AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Suggestions For Chaturbate - Add Yours

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
I thought it could be a potentially good thing if we all gave our suggestions for improvement for Chaturbate to make the place better.
Over the time I have been there, I have made multiple but emailing suggestions seems pointless. I know this probably will be too but at least then we can also see what others come up with and if we agree, disagree and can improve even further on THAT idea too.

Here are a few of mine:
1) Have a 2 different types of Moderators: 1 would be as it is now and can just silence people, but then have another with a few more abilities. One of the other abilities could be to kick/ban for the model and then a few more things (not sure what?) Of course this 2 Elite Mod would be someone the model absolutely 100% trusts.
(I understand some people don't like mods to begin with, but lets keep this as suggestions not a way to debate or derail.)
2) I posted this one recently in the CB Discussion: Allow models to disable the option for PREMIUM, Mods and Fan Club members from initiating a Private Message. Have multiple options so specific groups can't do it, or have a global one to turn it off completely.

My brain has gone very dead, I can't remember any other's that I have thought of and sent previously,
What would you like to see implemented? Try not to make this all about better connection issues either.

Agreed, but it would still be an online translator. If your input language isn't grammatically very good (we all have those days), whatever comes out at the English end tends to be very confusing and not even approaching "good enough". I've seen some pretty nonsensical stuff from Slavic and latin american models, and they are often totally lost when you say you didn't understand. English as the source language by experience works much better.

Could also be I'm overthinking the problem 😄

Having messagea auto-translated in pvts is a brilliant idea though!

You can't deny though, if you're with a model you're a regular to, using a translator can be fun with the bad translations.
For a long time, I didn't realise translating a sentence with "lady" in, will change it to "wife" so for a while, I was calling a model "wife" without realising lol. And nothing weird, just stuff like "You're a very beautiful lady" haha. Maybe she understood I meant "lady" and not wife because she never mentioned it, or she was just being nice. I only noticed one day because when I translated back, I saw lol. I then mentioned it and we just laughed so now I never use that word in german translations

• Funny!
Reactions: CheeseMoon
Upvote 0
I can kind of see the #2 reason, but the thing with this is, they are no longer then spying, are they? The whole point of spying is to watch and get off on something someone else is asking from the model. if that person has stopped, you as a spy can't interact with the model, not even using tipnotes.. so essentially it's a group show with no way to interact. Yes the model hopefully would realise "i will continue to do what was being asked of me when the guy had me in the pvt show", but I feel many would not. So it wouldn't work out.

Translator would be fantastic though.

Does anyone know of the logic behind why CB doesn't increment the PVT prices in 6s past 18?
Allowing more options, gives so much more diversity for models to earn more. Far too often I have seen a model be on 18 and wants to increase it, but changing from 18 to 30 is quite a big leap for any regular, so MOSt will actually no longer take said model to a pvt show. Then, if you look past that and a model wants to increase her 30, the next option is to double her rate to 60.. again, regulars may not be able to afford that so no longer can (or will want) take.. resulting in loss of earnings (although maybe she does make up for it because it is obviously double now).

SO, why does CB NOT allow it to increment in 6s through, at least up to something like 60 or 90?
6, 12, 18, 24, 30, 36, 42, 48, 54, 60.

That gives models so much more options to utilize for their pvt show. Am I the only one to think this?
Same for a spy, why don't they allow MORE spy option prices? The max right now is 30, right? Or it was.. why not allow that to be up to about 60?

Good point on the spy mode, I had not thought of that. I think some use it for the excitement of being a voyeur, but also some use it when they dont have enough tokens for a full private or just dont want to have attention focused on them. In one other site, they have an option of the voyeurs remaining once the private requester leaves, and its low pay, but the model can then improvise and do their own show, and often the voyeurs stay for a long time, and if there is 2 or more voyeurs, can be profitable. Just having the option couldnt hurt I think. When suggesting options, I also think about the downside, so I thought maybe chaturbate doesnt wish to have the option for spy mode because they dont want too many models being "away" half the time while they use other sites.

