AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Suggest a good movie!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
- Martyrs (I watch a lot of subtitled movies)

glad to see someone else enjoyed that one.
sadly there is now a weak American remake. a dubbed version of the original would've been better, not matter how badly done.

As I'm older than most of ya, I thought I'd add my three favorite movies here, as it's likelier than not, most of you haven't seen them.

The Fisher King
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101889/

This one has a bit of everything, comedy, heartbreak, fantastic acting, directing, it's a monster. It's got Jeff Bridges and Robin Williams in what I consider both their best roles. Add to that, it's directed by Terry Gilliam of Monty Python fame and this movie is a classic.

Harold and Maude
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067185/

A romantic comedy unlike any you've ever seen before. A couple with a huge age disparity fall in love. It's dark, funny and life affirming, and the soundtrack is all Cat Stevens.

Little Big Man
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065988/

Dustin Hoffman stars in a comedy about a white boy raised by Indians, and his life story moving back in forth between the white folk and the Human Beings.

Reactions: DFT
Sling blade is awesome, I reckon.
I watch a lot of European, Latin American, Asian cinema as well.
Train to busan (2016) was a great horror/drama from South Korea. A more interesting take on zombies that I'm so tired of.
El ciudadano ilustre (2016) comedy from Argentina, loosely based on Borges' life.
I am a sucker for Ricardo Darin. Comedy, drama, thriller or action, I hardly ever saw him in a bad movie.

I am a sucker for Ricardo Darin. Comedy, drama, thriller or action, I hardly ever saw him in a bad movie.

Yep. He's one of my favorite actors. I've probably seen his entire repertoire as well. :)
If you're in the mood for some more cinema in Spanish - the thriller "Invisible guest" - originally "contratiempo" (2016) is one of the best thrillers I've seen lately. I love the way the characters are developed. The few characters of the story are highly dynamic and nothing is as it seems.

Yep. He's one of my favorite actors. I've probably seen his entire repertoire as well. :)
If you're in the mood for some more cinema in Spanish - the thriller "Invisible guest" - originally "contratiempo" (2016) is one of the best thrillers I've seen lately. I love the way the characters are developed. The few characters of the story are highly dynamic and nothing is as it seems.
Gracias, tengo que verla cuando tenga un rato libre. Parece a una buena pelicula del pais Vasco (I lived in Madrid in one of the better periods of my life, that's why I have the 5 year old level of Spanish:) )

Reactions: VanessaSantos
Gracias, tengo que verla cuando tenga un rato libre. Parece a una buena pelicula del pais Vasco (I lived in Madrid in one of the better periods of my life, that's why I have the 5 year old level of Spanish:) )

Your level is better than that! (at least a little) hehe

• Helpful!
Reactions: Dan Epstein
Gifted
I rather enjoyed this one.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4481414/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_5

Frank Adler (Chris Evans) is a single man raising a child prodigy - his spirited young niece Mary (Mckenna Grace) in a coastal town in Florida. Frank's plans for a normal school life for Mary are foiled when the seven-year-old's mathematical abilities come to the attention of Frank's formidable mother Evelyn (Lindsay Duncan) whose plans for her granddaughter threaten to separate Frank and Mary. Octavia Spencer plays Roberta, Frank and Mary's landlady and best friend. Jenny Slate is Mary's teacher, Bonnie, a young woman whose concern for her student develops into a connection with her uncle as well.

IMG_9593.JPG Alice (1988)

The most creative and bizarre version of Alice in the wonderland. The film mixes a single live character (a little girl called Alice) and a variety of stop motion characters, ranging from complex (rabbit and card characters) to simpler caterpillar made out of a sock. Beautiful cinematography I've enjoyed every minute of.

Reactions: Dan Epstein
Almost anything with Jim Carrey. My favorite of his is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Makes you think, and is good if you're going through a relationship. Or maybe not. Haha.

Right now I'm watching The Truman Show and it's driving me nuts!

Other good "off the beaten path" movies:
Almost anything from the golden age of Hong Kong cinema: the 80s. A lot of is kind of trashy humor, but in a good way. They all have English subtitles :)

A subset of that golden age of HK cinema would be the gangster action movies that I have to share:
A Better Tomorrow (1986)
A Better Tomorrow II (1987)
Hard Boiled (1992)
And God of Gamblers (1989); not a gangster film but ridiculous enough to make worth mentioning.

Like crazy
Le petit prince
Captain fantastic
Pulp fiction
Juno
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
Closer

Almost anything with Jim Carrey. My favorite of his is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Makes you think, and is good if you're going through a relationship. Or maybe not. Haha.

Right now I'm watching The Truman Show and it's driving me nuts!

Other good "off the beaten path" movies:
Almost anything from the golden age of Hong Kong cinema: the 80s. A lot of is kind of trashy humor, but in a good way. They all have English subtitles :)

A subset of that golden age of HK cinema would be the gangster action movies that I have to share:
A Better Tomorrow (1986)
A Better Tomorrow II (1987)
Hard Boiled (1992)
And God of Gamblers (1989); not a gangster film but ridiculous enough to make worth mentioning.
You should also try Ringo Lam's "Full Contact". I'm a sucker for the old Chow Yun Fat blockbusters too :)

Moon. Someone already mentioned it but it's underappreciated so I wanted to mention it too. It's available on Amazon Prime right now.

Barefoot Gen is probably the most depressing book I've ever read (it's about the bombing of Hiroshima, as told by a survivor), but it was also very good and you can find the full movie for free on YouTube right now.

Reactions: DFT
Status
Not open for further replies.