AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Suggestions For Chaturbate - Add Yours

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
I thought it could be a potentially good thing if we all gave our suggestions for improvement for Chaturbate to make the place better.
Over the time I have been there, I have made multiple but emailing suggestions seems pointless. I know this probably will be too but at least then we can also see what others come up with and if we agree, disagree and can improve even further on THAT idea too.

Here are a few of mine:
1) Have a 2 different types of Moderators: 1 would be as it is now and can just silence people, but then have another with a few more abilities. One of the other abilities could be to kick/ban for the model and then a few more things (not sure what?) Of course this 2 Elite Mod would be someone the model absolutely 100% trusts.
(I understand some people don't like mods to begin with, but lets keep this as suggestions not a way to debate or derail.)
2) I posted this one recently in the CB Discussion: Allow models to disable the option for PREMIUM, Mods and Fan Club members from initiating a Private Message. Have multiple options so specific groups can't do it, or have a global one to turn it off completely.

My brain has gone very dead, I can't remember any other's that I have thought of and sent previously,
What would you like to see implemented? Try not to make this all about better connection issues either.

So apparently the comment option was enabled when you leave a rating. But my members say it doesn’t appear or work all the time. Maybe still in the testing phase?

They need to be on the "new" page. It's there for everyone, or should be:
Below is the Default + New: Top image is Default. If they click "the blue link there it will refresh their screen and then they should see the bottom image - notice in the bottom right now, they can "return to old player". Hope that helps

cbplayers.png

Reactions: Natalie_Lavender
Upvote 0
They need to be on the "new" page. It's there for everyone, or should be:
Below is the Default + New: Top image is Default. If they click "the blue link there it will refresh their screen and then they should see the bottom image - notice in the bottom right now, they can "return to old player". Hope that helps

View attachment 80460
That explains it then. The member who said it doesn’t appear all the time, flips back and forth between the old & beta versions. He doesn’t like the new, so doesn’t goes on it very often.

Upvote 0
That explains it then. The member who said it doesn’t appear all the time, flips back and forth between the old & beta versions. He doesn’t like the new, so doesn’t goes on it very often.

If he/you (people) only click it the one time and do not click any of the additional options afterwards (Fullscreen + Interactive) then the player is literally the same, I think. I don't see any difference. There used to be a difference, the player bottom bar was transparent, but now it's the same as the default player again (grey gradient bar). So, as long as he doesn't click those 2 options in the bottom of those 2 images I posted, he should have no issue in it being different.

Upvote 0
Thank you! Is that feature new? I had not been mod for maybe five months.

Entry and Leaving notifications have been on CB for at least since November 2016 - when I was first mod.
Also if you don't know already, something that may be helpful: if you're in a room that has a lot of automated messages (tip menu, lovense settings etc etc) and you need to silence someone but the automatic messages and/or people are typing, just scroll up slightly in the chat, then it will stop moving - that for me was a life saver because sometimes as stuff is scrolling, I am trying to click one person's name but I end up clicking another lol

Upvote 0
Entry and Leaving notifications have been on CB for at least since November 2016 - when I was first mod.

In that case I am sorry for my post. I should have caught this.

Also if you don't know already, something that may be helpful: if you're in a room that has a lot of automated messages (tip menu, lovense settings etc etc) and you need to silence someone but the automatic messages and/or people are typing, just scroll up slightly in the chat, then it will stop moving - that for me was a life saver because sometimes as stuff is scrolling, I am trying to click one person's name but I end up clicking another lol

Yes, I did figure this one out already. It's really the only way to survive when the traffic gets out of hand.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
I'd love to see something like Manyvids' Earnings page. What months, days, or even times do I earn the most tokens? Am I trending up or down from last month (especially useful if trying out a new strategy!)?

Edit: a ranking system like MFC has would also be pretty awesome, with or without prizes. I know there's a ranking for who's the most popular this hour but I'd love to see a monthly ranking and encourage my fans to get competitive.

Reactions: Mila_ and NotYou
Upvote 0
The way that they filter private shows makes no sense and I'm surprised they've never changed it, like does no one see the flaw here?

zaB18T3.png

If someone is willing to pay 18 tokens/minute for a private show, chances are they will also accept 12 and 6, yet there is no way to view all 3 groups together. Wouldn't it make more sense to set a filter like "don't show privates over X tokens per minute"?

