AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Suggestions For Chaturbate - Add Yours

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
I thought it could be a potentially good thing if we all gave our suggestions for improvement for Chaturbate to make the place better.
Over the time I have been there, I have made multiple but emailing suggestions seems pointless. I know this probably will be too but at least then we can also see what others come up with and if we agree, disagree and can improve even further on THAT idea too.

Here are a few of mine:
1) Have a 2 different types of Moderators: 1 would be as it is now and can just silence people, but then have another with a few more abilities. One of the other abilities could be to kick/ban for the model and then a few more things (not sure what?) Of course this 2 Elite Mod would be someone the model absolutely 100% trusts.
(I understand some people don't like mods to begin with, but lets keep this as suggestions not a way to debate or derail.)
2) I posted this one recently in the CB Discussion: Allow models to disable the option for PREMIUM, Mods and Fan Club members from initiating a Private Message. Have multiple options so specific groups can't do it, or have a global one to turn it off completely.

My brain has gone very dead, I can't remember any other's that I have thought of and sent previously,
What would you like to see implemented? Try not to make this all about better connection issues either.

1) KICK inactive users from the room AUTOMATICALLY after XX hours. If they are not talking or tipping, they are not contributing, so why are they just there? There is no point. Even if they have fallen asleep, gone out or the most common - they are in another room. Then boot them from the room (not a BAN, just a kick out for that time).

Let the model set how long inactive users can remain. She might want to test much lower numbers, like maybe even 15 minutes.

Have a separate timeout for anonymous users, and I would be tempted to make that timeout really low, on the order of five minutes. If the setting allowed it, I might even put that timeout at one minute. As a model, anonymous users are not serving me. Why should I tolerate or encourage them to remain anonymous? That alone would make recording shows a little more difficult for anyone who has not automated the whole process.

Unfortunately, CB has the wrong incentives for this feature. CB makes money on advertising that they do not share with the model. So CB might like rooms with a lot of inactive and anonymous users, because CB has a way to monetize that.

2b) Also regarding photo sets, allow some kind of slideshow for the fullsize images. Right now you have to open multiple tabs or download all.. It's also annoying to open the full size, it takes too long. Every photo you have to click thumbnail > click view full size. When there is 20+ images that is very horrible. Make it much more user friendly - maybe then photo sets MAY (but maybe not, we won't know) get more sales and popular.

Amen :)

Upvote 0
BANS: Don't let them expire after 2 months. The reason you have banned someone from your room and not silenced them, is most likely because they are rude a-holes or worse. Why would you want them to have an expiration on the ban? That makes no sense. A ban should be indefinite/forever!

Reactions: waleed88 and CurvyJ
Upvote 0
This is an "odd" request but it does/can make sense in some scenarios dependent on the model/room.

If greys being allowed to chat in public is turned off, they are still allowed to talk in PM if someone initiates the PM with them - the model, the moderator..
The same for if other rules are applied, such as people can only talk in public if they HAVE tokens or have tipped in the last 24hrs etc. If the model initiates, which she would have to in that case, I think it should overwrite that for a PM.

Question: If you're a fan member and/or moderator for someone and you spend all your tokens but the model has that option set "you must have tokens to talk", can the fan member/moderator still talk, or not?

Upvote 0
Here is one which I hate and really desperately want.

If you have a password on your account, and then you go do a cam2cam private with a model, when you finish your broadcast if you have people following you, it will show a still image from you in your password room, on the follower tab. I don't want this. The model I always cam2cam with, we laugh and joke and enjoy and she is the only one I show my face to because I feel comfortable with and I don't want everyone else to see me. Because of this issue, I have to use a "workaround" by ending the broadcast. The start it again but this time put something over my cam so it's black/dark, or another image.. then leave it a few minutes and end again.

We should be able to disable thumbnail previews or something similar for our OWN.

It shouldn't show any kind of still image, be it from the start middle or end, from a password room.
Does it not defeat part of the purpose? You password the room for a reason... or am I missing something obvious?

Upvote 0
Here is one which I hate and really desperately want.

If you have a password on your account, and then you go do a cam2cam private with a model, when you finish your broadcast if you have people following you, it will show a still image from you in your password room, on the follower tab. I don't want this. The model I always cam2cam with, we laugh and joke and enjoy and she is the only one I show my face to because I feel comfortable with and I don't want everyone else to see me. Because of this issue, I have to use a "workaround" by ending the broadcast. The start it again but this time put something over my cam so it's black/dark, or another image.. then leave it a few minutes and end again.

