AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Suggestions For Chaturbate - Add Yours

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
I thought it could be a potentially good thing if we all gave our suggestions for improvement for Chaturbate to make the place better.
Over the time I have been there, I have made multiple but emailing suggestions seems pointless. I know this probably will be too but at least then we can also see what others come up with and if we agree, disagree and can improve even further on THAT idea too.

Here are a few of mine:
1) Have a 2 different types of Moderators: 1 would be as it is now and can just silence people, but then have another with a few more abilities. One of the other abilities could be to kick/ban for the model and then a few more things (not sure what?) Of course this 2 Elite Mod would be someone the model absolutely 100% trusts.
(I understand some people don't like mods to begin with, but lets keep this as suggestions not a way to debate or derail.)
2) I posted this one recently in the CB Discussion: Allow models to disable the option for PREMIUM, Mods and Fan Club members from initiating a Private Message. Have multiple options so specific groups can't do it, or have a global one to turn it off completely.

My brain has gone very dead, I can't remember any other's that I have thought of and sent previously,
What would you like to see implemented? Try not to make this all about better connection issues either.

BROWSER NOTIFICATIONS:

I LOVE this option/feature. Absolutely love it. The problem with it for me is the fact the notification literally seems to stay open indefinitely. I have had it in the corner for about 20 minutes before closing it. Other sites I know that use this seem to have a timer, so after say 30 seconds or less (or 1 minute, whatever) the notification vanishes/hides by itself. If yo could make this happen, that would be amazing.

Reactions: shapman88
Upvote 0
I see Chaturbate have now added an "online" and "offline" section in the FOLLOWERS tab, so by default it only shows people ONLINE right now. But you can click "offline rooms" to display your other followed models. Also each has a "star" in the top right so follow/unfollow (this is for all rooms/pages)

You guys are awesome for listening to us, we really do appreciate it despite it may seem like we are all rude and get annoyed :D

Reactions: Smores
Upvote 0
I see Chaturbate have now added an "online" and "offline" section in the FOLLOWERS tab, so by default it only shows people ONLINE right now. But you can click "offline rooms" to display your other followed models. Also each has a "star" in the top right so follow/unfollow (this is for all rooms/pages)

You guys are awesome for listening to us, we really do appreciate it despite it may seem like we are all rude and get annoyed :D

What would make this page almost perfect would be to see the model's private rate, group rate, and spy rate right on the follow page.

As I previously suggested, having a way to create Notes on the model from the follow page would be amazing as well as seeing the first few lines of those notes in each summary box.

This might be harder, but if the model had a goal show and there were a way to show the goal amount and the number of tips received so far in the follow box, I am pretty sure people would rush into rooms that are near the goal to help push them over.

Upvote 0
What would make this page almost perfect would be to see the model's private rate, group rate, and spy rate right on the follow page.

As I previously suggested, having a way to create Notes on the model from the follow page would be amazing as well as seeing the first few lines of those notes in each summary box.

This might be harder, but if the model had a goal show and there were a way to show the goal amount and the number of tips received so far in the follow box, I am pretty sure people would rush into rooms that are near the goal to help push them over.

I think for things like this it's for them to try and preserve space and utilize it as much as possible, keeping loading etc all down.
But I think possibly one way to help do this would be to do something like an "on hover". So you hover over the live thumbnail and it switches to some other info.

Upvote 0
A model told me last night that the "ban" page also shows AUTOMATICALLY banned accounts too. Ones that are associated with BANS you already have in place - I assume it goes by IP and/or Emails and/or verification used? Either way fantastic news. I know there will be obvious ways around stuff like this, usually for greys who want to troll but this is a fantastic feature that it does it automatically. She was pleasantly surprised too, which is awesome.

So again, thanks CB :D

Reactions: dark_mermaid
Upvote 0
suggestion:

A way to NOT "kick" your members from your room when you go to a password show. Maybe it somehow mimics your page so they can, like if you're in a PVT show, remain in your room and chat etc.
I know some reasons people put a password on are so they can make profile changes, for example, this way if it is a mimic, that page everyone else is on after the password is set, will not be updated with the new changes the model makes to the profile - they will also still only see the "password show" black screen. A lot of models on CB do password shows for those who have less than the minimum of 100 tokens to start a PVT but in doing so it then loses any little users in their room, which then makes it even harder for them. So this could be one tiny little way to help and could make a big difference to so many of the models.

Upvote 0
@punker barbie
- More specific region information for Australian models. We are lumped in with "Other Region Cams" which is confusing and I didn't know where to find Australian cams originally as I thought Australia is usually with Asia. I think Australian cams and Asian cams should be seperate but "Other region" is just kind of a strange combo of some Eastern European studio models, a handful of Indian cams and Au/NZ.