The second issue is they need to list the price for the private shows without having to click "start private show". I have clicked that button literally thousands of times just to see the price and sometimes I accidentally click "Ok" instead of "Cancel" and now i'm locked into a 10 minute show all because I hit a button by accident.

Of course the second issue would not be an issue at all if they corrected the first.

Upvote 0
The second issue is they need to list the price for the private shows without having to click "start private show". I have clicked that button literally thousands of times just to see the price and sometimes I accidentally click "Ok" instead of "Cancel" and now i'm locked into a 10 minute show all because I hit a button by accident.
This is my biggest annoyance on CB. I also have clicked "Start Private Show/Cancel" thousands of times over the years. A couple of times I've hit the OK button but it looks like you're OK if you get out of the room before the model accepts.

Reactions: Hybrid
Upvote 0
This is my biggest annoyance on CB. I also have clicked "Start Private Show/Cancel" thousands of times over the years. A couple of times I've hit the OK button but it looks like you're OK if you get out of the room before the model accepts.

What makes this worse is the fact depending on what player you're on, the Ok and Cancel are in different places.
On the default player, Ok is to the left and cancel is on the right.
If you try the beta player where people can leave feedback/comments for the model, it's the opposite way around. So you can easily accidentally just naturally click the left button thinking you're on the other page and vice versa.

Reactions: Hybrid
Upvote 0
A couple of times I've hit the OK button but it looks like you're OK if you get out of the room before the model accepts.

I'm noticing more models have some sort of script that automatically accepts the request instantly, so if you hit "OK" by accident you're screwed.

• Wat?!
Reactions: rstanton
Upvote 0
What makes this worse is the fact depending on what player you're on, the Ok and Cancel are in different places.
On the default player, Ok is to the left and cancel is on the right.
I have to admit that I haven't been able to figure out how to start a private in the beta player. It must be so obvious that I can't see it. :grumpy:

Upvote 0
I have to admit that I haven't been able to figure out how to start a private in the beta player. It must be so obvious that I can't see it. :grumpy:

Theer are 4 modes technically. The very default mode. Then their new beta player, and once you have selected that one, it shows two more: Theater Mode + Interactive Mode.
The latter two, are the ones I think you'r thinking of? In which case I never use those because I hated the look/feel of them but I did just look again and you're right, there is no Start Private option (and yes, I made sure I was in a room where the model has Private activated). I love how they have "More Rooms" there as an option on both screens, but no Start Private/Group lol.

@punker barbie - suggestion for you guys haha

Edit: See my image at the very top of this page (Page 8) that I showed for the 2 default modes.

Reactions: rstanton
Upvote 0
Theer are 4 modes technically. The very default mode. Then their new beta player, and once you have selected that one, it shows two more: Theater Mode + Interactive Mode.
The latter two, are the ones I think you're thinking of?
Yes, I see how this mess works now. The Beta player in "Default Mode" looks, well, just like the "old player" as far as I can tell but does in fact have the OK/Cancel button backwards when you hit the Start Private Show link. Why I would use this Beta player in Default Mode instead of the "old player" is beyond me since I can't tell any difference.

The Theater and Interactive modes in the Beta player are the ones that don't have the Start Private Show link anywhere. They are also missing stuff like the hash tag text and the Report Abuse link.

In which case I never use those because I hated the look/feel of them but I did just look again and you're right, there is no Start Private option (and yes, I made sure I was in a room where the model has Private activated).

Good news that I'm not blind. I took the quick survey (the "share your thoughts link") on the Beta player and I told them, "No way to start a private". That was a month or two ago and since nothing has changed I figured I just didn't have the smarts to figure out where they put the new Start Private Show link. Afterall, they've only been working on this Beta for a year. Or has it been two?

Upvote 0
I really really think Chaturbate need to make greys activate their account by verifying their email in order to chat.
This should help stop all those scam bots - surely?
Please Chaturbate, do this

Upvote 0
I really really think Chaturbate need to make greys activate their account by verifying their email in order to chat.
This should help stop all those scam bots - surely?
Please Chaturbate, do this

Some broadcasters who allow grey users are using this to curb spam bots
It forces grey users to type in a # before they are allowed to chat.

Upvote 0
Some broadcasters who allow grey users are using this to curb spam bots
It forces grey users to type in a # before they are allowed to chat.

Thanks.. I will give this a link to some models who seem to get a hell of a lot of these greys, so their mods are constantly there silencing, but then even when that is done, if you refresh or someone comes into the room after the silence, the message(s) still show..

