AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Suggestions For Chaturbate - Add Yours

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
I thought it could be a potentially good thing if we all gave our suggestions for improvement for Chaturbate to make the place better.
Over the time I have been there, I have made multiple but emailing suggestions seems pointless. I know this probably will be too but at least then we can also see what others come up with and if we agree, disagree and can improve even further on THAT idea too.

Here are a few of mine:
1) Have a 2 different types of Moderators: 1 would be as it is now and can just silence people, but then have another with a few more abilities. One of the other abilities could be to kick/ban for the model and then a few more things (not sure what?) Of course this 2 Elite Mod would be someone the model absolutely 100% trusts.
(I understand some people don't like mods to begin with, but lets keep this as suggestions not a way to debate or derail.)
2) I posted this one recently in the CB Discussion: Allow models to disable the option for PREMIUM, Mods and Fan Club members from initiating a Private Message. Have multiple options so specific groups can't do it, or have a global one to turn it off completely.

My brain has gone very dead, I can't remember any other's that I have thought of and sent previously,
What would you like to see implemented? Try not to make this all about better connection issues either.

I think it's really nice you wanted to warn her but I also think that is going above and beyond. We all know the chances of being recorded are incredibly high. I, personally, prefer to stay in the dark about it. I don't sell content, so I realize my view is probably completely different than anyone who does sell content.

Just the exchange here shows how hard it is to please all users.

IMO, Camsoda has good features, but their community is utter trash. I spent one night there and never went back.

Upvote 0
As a viewer what business is it of your's who is in my room?

More onus should be put on CB staff to monitor bot activity and rely less on community reporting.

I get insanely pissed off when tippers start calling out others who haven't tipped and they wouldn't be able to do that if they couldn't see the list.

I don't care if any of my users visit other rooms too. I expect they all visit other rooms anyway.

Without the ability of seeing users in rooms I would have continued to call a user of this forum a conspiracy theorist but in fact he was right and I was absolutely and completely wrong. It was about viewbots. He's not around anymore but if he still reads this, I apologize for being quite rude to him at first.

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
Man, I wish I had the ability to rearrange photos and videos on my bio, especially if I want to upload new things but don't want to knock down off some of my better selling videos to the show more page.

You used to be able to do that. It was kind of like the wooden tile puzzle where you had to move them around on the page by clicking and dragging them. Might still work.

Upvote 0
You used to be able to do that. It was kind of like the wooden tile puzzle where you had to move them around on the page by clicking and dragging them. Might still work.

I think by his post he meant rearranging "galleries" not photos and videos within specific single galleries.
So it displays about 8 Galleries per page right? Or does for me on my 1920px screen. Then you have to "show more". I think he wants those to be rearrangeable. Maybe even a "sticky/pin" option would be good, so you can pin a gallery to where it is and it won't move

Upvote 0
Man, I wish I had the ability to rearrange photos and videos on my bio, especially if I want to upload new things but don't want to knock down off some of my better selling videos to the show more page.

That would be a useful feature. You can also delete videos/photos now without them being removed from your customers collection which was a problem a while back. I'm not sure when they fixed that.

Upvote 0
I recently learned accounts with excessive down votes have a warning that comes up when a user is about to tip. It says something like "user may not perform action as requested" or something like that.

I'd like to see something similar sent to the tipper when tipping rooms that are always rated well with a "[X] amount of days since cammer received a down vote" or I don't know something that praises models with 100% ratings other than just the 100% rating.

Upvote 0
I recently learned accounts with excessive down votes have a warning that comes up when a user is about to tip. It says something like "user may not perform action as requested" or something like that.

I'd like to see something similar sent to the tipper when tipping rooms that are always rated well with a "[X] amount of days since cammer received a down vote" or I don't know something that praises models with 100% ratings other than just the 100% rating.

CB also needs to implement that a user can only down vote once per 30 days and that any future down votes only counts as the initial 1 in a 30-60 day period from their account and IP address.
In order to curb vindictive behaviors and/or animosity that a user my have towards a room.

