AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Suggestions For Chaturbate - Add Yours

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
I thought it could be a potentially good thing if we all gave our suggestions for improvement for Chaturbate to make the place better.
Over the time I have been there, I have made multiple but emailing suggestions seems pointless. I know this probably will be too but at least then we can also see what others come up with and if we agree, disagree and can improve even further on THAT idea too.

Here are a few of mine:
1) Have a 2 different types of Moderators: 1 would be as it is now and can just silence people, but then have another with a few more abilities. One of the other abilities could be to kick/ban for the model and then a few more things (not sure what?) Of course this 2 Elite Mod would be someone the model absolutely 100% trusts.
(I understand some people don't like mods to begin with, but lets keep this as suggestions not a way to debate or derail.)
2) I posted this one recently in the CB Discussion: Allow models to disable the option for PREMIUM, Mods and Fan Club members from initiating a Private Message. Have multiple options so specific groups can't do it, or have a global one to turn it off completely.

My brain has gone very dead, I can't remember any other's that I have thought of and sent previously,
What would you like to see implemented? Try not to make this all about better connection issues either.

🤔 what on earth are you talking about? my suggestion allows for advertisers to target models that aren't on top which is currently who gets almost all of the advertisers traffic.

You said you didn't want traffic going to a model who isn't talking during the brief window allotted. Seemed a little heavy.

Upvote 0
Private :
The price could be displayed before the confirmation window :
- Some users mismatch and confirm when they only wanted to check the price.... then they are not very happy to enter in pvt.
- Other users bother the chat and the model asking the price.

During a pvt show, the link "spy on this private show now" could be improved :
- replaced by "spying feature is not allowed by broadcaster" when it is so, instead of driving to that popup.
- can specify the cost as well (before the confirmation window too).

Reactions: jekster
Upvote 0
I can't believe I have not thought of or mentioned this before:

Allow us to COMMENT on Uploaded Photos and Videos. At least on the ones we have purchased or can see via being a fanclub member.
The model could set it herself to either show for only herself, for all, or for only those purchased.

And if it's for EVERYONE to see (this is a good idea so then if it gets good comments, more people may buy), allow the model to maybe hide comments (if she feels it is people just trolling or something.

Upvote 0
I LOVE web browser notifications for CB, that is one thing I am very happy they introduced a long time ago BUT my 2 big peeves about it, are:

1) It's HUGE, it takes up a lot of the screen. You don't need a big thumbnail image of the model. I understand it's so we can see what they are wearing for today but I think we can see that in an image 20% of the size. The whole size can be reduced drastically.
2) It never vanishes by itself. If I don't manually close the popup it just stays there all day, all night. I can understand why, it's so you can see the notification. Maybe I am away from the PC.

So, my 2 suggestions are:

1) Reduce the overall size (we don't need the description of the model's room int he popup).
2) Let the popup vanish after at least 5 mins. Maybe shorter.

OR at the least please allow some kind of settings for us to manually change, so a multiple choice:

1) Show popup size as 500px by 500px, or 300px by 300px, or 100px by 100px (just examples).
(give us size options in our profile settings)

2) Similar, give us some options. Have notifications disappear after: Never, 15 mins, 5mins, 3, mins, 1 min,

These would be great. Especially since they stack on top of one another, so if I am away and come back when 5 models are only, they are stacked on top, so I have 5 popups.

Upvote 0
First we want to say that we love chaturbate and as far as we are concerned there is no better place to cam and the people that work there are the best!!!. We started with Chaturbate and we will stay with them as long as we are camming. Now for some of the many ways we think they could improve their site/features. The most obvious is better search features for both users and models. A more user friendly setup for your profile/bio/links page (without having to be or pay a programmer to do it for you) a better way to organize and search/filter your list of followers. It would be nice also to be able to select several tags to really narrow your search/ Also i think its about time they created a threesome or group category since there are a ton of them now. This one may not be possible but the geo blocking thing is really a joke now that so many people have and know how to use VPNs so if there was a better way to keep people from hiding or lying about their location that would be great. Also being able to post to social media right from your broadcast page. A translation feature for chat. An official forum for models to network and communicate with each other. A built in c2c feature without having to use 2 monitors or resize windows. Maybe try and do a better job of keeping solo performers out of the couples category. I know people make mistakes but its obvious some of them are doing it on purpose.. And can someone please explain to me the many factors involved in the algorithm which determines the fate and success of all us models by determining the order in which models rooms appear at the top the main page. lol

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Report the users that are in the wrong category. Support will adjust their category, but also know that sometimes people are off screen and may come back when you stop paying attention to their room.