Upvote 0
You can't deny though, if you're with a model you're a regular to, using a translator can be fun with the bad translations.
For a long time, I didn't realise translating a sentence with "lady" in, will change it to "wife" so for a while, I was calling a model "wife" without realising lol. And nothing weird, just stuff like "You're a very beautiful lady" haha. Maybe she understood I meant "lady" and not wife because she never mentioned it, or she was just being nice. I only noticed one day because when I translated back, I saw lol. I then mentioned it and we just laughed so now I never use that word in german translations

Exactly haha! A female friend of mine was camming and the user asked her to do a fashion show with many different outfits. She speaks spanish and asked if he wants a "desfile" basically a fashion show, and it translated to "parade" he laughed and asked her to google image parade...it became their inside joke. During the show he kept saying, ok now please naked a while....ok now more parade....ok now masturbate....then more parade haha

was a great time. it is tough when the user types in poor english that doesnt translate, but i feel without the translator, theyre in the same boat with a lack of understanding. as long as it shows the source language and the translation, it cant hurt.. a smart model can figure out the meaning

Upvote 0
Not to mention that almost every single Spanish pronoun you put into a translator comes out as "him". I honestly once thought the model would drag a guy in front of the cam and start huffing and puffing, until I realized whe was talking about her dildo!

Upvote 0
Not to mention that almost every single Spanish pronoun you put into a translator comes out as "him". I honestly once thought the model would drag a guy in front of the cam and start huffing and puffing, until I realized whe was talking about her dildo!

This is the same for Romanians. I use to think it was a cute little thing some models would do, but they don't have a word for "it", so they use him/her etc.

Upvote 0
Exactly haha! A female friend of mine was camming and the user asked her to do a fashion show with many different outfits. She speaks spanish and asked if he wants a "desfile" basically a fashion show, and it translated to "parade" he laughed and asked her to google image parade...it became their inside joke. During the show he kept saying, ok now please naked a while....ok now more parade....ok now masturbate....then more parade haha

was a great time. it is tough when the user types in poor english that doesnt translate, but i feel without the translator, theyre in the same boat with a lack of understanding. as long as it shows the source language and the translation, it cant hurt.. a smart model can figure out the meaning

Yes! Bad or poor wording, typing, and of course slang and abbreviations make for translating near impossible even for women (and men) who have a fantastic English education, can speak it, and read/write it very well.
There are some models who know me enough and will maybe sometimes send me a quick PM with "what does [word/phrase] mean?" and honestly, even sometimes I don't know wtf because it's their own spelling/slang (or even a slang word from another country (I am from England so we don't have all the same as Americans, for example).

Upvote 0
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I'd like for Chaturbate to have a tech side of the website, where models can get tokens for videos explaining how to set up different widgets or items to a model's page. Or even if Chaturbate could do that. I've had a bear of a time figuring out how to get my profile/bio set up with images, and have functioning bots!

Reactions: JennyFae and Smores
Upvote 0
If Chaturbate could manage to send out my notifications that would be great - makes no fucking sense to me how I have 33K followers but can only seem to get 5-10 in my room after an hour...... I'm attractive and not an asshole so IDK WTF is up with this shit.

You have to consider different possibilities:

1) People used a fake email, and thus, did not verify it.
2) People used a real email and verified it BUT it's an email they don't use or check often (I have a couple)
3) People do not have email notifications or push/browser notifications turned on.
4) Some of your "users" are actually deactivated accounts but still show as +1 in your follower's list.

I am sure I am missing some more but these can easily "shave" of how many users on your list actually receive the email/browser notification.