Also, whilst this is good, when the creators see this being used, they will simply program that into the start of stuff.. I would assume.
There are a few other good (or half decent) filters for greys too, but you constantly have to update them or the devs (of the bot) do it, and it's painstaking to do.

Upvote 0
Newbie to this forum, long-time CB member wonders if this is the correct thread in which to air my suggestion (mostly a complaint).... For years, my biggest beef with CB is it's "View models by geographic location" feature. Generally, I have my preference set to view only models in North America. Yet, always in the results are those from Europe, South America, et al. I don't want to see them! Why does this happen?

Secondary (related?) complaint. Why doesn't CB require models to post their correct location? No, not their address, city and state. But at least their country/continent. I truly don't want models showing up in my search results who live in "Narnia."

/end newbie rant. For now.

Upvote 0
- When uploading an animated gif.. a preview of said gif before uploading (finalizing) to a permanent name
- This way you can know if it will work in chat or not

To sum it up. To be sure you did not screw up an animated gif by having the wrong dimensions :haha:
and if you did screw up said gif, being able to delete the gif and try again.

oh..... and being able to shut PM's off on the broadcaster side. I'll keep dreaming and posting of this to happen.

Reactions: Smores
Upvote 0
- When uploading an animated gif.. a preview of said gif before uploading (finalizing) to a permanent name
- This way you can know if it will work in chat or not

To sum it up. To be sure you did not screw up an animated gif by having the wrong dimensions :haha:
and if you did screw up said gif, being able to delete the gif and try again.

oh..... and being able to shut PM's off on the broadcaster side. I'll keep dreaming and posting of this to happen.

When uploading your own image or GIF, so long as you stick to the 2 rules, they will always work: 1) 250x80px (W x H), and 2) Under 1mb. So long as both are met, the image will always display fine. If you go above the 250x80px even by 1px, it won't work, and the same goes for the file size limit too (1kb over).

Would be nice though if there was some kind of "Gallery" where you can see all of your uploaded images. Maybe edit their names and delete.

fullscreen mode with chat

I thought "Interactive Full Screen" had chat. Is this not what you are looking for?
Below chat, be sure to click on the "new beta" link, then it gives 2 more options under the video: "Check out the new Theater Mode player| Interactive Full Screen "

Upvote 0
When uploading your own image or GIF, so long as you stick to the 2 rules, they will always work: 1) 250x80px (W x H), and 2) Under 1mb.

the 250x80px I know. But sometimes a person unintentionally uploads a mis-sized gif. It would be nice to be able to delete otherwise, such as at least having a 30min window where you can do so.
CB increased file size to 2mb now. I try to keep it under 1.96mb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
the 250x80px I know. But sometimes a person unintentionally uploads a mis-sized gif. It would be nice to be able to delete otherwise, such as at least having a 30min window where you can do so.
CB increased file size to 2mb now. I try to keep it under 1.96mb.

That's interesting and great if it has been increased to 2mb but I can't find where it mentions so. I an only find the old 1mb: https://support.chaturbate.com/customer/portal/articles/2744564
Is it something you read somewhere or have you done it yourself? I know you can upload larger than 1mb, but it wouldn't show - if animated.

Upvote 0
That's interesting and great if it has been increased to 2mb but I can't find where it mentions so.....

I discovered the 2mb file size by random chance about 5 months ago. Glad it was increased. I found the 1mb size very limiting, especially when trying to create good quality animated room gifs.

• Helpful!
Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
I discovered the 2mb file size by random chance about 5 months ago. Glad it was increased. I found the 1mb size very limiting, especially when trying to create good quality animated room gifs.

Well this will be very useful for me too, so thank you.
I agree with being limited. 1mb can be challenging. A lot of times I would go to 1.4mb, then would have to cut out piece by piece to narrow it down. So this will be fantastic. Will try it soon :D

Upvote 0
btw, a playground to avoid to post 100 times the same pic in different formats would be nice :)
Or better : add a simple property assuming that the posted emoticon belongs to the poster and the poster can update it many times

Upvote 0
Also a good deal of "new" cams are just people who have been on the site for years but create new usernames every few months, so it really renders the category useless. It would be helpful to have a category for people who are legitimately new to joining the site.

Upvote 0
Also a good deal of "new" cams are just people who have been on the site for years but create new usernames every few months, so it really renders the category useless. It would be helpful to have a category for people who are legitimately new to joining the site.

I kinda agree. It's really nice that cb allows broadcasters to start over but there are girls and especially studios that just do it too much.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.