Registered users in the room+time online+active tipping = page rank

Upvote 0
First we want to say that we love chaturbate and as far as we are concerned there is no better place to cam and the people that work there are the best!!!. We started with Chaturbate and we will stay with them as long as we are camming. Now for some of the many ways we think they could improve their site/features.

1. - The most obvious is better search features for both users and models.
  2. - A more user friendly setup for your profile/bio/links page (without having to be or pay a programmer to do it for you)
  3. - a better way to organize and search/filter your list of followers.
  4. - It would be nice also to be able to select several tags to really narrow your search
  5. - Also i think its about time they created a threesome or group category since there are a ton of them now.
  6. - This one may not be possible but the geo blocking thing is really a joke now that so many people have and know how to use VPNs so if there was a better way to keep people from hiding or lying about their location that would be great.
  7. - Also being able to post to social media right from your broadcast page.
  8. - A translation feature for chat.
  9. - An official forum for models to network and communicate with each other.
  10. - A built in c2c feature without having to use 2 monitors or resize windows.
  11. - Maybe try and do a better job of keeping solo performers out of the couples category. I know people make mistakes but its obvious some of them are doing it on purpose..

And can someone please explain to me the many factors involved in the algorithm which determines the fate and success of all us models by determining the order in which models rooms appear at the top the main page. lol

(edited your quote to make it easier for all to see the suggestions at a quick glance)

Some great suggestions and I think you have echoed a majority of what has been said, so it's good it's more people (new and old) wanting to see them.
For the Couples category... As @Cbmodel777 said some are just out of cam shot for a few mins or longer but yes, a lot do also try to "abuse" it and use it to their advantage for multiple reasons. I know of a couple. I think the same should happen for age. I understand age can be sensitive and people don't "need" to know but I do think having 18yr olds in a 50+ category is silly, just because they can set their profile to 99. Personally I am a fan fo 35+ so I love to search ONLY in the 30-50 or 50+ and it's frustrating to see 90% of them being very young girls. I think this kind of thing needs to be sorted/fixed for everything (including the misuse of tags). It may seem small and petty but for those of us trying to find models to spend money on, it gets frustrating to see people using wrong tags because it's our fetish/kink/interests. Most people (tippers, or people to take pvt) I doubt spend much time on the site each time. I am guessing a lot are on for a quickie between breaks at work, whilst family is out and whatever else... they don't have or want the time to be searching through all the wrong rooms pretending to be or offering what they are looking for. Personally I don't even look in the tags section and use that because I know people only use the popular ones to try to get more viewers/tippers.

I think a fix for that could be they can be 10 years (-/+) of their real age. This can be helpful and beneficial all around as those 20 yr olds who have been 18 for 5 years can still do this. The 50 yr olds that don't want to scare guys away can say they are 40 (that isn't me digging at the 50 yr olds, this actually comments I have heard FROM them myself).

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
@Brett M

I'm in my 30's and when I had my age set to the actual age, absolutely no one believed me. I found it to be very frustrating because I was supposedly what they were looking for but I couldn't find a way to convince them my age was real without showing them my actual ID (which I would never do).

How would you suggest combating that if a CB fix isn't in the works?

Upvote 0
Something must be done about the follower email going into spam situation. I am certainly not an expert in that field but surely there is a solution to the problem.

Perhaps allow models to send custom follower notifications and have the emails come from modelname @ new chaturbate domain? I don't know what needs to be done but when models with 100000 followers are sending follower notifications and 10 people show up you know theres a problem.

