AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Suggestions For Chaturbate - Add Yours

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
I thought it could be a potentially good thing if we all gave our suggestions for improvement for Chaturbate to make the place better.
Over the time I have been there, I have made multiple but emailing suggestions seems pointless. I know this probably will be too but at least then we can also see what others come up with and if we agree, disagree and can improve even further on THAT idea too.

Here are a few of mine:
1) Have a 2 different types of Moderators: 1 would be as it is now and can just silence people, but then have another with a few more abilities. One of the other abilities could be to kick/ban for the model and then a few more things (not sure what?) Of course this 2 Elite Mod would be someone the model absolutely 100% trusts.
(I understand some people don't like mods to begin with, but lets keep this as suggestions not a way to debate or derail.)
2) I posted this one recently in the CB Discussion: Allow models to disable the option for PREMIUM, Mods and Fan Club members from initiating a Private Message. Have multiple options so specific groups can't do it, or have a global one to turn it off completely.

My brain has gone very dead, I can't remember any other's that I have thought of and sent previously,
What would you like to see implemented? Try not to make this all about better connection issues either.

Sorry that you feel like it's such a problem, this definitely was not my intention.
It truly was for only 2 reason - 1) For my own sake, to see if I was overlooking anything and this is a new feature hopefully to be added, and 2) To show you all as it has never been mentioned before by anyone, and I also wanted to get second/third/fourth opinions (again, also to see if I had overlooked something stupid and it isn't an anonymous/invisible feature coming).

I am not just offering it to every Tom, Dick & Harry - I have offered it to you ladies/gents here that are regulars and also offered to share via PM, so not just anyone who views will see the link. Maybe that doesn't make it better but I feel like I haven't been bad, as my intentions were not at all bad. It was meant for learning purposes only (hence the entire video (raw and edited) is no more than 1:30 seconds (edited is 1:21). Obviously I was not doing it to show off or showcase the model, otherwise, I would not have blurred her entire part.

If @AmberCutie thinks I was wrong and should not offer it for other's views/opinions regarding it, then I will definitely leave it at that and won't share it. Or if she would like to see the clip to make a decision, then she can also let me know.

Either way, I do apologize if it has annoyed anyone. It was just meant to *hopefully* showcase a potential upcoming new feature.
I don't need to see it to confirm I don't think it's an issue.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
I'd like to be able to use my tokens to get my hands on some CB branded shirts like the convention models have.

CB used to have a store to buy all kinds of things from but I am not sure what happened to it. One day it was there and the next, completely removed from the navigation menu. One can only assume it was due to lack of interest.

The official link was/is: https://shop.chaturbate.com/
But that redirects back to the main page (kind of) - with a lot of missing CSS and other elements.

Upvote 0
CB used to have a store to buy all kinds of things from but I am not sure what happened to it. One day it was there and the next, completely removed from the navigation menu. One can only assume it was due to lack of interest.

The official link was/is: https://shop.chaturbate.com/
But that redirects back to the main page (kind of) - with a lot of missing CSS and other elements.

I emailed support about it a few months ago and they just said "nope not right now."

Upvote 0
If models can be banned permanently ban customers who multiple usernames, instead block their IP Address.

1577523979426.png
I'm pretty sure that this is already done, having only 4 viewers permanently banned for now.

Reactions: Guerillagurl1995
Upvote 0
If models can be banned permanently ban customers who multiple usernames, instead block their IP Address.

I'm sure this is done already but in a world of proxy servers and vpns getting a new ip address is no magic. In some countries for privacy law reasons, internet users get a new ip address whenever they connect to the net.

Reactions: Guerillagurl1995
Upvote 0
Brett , you recorded part of a models live broadcast? Blurred model image or not that is so not cool. And almost all cam models post DO NOT RECORD across their stream or in bio. Plus its against CB TOS. No cam girl ever wants any of the broadcast recorded for whatever reason.
Oh come on. This is clearly not a recording for commercial use.

Personally I'm not sooo interested in seeing it though. If it's a feature I'll see it when I see it.
If models were ok with recoding why do most have do not record across the broadcast? Recordings are ok if done for personal use? Please never visit my chat room

Upvote 0
Do it for coaching all the time.

You can't guarantee that, everyones different. Found out recently that a technician that was repairing a models computer was snooping through her private images and videos which I was pretty pissed about but she thought it was hilarious and wanted to know how much time he spent looking through them 🤦‍♂️
You record web cam models for coaching all the time. Wow. It’s more rampant then I thought. Guess no matter what model protection you have or what is written across your broadcast their will be users who violate your rules.

