AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Suggestions For Chaturbate - Add Yours

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
I thought it could be a potentially good thing if we all gave our suggestions for improvement for Chaturbate to make the place better.
Over the time I have been there, I have made multiple but emailing suggestions seems pointless. I know this probably will be too but at least then we can also see what others come up with and if we agree, disagree and can improve even further on THAT idea too.

Here are a few of mine:
1) Have a 2 different types of Moderators: 1 would be as it is now and can just silence people, but then have another with a few more abilities. One of the other abilities could be to kick/ban for the model and then a few more things (not sure what?) Of course this 2 Elite Mod would be someone the model absolutely 100% trusts.
(I understand some people don't like mods to begin with, but lets keep this as suggestions not a way to debate or derail.)
2) I posted this one recently in the CB Discussion: Allow models to disable the option for PREMIUM, Mods and Fan Club members from initiating a Private Message. Have multiple options so specific groups can't do it, or have a global one to turn it off completely.

My brain has gone very dead, I can't remember any other's that I have thought of and sent previously,
What would you like to see implemented? Try not to make this all about better connection issues either.

I wanted to post an addendum to my previous post.

As of 10/1/20 both cb.getRoomOwnerData & cb.getRoomUsersData are fully supported on the Test Bed and do not require an active stream. Thanks CB Tech Support Staff!

Cheers,
cexmental

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
Smores, gotcha'. I read past that and went straight into my explanation, attempting to explain that this is already an option, just not a publicly (or widely) known option. It isn't a clickable on/off thing that everyone knows about, but rather a in-code solution based on a broadcaster's username. My 'demo-mode' bots do not have a 'full-mode' counterpart. Instead, I simply add the broadcaster's username to an internal list and the same bot becomes fully unlocked. =)

Brett M, I never understood the appeal of making something that is half-complete just to charge a small amount to change a string or two for output. It seems like too much work to revisit old projects just for 40 or 100 tokens. Most devs I've spoken with on CB who do this are using someone elses code (from the open-source days that ended about 2 yrs ago). They have very little investment aside from these type of updates. Personally, I try to add every dynamic option I can think of so users can "create" their own experience. This takes a great deal of work but in the end the bot is done and I can forget it for years and years. Users can pay to unlock features instead of getting the same bare-bones bot with a few outputs changed for their specific room. I'm not really arguing here, just stating my personal take on this.

Check out any 'fan club' bot on CB and then check out 'Virtual Clubs' to get an idea of what I mean!

Cheers,
cexmental

Reactions: mike_aussie
Upvote 0
Apps and Bots are really amazing but I think some things could really help:
(I mentioned this previously)

Allow a Save / Export / Import for apps and bots.
Allow a model to edit the bot/app (as in, tip menu prices, etc), then SAVE it as it is so it never forgets your customized settings. This can be saved to a "gallery" on the models profile in the apps and bots, then, allow a way to even "export" and then "import" - so you can share with another specific person (send it to them easily). Or at least have a "share" option so you can directly send it to a specific person. Or, have a way for others to VIEW your "gallery" of bots/apps, and then have options for that person viewing to "use" your customized app/bot.

Right now, do bots/apps remember your customized settings? If so, for how long? Or is it if you clear cache or.. ?

Upvote 0
I would love a way to store bot settings and to update those saved settings on-the-fly. Please, please, please!! hehe.

Currently, bots store settings based on the internal name of the option and which slot it is in. So if a bot with a input-box called "cbinput1" is run in slot 1, that input-boxes' data will be stored. Once a new bot is run in that same slot, that stored data is lost. If a bot completely times out and you must reload it, that data is lost. If a completely different bot is run in the same slot, and for some reason (maybe same developer c/p from a single source base) it has an input-box with the same name, then it will load with the data of the other bot and/or overwrite that data. =/

Cheers,
cexmental

Upvote 0
I have a master txt file open when I'm camming with all my tip menu and roll the dice prices, my long bio, favorite tippers and models etc. I edit everything there and copy/paste into CB when I need to update them. For more complex bots/apps I've started taking screenshots so if I want to experiment with settings I can manually change them back.