Upvote 0
3) People do not have email notifications or push/browser notifications turned on.
4) Some of your "users" are actually deactivated accounts but still show as +1 in your follower's list

this, and that yes :)
you can visit your users, you will see a lot being old accounts (banned, deactivated... even deleted accounts)

5) Even if, it's not because they receive and read their notifications that they will jump in your room :) They are real humans

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
this, and that yes :)
you can visit your users, you will see a lot being old accounts (banned, deactivated... even deleted accounts)

5) Even if, it's not because they receive and read their notifications that they will jump in your room :) They are real humans

Exactly, you may be on at a time they are not able to be. Maybe they use to be able to but life and commitments change over time (I know [some of] you ladies think us perverts have no life, but I promise we do - even if it's only once every blue moon lol).

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
I COMPLETELy understand all of your suggestions above and have considered them myself BUT I used to average about 100ish and now it just doesn't seem like a feasible ratio to have 33K followers and only have a handful or two show up. It makes no damn sense.

When I had a mod he would tell me how long it took him to get a notification and often it would take him 10-40 minutes to get.

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
I COMPLETELy understand all of your suggestions above and have considered them myself BUT I used to average about 100ish and now it just doesn't seem like a feasible ratio to have 33K followers and only have a handful or two show up. It makes no damn sense.

When I had a mod he would tell me how long it took him to get a notification and often it would take him 10-40 minutes to get.

Have you considered making some dummy accounts and verifying the emails? Use different email providers too (one account register with yahoo, one with gmail, etc).
Turn on notifications for them all and then see how long you take to receive each email. And try to track it for a week or 2.

I guess it could take longer now compared to previous years since there are more models and more users.

Reactions: JustMilfnAround
Upvote 0
cb started sending out the notifications in batches some months ago, so they are delayed intentionally. Follower count doesn't mean much though, most models only have a handful of repeat customers

Upvote 0
your new account is tagged "new" :)

It actually isn't - because I already have an active account, so it wouldn't be. You can't have an account and get "New" status with already having an existing account. I had a 2 year gap between when I had set u pan account I had never streamed from, and was told I couldn't get the "new" tag because I already had an account. I told them I had never streamed from that account, had them verify it, and once they saw I hadn't streamed they gave me the new tag.

When I was officially "new" and had the new tag on CB I had well over 400-500 in my room 30 minutes in.

Nice try though LOL

Upvote 0
It actually isn't - because I already have an active account, so it wouldn't be. You can't have an account and get "New" status with already having an existing account. I had a 2 year gap between when I had set u pan account I had never streamed from, and was told I couldn't get the "new" tag because I already had an account. I told them I had never streamed from that account, had them verify it, and once they saw I hadn't streamed they gave me the new tag.

When I was officially "new" and had the new tag on CB I had well over 400-500 in my room 30 minutes in.

Nice try though LOL

Just to be sure, did you look from another account or guest to see if the new account did or didn't have a new status? Just to cover all bases?
Obviously the easiest way to do it would be to probably follow it on your main account, then when you are logged in and streaming on the new one, use your mobile and look on your follow tab, and obviously it would show if you have it or not.

Upvote 0
Just to be sure, did you look from another account or guest to see if the new account did or didn't have a new status? Just to cover all bases?
Obviously the easiest way to do it would be to probably follow it on your main account, then when you are logged in and streaming on the new one, use your mobile and look on your follow tab, and obviously it would show if you have it or not.

I checked, and I did NOT have new status. So I'm still scratching my head with how 0 followers and no new status gave me a higher viewer count than a long term account with 33K and notifications being pushed out. It makes ZERO sense to me....

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Haha, yes, trying to make sense of 33k followers and 5 users in the room must be like trying to use pareidolia as a superpower. Or something.

I see the same thing all over CB; a hundred thousand followers (who only actually bookmarked your room) and at any one time only a handful of users who never say anything. I don't know why CB is like that. StripChat appears to be much chattier, even in the slow rooms. SC also lacks the constant flow of glittery, flashy bot spam from the room, where you are reminded of lush levels and a litany of miscellaneous "information" every 30 seconds. If you actually say something in the room, it is forever lost in the mists of time 5 seconds later, in an avalanche of GIFs and an explosion of blinking, pink-ish hearts, sparkling unicorns and someone inexpertly lapping something off a pussy in slow motion.

