thanx for the recommendation!

@mynameisbob84 I watched Almost Famous (drama, music, romance) and I agree you do have to be a music enthusiast to really enjoy it. Thanx for the recommendation! I think you would enjoy Whiplash.

@MaddyLuxx I agree so many choices makes it tough to pick one and the original rec(horror, mystery, thriller) is also an excellent watch. I did catch Blue Velvet (crime, drama, mystery) near the end and loved what I saw. I really need to rewatch from start to finish.

Older Movies

The Big Lebowski (comedy, crime) Stoner comedy mixed with film noir.
The Purge: Anarchy (action, horror, sci-fi) If you enjoy an ok story with some suspense.
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (action, drama, romance) I loved that it had a little of everything. The choreography is really good too. Excellent Movie!

Fall 2014

The One I Love (comedy, romance, drama) I would say a little dark. Excellent Movie!
Whiplash (drama) If you are a music enthusiast.
Birdman (comedy) I would say a little dark. This really reminded me of a male version of black swan.
Fury (action, drama, war) If you enjoy a good war action movie.
Nightcrawler (crime, drama) If you enjoy dark movies.
Big Hero 6 (action, animation, comedy, family) For the animation.
Foxcatcher (drama) I would say a little dark. Excellent Movie!
The Imitation Game (biography, drama, thriller, war) If you enjoy a good historical drama movie.
Penguins of Madagascar (adventures, animation, comedy, family) Loved the animation and kept me lol.
Ihherent Vice (crime, drama, mystery, romance) This reminded me of the big lebowski, uncoventional stoner movie.
The Hobbit 3 (adventure, fantasy) Enjoyed the visual effects.
The Gambler (crime, drama, thriller) Morality tale and a ok watch if you enjoy gambling.
American Sniper (action) More of a morality tale vs action but still a good watch.
The Interview (comedy) For comedic relief. Some good lol moments.

Spring 2015
Paddington (comedy, family) For the animation.
Kingsman (action, thriller) Good action movie.
It Follows (horror) If you enjoy a good movie that keeps you in suspense.
Ex Machina (drama, sci-fi, thriller) I would say a little dark. Excellent Movie!

Summer 2015
When Marnie Was There (animation, drama) For the animation.
Spy (comedy) Hilarious!
Jurrasic World (action, adventure, sci-fi, thriller) For the visual effects.
Inside Out (animation) Excellent Movie!
Ted 2 (comedy) Surprisingly funny.

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas :crybaby:

My grandmom has been telling me about this movie, and I happened to come across it at the public library. For some reason, I was under the impression it's about a boy on the Autism spectrum. Not even close. I cried my eyes out.....
This movie is also one that I recommend. Uh it is so so good.

Reactions: WickedTouch
Horror

The Houses October Built (2014)
Them (2006)
The Possession of Michael King (2014)
Wyrmwood (2014)
The Descent (2005)
Let Us Prey (2104)
The Mist (2007)
The Vault of Horror (1973)
The Devil's Rejects (2005)

Crime

Trance (2013)
The Departed (2006)
The Score (2001)
Heat (1995)
The Bank Job (2008)
Confidence (2003)
Heist (2001)

Comedies

Stretch (2014)
A Fish Called Wanda (1988)
The Ref (1994)
Made (2001)
Grosse Pointe Blank (1997)

Mystery/Drama

Every Secret Thing (2014)
The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
Memento (2000)
Hard Candy (2005)
Identity (2003)

SciFi

Project Almanac (2015)
District 9 (2009)
Chappie (2015)
Alien (1979)
Europa Report (2013)
Cube (1997)

Terry Gilliam movies! They are acid-trip-awesome, but I know several people who flat-out hate all of them. So maybe he's a little polarizing. All the best things are. Anyway, these all have a time-travel or futuristic bent with the perfect amount of camp:
- Brazil (1985) : set in "the future", which is probably now-ish but more Orwellian and with no technological progress since the early 80s. A daydreaming bureaucrat fucks up some paperwork and jails an innocent guy instead of the bad guy. His mom tries to help him. That's the basic plot, but the colors and sounds and cinematography make the overall movie so much more, somehow.
- Time Bandits (1981) : there is a crew of, idk, pirates? that travel through space and time to steal valuable shit. They find a kid and either kidnap him or he goes with them willingly, can't remember. They go about their business until they run into a wizard(?) who can fuck with their perception of reality. It is, literally, a trip ;)
- 12 Monkeys (1995) : it's ten years from now and humans are almost extinct due to a plague that hit in the '90s. To save humanity, They start sending prisoners back in time to try and stop it from killing everyone off. The missions are hit/miss and most of the people are insane. Also, vintage Bruce Willis.
- Zero Theorem (2013) : I think is is set either only slightly in the future or alternate-universe now. Christoph Waltz is basically John Malkovich. He's a super-introverted genius computer programmer. He refers to himself as "we". His entire job is to prove the Zero Theorem: sum of universe= nothing, life is meaningless, etc. Understandably, this fucks with his brain and he starts to unravel right as he's closing in on it. Also, there is a weird-looking suit that he wears to have virtual sex with a camgirl!

I will second Jurassic World X100,000,000!!!! I've seen it twice already and will probably see it another time before it leaves theaters.

SO fantastic! If you enjoyed Jurassic Park, I firmly believe you'll enjoy Jurassic World. In my opinion it totally re-captures the spirit of the first movie, which is one of my absolute favorites!

Rev also mentioned Kingsman: The Secret Service and I would recommend that one too, I thought it was awesome! A weird thing at the end and one scene that I felt was too long, but really it's a seriously great movie. One of those where we left the theater totally gushing over how much we loved it.

• Hugs
Reactions: hapa74
Status
Not open for further replies.