AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Suggest a good movie!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Psycho
The Shining
We Need to Talk About Kevin
Enter the Void
American Beauty
The Road
Perfect Blue (anime)
Kill Bill
Requiem for a Dream
Fight Club
Gone Girl
Shaun of the Dead
Blue Velvet
Pan's Labyrinth
American Psycho
Leon the Professional
(1997) Lolita
Taxi Driver
Girl, Interuppted
28 Days Later

Reactions: uncoveredmanhole
If youre into sci-fi'ish thriller type movies: check out Source Code and Moon. Both by Duncan Jones. Great movies. Very well made.

Also, another Director movie duo: Take Shelter and Mud. Jeff Nichols did a superb job i both writing and directing in both.

Biutiful
Perfect Blue
Fubar
Control (Joy Division biopic)
Dig!
Paris is Burning
Dancer in the Dark
are just a few that I really love. And even though I was skeptical about it at first, 22 Jump Street is absolutely hilarious. One of the few newer comedies that actually kept me laughing.

The Birdcage. Can't recommend it enough.

Non-spoilery plot synopsis: Robin Williams and Nathan Lane are unmarried life partners. Williams owns a club that specializes in drag shows and Lane is a star in the show. Their chemistry is crazy and are fucking hilarious. Also Gene Hackman plays a super-conservative US senator and his deadpan humor is brilliant.

For some reason, been watching a lot of foreign movies lately, mostly crime stuff.

The best of them:

The Silence (2010) - German movie about pedos. Moody and atmospheric.

Marshland (2014) - Two cops investigating a series of murders in rural post-Franco Spain. Reminded me a lot of the first season of True Detective.

The Keeper of Lost Causes (2013) - Danish thriller about a detective working a cold case, based on the Department Q series of novels. A little cliched and didn't love the structure, but def worth watching.

Plastic (2014) - British crime movie about a group of young credit card thieves who get in way over their heads and have to pull a jewel heist to save themselves. Fun movie, also notable because Theon Greyjoy is in it, still playing a douche.

A US movie that often gets overlooked and that I would highly recommend is Frailty (2001), creepy, creeepy killer thriller with Matthew McConaughey and Bill Paxton.

• Helpful!
Reactions: ThePrincessLuxy
Most of the movies I really love I purchase and watch over and over and over. I tend to gravitate toward comedies or movies that have a style from a certain time (past or future):

The big ones (no particular order):

Terminator (as a kid, it was half-way thru the movie that I realized Arnold wasn't supposed to be a good guy)
Aliens (rules!... Game over Man!!!!!!!)
Empire Strikes Back (left the theater thinking I love how the bad guys won)
Raiders of the Lost Ark (blew my mind as a kid... a professor with glasses kicking ass! Awesome!)
Dances With Wolves (it really makes me feel like I'm seeing a past of America)
Forgetting Sarah Marshall (I laughed soooo hard)
This is the End (I don't even know what to say...)
Dazed and Confused (I love the look at the 70's during the bicentennial...plus Linklater, the director, rules)
No Country for Old Men (totally unexpected Everything...it does get wordy, but, love the 80's and the unexpectedness of it all)

Reactions: Godesswolfyx
If we are talking about new releases...Age of Adeline is pretty good :)

Reactions: KylieJacobs
Eye in the Sky.

Very intense well made movie. Highly recommended.

Col. Katherine Powell, a military officer in command of an operation to capture terrorists in Kenya, sees her mission escalate when a girl enters the kill zone triggering an international dispute over the implications of modern warfare.

Screenshot - 8_28_2016 , 3_11_46 PM.png

Reactions: Ambers Troll
Dope

It's about a young black kid unwittingly finding himself working as a drug dealer for an older crew. It's surprisingly light-hearted, full of pop-culture references ("Let's say you're ordering a Macklemore CD from Amazon..." "Let me stop you there, I would NEVER order a Macklemore CD from Amazon") and works on a more socio-political level as well, shining an admittedly sugar-coated light on the ease with which for so many young black kids in America, economic and social circumstances, and even the schools and certain branches of government, make it all too easy for drug dealing to become a more viable prospect than going to college and finding a job that pays well enough to escape their surroundings.

"As Good as it Gets" Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt. Fantastic romantic comedy. A misanthropic man with OCD falls for a waitress and slowly changes his ways. I don't know why I hadn't seen it before.

1. The Darjeeling Limited
2. The Life Aquatic
3. Night of the Hunter
4. Gaslight
5. The Wrestler

South Korean movie, so yes, subtitles. Train To Busan. A zombie flick that was pretty well made.

It's a very complicated plot so bear with me. There's this dad who is taking his daughter to the town of Busan, on a train. And there's zombies. Yeah.

Oh oh oh...and two words. ZOMBIE DEER!

vlc_2016-09-28_15-10-22.png
dfd68aed.gif

October Sky: the true story of Homer Hickam, a coal miner's son who is inspired by the first Sputnik launch to take up rocketry against his father's wishes.

All the feels and great soundtrack.

Marathon the whole "Back to the Future" trilogy

I actually did this recently and was surprised to find the movies even better than I remembered. I like how on top of being genuinely fun they manage to teach valuable lessons about masculinity, like the importance of standing up for yourself, protecting the ones you love and not allowing yourself to be ruled by emotion. Plus the incredible friendship between Marty and Doc Brown is a great illustration of the powerful bonds men can form with one another. Definitely near the top of my "Great Hollywood Movies About Masculinity" list.

Man on Fire is another great movie I saw recently, about a troubled former bodyguard who finds redemption after agreeing to protect a family's young daughter. Lots of manly lessons here too about purpose, self-sacrifice and the appropriate use of force.

Finally, just last night I watched Westworld (the original 1973 film) after about a thirty-year wait. Definitely recommended for any sci-fi fans, and worth watching if you're planning on seeing the new TV series. This movie was clearly a big influence on the Terminator series and I found it just as good.

The people vs Larry Flynt. idk if on here sorry I was to lazy to search first. But every thing about this movie. Makes it a must see.

Sad that people with close mind or (false believes) that's just my opinion. Sorry my vocabulary is small. Like my dick LMAO. Can't look at how they treat people. And see that it's harmful to all. :cat:♡♡♡♡

*The Revenant (Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hardy)
*Free State of Jones (Matthew McConaughey)

Awesome movies! And The Revenant is now one of my faves.

Status
Not open for further replies.