Oh, well. At least I'm not an epilectic. Yet.

Upvote 0
Haha, yes, trying to make sense of 33k followers and 5 users in the room must be like trying to use pareidolia as a superpower. Or something.

I see the same thing all over CB; a hundred thousand followers (who only actually bookmarked your room) and at any one time only a handful of users who never say anything. I don't know why CB is like that. StripChat appears to be much chattier, even in the slow rooms. SC also lacks the constant flow of glittery, flashy bot spam from the room, where you are reminded of lush levels and a litany of miscellaneous "information" every 30 seconds. If you actually say something in the room, it is forever lost in the mists of time 5 seconds later, in an avalanche of GIFs and an explosion of blinking, pink-ish hearts, sparkling unicorns and someone inexpertly lapping something off a pussy in slow motion.

Oh, well. At least I'm not an epilectic. Yet.

You just made me laugh so hard with this! 😆 I needed that - thank you!

Upvote 0
A common use case for some models is that they get momentum in their public room, but they lose that when they go to private chat. This is particularly the case when a model has under priced the private chat rate. I would like CB to implement a feature where a viewer could enter that they want notifications sent to a special number/email when a model exits private chat and reconnects to the public room. I already get email notifications when models go online, but I get so many of those that I have to process them in a special folder. I want a notification system that lives in addition to the regular one, where a viewer can get a special notification for just one day, every time a model reconnects to her room, and I want the ability to send that in a different way than the usual notification emails. If I am having fun in a room, I do not want to have to constantly check to see if the model has returned from her latest private chat.

Upvote 0
A common use case for some models is that they get momentum in their public room, but they lose that when they go to private chat. This is particularly the case when a model has under priced the private chat rate. I would like CB to implement a feature where a viewer could enter that they want notifications sent to a special number/email when a model exits private chat and reconnects to the public room. I already get email notifications when models go online, but I get so many of those that I have to process them in a special folder. I want a notification system that lives in addition to the regular one, where a viewer can get a special notification for just one day, every time a model reconnects to her room, and I want the ability to send that in a different way than the usual notification emails. If I am having fun in a room, I do not want to have to constantly check to see if the model has returned from her latest private chat.

This would be too many notifications I think.
Just think of all those models who rely on private shows, they are in and out of them all day for 8hrs or some times more.

You can just leave the sound on for the model's tab, leave the tab open whilst you go off and do whatever else then when they return, you will know because you will hear sound from your other tab.

Upvote 0
You can just leave the sound on for the model's tab, leave the tab open whilst you go off and do whatever else then when they return, you will know because you will hear sound from your other tab.
Personally I have a much simpler method: if any of the half a dozen models I follow on CB is actually on when I have time to dick around in there, that's where I hang out. If they're offline or in a pvt I check back another time. Because of time zone issues I have no real need for an email notification 4 in the morning or 2 in the afternoon. In the meantime she could have been in and out of pvts 10 times ...

Upvote 0

If they have many viewers in public, an easier solution of this issue could be to do private more in the end of their online time. Many models do so. E.g. if a model plans to stay online for 6 hours, in the first 3-4 hours she does public. If someone asks for private, she tells, private will be open later. Last 2-3 hours pvt. Fixed times (and also fixed conditions), generally, seem to be a successful concept. So the followers know your times. Or, if you have different online times, write them in your profile, whiteboard or whatever. Man is a creature of habit.

By the way, in all webcam sites I know, you can see the status of the models, that you are following, on a special menu item. Online/offline and if online, pvt or not.

Upvote 0

I think its a cool idea but i think you would have a much better chance of convincing CB of it if you settle for browser notifications, they definitely don't want to increase the emails they send out.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.