AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Suggestions For Chaturbate - Add Yours

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
I thought it could be a potentially good thing if we all gave our suggestions for improvement for Chaturbate to make the place better.
Over the time I have been there, I have made multiple but emailing suggestions seems pointless. I know this probably will be too but at least then we can also see what others come up with and if we agree, disagree and can improve even further on THAT idea too.

Here are a few of mine:
1) Have a 2 different types of Moderators: 1 would be as it is now and can just silence people, but then have another with a few more abilities. One of the other abilities could be to kick/ban for the model and then a few more things (not sure what?) Of course this 2 Elite Mod would be someone the model absolutely 100% trusts.
(I understand some people don't like mods to begin with, but lets keep this as suggestions not a way to debate or derail.)
2) I posted this one recently in the CB Discussion: Allow models to disable the option for PREMIUM, Mods and Fan Club members from initiating a Private Message. Have multiple options so specific groups can't do it, or have a global one to turn it off completely.

My brain has gone very dead, I can't remember any other's that I have thought of and sent previously,
What would you like to see implemented? Try not to make this all about better connection issues either.

I have a big one. Right now if you block an area, it doesn’t hide your cam from that area, it just makes it so when they click on your room the page says “model has blocked your area.” Basically advertising to them that you live near them. I had to unblock my state because people kept messaging me when they saw I had their state blocked, all excited that I lived near them -.-

Upvote 0

This will probable be in OBS some day
vktnsp26hnm6r5efaum5.png

If that’s ever put into OBS I have a feeling the number of guys who use cam sites will triple 😂

Upvote 0
I have a big one. Right now if you block an area, it doesn’t hide your cam from that area, it just makes it so when they click on your room the page says “model has blocked your area.” Basically advertising to them that you live near them. I had to unblock my state because people kept messaging me when they saw I had their state blocked, all excited that I lived near them -.-

That's a pain for customer too, because it makes the room list a minefield of 'dead' rooms.

Reactions: AvaCharlotte
Upvote 0
Edit: He actually didn't write it himself. Here's what he uses: https://openuserjs.org/scripts/tblopgreg/Chaturbate_Easy_Tipping_Fixed_Version

"Thats the script, The user will have to have tampermonkey addon/extension installed in their browser.. And this script imported to it. It provides a new button next to the Send Tip button called the Mad Tipper. It has all the options requested in the post above."

Love love love tampermonkey and this script meets the requirement. Thank you for sharing!

Does your friend know how to contact the developer? He has one problem in that he forgot to authorize the CB testbed system, which unfortunately recently had a domain change to testbed.cb.dev. Fortunately, tampermonkey has a workaround for that, and you could probably make the argument that if the user is smart enough to be using the testbed they probably should configure the test domain manually outside the script.

Upvote 0
Edit: He actually didn't write it himself. Here's what he uses: https://openuserjs.org/scripts/tblopgreg/Chaturbate_Easy_Tipping_Fixed_Version

"Thats the script, The user will have to have tampermonkey addon/extension installed in their browser.. And this script imported to it. It provides a new button next to the Send Tip button called the Mad Tipper. It has all the options requested in the post above."

I did find a bug. The script only works with the original default CB page. If you select any of the alternate modes - the "new Chaturbate player page (beta)" - including the default mode of the new player that looks exactly like the original default page, the "Mad Tipper" button never displays.

If you have a way to get the developer's contact info I am fine with reporting it to him directly.

Upvote 0
Probably CB will never do it, but it would be nice if there were quality control on the use of hashtags. Currently, hashtags are so badly mis-used that they serve very little purpose as a way to locate a model using a particular preference. I think the most obvious example of this is the #ohmibod hashtag. Ohmibod vibrators are a totally different brand than Lovense. The Ohmibod vibrator model that most closely compares to a Lovense Lush is the Ohmibod Esca 2. Today I scanned models using #ohmibod hashtag, and out of 400 rooms with that hashtag, I could only see one model using an Esca. At least 50% of the models using this hashtag were using Lovense vibrators. It would be nice if CB had someone auditing hashtags and informing models that they cannot mis-use hashtags like this. What is the point of having an #ohmibod hashtag when only one model in 400 has a visible dark purple Esca vibrator in use?

Upvote 0
Since a lot of models don't have the money or know-how to do this, I think it'd be great if CB could INCREASE the number of apps and bots each model can use.
At least double it, instead of them having try to rely on finding another one that someone else bought that does the specific things they need, or they have to fork out a fortune to get someone to do it etc.

I understand when bots and apps were first introduced there was not many, so 1+3 slots available was "enough", but with there being SO many now, and so many useful ones for models, I think at least 2 apps and 6 bots would be really great and beneficial for so many models.