Upvote 0
*Usually* when I add an input-box to a bot designed for holding usernames (user01,user02,etc), I set the character limit at 10,000 characters. I always recommend that users keep a backup of these lists. Do not rely on CB to store your data! It is a little bit of extra work but you are doing the right thing @mike_aussie!

Upvote 0
I just tweeted the following to CB Support:

How about search, filter and sorting functions for token stats? I want to check how much certain users have tipped, when and on what... but I also tip other models so that's a whole lot of scrolling and effort to figure it out.

Reactions: eroticalynn
Upvote 0
i cant understand why someone would like to have offline message sistem, no thanks! more work for the model for nothing when is good this way, guys just have to wait till his favorite model go online and he can see ,talk and tip her . if there are offline me ssages they start dramas, i love you , u didnt answer my mail , i wanna meet you, i thought im special bla and so on , and there is not 1 guy a girl need to deal with his ego there r hundred . I can see this on stripchat or mfc, guys are pissed off for not adding them to friends list and then to stay in my free time to chat to them or to mail them becouse they know they are having this option and they wanna sit on the model head ,, i just wanna go online, do my show take the money and go, plese chaturbate dont get them used to have acces to the models offline , no dramas needed .

Seems to me chaturbate already has a sufficient offline message system in the form of the offline tip. Sure, it's a one-way message system and it requires tokens, but if you were going to establish one on chaturbate, those parameters; i.e. one way and not free, seem as good as it ought to be for models and as restrictive as it ought to be for users.

Upvote 0
Seems to me chaturbate already has a sufficient offline message system in the form of the offline tip. Sure, it's a one-way message system and it requires tokens, but if you were going to establish one on chaturbate, those parameters; i.e. one way and not free, seem as good as it ought to be for models and as restrictive as it ought to be for users.

I want to able to thank a user for buying a video or tipping while offline. It would be nice for them to see you noticed next time they login.

Upvote 0
my suggestion is to make more sections for females, such as non nude, mistress and such - because competition is too damn high.. so it will be maybe easier to be noticed like that..

This is what the tag system is meant for, and with the limited amount (5 per model) to make it so you have to choose. However, everyone does the same: pick the 5 most popular.
SO, it has the same problem, unfortunately, so "official" tags or sections would definitely be better, but CB would have to review and determine if the model fits that category. So I like this idea. Just, more work for CB though lol

edit:
Did you all see, where the notification has been showing CB Updates it now says if you get an offline tip?
Something like "You received XX tokens when you were not online"

Upvote 0

How about search, filter and sorting functions for token stats? I want to check how much certain users have tipped, when and on what... but I also tip other models so that's a whole lot of scrolling and effort to figure it out.

Hopefully they do this. I've been working on integrating this into my chrome extension "tipelectric". I will contact you when the functionality is there.

Reactions: NotYou and DoD404
Upvote 0

Third-party tools exist and links can be found here.
Maybe CB can have a look an integrate third-party codes (with negotiation with authors ofc) in the site, more accessible for lambda users?

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Third-party tools exist and links can be found here.
Maybe CB can have a look an integrate third-party codes (with negotiation with authors ofc) in the site, more accessible for lambda users?

True, and it seems 3rd party developers put more effort into this than CB does -- because it doesn't improve their bottom line. Chaturbate is all about profit so they tend to focus on features that bring them more $$. User experience (UX) has proven to bring huge revenue to online platforms (look at facebook, instagram etc.) -- BUT, it's clear chaturbate doesn't even have a [talented] user experience designer (let alone a graphic designer) on their team.

Upvote 0
my suggestion is to make more sections for females, such as non nude, mistress and such - because competition is too damn high.. so it will be maybe easier to be noticed like that..
As much as I like this idea as a fellow non-nude model, I think it would be a bit difficult to actually implement. Brett touched on it briefly, but the biggest issue is who exactly fits into the non-nude category? Are flashes okay? What about little slips occasionally? Tits only, but nothing below the belt? Non-nude in public, but partial or full nude in ticket shows or private? How about wearing something very see through? It's a messy category and people have different definitions of what non-nude is.