We should be able to disable thumbnail previews or something similar for our OWN.

It shouldn't show any kind of still image, be it from the start middle or end, from a password room.
Does it not defeat part of the purpose? You password the room for a reason... or am I missing something obvious?

Wow, this looks like a massive security hole. I think you should start a separate thread on this. It deserves to be called out on its own. It's not a feature enhancement. Then link that thread here so people can refocus conversation there.

Without giving details in this thread, I was able to test this in a way that proves this misfeature can be used to circumvent other security related issues in a profile. It's not just about passwords, although overcoming a password is surely the most offensive violation of privacy you can imagine.

At what exact moment does CB take the still image of you to put on the Followed page? Why can't you just put a cap on your camera in the last two minutes of your private with the model? Leave your CB software configured to continue broadcasting, but the image itself will be a black rectangle.

Upvote 0
Wow, this looks like a massive security hole. I think you should start a separate thread on this. It deserves to be called out on its own. It's not a feature enhancement. Then link that thread here so people can refocus conversation there.

Without giving details in this thread, I was able to test this in a way that proves this misfeature can be used to circumvent other security related issues in a profile. It's not just about passwords, although overcoming a password is surely the most offensive violation of privacy you can imagine.

At what exact moment does CB take the still image of you to put on the Followed page? Why can't you just put a cap on your camera in the last two minutes of your private with the model? Leave your CB software configured to continue broadcasting, but the image itself will be a black rectangle.

It seems to be random each time. I always put the password on and then start the broadcast and sometimes it will be within the first few seconds of me clicking broadcast that it takes the still image, and other times later on. Never is it towards the end, it seems. But then the way to stop that taking an image of me is to put something in front of my cam to begin with, but I am sure like with most people I am not really thinking to do that - I simply think "oh I want to take her pvt" and start then 'quickly' set my pass and start my cam.

It just seems very messed up that it does this at all and I don't think it should. regardless of when it takes the image.

Reactions: Smores
Upvote 0
Builtin languages translations for chat rooms.
At least for the bigger/main languages that you see, such as (personally): Romanian, Spanish, French, English, Russian / Ukranian.

Eventually have it for most (or the top 20) languages, but for the mean time, a few would be great. Having to use a Google Chrome extension sucks. This could be a premium user feature...

Upvote 0
Yes some really great ideas!
I'd like a better more predictive search function that works wether you are logged in or not like SM.
And yes some sort of offline messaging system where if a model who is sick or away for any reason, can say hi guy/girls I'll be back in a few days or i'm taking a break etc.
Speaking of that, anyone know why the lovely Sammysable left, she was one of the first girls I watched on CB.

Upvote 0
1) KICK inactive users from the room AUTOMATICALLY after XX hours. If they are not talking or tipping, they are not contributing, so why are they just there? There is no point. Even if they have fallen asleep, gone out or the most common - they are in another room. Then boot them from the room (not a BAN, just a kick out for that time).

2a) Allow a .zip download for photo sets that have 10+ images in. This will be different views I guess. I know a lot of sites don't allow a right click to download photo's but CB and some other's do - and the full size version at that, which is great - especially if it's a bought set. Because CB allows the download option via traditional methods of right click and save image, I think a zip option to download all in a fullsize would be great too.

2b) Also regarding photo sets, allow some kind of slideshow for the fullsize images. Right now you have to open multiple tabs or download all.. It's also annoying to open the full size, it takes too long. Every photo you have to click thumbnail > click view full size. When there is 20+ images that is very horrible. Make it much more user friendly - maybe then photo sets MAY (but maybe not, we won't know) get more sales and popular.

I greyed for several months before deciding to go blue. If i was kicked I would have not returned. It took me that time to figure out the site, observe the etiquette and practice and ultimately deleting hundreds of followed models to settle on a handful to participate with.

It sucks people can view free, but that's how they are constantly selling themselves to the viewers.

I think any kind of viewer kick would hurt the room in the long run.

