AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Suggestions to models both new and old from a viewers POV

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2011
First off I’m not telling any of the models how to do their own thing online. I do however feel that many new and even old models don’t seem to understand the game of making their viewers happy. So here is a list of things to do and not do in your rooms if you want to be more successful:

1. Don’t piss off your viewers; we don’t like being jerked around when we are paying for your time.
2. (Probably the most important to be successful) Be involved with your viewers and build up some type of a relationship with your regulars. Many viewers will tip you just for the company even with your clothes on. Also use something like Twitter or Facebook to communicate with your followers when you’re off cam.
3. Don’t only get naked in group or privates unless you have a good reason not to. We want to see what we are paying for first. Do a countdown to get naked and then stay naked for a while. None of this 2 minutes and then it’s time for another countdown BS.
4. Don’t constantly put your clothes back on and make guys tip to get naked again. This gets old fast so do a countdown and stay naked the rest of the night.
5. Don’t constantly leave; going offline every X amount of time will have your viewers going to someone more consistent. I at least one model that starts to build up a room and then leave for no reason and without saying anything before she goes. Their one minute and gone the next should be her cam name.
6. When doing a countdown, be reasonable. 5000 tokens just to get naked is first off going to take you forever to complete and second is not even close to being reasonable to your viewers.
7. After your tippers have completed a countdown give them what they paid for. No one likes a second countdown for what we just paid for. Under no circumstances should you leave after a countdown has been completed. I’ve seen models do this and even your most loyal fans will turn on you in a second and it gets ugly fast.
8. If you’re doing a countdown for a group show, make sure that your viewers know that ahead of time and keep it listed in your topic. It’s not fair to get all your viewers tokens to then go; “ok time for group” when they already gave you a few thousand tokens for a show.
9. When doing a group or private show, please be ready before you start. I can’t list how many times I have gone into a group and the model is still sitting there doing nothing for the first five minutes.
10. Dragging out a group or private by taking 15 minutes just to get naked is rude. Do I really need to say more about this? Groups and private shows aren’t free and most viewers are not made of money these days. If we are actively paying for something then get with it or your viewers will just leave.
11. Don’t stop in the middle of a cum or some other show to respond to everyone that tips or PM’s you. This applies especially if you’re in a group show.
12. If it’s a slow night and no one is tipping get over it. No one wants to hear a model bitch every 2 minutes that we are cheap and threatening to go to bed or whatever if we don’t tip her.
13. Don’t yawn and bitch that you’re bored or tired. It’s the models (your) job to keep things going and fun. If you don’t participate your viewers won’t either and they probably won’t tip.
14. If you have special rules for your room post them in your profile. Most models bitch at the new guy because he doesn’t follow her rules when there is no way for him to know them in the first place.
15. To me it is just common courtesy for a model to tell her room that she is either going offline, going private or starting a group show. Many models will jump right into a private during a countdown and never say anything to her room.
16. Building on the last item, put off privates and groups till after a countdown and its reward is completed. I don’t have 5 hours to wait for you countdown to get finished.
17. Take some time to adjust your cam and lighting. I know there is info in the models only section about this.
18. If your cam or computer sucks ballz get a new one. Put it on your amazon wish list if you can’t afford it. You need quality tools to do your job right or people won’t like what they are getting.
19. Fake reactions over any tip amount or saying the same thing every time you get a tip is really annoying so stop it already. This includes crying over a huge tip. If you’re not starving broke I see no reason to cry.
20. Don’t expect something for nothing and then get pissed at your room from no one tipping.
21. Most viewers would rather hear your voice then whatever music you want to listen to.
22. You’re going to get capped on a daily basis. Eventually one of these videos is going to show up online for download. Figure out now how you’re going to deal with this now and don’t come into your room talking about how mad and violated you feel. You have been forewarned.

Yes I read the Member's Pet Peeves thread http://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1295but felt a summary of some things was needed for those who aren't going to read a 12 page thread. The level on which I see these things happening has seriously made me think about starting a studio just so I can help new models get on their feet and really make some good money rather than wasting their time every day. If anyone wants to add to this list if I missed anything, please do so as it can only make things better for everyone.

Re: Suggestions to models both new and old from a viewers PO

Jupiter551 said:
I think you make some good points, a bunch I agree with actually.