I really wish CB would implement a "payment on file" type of option for models to better control who is allowed to chat in their rooms. I think it would greatly decrease the amount of trolls, spammers, and time wasters.

Sign up on CB, provide a verified email: You're allowed to chat in some rooms if the model allows it
Sign up on CB, provide verified email and payment info: You're allowed to chat in all rooms

Something like that.

Upvote 0
Isnt this the point of the hashtags though? to provide members a way to search sub categories? that's the way I have always used the hashtags anyway.

Upvote 0
Isnt this the point of the hashtags though? to provide members a way to search sub categories? that's the way I have always used the hashtags anyway.

Not all models bother with hashtags so it's an incomplete search system.

Reactions: Brit
Upvote 0
Not all models bother with hashtags so it's an incomplete search system.

PLUS, those (or the majority) that do, use it incorrectly. By this I mean they just use the ones they know guys want or want this week/month.
I understand they tried to help and fix this by limiting it to just 5, but that really didn't help at all as far as I see.

"some" kind of way to make some sub-categories more "official" would be very nice, I would love to see that but the problem with this is how do you determine? How do they prove they "do" this or "are" this?
So, I can understand why they have not done it, but if people try to get into an official sub-category, I think they may take it more seriously, because it will be done so they can't change it or keep changing it. Once you're in it, you're in it for months.

Reactions: Brit
Upvote 0
PLUS, those (or the majority) that do, use it incorrectly. By this I mean they just use the ones they know guys want or want this week/month.
I understand they tried to help and fix this by limiting it to just 5, but that really didn't help at all as far as I see.

"some" kind of way to make some sub-categories more "official" would be very nice, I would love to see that but the problem with this is how do you determine? How do they prove they "do" this or "are" this?
So, I can understand why they have not done it, but if people try to get into an official sub-category, I think they may take it more seriously, because it will be done so they can't change it or keep changing it. Once you're in it, you're in it for months.
Well I think, models will be able to choose, nude, non nude , xxx (for those who have 5 dildos in pussy) or something, and if they are in wrong section - they can for example be punished, not by lot tokens, but to learn what is right and what is not. I don't know, but yeah you know what I mean.
Limiting hashtags on 5 makes things harder, because lovense is most popular one, but if I use instead of lovense - non nude, no one will enter.
Tried that.

Upvote 0
but the biggest issue is who exactly fits into the non-nude category?

I really wish CB would implement a "payment on file" type of option for models to better control who is allowed to chat in their rooms. I think it would greatly decrease the amount of trolls, spammers, and time wasters.

When you redefine the meaning the definition gets lost through semantics. Non-nude means just that, no nudity. You couldn't logically split it up in multiple ways, because once you show nudity in public you are no longer being non-nude.

I personally really enjoy that CB is open to everyone regardless of financial standing. I've made some friends though grey chat. I also started as a grey user and it was a few welcoming broadcasters that got me to feel comfortable, buy tokens, become verified, and stay to write top-earning bots that are trending in multiple categories. My efforts have also brought permanent change to CB. There are options now available on both the Public servers and the Test Bed that are directly attributed to my suggestions. You never know who you are giving a chance too!

As a broadcaster, CB gives you the option to block grey chat and other broadcasters. Bots like The Anti Spam Bot do a good job of filtering out the chat spam without blocking your users. If you need more specific blocking for token holding users, both passive and aggressive bots exist for these things. A trusted friend/Mod who has your best interests at heart also goes a long way. These available options allow CB to remain non-segregated while taking some of the burden of chat control off your hands. Allowing everyone to have a voice is wonderful from an ethical point of view. From a financial point of view, it brings much more traffic to CB. Again, from a broadcaster's point of view, there are many ways to handle this. I will fully acknowledge that no amount of predictive coding will silence all of the stupidity, but you can get it down to a dull roar.