• Hugs
Reactions: Smores
Upvote 0
There about 15 different versions of "all in one" apps that aren't personalized for a specific model and many bots act just like apps.

I would like to see the app/bot list culled of all the apps people created that never get used by anyone. If it's a year old with no token score, dead list it and remove it from the already very confusing list.

Upvote 0
There about 15 different versions of "all in one" apps that aren't personalized for a specific model and many bots act just like apps.

I would like to see the app/bot list culled of all the apps people created that never get used by anyone. If it's a year old with no token score, dead list it and remove it from the already very confusing list.

Or at the least put those in some kind of archived/bin category/section so they can still be seen, used or referenced.

Upvote 0
How about some "extra thumb up" options?
Right now the only Thumb Up is for anyone who has tipped 25 tokens or more, everyone gets the same option for that.

What if there are multiple, all depending on the amount you tip - and you can only vote on one, so for example:

Tip 25 - 99 = Regular Thumb Up
Tip 100 - 249 = SUper Thumb Up
Tip 250 - 999 = Mega Thumb Up
Tip 1000+ = Platinum Thumb Up

Names/categories I said suck but you know, some better name choices and it could be great.

SO if you tip 1000 tokens, you can then vote on any one of those 4 thumbs up, you can't thumb up all 4.

I'd love to know what you models would think of a system like that Do you think it COULD or would be good, or just downright bad?
It was just a quick thought after jokingly saying to a model I took pvt just now, I gave you a huge thumbs up.

Upvote 0
The rating system is trash and I've objected to it from the very beginning. There is no good way to do this as anyone can vote down for any reason they choose. I've never seen or heard of a single user who uses the rating system to influence their tipping habits. I don't hide my score but I'm very suspicious of rooms that do. How many thumbs down are you hiding?

Upvote 0
This may seem "daft" but I think it's a legitimate suggestion and could be useful for so many models who don't like to be mean or seem rude to viewers. You know the genuine "don't want to offend anyone" kind of people (I am not a model but I used to be like this for a long time on CB if I was made mod so I understand the perspective a little).

Have it so when you BAN/KICK or SILENCE someone from your room, it does it SILENTLY/INVISIBLE.
I am unsure exactly WHY it announces it for the whole room to see anyway, what is the purpose, to try scare people? It doesn't work if so.
A lot of models become thick-skinned but there are still so many that truly don't want to come across as being mean, harsh or rude etc so they are too worried and nervous about silencing and kicking people from their room. I think their anxiety and worries for this would drop signifcantly if they knew the whole room wouldn't see the message "broadcaster kicked/silenced name".

Upvote 0
This may seem "daft" but I think it's a legitimate suggestion and could be useful for so many models who don't like to be mean or seem rude to viewers. You know the genuine "don't want to offend anyone" kind of people (I am not a model but I used to be like this for a long time on CB if I was made mod so I understand the perspective a little).

Have it so when you BAN/KICK or SILENCE someone from your room, it does it SILENTLY/INVISIBLE.
I am unsure exactly WHY it announces it for the whole room to see anyway, what is the purpose, to try scare people? It doesn't work if so.
A lot of models become thick-skinned but there are still so many that truly don't want to come across as being mean, harsh or rude etc so they are too worried and nervous about silencing and kicking people from their room. I think their anxiety and worries for this would drop signifcantly if they knew the whole room wouldn't see the message "broadcaster kicked/silenced name".

Haha. No kidding. I was kicked from a room a few weeks back after being a long time member because one of the mods has a hate on for me and threatened to 'leave' the broadcaster if I kept showing up. So the broadcaster kicks me in order the shut the mod up. The broadcaster messaged me later saying it was nothing that I did, they just got super pissed off at he mods constant PMs during broadcast.
So now everyone that seen me get kicked thinks I did something serious in order to get room banned and is treating me like some super villain. :D :D :D

ahh.... Cam Room drama.

• Wat?!
Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Haha. No kidding. I was kicked from a room a few weeks back after being a long time member because one of the mods has a hate on for me and threatened to 'leave' the broadcaster if I kept showing up. So the broadcaster kicks me in order the shut the mod up. The broadcaster messaged me later saying it was nothing that I did, they just got super pissed off at he mods constant PMs during broadcast.
So now everyone that seen me get kicked thinks I did something serious in order to get room banned and is treating me like some super villain. :D :D :D

ahh.... Cam Room drama.

To be fair I didn't even think of it from this/our (viewer) perspective. I too have had silly silences and bans. One where just because I didn't speak or tip within the first 2 mins of being in a room (my first time + getting a feel and reading bots and bio), I was silenced from a mod. I mean, wtf. I didn't say anything or do anything, and got silenced. Yet they were allowing/ignoring all greys t be rude, demand etc. But anyway lol.