- Tip for PM function was a great suggestion

- Offline messaging and message storing!! I find it so frustrating, I have to sometimes refresh my page and every time I do I lose all of my PM's. If there is any way around this please let me know but I'm super forgetful and "in the zone" when I'm doing a show so important information from PM's gets lost

- As has been well suggested, also making it more difficult for report/bans. I have a viewer get angry for me refusing to do certain things in private and I ended the private (therefore no minimum minutes/tokens spent) and messaged me threatening me saying I should cash my tokens out because I'd never see the site again. I am aware CB isn't responsible for assholes making threats, but I feel like those threats would be thrown around less if it wasn't actually so easy to try to have somebody banned if you really wanted.

Upvote 0
if the model had a goal show and there were a way to show the goal amount and the number of tips received so far in the follow box, I am pretty sure people would rush into rooms that are near the goal to help push them over.

How is this a good thing for models though? It would wreck member retention. Sounds more like a freeloader paradise.

Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0
How is this a good thing for models though? It would wreck member retention. Sounds more like a freeloader paradise.

You make a great point regarding freeloaders. Maybe the feature could be designed to only show the goal to users who are purple and dark purple? In other words, let the people who have been spending money know there is a room where the goal is almost met.

Your point is that this feature might draw people away from a room. I could argue that either way. I think what really makes a member stay with a model is some kind of relationship or at least attraction to personality. Once you have that, the member does not care about another model's goals. If you do not have that with a member, then probably he already has four rooms open on the browser and is wandering around anyway.

I had a situation the other day where I paid for most of the goal for a model with a 700 token goal and then left her room after bringing her to within five tokens of her goal. (Why I did that...beyond the scope of this question. :) ) Her room only had 10 to 15 people in it and sat there with five tokens remaining for 40 minutes. I know that because I checked in for 30 seconds 40 minutes in. Unbelievable. That's an example of a situation where members browsing models would probably rush into a room to help complete a goal. My intuition is that this feature would result in more models completing more goals, and would net-increase the overall member spending on the site.

I feel like we need more facts to understand this behavior, but it would be worth studying it. I can't prove it, and your point needs to be considered.

Upvote 0
Your point is that this feature might draw people away from a room. I could argue that either way. I think what really makes a member stay with a model is some kind of relationship or at least attraction to personality. Once you have that, the member does not care about another model's goals. If you do not have that with a member, then probably he already has four rooms open on the browser and is wandering around anyway.

A model generally has:

1) Hardcore fans who are there for her no matter what and who spend the lion's share of their tokens on her
2) Regulars who like her and also like 5 other models, they spend time in each room and tip all of them.
3) Casual tippers who jump rooms tipping a little here and there
4) Enthusiasts of her room who don't spend money but do spend energy and time in her room
5) Freeloaders who contribute nothing in either conversation or energy

#1, #2, #3 spend money but only #1 has a relationship with the model like the one you are describing. The biggest portion of tokens made in a day though will generally come from #2 and #3.

Now, members tend to spend when they commit to a show. Like we said, #1 is committed by default, but #2 and #3 you need to EARN every day. In order for a member to commit to a show he needs to be invested in the outcome. You don't get invested in a show when you are hopping rooms like a chicken with it's head cut off. That's freeloader behavior. A member spends when he is intrigued and to get intrigued he needs to stay in a room for longer than 5 minutes without distractions or someone waving a tray of delicious warm baby back rib samples below his nose. Your feature is that tray.

Upvote 0
Now, members tend to spend when they commit to a show. Like we said, #1 is committed by default, but #2 and #3 you need to EARN every day. In order for a member to commit to a show he needs to be invested in the outcome. You don't get invested in a show when you are hopping rooms like a chicken with it's head cut off. That's freeloader behavior. A member spends when he is intrigued and to get intrigued he needs to stay in a room for longer than 5 minutes without distractions or someone waving a tray of delicious warm baby back rib samples below his nose. Your feature is that tray.

I feel like this is an issue where you would have to observe a large enough sample of members to really figure out whether it net helps or hurts spend on the site. And you already convinced me that the feature should not be implemented until you have better proof that it helps models, on net.

I am not disagreeing with your breakdown of members. But I feel like after a member commits to your show, he is there and committed. He isn't going to be tempted to jump from your room just because the profile list has goal information on it. The feature I was describing would only come into play when the member leaves a room (for whatever reasons) and then is wanting to find the next room to enter. My hypothesis is that having this goal information on the list of models would encourage people to spend money when the alternative behavior might just be to leave CB and go do something else. It becomes a way to capture interest when the person is in "channel-flipping" mode.