Cheers,
cexmental

Reactions: dark_mermaid
Upvote 0
It is difficult to discuss Hash Tags without an official CB reply for the algorithm being used. From a coder's perspective, Hash Tag popularity is based on usage not clicks. One tag being more popular than another is because more broadcasters are using that tag and not because those tags generate more traffic. With that said, when Hash Tag options are added to a bot I generally only see an increase in Anonymous users and Spam bots (automatic grey accounts that enter, spam, then leave). I've always operated under the belief that a majority of users hit the front page and browse without paying much attention to the search feature.

I would love to hear replies from users who enjoy the search feature and specifically how they interact with it.

Cheers,
cexmental

Upvote 0
I would love to hear replies from users who enjoy the search feature and specifically how they interact with it.
I can only speak for myself of course, but I only use the search feature to find models I can't quite remember the name of. I'm not even sure what data the search function even covers.
Clicking on hashtags on CB is of no use whatsoever since they are almost always misleading, and I've never found a way to narrow the search after the first hashtag anyway.

Upvote 0
When you redefine the meaning the definition gets lost through semantics. Non-nude means just that, no nudity. You couldn't logically split it up in multiple ways, because once you show nudity in public you are no longer being non-nude.

This is why I feel it's better for an individual themselves to choose what they subjectively define as "non-nude". There are some people who define it much more strictly, while others are more loose in their definition.

I personally really enjoy that CB is open to everyone regardless of financial standing. I've made some friends though grey chat. I also started as a grey user and it was a few welcoming broadcasters that got me to feel comfortable, buy tokens, become verified, and stay to write top-earning bots that are trending in multiple categories. My efforts have also brought permanent change to CB. There are options now available on both the Public servers and the Test Bed that are directly attributed to my suggestions. You never know who you are giving a chance too!

As a broadcaster, CB gives you the option to block grey chat and other broadcasters. Bots like The Anti Spam Bot do a good job of filtering out the chat spam without blocking your users. If you need more specific blocking for token holding users, both passive and aggressive bots exist for these things. A trusted friend/Mod who has your best interests at heart also goes a long way. These available options allow CB to remain non-segregated while taking some of the burden of chat control off your hands. Allowing everyone to have a voice is wonderful from an ethical point of view. From a financial point of view, it brings much more traffic to CB. Again, from a broadcaster's point of view, there are many ways to handle this. I will fully acknowledge that no amount of predictive coding will silence all of the stupidity, but you can get it down to a dull roar.

Cheers,
cexmental

I have some really great grey members. Some of them have even bought tokens for me. Others have subscribed to my OF, but won't buy tokens on CB for various reasons. They are just as much a part of the community I have built as the dark purple high tippers I have. I appreciate every single person who comes into my room and tips me and/or has conversation with me. There are, unfortunately, a lot of greys who are not respectful and it gets tiring dealing with them. There are also some people who create multiple accounts to purposely troll simply because someone did not do something that the troll wanted them to do. Sure, you can ban, but they can easily go around it. I had someone come in under a different name every time I streamed just to say some really cruel things about me and sometimes my members. It's very emotionally taxing. At the very least, requiring a verified email would help minimize that.

I use the anti spam bot, but it doesn't work for the situations I laid out above. I have zero interest in having a mod. Back when I was brand new, I thought it was a necessity. Tried having some mods. They were people who were always in my room, having conversations, tipping, and were respectful. After they became mods, they stopped tipping and became annoying to not only me, but the rest of the chat. Never again. Besides, members are there to have fun and relax. Why should a member be working?

Upvote 0
This is why I feel it's better for an individual themselves to choose what they subjectively define as "non-nude". There are some people who define it much more strictly, while others are more loose in their definition.

I have some really great grey members. Some of them have even bought tokens for me. Others have subscribed to my OF, but won't buy tokens on CB for various reasons. They are just as much a part of the community I have built as the dark purple high tippers I have. I appreciate every single person who comes into my room and tips me and/or has conversation with me. There are, unfortunately, a lot of greys who are not respectful and it gets tiring dealing with them. There are also some people who create multiple accounts to purposely troll simply because someone did not do something that the troll wanted them to do. Sure, you can ban, but they can easily go around it. I had someone come in under a different name every time I streamed just to say some really cruel things about me and sometimes my members. It's very emotionally taxing. At the very least, requiring a verified email would help minimize that.