I truly do believe it would be beneficial to the models, and now as well for the viewers too - so an all arounder suggestion.

Upvote 0

🤔 I agree with what you are saying but at the same time I do not want to tip an overly sensitive model thats just going to silently kick me out some day at the slightest annoyance. If i'm dealing with a model like that i'd like to see it.

Upvote 0
🤔 I agree with what you are saying but at the same time I do not want to tip an overly sensitive model thats just going to silently kick me out some day at the slightest annoyance. If i'm dealing with a model like that i'd like to see it.

Oh my intention for this idea was it's presumably let the ban-ee/silence-ee see the message but not everyone else in the room.
SO if the model banned or silenced you, YOU and the model would both see the "NAME was banned by MODEL". The reason I think that needs to be like it, from their perspective is so it has some kind of confirmation that it as worked. But to announce a ban or silence to the whole room is very unneeded in my opinion.

Reactions: Beawaresweety
Upvote 0
Silencing has never to be considered as a punishment, it's a way to inform clearly to your room your rules and avoid a viewer to bother others nor show a bad example to behave.
"a way to scare"... yes, indeed. And that's fair and works fine (did you even enter in a room with no moderation at all ? It's a real mess ^^^)

Silently ban or silence is completely useless in my mind.
But this can be done though by entering directly the user's name in the banned list or ? (using "View/Edit Bans and Silences")

Upvote 0

Just curious if your viewer who recommended the tampermonkey script has noticed that it breaks under the new Chrome version 78? Does he have a workaround?

Upvote 0
Just curious if your viewer who recommended the tampermonkey script has noticed that it breaks under the new Chrome version 78? Does he have a workaround?

So long as I switch back to "legacy page" (bottom right of chat), it works fine or me in the new updated Chrome

Upvote 0
More intergration with obs would be nice....considering cb was one of the first sites to allow you to broadcast from obs they have definitely fallen behind everyone else in terms of intergating notifications and chat

Upvote 0
So long as I switch back to "legacy page" (bottom right of chat), it works fine or me in the new updated Chrome

Confirmed. And thanks for confirming that the new site behavior (defaulting to the new CB player page) breaks the script.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@punker barbie could you be kind enough to ask if there are any plans to add more features to the Premium subscription?
Two main ones I'd really love and I think many guys would, is to be invisible to other users and tipping anonymously.

I like to perv on women but I see the same guys in rooms and I'd like to just be invisible from them and only have the model see me and my messages if I choose to turn this option on; the same for tipping.
I know MANY other sites have these options and it's clearly something people want. Please, can you ask if these or any other features for premium will be added?

Much appreciated.

Upvote 0
Here is a feature that would make a premium membership more worth having: give us a dedicated support e-mail that you guarantee will get a response within an hour. The viewers who would pay for premium are usually some of your best customers, and a significant percentage of them watch for bad things happening on the site and report them. But there is not much incentive to report time-sensitive problems when your support people routinely take more than 24 hours to reply.

One clear example of a situation that would benefit from faster support: Someone hijacks a model's account and is putting up a Javascript trap to try to lure members to another website (usually one with viruses). Other examples:

* I remember once a favorite model had a guy issuing clear death threats against her. Acting quickly against some viewer who goes way over the line would send a good message to other viewers.

* Another example was a hacker got into a room and had dozens of pre-created accounts. He kept getting banned and then immediately re-entering with another fake account.

* I occasionally find models who are just running a video loop, and there is not actually a real model there.

Reactions: dark_mermaid
Upvote 0
I just noticed : View attachment 82597 (so you can see enter grey, if need)
I think that it was suggested here, just to signal that they seem to read this :)

I honestly don't understand why someone would want to see ALL registered users enter and/or leave.
I know a lot of models may have regular greys that are nice and talk etc politely and they like them there BUT they will see them enter when they talk if that is the case. This is just going to flood the model's chat page with even more nonsense, making them miss messages from people.

Maybe some extra sort options would be god and more beneficial though. Sort by: last time people purchased tokens for an example. I have known of guys (they say at least) they have been sat on 100 tokens or whatever for weeks or months. So sorting by token count may put them higher up, but they are in no hurry to be spending as they sat on those for a long time.

Here is a feature that would make a premium membership more worth having: give us a dedicated support e-mail that you guarantee will get a response within an hour. The viewers who would pay for premium are usually some of your best customers, and a significant percentage of them watch for bad things happening on the site and report them. But there is not much incentive to report time-sensitive problems when your support people routinely take more than 24 hours to reply.

One clear example of a situation that would benefit from faster support: Someone hijacks a model's account and is putting up a Javascript trap to try to lure members to another website (usually one with viruses). Other examples:

* I remember once a favorite model had a guy issuing clear death threats against her. Acting quickly against some viewer who goes way over the line would send a good message to other viewers.