I've also noticed that models in the news letter that stop broadcasting for days after the newsletter is sent out continue to receive additional followers for days which I think is because users are later finding the emails in their spam folders then following them.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
You know it's not really been something that has bothered me or that I have considered BUT today I was chatting with a model... and why does Chaturbate's "Start Private" and "Group Show" links so small? I mean, they are quite difficult to find in all honesty. You'd think such important options would be bigger, and be buttons. They are on other cam sites, who obviously seem to understand this.

Upvote 0
I honestly cannot think of why i have not suggested this before but as a view and client who enjoys (prefers) to be taking models in a Private show.
If you're in FULL SCREEN view, add two simple features/elements to the show in the top left corner: Timer + Token Balance.
I want to see how long I have been in the show AND how many tokens I have remaining. I am one of those guys who will use all my tokens at once otherwise. It's just a useful thing to have.
I would really love this. Maybe it can show for the model too if she watches ME in full screen. Except for her, maybe instead of a specific "token balance", it could be "tokens earned from this show" ??

Reactions: jekster and Brit
Upvote 0
I would like to be able to block or ignore rooms so I never have to see their room thumbs again. Such as in the contest or More Rooms Like This and so on.

I have always wanted to suggest this but felt like people would just say "grow up and keep scrolling". But there are reasons why i want to ignore a room or rooms. The only way to do it right now is to either piss the model off and be banned, or ask them to ban you lol. Neither is a viable option though

Upvote 0
herk !!!!
1583479715156.png

Now, PM tab opens automatically for a member enter the room to the broadcaster .
ok, Only supporters can initiate the dialog, but my suggestion is to remove that !
Supporters should not be incited to engage freely but to remain respectfull.

Upvote 0
herk !!!!
View attachment 83502

Now, PM tab opens automatically for a member enter the room to the broadcaster .
ok, Only supporters can initiate the dialog, but my suggestion is to remove that !
Supporters should not be incited to engage freely but to remain respectfull.

Appears to only have started appearing in the last 36 or so hours. Looks like CB is trying to encourage more supporter signups.

Upvote 0
Which is completely opposite to what a lot of models want (and have even requested to be able to stop people from sending those PMs).
Now they're advertising the supporter signup, so that people can harass us even more with unwanted PMs from
random people who don't even support us with tokens (or in any way really, not even conversation/positive presence in the room either)
And yeah it's harassment (you really don't want to read 99% of those PM's). It's CB's personal variant of unwanted dickpics.
Not to mention the group of people who use that as a way to try and pressure/swindle new models into doing unpaid password shows and the likes..

I'm really liking that CB has been improving the site & adding new things (I like progress).. But this is the exact opposite of what we've (models) been asking for
(as far as I'm aware of). It serves CB but deteriorates the work environment for models, and I don't see why they would do that. Doesn't make sense from my perspective.

Upvote 0
Now they're advertising the supporter signup, so that people can harass us even more with unwanted PMs from

yep. Also some use it to advert to other users directly :(
Have to figure other ways to attract supporters to replace the PM thing :/
It's not so easy. Without, they only have 'no advert' and 'nice colors' for the normal price (without the 39% of reduction) of their 200 tokens.

On stripchat they lock the use of smileys to normal users and also the ability of being knight ^^

This, forbiding the 'moderator' power ability, can be more valuable on CB than 'PMs'

Upvote 0
yep. Also some use it to advert to other users directly :(
Have to figure other ways to attract supporters to replace the PM thing :/
It's not so easy. Without, they only have 'no advert' and 'nice colors' for the normal price (without the 39% of reduction) of their 200 tokens.

On stripchat they lock the use of smileys to normal users and also the ability of being knight ^^

This, forbiding the 'moderator' power ability, can be more valuable on CB than 'PMs'

Thinking about it a little more, if it can get people to buy more tokens than they normally would then it not so bad. I'll continue to ignore PMs regardless of how many are sent.

Upvote 0
Also now models can add Social Media links for PRICES to the Profile. Including Snapchat, Whatsapp, Instagram and "Other".

cbsocial01.pngcbsocial02.pngcbsocial04.png

I scratched out details in my first screenshot from my profile, not sure why - nothing important or secretive to hide lol.
I have now way to "cancel/delete" my test "Twitter" one, so i have to wait for it to either be approved or rejected lol.