It's pretty bold for a first post to issue what could be construed as a "list-of-demands" though.
I don't want anyone to consider it a list of demands as I have no control over what anyone does online. These are just my day to day observations on things I see being done and they only negatively affect a models income. This happens to be my first post since I only stumbled upon this forum today.

dexterknows said:
Jupiter551 said:
I think you make some good points, a bunch I agree with actually.

It's pretty bold for a first post to issue what could be construed as a "list-of-demands" though.
I don't want anyone to consider it a list of demands as I have no control over what anyone does online. These are just my day to day observations on things I see being done and they only negatively affect a models income. This happens to be my first post since I only stumbled upon this forum today.

I'm looking at this and i'm like hmm *takes notes* lol. Sometimes thought when I put my cloths back on though if I'm cold so I hope no one minds if I do that =D.

Jupiter551 said:
I'm looking at this and i'm like hmm *takes notes* lol. Sometimes thought when I put my cloths back on though if I'm cold so I hope no one minds if I do that =D.
LOL no notes, all off the top of my head.

That’s a perfectly valid reason to do so. I'm talking about the models that do this almost religiously. I’m sure they are thinking in their mind that it helps drive tips and I’m sure that it does with some guys but not me. If you’re doing something that seems annoying to me, there’s a good chance I’m not alone.

dexterknows said:
Jupiter551 said:
LOL no notes, all off the top of my head.

That’s a perfectly valid reason to do so. I'm talking about the models that do this almost religiously. I’m sure they are thinking in their mind that it helps drive tips and I’m sure that it does with some guys but not me. If you’re doing something that seems annoying to me, there’s a good chance I’m not alone.
Btw I'm the one taking notes my dear and I will hopefully be reciveing a new cam for a late b day present cause my cam sucks ass =D.

Reactions: dexterknows

Jupiter551 said:
Btw I'm the one taking notes my dear and I will hopefully be reciveing a new cam for a late b day present cause my cam sucks ass =D.
Cool, hopefully some of my comments will help you out in your future CAM'ing adventures. I guess due to my line of work it's just a force of habit for me to analyze everything about a business and try to improve things.

dexterknows said:
First off I’m not telling any of the models how to do their own thing online. I do however feel that many new and even old models don’t seem to understand the game of making their viewers happy. So here is a list of things to do and not do in your rooms if you want to be more successful:
And thank Goodness for all the models who break those rules, it would really be boring if all models where so perfect :)

In fact, I don't do the "Next Model, Next Model, ..." game, I start at the bottom and do "Previous Model, Previous Model, ..." , much more fun :)

Reactions: Heidi

While were at it I'll leave these two here.

There are some valid points, but you obviously go to models' rooms like you came to this forum, that is to say, knowing nothing and making a lot of assumptions of how the world should be. We were all young once. *sigh*

A lot of your complaints seem to have to do with the more popular models, and don't apply to the ones who have less busy rooms. Successful models play to their regulars. Regulars know what to expect. They are the source of the bulk of most successful models' tips. They have often spent months visiting a model and they like her and her quirky ways, which is often what got their attention in the first place. They have their rhythm and if they change even one thing, it could throw them off completely. Those models have what used to be called "it" and they are doing something right and they're not going to change because someone shows up in their room and doesn't like something, and their regulars would probably be unhappy if they did.

Cam modeling is an art, not a science. The fact is that finding your regulars, and especially finding your whales, has a lot to do with chance. There are many beautiful, fun models with good personalities on a site like MFC, but there are not all that many whales. Those whales often concentrate in a small number of rooms, because competition with other whales for admiration is part of the attraction of a place like MFC. That means that there is a natural limit to the number of models who will find those whales and be very successful, and why you find models going sub-1k around the middle of the first page. No matter how much excellent advice a model gets, and no matter how closely they follow it, nothing is going to change that.

In the meantime, a lot of the more successful models are already the types who do a lot of thinking about their profession and are already reading these forums, or live-show.ru or adultvideochat.ro or some other forum and passing around tips among themselves, as you can see from the posts here, Frankie's blog, etc. They're not waiting for God's gift to cam models to come out of the blue and steer them straight.

While a nice list, it doesn't really offer much actual advice or suggestions. It does read like a list of demands. It would have been much better if there was some research and guidance behind it. For example: Don't charge 5000 tokens to get naked. Ok, how much should they charge? What's the average? What can they expect to get? You touched on this aspect with number 2, but I would have taken it much further. In Frankie's post, her links do this very well.

