1. ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions For Chaturbate - Add Yours

Discussion in 'Chaturbate' started by Brett M, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Brett M

BROWSER NOTIFICATIONS:

I LOVE this option/feature. Absolutely love it. The problem with it for me is the fact the notification literally seems to stay open indefinitely. I have had it in the corner for about 20 minutes before closing it. Other sites I know that use this seem to have a timer, so after say 30 seconds or less (or 1 minute, whatever) the notification vanishes/hides by itself. If yo could make this happen, that would be amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brett M

I see Chaturbate have now added an "online" and "offline" section in the FOLLOWERS tab, so by default it only shows people ONLINE right now. But you can click "offline rooms" to display your other followed models. Also each has a "star" in the top right so follow/unfollow (this is for all rooms/pages)

You guys are awesome for listening to us, we really do appreciate it despite it may seem like we are all rude and get annoyed :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Smores

What would make this page almost perfect would be to see the model's private rate, group rate, and spy rate right on the follow page.

As I previously suggested, having a way to create Notes on the model from the follow page would be amazing as well as seeing the first few lines of those notes in each summary box.

This might be harder, but if the model had a goal show and there were a way to show the goal amount and the number of tips received so far in the follow box, I am pretty sure people would rush into rooms that are near the goal to help push them over.

4. Brett M

I think for things like this it's for them to try and preserve space and utilize it as much as possible, keeping loading etc all down.
    But I think possibly one way to help do this would be to do something like an "on hover". So you hover over the live thumbnail and it switches to some other info.

5. Brett M

A model told me last night that the "ban" page also shows AUTOMATICALLY banned accounts too. Ones that are associated with BANS you already have in place - I assume it goes by IP and/or Emails and/or verification used? Either way fantastic news. I know there will be obvious ways around stuff like this, usually for greys who want to troll but this is a fantastic feature that it does it automatically. She was pleasantly surprised too, which is awesome.

So again, thanks CB :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brett M

suggestion:

A way to NOT "kick" your members from your room when you go to a password show. Maybe it somehow mimics your page so they can, like if you're in a PVT show, remain in your room and chat etc.
    I know some reasons people put a password on are so they can make profile changes, for example, this way if it is a mimic, that page everyone else is on after the password is set, will not be updated with the new changes the model makes to the profile - they will also still only see the "password show" black screen. A lot of models on CB do password shows for those who have less than the minimum of 100 tokens to start a PVT but in doing so it then loses any little users in their room, which then makes it even harder for them. So this could be one tiny little way to help and could make a big difference to so many of the models.

7. ladylilith

@punker barbie
    - More specific region information for Australian models. We are lumped in with "Other Region Cams" which is confusing and I didn't know where to find Australian cams originally as I thought Australia is usually with Asia. I think Australian cams and Asian cams should be seperate but "Other region" is just kind of a strange combo of some Eastern European studio models, a handful of Indian cams and Au/NZ.

- Tip for PM function was a great suggestion

- Offline messaging and message storing!! I find it so frustrating, I have to sometimes refresh my page and every time I do I lose all of my PM's. If there is any way around this please let me know but I'm super forgetful and "in the zone" when I'm doing a show so important information from PM's gets lost

- As has been well suggested, also making it more difficult for report/bans. I have a viewer get angry for me refusing to do certain things in private and I ended the private (therefore no minimum minutes/tokens spent) and messaged me threatening me saying I should cash my tokens out because I'd never see the site again. I am aware CB isn't responsible for assholes making threats, but I feel like those threats would be thrown around less if it wasn't actually so easy to try to have somebody banned if you really wanted.

8. Mila_

Cam Model

How is this a good thing for models though? It would wreck member retention. Sounds more like a freeloader paradise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Smores

You make a great point regarding freeloaders. Maybe the feature could be designed to only show the goal to users who are purple and dark purple? In other words, let the people who have been spending money know there is a room where the goal is almost met.

Your point is that this feature might draw people away from a room. I could argue that either way. I think what really makes a member stay with a model is some kind of relationship or at least attraction to personality. Once you have that, the member does not care about another model's goals. If you do not have that with a member, then probably he already has four rooms open on the browser and is wandering around anyway.

I had a situation the other day where I paid for most of the goal for a model with a 700 token goal and then left her room after bringing her to within five tokens of her goal. (Why I did that...beyond the scope of this question. :) ) Her room only had 10 to 15 people in it and sat there with five tokens remaining for 40 minutes. I know that because I checked in for 30 seconds 40 minutes in. Unbelievable. That's an example of a situation where members browsing models would probably rush into a room to help complete a goal. My intuition is that this feature would result in more models completing more goals, and would net-increase the overall member spending on the site.