Upvote 0
I am not disagreeing with your breakdown of members. But I feel like after a member commits to your show, he is there and committed. He isn't going to be tempted to jump from your room just because the profile list has goal information on it. The feature I was describing would only come into play when the member leaves a room (for whatever reasons) and then is wanting to find the next room to enter. My hypothesis is that having this goal information on the list of models would encourage people to spend money when the alternative behavior might just be to leave CB and go do something else. It becomes a way to capture interest when the person is in "channel-flipping" mode.

After a member commits he is committed, but before he commits he is not. If you give him 10000 options of other shows he might like better he is much less likely to commit to /any/ show not just mine. This explains why when there are too many great shows going on on the homepage members spend LESS than they do when there is 1 great model on and many lackluster ones. People dislike feeling like they are missing out. If there is a no-brainer option they will go there and happily spend while if there are 10 no-brainer options they will spend nowhere. If you are constantly showing them all the great shows that are about to happen and they will miss out on if they commit to MY show.. well, that doesn't fare well for anyone.

Upvote 0
@punker barbie
- More specific region information for Australian models. We are lumped in with "Other Region Cams" which is confusing and I didn't know where to find Australian cams originally as I thought Australia is usually with Asia. I think Australian cams and Asian cams should be seperate but "Other region" is just kind of a strange combo of some Eastern European studio models, a handful of Indian cams and Au/NZ.

- Tip for PM function was a great suggestion

- Offline messaging and message storing!! I find it so frustrating, I have to sometimes refresh my page and every time I do I lose all of my PM's. If there is any way around this please let me know but I'm super forgetful and "in the zone" when I'm doing a show so important information from PM's gets lost

- As has been well suggested, also making it more difficult for report/bans. I have a viewer get angry for me refusing to do certain things in private and I ended the private (therefore no minimum minutes/tokens spent) and messaged me threatening me saying I should cash my tokens out because I'd never see the site again. I am aware CB isn't responsible for assholes making threats, but I feel like those threats would be thrown around less if it wasn't actually so easy to try to have somebody banned if you really wanted.

PM History would be amazing. Even if it's only for say, a 24 hr period.
To add slightly to this, a suggestion based from it:

- If you silence or ban a person, keep store that persons messages somewhere in the ban list so you can see what was done/said and why you banned them EXACTLY. A note would be great as mentioned previously, but writing a quick note isn't always something you can do.

Upvote 0
PM History would be amazing. Even if it's only for say, a 24 hr period.
To add slightly to this, a suggestion based from it:

- If you silence or ban a person, keep store that persons messages somewhere in the ban list so you can see what was done/said and why you banned them EXACTLY. A note would be great as mentioned previously, but writing a quick note isn't always something you can do.
MFC has a note function and by God it might just be the thing that wins me over Chaturbate

Reactions: Smores
Upvote 0
This would stop a lot of the spam bots.

An easy way to stop the spam bots is to simply have a short (10 seconds) probationary period in which grey users are not allowed to chat. A spam bot comes into the room, dumps its spam and leaves. If they simply disallow grey users to chat for 10 seconds upon entering a room, it would greatly diminish the amount of spam.

Upvote 0
An easy way to stop the spam bots is to simply have a short (10 seconds) probationary period in which grey users are not allowed to chat. A spam bot comes into the room, dumps its spam and leaves. If they simply disallow grey users to chat for 10 seconds upon entering a room, it would greatly diminish the amount of spam.

Spam bot creators would game that the next day. They would just program the bot to not speak for the timeout period.

Another solution might be to put all grey users on probation and show their comments in some form that only the model and moderators can see. Then individual grey users could be authorized to chat, based on a human review of what they type. That lets the model exercise all kinds of complex preferences that automation alone could not capture well.

Upvote 0

I am actually seeing light blues now doing it. A lot of them. Not sure HOW it is being done (bot, or manually by a person).. either way not sure at all because the min buy is 100 tokens for $10 no way can I imagine them buying that for each account... but then if they do it on one account and send 1 token to 99 other accounts it means they need to verify all of those accounts, which again, I am sure is not happening... so I have no idea how this method is being done. Something for CB to look into though.

Maybe have a room option for models that is "only greys with VERIFIED emails can talk" ??

Upvote 0
I am actually seeing light blues now doing it. A lot of them. Not sure HOW it is being done (bot, or manually by a person).. either way not sure at all because the min buy is 100 tokens for $10 no way can I imagine them buying that for each account... but then if they do it on one account and send 1 token to 99 other accounts it means they need to verify all of those accounts, which again, I am sure is not happening... so I have no idea how this method is being done. Something for CB to look into though.