Sevrin said:
There are some valid points, but you obviously go to models' rooms like you came to this forum, that is to say, knowing nothing and making a lot of assumptions of how the world should be. We were all young once. *sigh*

A lot of your complaints seem to have to do with the more popular models, and don't apply to the ones who have less busy rooms. Successful models play to their regulars. Regulars know what to expect. They are the source of the bulk of most successful models' tips. They have often spent months visiting a model and they like her and her quirky ways, which is often what got their attention in the first place. They have their rhythm and if they change even one thing, it could throw them off completely. Those models have what used to be called "it" and they are doing something right and they're not going to change because someone shows up in their room and doesn't like something, and their regulars would probably be unhappy if they did.

Cam modeling is an art, not a science. The fact is that finding your regulars, and especially finding your whales, has a lot to do with chance. There are many beautiful, fun models with good personalities on a site like MFC, but there are not all that many whales. Those whales often concentrate in a small number of rooms, because competition with other whales for admiration is part of the attraction of a place like MFC. That means that there is a natural limit to the number of models who will find those whales and be very successful, and why you find models going sub-1k around the middle of the first page. No matter how much excellent advice a model gets, and no matter how closely they follow it, nothing is going to change that.

In the meantime, a lot of the more successful models are already the types who do a lot of thinking about their profession and are already reading these forums, or live-show.ru or adultvideochat.ro or some other forum and passing around tips among themselves, as you can see from the posts here, Frankie's blog, etc. They're not waiting for God's gift to cam models to come out of the blue and steer them straight.

One thing is for sure that web cam modeling is an art with forever changing medium but it is also a science and all suggestions are helpful. Sometimes too many suggestions can be overwhelming (just like a large token goal to get nakey) but worth considering nonetheless.

I appreciate all the comments on AFC and especially Amber for creating a place for all of us to share and learn about each other!

Happy perving everyone!

XOXO
Scarlet Raven
Twitter @ScarletRaven69
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/ScarletRaven

Sevrin said:
The fact is that finding your regulars, and especially finding your whales, has a lot to do with chance. There are many beautiful, fun models with good personalities on a site like MFC, but there are not all that many whales. Those whales often concentrate in a small number of rooms, because competition with other whales for admiration is part of the attraction of a place like MFC.

When you started talking about whales I was thinking as a loungemember for a second rather than "whales" as a term models use...I was awfully confused for a second lol.

This really does read like a list of demands :?

Being I just woke up and feel grouchy I could get all RAWR about it, but honestly I think the OP had good intentions :)

One thing to consider though, cam models are human. Some members like to see them bitch/moan or cry because its real.

I just want to add yes it is our job to be entertaining and all that but I have been dancing and giggling, being sweet and interactive and still gotten the silent room of death. I am human and when that happens I get a little irritated and do say something about it. That makes me real whether the members like it or not. :twocents-02cents:

Yeah to me it sounds like a list of grievances and demands.

Camgirls are their own business and just like with approaching any business, you have to decide if they're the right fit for you. If you're hiring a personal trainer, or a photographer, or someone to come work on your house, you go chat with many and decide on one based on your chemistry with them and how well you like their work. Camming should be no different. Every girl runs her room the way she see's fit and its up to YOU to pass through their room if you aren't a fan. Not post a huge list of things that you don't enjoy to see in a girls chatroom. I don't think any girl is going to listen to any guy on here about how to do her job...we all have our own style, we all require a certain amount of tks before doing something and we all make the own flow to our room. If ya don't like it, move on. :twocents-02cents:

SpexyAshleigh said:
Yeah to me it sounds like a list of grievances and demands.

Camgirls are their own business and just like with approaching any business, you have to decide if they're the right fit for you. If you're hiring a personal trainer, or a photographer, or someone to come work on your house, you go chat with many and decide on one based on your chemistry with them and how well you like their work. Camming should be no different. Every girl runs her room the way she see's fit and its up to YOU to pass through their room if you aren't a fan. Not post a huge list of things that you don't enjoy to see in a girls chatroom. I don't think any girl is going to listen to any guy on here about how to do her job...we all have our own style, we all require a certain amount of tks before doing something and we all make the own flow to our room. If ya don't like it, move on. :twocents-02cents:

Well said!! :clap:

Whenever a guy comes into my room and starts telling me how I SHOULD be doing things, I tell him there's already plenty of girls doing that so I'm sure he could just exit my room and go find one of them ;) If what I'm doing/listening to/charging/saying/whatevering is disagreeable, MFC is so large that it's not difficult to find someone doing what you do want. And for everyone that complains, there's usually plenty of people who like what the model IS doing. Members are different, and models are different. Different people like different things and if we all acted exactly the same I think it would take a lot of fun out of it for the members.