Upvote 0
CB really needs to rethink how it handles models who are awaiting verification. Placing them in the "exhibitionist" section by default, and then banning them if they get nude before being verified is nonsense. Meanwhile you have others in the exhibitionist section doing way more than just getting nude, but are never banned. How can someone who is actually attempting to get verified be more of a risk to CB than someone who just decides to broadcast with no intent of getting verified and no intent of earning tokens...while still getting nude and/or performing explicit sexual acts?

Upvote 0
Placing them in the "exhibitionist" section by default, and then banning them if they get nude before being verified is nonsense.
No, they don't ban if they get nude. It's an urban legend (don't listen greys ^^)

edit : though, they ban when they receive lot of 'abuse report' from silly grays.

Upvote 0
CB really needs to rethink how it handles models who are awaiting verification. Placing them in the "exhibitionist" section by default, and then banning them if they get nude before being verified is nonsense. Meanwhile you have others in the exhibitionist section doing way more than just getting nude, but are never banned. How can someone who is actually attempting to get verified be more of a risk to CB than someone who just decides to broadcast with no intent of getting verified and no intent of earning tokens...while still getting nude and/or performing explicit sexual acts?

Model broadcasting as exhibitionist that has uploaded valid IDs is WAY WAY WAY less likely to be banned than one that hasn't uploaded anything.

Upvote 0
No, they don't ban if they get nude. It's an urban legend (don't listen greys ^^)

edit : though, they ban when they receive lot of 'abuse report' from silly grays.

Well, at least according to Mila, in a post I made about this same issue in 2018, it most certainly does happens.

In the past week I have seen three different models get banned while broadcasting and getting nude/doing sexual stuff in the exhibitionist section while awaiting verification. It does happen. The reasons are unknown as to why, but in that same thread from 2018 it is hinted(by Natalie_Lavender) that the TOS spells out what you can and cannot do while awaiting verification. So it would appear that there are different rules for a model awaiting verification than there are for someone just using the section as a true "exhibitionist" and not trying to earn tokens. It's still occurring, hence the reason for this suggestion in this thread.

Why place models awaiting verification in the "exhibitionist section" along with people who are true exhibitionists? CB could simply create an "awaiting verification" section where models could chill and build a follower list, make changes to their bio, and implement room features that will help their success for when they do receive verification.

Upvote 0
Why place models awaiting verification in the "exhibitionist section" along with people who are true exhibitionists? CB could simply create an "awaiting verification" section where models could chill and build a follower list, make changes to their bio, and implement room features that will help their success for when they do receive verification.
In my opinion, what CB should do is get rid of the exhibitionist shit altogether, and be a legitimate cam model site where only verified people, who want to earn money while broadcasting, are able to transmit video.

They are so GD'd paranoid about other legal shit that I am honestly floored that they still keep the exhibitionist cams alive with no verification.

Upvote 0
The reasons are unknown as to why, but in that same thread from 2018 it is hinted(by Natalie_Lavender) that the TOS spells out what you can and cannot do while awaiting verification

Yes, I saw this and have read TOS before getting further on the site.
Also, I agree you, I only told that the ban is simply not related to the age verification.
(I "rage-posted" also already here : https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/t...aturbate-add-yours.31714/page-11#post-1036270 )
This one did not appear with much skin visible...
It depends apparently only on Abuse reports and they are too fast to agree reporters, models being age verified or not.

This only tells clearly that 'being verified' conditions only the ability to receive tokens : from TOS
Community Members who determine to stream and/or upload video or photo content but have not provided age verification documentation (referred to herein as "Exhibitionists") are not Independent Broadcasters and are not eligible to receive tips.
You won't find more than this about being nude on cam or giving contents (explicit or not)
Nothing is mentioned concerning nudity or even explicit streaming for exhibs.

I am convinced that models being banned during an exhib session are mainly those exhib who have so much success that they are pushed on the top page (you see almost one every weekend ^^). It responds only to the amount of abuse reports received from paranoids and that the situation is not clear.

Though, I agree that the 'exhib' stuff it is legally limit and definitively not a loyal concurrence.
The TOS' words "our zero-tolerance stance on minors using or in any way appearing ...." are entirely let to the sole appreciation of the sites moderators, model being verified or not :/

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.