* Another example was a hacker got into a room and had dozens of pre-created accounts. He kept getting banned and then immediately re-entering with another fake account.

* I occasionally find models who are just running a video loop, and there is not actually a real model there.

I really do agree with you on this but I don't see it happening, purely because it seems/feels like they have limited employees as it is (maybe someone has a number of how many work at CB?).
But a "live chat" kind of option would be great to have placed somewhere for premium users only, and maybe even another one for MODELS (so don't put them in the same boat, even if they are maybe reporting the same thing - although that may get confusing, so giving the model + premium the same live chat might be best).

That example for the guy with multiple accounts, it isn't anything to do with hacking though. Your IP is never banned on CB it seems. I know it will ban OTHER accounts, but from what I have experienced/witnessed, it seems to be IF you have verified the same email for each account you're using. So if I am going to annoy a model and troll her, Account 1 gets banned but I simply create another account using a FAKE email, which obviously I won't verify because I don't care... that also gets banned, and I rinse and repeat. There does need to be an "IP Ban" option, maybe added as an extra option. However, obviously that too can be countered with VPN (and there are plenty of free ones, Opera having a builtin one, for example).

Upvote 0
Maybe some extra sort options would be god and more beneficial though. Sort by: last time people purchased tokens for an example. I have known of guys (they say at least) they have been sat on 100 tokens or whatever for weeks or months. So sorting by token count may put them higher up, but they are in no hurry to be spending as they sat on those for a long time.

I don't like the idea of the user list being sorted by how much tokens you have to begin with. Let alone wanting it to be sorted by how frequent someone purchases tokens.
To me it says.... Oh, I'm going to give you attention based on how much money you have in your wallet.

Myself, I purposely have a low amount of tokens banked. If I like the broadcaster, I will purchase tokens then and there and tip accordingly :)

Upvote 0
Just bumping this up because I see Chaturbate has added a little notification icon in the top right of the username, for "updates" and it seems they are planning to be active and add new features.
Click this icon it shows the latest Twitter update for features and has a surveymonkey option to suggest things. I have sent a "little start" (I have placed the message below):

More PREMIUM features. Your competitors are way ahead of you with these and offer a LOT of amazing things, which some would be really great to have on Chaturbate. Some that I think would be fantastic and would make people buy the premium more are: 1) Invisible Mode. Allow use to be invisible on the user list to OTHER MEMBERS - models would still see us. 2) Let us send a tip ANONYMOUSLY. So many arguments are caused from models seeing "their" users tip other models. 3) When we IGNORE someone, also give us the option to not allow them to see our messages. Right now, the ignore feature only works so if I ignore them, I do not see the messages from me but I still see their messages. 4) New message notification: this can be both a sound and number in the tab. They can be 2 different options. On one site when there is a new message, it flashes as (1) in the tab in my browser, that would be fantastic. 5) Timestamp messages so we can see when the messages were sent. 6) Offline PM system so we can contact our models when they are offline. This way it also stops guys trying to exploit models by trying to get their social media, skype and phone number. 7) Allow us to gain free access to model's photos and videos. And some regular features to add for normal members and mode: A) Add an extra option which will allow models/broadcasters to have the option to ONLY ALLOW users to chat if they have verified their email. This can prevent a lot of trolls. B) Give the model the ability to assign people with MORE powers as moderator. Maybe have a couple of different moderator options. "Moderator" can only silence, but "Super moderator" can silence and BAN. C) Better sound for when two people do cam 2 cam. I am unsure how something like Skype does it, but obviously they can have it so you both have your volume high but there is no feedback of each others voices/backgrounds. Noise cancelation, somehow. D) More slots for Apps and Bots. Why the limitation to 1 + 3? Maybe double both, models already find it difficult and stressful. E) Allow us to organize/sort our FOLLOWED models (ones in our follow tab section). Allow us to move them into GROUPS (I may want to put Brunette in one group, Redhead in another). F) Allow models to have different tier FAN club membership. For example £9.99 per month could be basic, £19.99 a month could then give them FREE spying to that model's private shows. G) Allow us to set a PASSWORD GALLERY. We have the option to make galleries for everyone to see, fanclub users or for tokens.. but give us an option where the person needs a password, instead of us having to password our entire room/page. H) When someone followers you, place them in the order. So the latest follower would be on the last page. And make it show how many ages of followers you have - right now it only shows 1 page number at a time. I) Allow us to purchase a model's fan club with TOKENS that we already have. Maybe I just bought 1000 tokens and have no more money but find a model I want to join her fanclub, it says $10 a month or 200 tokens per month. I can now afford it and tip her 200 tokens.

Reactions: dark_mermaid
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.