I guess it's easy to be a pro at something you'll never get to try to do yourself, eh? :handgestures-salute:

JickyJuly said:
I guess it's easy to be a pro at something you'll never get to try to do yourself, eh? :handgestures-salute:
Hah I was thinking the same thing. Dexter makes some good points, but there can't be super cut and dry guidelines in this line of work. The bottom line is to have some common sense, as well as a bit of business sense, while still being yourself. It's impossible to please everyone all the time.

hmmm.....Guess I will add my :twocents-02cents:

First, because I didn't see anyone else here do it, I want to say "Hello and Welcome to the forum" to the OP. Sheesh people, where are the manners??

While reading the original post, I do remember seeing alot of models doing exactly these things. And yes, I do perv.(yes, on the models that tend to be on the first page and this applies more to them) I am a cam model, but sometimes I am also a viewer who will tip other models.

I can see how a model may see it as a list of demands, but frankly, I am going to take this as an observation from a viewer and something for us, as models, to consider. If he is only trying to help us models, then why get defensive? Anyone trying to help fatten MY wallet, I am not going bash. ;)

JickyJuly said:

:lol: that was good.

I will say that after reading this extensive "list" I will have to agree that I see a lot of these things in some models rooms, and weirdly it works well for them. I see tons of models do a count down; then if you want a better view well that's another count down. I personally find it to be obnoxious because members have already paid for what they thought would be a GOOD show. Now you are telling them it costs more to see a show like what they were expecting. I however can say I am WRONG because I see lots of VERY successful models do this and make double what I do. I suppose you CAN do things that I personally don't agree with and be more successful then me.

I do about 98% of the things on the list because to ME that's what I would want if I were a guest in a models room. I however don't know how to "hustle" lol. So as GREAT as your list is to YOU it's not really how models make a lot of money. Now this doesn't work for every model but a LOT of models are successful at doing the opposite of what your list says they should.

I am in full agreeance with everyone who said that being a cam model is an ART. It's different for each models room and they have found something that works for THEM. So it's probably MUCH easier for you to save your time and energy and find a model that suits your needs as opposed to trying to "help" models by changing the way they work. Why fix it if it's not broken?

PS- Spelling and grammer suck when I am sick. Please ignore typos and errors lol.

Holy fuck that comes across as an emo rant to me :lol: I'm going to give it more response though :p
Your entire post seems to only take into account one thing - you. What is best for you. Not her, you. You may be trying to imply that your post is what is best for her, but it isn't. Is it.

Don't overprice your topic - fair enough, but DO stay naked the ENTIRE night once you are naked (4)
What planet are you on? :roll: Who are you really thinking about here? Your cock... not her living, obviously :roll:

Drop all clothing and get naked in pvt/grp quickly? :roll:
There is nothing in the rules about performers having to get naked whatsoever, although in a private they should let you know if they won't! However, it is your responsibility to agree/ascertain what the performer first! They try to cater for everyone, and everyone's show/style is different - so try communicating first. You sound very demanding.

"Don't take pvt/grp during a countdown" (16) :roll:
Whilst I agree as the count down nears the end, it is all relative to the room at the time. What happens if the count down isn't going anywhere and yet she has people asking for private and people clicking group because they want it? According to you she should forsake those to sit waiting for people to tip up? Let her handle her clients as she wishes. Respect other people's desires if they're paying too... you aren't the centre of the universe, believe it or not.

Honestly, whilst you have some valid points - get the fuck off your high horse :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Think about someone else other than your own enjoyment - starting with hers, and then her regulars. After all...her regulars know what she is like, and she knows what her regulars like.

and why you think you are too important to put it in a thread dedicated to issues already is beyond me :roll:

From my point of view, this post was pretty funny. I'm sure it was meant with good intentions but it could have been done better. Thanks for trying to help models out though. I'm sure there are a bunch out there that need this help.

Zoomer said:
Holy fuck that comes across as an emo rant to me :lol: I'm going to give it more response though :p
Your entire post seems to only take into account one thing - you. What is best for you. Not her, you. You may be trying to imply that your post is what is best for her, but it isn't. Is it.