Upvote 0
CB also needs to implement that a user can only down vote once per 30 days and that any future down votes only counts as the initial 1 in a 30-60 day period from their account and IP address.
In order to curb vindictive behaviors and/or animosity that a user my have towards a room.

I don't agree with this.
I agree that something needs to be done to help monitor those who may be being arseholes and trolling etc but to not allow them to give an informed thumb down more than once, but that can give a thumb up once per 24hrs, is very unfair.
If the person does XX many thumbs down in a row, then maybe it should flag a tiny investigation to see if there is nothing untoward about it but to completely remove that freedom of being able to make a choice is plain wrong.
Or heck, at the minimum, if someone wants to do a thumbs down, they MUST provide a reason within the comments section.

I think a complete overhaul of the thumb up/down needs to be done anyway, maybe introduce the 5 star or 10 star rating system.

Upvote 0
If you know a broadcaster isn't going to do what you tipped for, you've got to be pretty stupid to keep going back. I do agree they shouldn't get to downvote per user more than once in 30 days.

Upvote 0
If you know a broadcaster isn't going to do what you tipped for, you've got to be pretty stupid to keep going back. I do agree they shouldn't get to downvote per user more than once in 30 days.

I think I misunderstood the post suggestion. I thought you meant they can only do one downvote to ALL models within a 3 month period. But from your previous message, it suggests that you mean PER model... ?? In this case, I can understand and agree with that. There really would be no point in going and tipping again, although sometimes they might just be distracted and you understand that so you give them a second chance. Or maybe you think that you yourself were a bit too quick to judge because you had a bad day, so you give them another/second chance. So I think maybe 2 or 3 chances in a weekly or fortnightly period might be more acceptable

Edit:
I just saw it was 2 different people suggesting/commenting the same idea, so ignore my wording for referring to it is you making the original suggestion; the rest of the point stands though

Upvote 0
I think I misunderstood the post suggestion. I thought you meant they can only do one downvote to ALL models within a 3 month period. But from your previous message, it suggests that you mean PER model... ?? In this case, I can understand and agree with that. There really would be no point in going and tipping again, although sometimes they might just be distracted and you understand that so you give them a second chance. Or maybe you think that you yourself were a bit too quick to judge because you had a bad day, so you give them another/second chance. So I think maybe 2 or 3 chances in a weekly or fortnightly period might be more acceptable

Edit:
I just saw it was 2 different people suggesting/commenting the same idea, so ignore my wording for referring to it is you making the original suggestion; the rest of the point stands though

PER MODEL ONLY not site wide

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
@Cbmodel777 and @Finchomatic haha ok, in that case, I do agree more with it, haha. Hopefully now if you re-read my original post in response to this by @Finchomatic you will see that I thought you meant site wide haha. My bad. To be fair it was 8 am for me.. I was probably just having my first coffee lol

Upvote 0
Another suggestion:

Make it so you can only login to one account at a time.
WHy do we need to be logged into 100 accounts at one time? This HELPS trolls be trolls in your room.
Other sites, as soon as you login again, it logs you out of the other account. Yet with CB if you logout using a new tab or window, lets you stay in multiple accounts. Is there some purpose for this?

Upvote 0
A way to CLEAR just the chat without silencing/banning a member/user.
Or delete individual chat messages.

Some things can be innocent, like a model gave her real name to a few members she has a good relationship with and one of them one day came to the room and said: "Hi [her real name]". She is a very private individual usually so it's one of those huge honours to know her real name and she obviously doesn't want it in the public chat. The only 2 ways possible to remove said message was to either silence or ban him, OR do what I did for her and "spam" the chat with random stuff to PUSH it off the window, and this includes also for people who come into the room. A certain amount of lines of chat appear in the main chat for NEW viewers entering the room.

So, a way to CLEAR the chat or individual messages (maybe an "x" on the far right side when you hover over the message? This could be for Mods and the model).
I have seen other reasons why a model may want to clear a chat too, and I am sure you ladies and gents can think of some common ones.