Upvote 0
If models were ok with recoding why do most have do not record across the broadcast? Recordings are ok if done for personal use? Please never visit my chat room

Question for you:

Do you own, or have ever used, a VCR, DVR, CDR/W or use video or audio technology to record any portion of a TV or radio show, or song from over the air broadcasts? Ever see TV, or hear radio, shows give the same warnings of do not record/distribute? The same, more or less, applies to if an individual records a stream on the internet.

There are regulations on the use of these recordings. For example, if it's meant for personal use only, with no intention of distribution for revenue or the loss of large revenue, then it's acceptable and legal as it falls under fair use. If said recording is used for not-for-profit instruction, such as in a classroom setting or individual coaching, then this is generally acceptable and falls under certain legal use according to the Copyright act (again, there are restriction on how it is used as well).

I am by no means condoning, or in support of, sites that record cam models and distribute them whether free or for a price. There is a clear difference between the two.

Reactions: DJ_Pioneer
Upvote 0

This is what you're not completely understanding. WHilst I *did* record the model (she was in frame) I didn't make the recording FOR the purpose of viewing the model.
HAd I used a script or program that allows me to crop the resolution before recording, set it so it ONLY records the Chat, would that have been acceptable? Since that is the only thing I was needing.

Upvote 0
What I would like to see with CB... The ability to turn off PM's. A hope and a dream that I would like to see done :)

I thought that was a possiblity now? I thought models can set it where no PM's unless tip for it to allow it, or clubs/membership benefits?

Same with rooms where people with no tokens are unable to talk in the room.

It's been a while since I've been on CB, so just going off memory from at least a year or two ago

Upvote 0
I thought that was a possiblity now? I thought models can set it where no PM's unless tip for it to allow it, or clubs/membership benefits?

Same with rooms where people with no tokens are unable to talk in the room.

It's been a while since I've been on CB, so just going off memory from at least a year or two ago

If you purchase the premium option for $20 per month, you can initiate a PM to ANY model you want.
It's then up to the model to enforce any room rules regarding requiring a token amount for said PM.
If a grey or colour do not have the premium option purchased, they can NOT send the first PM to the model; they can only send a PM if the Model initiates it.
Moderators and Fanclub members can initiate a PM regardless of whether they have the premium option BUT these two can ONLY initiate a PM in their specific model's room

Reactions: Cbmodel777
Upvote 0
@Brett M @ForceTen

I just want to be able to turn PM's off 100% as a tipper. Yes it easy enough to just ignore PM's, but it would be a nice feature that many other sites already offer.
I am more than sure that this would be welcomed by many broadcasters on CB. :)

For some reason, I was thinking you meant from a model perspective. I do enjoy being able to be more selective on who can PM me on MFC. Was getting tiresome with being messages by models who I'd never interacted with before asking me to go see them, or beg for tokens.

Upvote 0
I would love it if tippers could turn off PM capability on their side but I think the requisite should be that you must have tokens in your account to use the feature. It annoys me that so many guys come in with prejudice like I'm going to spam their PM for hours or ask them to pay my rent in the initial PM like I've heard the Russian/Eastern European models do.

Reactions: Charlie_Bare
Upvote 0
Ugh there is a model that consistently bitches about this and wants that feature. Fine for the broadcast side but if users are all up in my room count they can go through the trouble of clicking the tab to satisfy whatever need is sated reading a user list. It's not like you as a viewer can see what I see.

Upvote 0
I would like to see the viewer list displayed alongside the chat. It's a tremendous annoyance to have to click to a different tab so that the chat is no longer visible just to see who's in the room.

As a tipper in a room you can just use theater mode and have the user list in its own hover window. This would be great for a broadcaster to have as well for sure.

Upvote 0
Ugh there is a model that consistently bitches about this and wants that feature. Fine for the broadcast side but if users are all up in my room count they can go through the trouble of clicking the tab to satisfy whatever need is sated reading a user list. It's not like you as a viewer can see what I see.

Umm... I'm a model. I was referring to the broadcast side of things. I'll add to the other model's consistent bitching. I think it's a good idea. I don't want to have to leave my chat to see the viewer list.

Reactions: thinkinboutit
Upvote 0
Umm... I'm a model. I was referring to the broadcast side of things. I'll add to the other model's consistent bitching. I think it's a good idea. I don't want to have to leave my chat to see the viewer list.