Don't overprice your topic - fair enough, but DO stay naked the ENTIRE night once you are naked (4)
What planet are you on? :roll: Who are you really thinking about here? Your cock... not her living, obviously :roll:

There is nothing in the rules about performers having to get naked whatsoever, although in a private they should let you know if they won't! However, it is your responsibility to agree/ascertain what the performer first! They try to cater for everyone, and everyone's show/style is different - so try communicating first. You sound very demanding.

"Don't take pvt/grp during a countdown" (16) :roll:
Whilst I agree as the count down nears the end, it is all relative to the room at the time. What happens if the count down isn't going anywhere and yet she has people asking for private and people clicking group because they want it? According to you she should forsake those to sit waiting for people to tip up? Let her handle her clients as she wishes. Respect other people's desires if they're paying too... you aren't the centre of the universe, believe it or not.

Honestly, whilst you have some valid points - get the fuck off your high horse :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Think about someone else other than your own enjoyment - starting with hers, and then her regulars. After all...her regulars know what she is like, and she knows what her regulars like.

and why you think you are too important to put it in a thread dedicated to issues already is beyond me :roll:

This x100 :thumbleft:

Reactions: JoleneBrody

In reference to the OP:

1. Captain Obvious to the rescue. There are some very successful models whose whole bit is being "rude." Not everyone's bag but as someone else mentioned, members are as diverse as models.
2. Probably true for most models; still there will be exceptions, the model whose whole shtick is being “distant.”
3. Depends on the model. Some never get naked, even in private. Different type of room. Love it or hate it. If the latter, move on.
4. Depends on what got them naked. If it’s a countdown, yeah, but if it’s “20 tkns for naked bbs,” two minutes is probably warranted.
5. Generally true, but in some cases they’re experiencing a bad connection.
6. 5000 might be perfectly natural for some models; for some not.
7. It should never “get ugly.” Just move on.
8. True, although I’ve never seen this myself.
9. Ha! Yeah, true. “ok bb, let’s go to my bedroom upstairs.”
10. True. Unless she’s a finance domme and everyone knows this.
11. Here, don’t be shy about mentioning it at the time. If you get banned, no biggy. :)
12. If no one is tipping her, then why are they hanging out? Boot ‘em all! lol
13. True. Dunno of any “specialty members” who like this.
14. Yeah, and enforce those rules.
15. Yeah, if it’s a countdown and members have been tipping substantially, going private is pretty wrong. If the tipping is slower than molasses, going private is fine, even during a countdown. IMHO.
16. Once again, depends on how fast the countdown is going.
17. Good advice, but not always that easy for all models.
18. If you’re talking about a model with a 5000+ cam score, yeah. But how many models with a cam score of 500 can get random members to buy them a new computer from Amazon?
19. This isn’t true. I’d never recommend models not show excitement over tips.
20. Depends. If it’s a member making demands and “promising” they’ll tip AFTER, screw ‘em.
21. I would agree because I generally hate the music playing--by the time it goes from the speaker, bounces around the room and enters their mic, and then traverses many levels of the internet to your computer, it’s horrid quality. Most member own computers, so they can play their own music. But here, we can’t make assumptions. MANY members love for the model to play music.
22. Just consider it a conversation maker--unless it’s all they ever talk about every day. :)

Zoomer said:
Actually, I seem to recall their being a rule at some point stating that in a private the model should be naked within the first minute (unless different is desired by the member).

Keithy said:
Zoomer said:
Actually, I seem to recall their being a rule at some point stating that in a private the model should be naked within the first minute (unless different is desired by the member).

From the MFC wiki:

There are no set rules for what a model must do in a private show. This is entirely up to the model and the member.
Nudity is customary in private shows so if the model does not feel comfortable with nudity she is required to tell the member within the first minute of the show.
Models should keep in mind that private shows are very expensive so delaying the show or asking for additional tips may be considered rude.

Frankie said:
Keithy said:
Zoomer said:

From the MFC wiki:

There are no set rules for what a model must do in a private show. This is entirely up to the model and the member.
Nudity is customary in private shows so if the model does not feel comfortable with nudity she is required to tell the member within the first minute of the show.
Models should keep in mind that private shows are very expensive so delaying the show or asking for additional tips may be considered rude.

Frankie to the rescue. I think in the past it might have been a little more strongly worded than that. Perhaps before there were a lot of never nudes on the site.

Keithy said:

What about the one-minute men though? :think: Surely if that rule was enforced, everyone would lose a heck of a lot of money due to the freeloaders that get off on the naked girl before one minute and then scram before anything is paid?