I'm still new to CB but thats my thoughts on room auto kicking, especially if the anon viewer is kicked, they probably wont return, let alone participate as eagerly. At least I wouldn't.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
Upvote 0
I was talking with someone about statistics somewhere. To piggyback on your list:
  • FanClub Members added/removed (monthly/quarterly/annually)
  • Users in room also based on when you were on (month, day, hours)
  • Tokens in room based when you were on
  • Token:user ratio (how many tokens made per user)
  • Traffic coming from other places to personal room (e.g. social media, personal websites, clip sites, etc.)
  • Which bots/apps were used during each show, along with Room Topic (to see which shows worked and which didn't)
  • CB Hashtag Traffic (how many users found me do to certain hashtags, clicked or otherwise)
  • Tokens made per hour, day, etc. (Excel Chart Style lol)
  • Most active days, hours, tokens generated, etc. for CB as a whole or by "gender" (could even base it on country and/or timezone).
  • Tokens made per private show (monthly/quarterly/annually)
Literally just throwing things out and hoping a couple will stick, but I don't know if any even could.

Just thoughts for y'all.

yes to all of this!

Upvote 0
Not sure if this was already added, but a big feature needed by models is the ability to "un-PM" a user they sent a PM to. The most common scam I see on this site is for a user to beg a model for free PM in order to "discuss a private" and then they simply create too-difficult conditions for that and try to leach off the availability of PM for free.

The model should have the ability to tell these users in PM "Okay, we were unable to agree on terms for doing a private and I am going to remove you from PM now." As it is now, the model appears to need to silence the user in order to restrict their ability to send PMs. It's a little too restrictive.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this was already added, but a big feature needed by models is the ability to "un-PM" a user they sent a PM to. The most common scam I see on this site is for a user to beg a model for free PM in order to "discuss a private" and then they simply create too-difficult conditions for that and try to leach off the availability of PM for free.

The model should have the ability to tell these users in PM "Okay, we were unable to agree on terms for doing a private and I am going to remove you from PM now." As it is now, the model appears to need to silence the user in order to restrict their ability to send PMs. It's a little too restrictive.

Yes! Less flashing numbers is less attention divided! In that same context, another PM window next to the free chat window would be helpful too.

Upvote 0
Funny Suggestion that sounds like a good idea:

When a model goes into a private / group show, the webcam feed has an option to play a game of Pong or basic game that picks random users to play against each other until the model returns.

Keeps the users occupied & entertained while they wait.

Upvote 0
Funny Suggestion that sounds like a good idea:

When a model goes into a private / group show, the webcam feed has an option to play a game of Pong or basic game that picks random users to play against each other until the model returns.

Keeps the users occupied & entertained while they wait.
can the paddles be penises?

Upvote 0
The Tube Section, disable the 'auto play' on videos it would make the content load up
faster and give the viewers a choice if they wish to see the videos.

Also resize the videos down to the webcam preview example section, this way they could
fit in more videos / photos within a page without the endless scrolling.

Upvote 0
When you silence or ban someone on Chaturbate, it removes all the messages. GREAT!! Not..
If you refresh the page OR if another member who was not previously there enters, he/she will see that users messages and it will be as if they are not silenced or banned. The effect is still in order and they are in fact banned/silenced (they can't type or view the room as intended).. but for everyone else they can still potentially see the vile images or words that have been said/done by those individual.

A way to make this not happen would be great.

Upvote 0
A top to CB would be, STOP stream to other pages.

Models sign up for CB, and not all other pages videos end up on.

Upvote 0
Broadcasters can turn this off already if they turn off their access to affiliate pages.

I agree with the guy above - but I think maybe he worded/explained it wrong, or the implementation of it at least. I think the default should be turned off and if you wish to turn it on, it's there. But obviously I can understand from CBs point of view though, doing it the way they have. But it's not clearly visible and being pointed out to the models, so something should be done.

Upvote 0
I've seen hundreds of "PM me about private" messages on CB. Why don't the models ban or boot these bozos once they see they've been tricked?

Upvote 0
It would be super awesome, if the private message window was able to pop out, so I could move it to another monitor and not have to keep clicking back-and-forth. Also, it would be nice to be able to make the text that shows your room count bigger. I have my chat window on a 50 inch flat screen, I am only about 10 feet away from it, and I have to still squint like a motherfucker.

Upvote 0
So the image above is showing exceedingly tiny, not sure why lol.

VEvZpZV.jpg

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.