I don't want to sound obnoxious or anything but it takes 5 seconds to scan the list of users if you know who you are looking for and yeah it would be cool to have it on the side for broadcasters but the way CB's current layout works is you have enter/leave notifications and a user list accessible to all.

If you really want to go to the bottom of it, I think the user list should only be visible to the broadcaster and not the viewers. I think a lot of the animosity and reporting of models for BS reasons stems from seeing one person's high tipper in another room and watching the interaction.

Instead of modifying the site in a way that hides the users or makes viewing them easier, they've decided to test hiding the tip and user name in chat.

In a logical fashion one has to assume they really don't care about how many seconds you spend out of chat wondering if someone else is still there and if you do call out for a user at least one person will go check and tell you they left or are still in the room.

Upvote 0
I think it's a big issue having the broadcaster window look so similar to the viewer window. ACTUAL models (not hobby wiener-wankers/exhibitionists who don't take it seriously as a JOB) should have a very different interface when they stream. It was such a huge turn off to broadcast there and have the same looking webpage as viewers do.

Upvote 0
I do kind of feel like verified people on CB get the shaft when it comes to how things work. It's always in the tipper's favor, never the model.
Tbh looking at the broadcasters page on Camsoda the other day made me realize how much easier things should be for models. Built in lovense features, tip menus, goals, a userlist that seperates users with tokens, instead of just sorting them like CB does, among a whole list of other things....

Upvote 0
Tbh looking at the broadcasters page on Camsoda the other day made me realize how much easier things should be for models. Built in lovense features, tip menus, goals, a userlist that seperates users with tokens, instead of just sorting them like CB does, among a whole list of other things....

You see, on one hand you have to love the fact they allow bots and apps and there are so many things that can be done, on the other hand, it's overwhelming for models and you're limited to only a few. I think the more popular things should be a default feature: Lovense, Tip Menu, Notice Rotators, Popular Games (roll the dice for instance) (I am sure some other minor things too)

I think bots and apps will always be fantastic but they are a little outdated in the sense of what I said above (have some builtin features for models to make it easier).

Upvote 0
I'd like seeing the list of users next to the chat box without the extra click.

Hiding users, anonymous users unseen to everyone else? The first who'd use this would be viewbot providers. So no thanks.

Reactions: thinkinboutit
Upvote 0
I'd like seeing the list of users next to the chat box without the extra click.

Hiding users, anonymous users unseen to everyone else? The first who'd use this would be viewbot providers. So no thanks.

As a viewer what business is it of your's who is in my room?

More onus should be put on CB staff to monitor bot activity and rely less on community reporting.

I get insanely pissed off when tippers start calling out others who haven't tipped and they wouldn't be able to do that if they couldn't see the list.

Reactions: juan_valdez
Upvote 0
I think in a lot of ways Chaturbate grew too big too fast. In the beginning it was a true grass roots community situation where everyone really participated in designing apps and bots. The app I run was custom made for me by someone who wants to see my room convert traffic as much I do. If I wamt a feature added or stripped it's done in a matter of hours.

CB is loaded with people who know how to program efficiently and each model wants a specific variation of a feature.

They could put a better descriptor on the apps page instructing models how the token score works and pushing model specific apps to the back.

Upvote 0
As a viewer what business is it of your's who is in my room?

More onus should be put on CB staff to monitor bot activity and rely less on community reporting.

I get insanely pissed off when tippers start calling out others who haven't tipped and they wouldn't be able to do that if they couldn't see the list.

I think for a regular user it could remain how it is, we don't need it as a side panel like how models do but I do also agree with the whole point that we don't even need to see your users. However, this is a greater incentive to support the site or model and become premium and be invisible (if they are now adding that). Maybe they could add an invisible option to the Fan CLub feature, so if you join a model's fan club, you can turn on/off invisibility in THEIR room only.

There have been times where it's been good for users (me) to see a model user list, so I can warn her about someone.
For example, the most recent case of this was this guy was caught recording (yes the irony, kind of) a model's shows and uploading to that troublesome website you all know and [obviously] hate.. He left his username in the top right corner of the recording when he recorded the screen. One model caught him, and she was talking about it one day, and then a few days or so later, he came into another model's room. I sent her a quick message just to explain so she could decide what to do. So, there are some legit reasons why, but most guys just do it to stir up trouble.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.