1. Don’t piss off your viewers; we don’t like being jerked around when we are paying for your time.

Some members do... also, sometimes I will retaliate if a member is making me upset. I'm only human you know, and there's only so much I can take.

2. (Probably the most important to be successful) Be involved with your viewers and build up some type of a relationship with your regulars. Many viewers will tip you just for the company even with your clothes on. Also use something like Twitter or Facebook to communicate with your followers when you’re off cam.

Um, facebook is starting to have facial recognition, so I actually recommend any model who has a facebook make it very private. I deleted mine altogether because it was a personal one that some members found.

3. Don’t only get naked in group or privates unless you have a good reason not to. We want to see what we are paying for first. Do a countdown to get naked and then stay naked for a while. None of this 2 minutes and then it’s time for another countdown BS.

It states very clearly in my profile that if you want a preview, 200 toks gets you a 5 minute preview, or you can contribute to the countdown and get a 10-15 min preview, 30 min if it was the big one. But then again, I'm getting naked every 300-400 tokens, and absolutely no one pays me if I'm naked. No tip chimes if I'm naked, and no group show or private show. When I used to get naked for the night, it was like the guys were afraid of taking me away from the room to get a show, and couldn't remember how to use the tip button. I like chilling naked, really I do, but I do need to make a bit of money or my camscore will drop like a stone.

4. Don’t constantly put your clothes back on and make guys tip to get naked again. This gets old fast so do a countdown and stay naked the rest of the night.

See my answer to 3

5. Don’t constantly leave; going offline every X amount of time will have your viewers going to someone more consistent. I at least one model that starts to build up a room and then leave for no reason and without saying anything before she goes. Their one minute and gone the next should be her cam name.

There's a reason we nicknamed MFC "many fucking crashes". Just because you didn't get kicked off MFC doesn't mean the model didn't- their servers are crashing all the time, and sometimes it's only one server that goes down. Plus, at the moment, my connection is horrible. Internet cuts out on me every other week!

6. When doing a countdown, be reasonable. 5000 tokens just to get naked is first off going to take you forever to complete and second is not even close to being reasonable to your viewers.

I've had guys get upset with me for requiring 1000 for a shower show. What they don't realize is how much it costs me to do a shower show in terms of time, laundry money, and the water bill going up. They expected me to do it for 300 toks... not realizing that after the show I make nothing. And again, if I don't make a certain amount of money, my camscore is gonna fall.

Every model is different. Some models can make 5000 tokens in an hour, some models are lucky to make that in 10 hours. Me, about half the time I make 1000 tokens in a couple hours... and sometimes I never reach it in a night.

7. After your tippers have completed a countdown give them what they paid for. No one likes a second countdown for what we just paid for. Under no circumstances should you leave after a countdown has been completed. I’ve seen models do this and even your most loyal fans will turn on you in a second and it gets ugly fast.

I agree with this one, but I can understand that models who do it tend to actually get what they asked for. My thing is what do I do when I reached a countdown to get naked, and then have a guy want to offer me the countdown again to get redressed?

8. If you’re doing a countdown for a group show, make sure that your viewers know that ahead of time and keep it listed in your topic. It’s not fair to get all your viewers tokens to then go; “ok time for group” when they already gave you a few thousand tokens for a show.

Yeah. I totally agree with that.

9. When doing a group or private show, please be ready before you start. I can’t list how many times I have gone into a group and the model is still sitting there doing nothing for the first five minutes.

Agreed.

10. Dragging out a group or private by taking 15 minutes just to get naked is rude. Do I really need to say more about this? Groups and private shows aren’t free and most viewers are not made of money these days. If we are actively paying for something then get with it or your viewers will just leave.

In the rules it does say that if we're going to take more than a couple minutes, we need to say so. But if you don't ask us before we get the private message, how are we to know you wanted a private? But in group... dude, it's only 10 toks a minute. Are you really going to be that upset that you spent 50 tokens watching me do a striptease that I charge 200 for in public? (I take about 5 minutes to strip).

11. Don’t stop in the middle of a cum or some other show to respond to everyone that tips or PM’s you. This applies especially if you’re in a group show.

I agree with Nordling about this, but I also agree with you. On the flip side- if I'm about to cum, tipping me is a good way to drop me back before I cum... good if you want me to delay my cum, bad because it makes me dizzy x.x

12. If it’s a slow night and no one is tipping get over it. No one wants to hear a model bitch every 2 minutes that we are cheap and threatening to go to bed or whatever if we don’t tip her.