I use the anti spam bot, but it doesn't work for the situations I laid out above. I have zero interest in having a mod. Back when I was brand new, I thought it was a necessity. Tried having some mods. They were people who were always in my room, having conversations, tipping, and were respectful. After they became mods, they stopped tipping and became annoying to not only me, but the rest of the chat. Never again. Besides, members are there to have fun and relax. Why should a member be working?

I think this is what a lot seem to miss about greys. I know a lot are annoying, demanding, rude, etc, but I am sure there are many who were like me.
When I first joined cam sites, I was one of those who was never ever going to pay for tokens or for porn: why should I, there is free porn everywhere.
However, I turned to colour and bought tokens, and that was back in 2016, now I continue to buy them when I can.

I can only speak for myself of course, but I only use the search feature to find models I can't quite remember the name of. I'm not even sure what data the search function even covers.
Clicking on hashtags on CB is of no use whatsoever since they are almost always misleading, and I've never found a way to narrow the search after the first hashtag anyway.

This is me too, I honestly can't begin to remember the last time I used the tag system because - and for me, it is the biggest reason - I am sick and tired of seeing rooms that are clearly not what they say for their tags.
When guys have clear kinks and fetishes, the tag system is probably the best option or at least it would be if it wasn't "abused" (meaning people using incorrect ones purely because they are popular).

The regular search doesn't really show much, it does obviously suggest, and suggest tags based on what you have typed, which is cool.
However, I just so desperately want it to show ALL offline profiles too. For now, it shows models who have RECENTLY been online (i tested with models on my friends's list, someone was off for 1 day, someone 2 days, then someone 4 days, I had no one offline for 3 days). It showed/found the 1 day, 2 days but not 4 days, so it shows models who have been online in the past 24 - 48rs, possibly 72hrs too but not sure. But it's a nice step in the right direction.

Upvote 0
If chaturbate could have a profile design template page (like when you pick the design for your blog on wordpress or squarespace), I would gladly pay for the code! It's so frustrating to find a user to make bio codes for you!
Twitter is a good place to look, there's many bio designers like myself who are active on there :)

Upvote 0
General perspective...

I wish PMs persisted across sessions. Often I am helping a client and will click a link, completely forgetting links in PMs open in the same browser window/tab. When this happens, I'll lose everything that was said. PMs should store for each user's session until the broadcaster goes offline, regardless of where you navigate or if you lose connectivity. The PM/virtual mail system (with archiving) MFC has is a great example of how this could benefit users in general.

^ This. Would be nice to have at least some level of persistence for PMs.

Upvote 0
Instead of the tip 1 token to chat option, there should be a drop down with several prices like 1tk, 25tk, 100tk.

Also more blog posts and helpful information for models such and more DMCA takedown help.

Also adding permanent ban to the drop down list when I click on a users name in the chat.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
This was touched on previously I think, mentioning not many people donate to bot/app creators.
I think CB should build in some kind of way to be able to do this so it won't take us from the site - I am unsure how other people accept donations for creating apps/bots.

Not all creators will have a verified account so you won't be able to send them tokens as a payment, and I can understandably see why models would not want to click links for "paypal" or whatever options to send some donations, out of worry for being hacked, etc.

These all in one bots, for example, are so incredible and some people do this stuff for free yet I think they are most likely not appreciated.

I just looked on the gallery for where it shows all of the person's bots for the specific creator, and there is nothing there - not even a direct link to the person's profile so you can see if they have some kind of options etc on it for you to donate or get customized stuff, or whatever.

I do believe the authors should be given a bit more recognition in terms of being able to have donations to them easier. Even if it's only for authors with say, XX total apps/bots, or some other criteria, so there would need to be some vetting going on, I guess, but i think something can be done.

Edit:
Actually an "easier" option may be to have Premium/Paid Apps/Bots and then FREE ones.
Nothing expensive, so the authors would just charge $1 or $2 for it, but you can trial it first for a few days or week.

I dunno, maybe that and each suggestion sucks but i thought it might be worth it.
@cexmental

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.