I feel like we need more facts to understand this behavior, but it would be worth studying it. I can't prove it, and your point needs to be considered.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Mila_

Cam Model

A model generally has:

1) Hardcore fans who are there for her no matter what and who spend the lion's share of their tokens on her
    2) Regulars who like her and also like 5 other models, they spend time in each room and tip all of them.
    3) Casual tippers who jump rooms tipping a little here and there
    4) Enthusiasts of her room who don't spend money but do spend energy and time in her room
    5) Freeloaders who contribute nothing in either conversation or energy

#1, #2, #3 spend money but only #1 has a relationship with the model like the one you are describing. The biggest portion of tokens made in a day though will generally come from #2 and #3.

Now, members tend to spend when they commit to a show. Like we said, #1 is committed by default, but #2 and #3 you need to EARN every day. In order for a member to commit to a show he needs to be invested in the outcome. You don't get invested in a show when you are hopping rooms like a chicken with it's head cut off. That's freeloader behavior. A member spends when he is intrigued and to get intrigued he needs to stay in a room for longer than 5 minutes without distractions or someone waving a tray of delicious warm baby back rib samples below his nose. Your feature is that tray.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Smores

I feel like this is an issue where you would have to observe a large enough sample of members to really figure out whether it net helps or hurts spend on the site. And you already convinced me that the feature should not be implemented until you have better proof that it helps models, on net.

I am not disagreeing with your breakdown of members. But I feel like after a member commits to your show, he is there and committed. He isn't going to be tempted to jump from your room just because the profile list has goal information on it. The feature I was describing would only come into play when the member leaves a room (for whatever reasons) and then is wanting to find the next room to enter. My hypothesis is that having this goal information on the list of models would encourage people to spend money when the alternative behavior might just be to leave CB and go do something else. It becomes a way to capture interest when the person is in "channel-flipping" mode.

12. Mila_

Cam Model

After a member commits he is committed, but before he commits he is not. If you give him 10000 options of other shows he might like better he is much less likely to commit to /any/ show not just mine. This explains why when there are too many great shows going on on the homepage members spend LESS than they do when there is 1 great model on and many lackluster ones. People dislike feeling like they are missing out. If there is a no-brainer option they will go there and happily spend while if there are 10 no-brainer options they will spend nowhere. If you are constantly showing them all the great shows that are about to happen and they will miss out on if they commit to MY show.. well, that doesn't fare well for anyone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Brett M

PM History would be amazing. Even if it's only for say, a 24 hr period.
    To add slightly to this, a suggestion based from it:

- If you silence or ban a person, keep store that persons messages somewhere in the ban list so you can see what was done/said and why you banned them EXACTLY. A note would be great as mentioned previously, but writing a quick note isn't always something you can do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ladylilith

MFC has a note function and by God it might just be the thing that wins me over Chaturbate

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. AlbinoGator

An easy way to stop the spam bots is to simply have a short (10 seconds) probationary period in which grey users are not allowed to chat. A spam bot comes into the room, dumps its spam and leaves. If they simply disallow grey users to chat for 10 seconds upon entering a room, it would greatly diminish the amount of spam.

16. Smores

Spam bot creators would game that the next day. They would just program the bot to not speak for the timeout period.

Another solution might be to put all grey users on probation and show their comments in some form that only the model and moderators can see. Then individual grey users could be authorized to chat, based on a human review of what they type. That lets the model exercise all kinds of complex preferences that automation alone could not capture well.

17. Brett M

I am actually seeing light blues now doing it. A lot of them. Not sure HOW it is being done (bot, or manually by a person).. either way not sure at all because the min buy is 100 tokens for $10 no way can I imagine them buying that for each account... but then if they do it on one account and send 1 token to 99 other accounts it means they need to verify all of those accounts, which again, I am sure is not happening... so I have no idea how this method is being done. Something for CB to look into though.

Maybe have a room option for models that is "only greys with VERIFIED emails can talk" ??

18. AlbinoGator

Spam bots with blue accounts are from people who got their account hacked in some way. Either by trying one of those free token generator scams or by simply having a weak password.

You're really giving too much credit to spam bot creators. These bots have been doing the same shit day after day for years. They're not gonna change shit.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. Brett M

Automatically UNFOLLOW deleted accounts.
    Not sure why it wouldn't do this but please add it.