Bitching every two minutes? yeah, not much fun to be around. But bitching about it for a couple minutes once an hour... why the hell not? Wouldn't you bitch about it for a couple minutes every hour if your job was being slow and you got bored? My room is fun when people tip. Most of everything fun requires tips. Anything else is just me dancing and teasing. And I get tired fast...

13. Don’t yawn and bitch that you’re bored or tired. It’s the models (your) job to keep things going and fun. If you don’t participate your viewers won’t either and they probably won’t tip.

Okay... but if the viewers aren't participating it's hard to tell if they're enjoying what I'm doing. I have danced for 10 minutes and come back to a room full of people being incredibly silent, and then had absolutely no one tip for me to flash.

14. If you have special rules for your room post them in your profile. Most models bitch at the new guy because he doesn’t follow her rules when there is no way for him to know them in the first place.

On the flip side- it's also good for members to READ the profiles. But many members don't want to do that.

15. To me it is just common courtesy for a model to tell her room that she is either going offline, going private or starting a group show. Many models will jump right into a private during a countdown and never say anything to her room.

I try to say something to my room. Did you know that when the group/private thing comes up, it counts the spacebar as accept? So if I'm typing in pm and suddenly disappear to a pvt, it's because I hit spacebar right when teh damn thing came up. Pisses me off too actually, because I *like* telling my room I'm about to and invite them to spy if it's open.

16. Building on the last item, put off privates and groups till after a countdown and its reward is completed. I don’t have 5 hours to wait for you countdown to get finished.

If the countdown is only just started, or I haven't had a tip for it in awhile, yeah I'll go private. But get this- all those tokens I get while in private COUNT TOWARDS TEH COUNTDOWN, unless otherwise specified by the person who took me private. So, I can reject the private and maybe get the countdown finished in an hour or two, or I can take that private and get it finished much sooner.

17. Take some time to adjust your cam and lighting. I know there is info in the models only section about this.

Agreed. Please note: if you use manycams, then you can adjust before you get on camera, but if you don't, then you'll have to do it after your feed has started. (also OP- note that we can't before the feed is started unless we're using manycam or some such). Models, a bit of advise, if you use energy efficient lights, turn them on 15 minutes before you cam, so they'll be all the way bright when you adjust your camera. Otherwise, your camfeed gets messed up by the time they're done.

18. If your cam or computer sucks ballz get a new one. Put it on your amazon wish list if you can’t afford it. You need quality tools to do your job right or people won’t like what they are getting.

Might not be as easy as you think... I got lucky and had the best cam I could when I started already. But fuck if I've ever had enough spare cash lying around for a new computer that would be up to par.

19. Fake reactions over any tip amount or saying the same thing every time you get a tip is really annoying so stop it already. This includes crying over a huge tip. If you’re not starving broke I see no reason to cry.

Really? If someone just gave you something you've been dreaming about but never expected you would ever get, you wouldn't cry? And yeah, i'll fake the excitement if I'm in a blegh mood- it might get others to tip me and get me out of the blegh mood.

20. Don’t expect something for nothing and then get pissed at your room from no one tipping.

I mostly agree with this, though Nordling brings up a good point. There have been days where I get no one in my room but "do it then I'll tip" people. I don't do it before you tip, because in my first 2 months, I did it for about 200 people, and out of those, 5 actually tipped after.

21. Most viewers would rather hear your voice then whatever music you want to listen to.

The site rules say we must have sound at all times. Unless we're going to be talking for 8 hours straight, that means we should have music playing. But I do agree that it shouldn't be a level for a model to have to shout over it.

22. You’re going to get capped on a daily basis. Eventually one of these videos is going to show up online for download. Figure out now how you’re going to deal with this now and don’t come into your room talking about how mad and violated you feel. You have been forewarned.

I know I'm going to get capped. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Whisperly said:
Keithy said:

What about the one-minute men though? :think: Surely if that rule was enforced, everyone would lose a heck of a lot of money due to the freeloaders that get off on the naked girl before one minute and then scram before anything is paid?

On MFC you're paid as soon as they've been in there for 1 second. on streamate, it starts paying after 30 seconds.

However- you're absolutely right. The minute men do make there be an incentive to not get naked until a certain point.

Status
Not open for further replies.