Not sure why if you silence or ban a user, if you hit "refresh" you can see their messages again, or if new viewers come to the room, as previously mentioned they can see a certain amount of lines of text, this will also include silenced and banned people's messages. Other platforms make it so when you ban or silence and their messages vanish, you literally can't see them again.

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
A way to CLEAR just the chat without silencing/banning a member/user.
Or delete individual chat messages.

Some things can be innocent, like a model gave her real name to a few members she has a good relationship with and one of them one day came to the room and said: "Hi [her real name]". She is a very private individual usually so it's one of those huge honours to know her real name and she obviously doesn't want it in the public chat. The only 2 ways possible to remove said message was to either silence or ban him, OR do what I did for her and "spam" the chat with random stuff to PUSH it off the window, and this includes also for people who come into the room. A certain amount of lines of chat appear in the main chat for NEW viewers entering the room.

So, a way to CLEAR the chat or individual messages (maybe an "x" on the far right side when you hover over the message? This could be for Mods and the model).
I have seen other reasons why a model may want to clear a chat too, and I am sure you ladies and gents can think of some common ones.

Not sure why if you silence or ban a user, if you hit "refresh" you can see their messages again, or if new viewers come to the room, as previously mentioned they can see a certain amount of lines of text, this will also include silenced and banned people's messages. Other platforms make it so when you ban or silence and their messages vanish, you literally can't see them again.

i agree but all in one bot can handle that...though I do also find the whole silence/ban users words showing up when refresh or new users entering is a pretty weird bug thats been around forever.

with all in one bot you can apply the custom word list to everyone then put your information between commands firstname,lastname,streetname, etc etc and then set it to notify broadcaster only and if you want to clear that i think its /cc

(edit: though come to think of it im not sure /cc will eliminate the problem with refresh or new users entering as I think that skips the notices AIO bot uses to clear chat)

Upvote 0
Broadcasters can send an online notification every 6 hours, I would love to be able to see a timer for when I can send the next one :)

"You last notified your followers at X:XX AM. There are X hours remaining until you can send another."

When I work double shifts in a day I try to wait until I can use my notification.

Upvote 0

CB took care of that already, months ago, it was long needed. (for any model a member can give only one downvote - more exactly only one is counted for 90 days)

Agreed.

Or heck, at the minimum, if someone wants to do a thumbs down, they MUST provide a reason within the comments section.

That too, plus a way for the models to present her side of the situation(when possible) to Support and have the downvote removed (at least if there is clear proof she did nothing wrong, obviously it might not always be possible). Without knowing the details, and it's a very different site - Streamate - I heard models can request the removal of a bad rating there.

Upvote 0
Broadcasters can send an online notification every 6 hours, I would love to be able to see a timer for when I can send the next one :)

"You last notified your followers at X:XX AM. There are X hours remaining until you can send another."

When I work double shifts in a day I try to wait until I can use my notification.

I think that would be great but as a little workaround, for now, set up a second account and follow your main account. Have emails turned on and then you can go and check when you last sent it

Upvote 0
but also have a list of models I definitely don't want the traffic to ever resort to xD

Why?
because some models wont convert various types of traffic as well as others. Lets say I do a large popup campaign, the model has a few seconds at best to catch their attention if they are frequently just sitting there without talking I don't want the traffic sent there. I may also want to target a specific tag and some of the top models for that tag are incorrectly using it then this will allow me to avoid sending traffic to the wrong model.

Upvote 0
because some models wont convert various types of traffic as well as others. Lets say I do a large popup campaign, the model has a few seconds at best to catch their attention if they are frequently just sitting there without talking I don't want the traffic sent there. I may also want to target a specific tag and some of the top models for that tag are incorrectly using it then this will allow me to avoid sending traffic to the wrong model.

And you wonder why models are trying to game the system. SMH

Upvote 0

Harsh, normally they totally say "pvt?" very, very often.

• Funny!
Reactions: cbhours
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.