Maybe have a room option for models that is "only greys with VERIFIED emails can talk" ??

Spam bots with blue accounts are from people who got their account hacked in some way. Either by trying one of those free token generator scams or by simply having a weak password.

Spam bot creators would game that the next day. They would just program the bot to not speak for the timeout period.
You're really giving too much credit to spam bot creators. These bots have been doing the same shit day after day for years. They're not gonna change shit.

• Helpful!
Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
holy crap! chaturbate "online time" is now in hours and not minutes! No more calculating the hours, and less number clutter cleans the previews up nicely! Cool to see updates, awesome work :happy:

Upvote 0
So it is.
I also noticed when they DO keep adding the offline/online rooms, it sorts them by LAST ONLINE and displays it by hours/days/weeks.- which is fantastic.
Can't wait til this is adding back permanently.

Upvote 0
So it is.
I also noticed when they DO keep adding the offline/online rooms, it sorts them by LAST ONLINE and displays it by hours/days/weeks.- which is fantastic.
Can't wait til this is adding back permanently.
On that same note, I've noticed that whenever they do add that feature back, the site becomes inherently more unstable.

Upvote 0
On that same note, I've noticed that whenever they do add that feature back, the site becomes inherently more unstable.

Yep. Not sure how or why but I guess that is why they have removed it - I have seen them remove/add it 2 or 3 times.
Cant wait til it's fixed and working as intended though. On the face of it, it's a "simple" feature/change, but makes a huge difference for the viewer.

Upvote 0
Yep. Not sure how or why but I guess that is why they have removed it - I have seen them remove/add it 2 or 3 times.
Cant wait til it's fixed and working as intended though. On the face of it, it's a "simple" feature/change, but makes a huge difference for the viewer.
If im being completely honest, I like the idea of making a change and I really like the ability to favorite or unfavorite a room from whatever screen you're on, but i dont like the separate screens for online/offline. If thats the direction theyre going to go, I hope they make it a user's choice rather than just make the change. Like how they removed the locations and then added it back as an individual person's option.

Upvote 0

I confirm your observation. What's more, inside each room when that feature has been enabled there are some video feed problems. The video will stagger frequently. So I am guessing that change is associated with a whole package of other changes, and they are testing them all together.

Upvote 0
The video update for the translucent bar and different design: is that CB that has changed that or is that something to do with Chrome?
I would assume CB, right? But I don't know. I prefer it definitely.

Upvote 0
How about different tabs for chat for different groups?
I don't mean 1 tab for greys, 1 for light blues etc because that would be too much but I think 2 tabs (maybe 3?) total for PM: greys & colours in one tab, and then the second tab would be Fans + Mods.
Different colours for the 2 tabs too, will make it even better.

I just think it could/would be a great feature and there is enough room to do it.

Upvote 0
Maybe give models the option to show in public chat if they silence/ban a user..
I mean, it can be off putting if a user sees a model just randomly silence or ban because they could be abused in PM but we/they don't see that.. and why does everyone else need to see if someone else is kicked or silenced anyway? If the model wishes for the room to know, she/he will speak or type it..

Upvote 0
I would like to offer a "refund" / "revert token acceptance" option for a model.

I wish CB had an option to refund a tipper or revert the tip action.
I had so many times I wanted to refund/return a viewer his tipping tokens, either because he brought a ticket which
the show ended, or he lushed big sum when my Lush was faulty or even just a request which I was not will to do in big Sum of tip note.
there are so many reasons why such is needed in order maintain integrity and honesty or even just good deed and good customer service to our viewers.

I had those situations so many times which I just wanted to refund the viewer (revert his token tipping action) , but we don't have a simple easy way on doing so.

the way I thought of implementing such feature, is by: under the Token Status page, where you can see and view your
entire token flow you can see the user that actually tip you on each token / tip line

e.g.
Date |Action |Tokens |Token Balance
Sept. 30, 2018, 9:01 a.m. Tip from (Some Username) 200 9846

1. make the username at that tip line / transaction in the status report clickable with a drop down list of actions
(today just redirects you to the user's profile)
2. once clicked on, in the drop-down menu, add an option "revert Inbound Tip" , "recall Tip" or something like this. also you can add another option in the drop-down menu "custom Tip recall", and allow teh model to enter the amount to refund the user from the total amount of that Tip.
e.g. in the example above I got a 200 Tip, I could either refund the tipper the full amount by selecting "recall Tip" / "revert inbound Tip" or i can select another option in the menu (right under the revert tip option),
"select custom recall amount" and that will allow me to enter the amount i want to refund up to 200 tokens (per the Tip transaction...

that way we can recall the tip action on his behalf

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.