AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tax question! Please help!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2018
Hi! So, I have an account on a cam site but I do not want to use it so that I can avoid documentation of money made because my parents still claim me as a dependent, so I don’t want to deal with the taxes. If my friend and I do shows together while logged into her account, so that all the money made is in her name only, will I be able to avoid having to file taxes? Thanks for your help!

Do you have roads where you live? A police force? Schools?

Hmm, if I'm not mistaken, you have to be verified in order to broadcast, even if you are on your friend's account. I know this is certainly the case on Chaturbate. This *could* connect a 1099 filing toward you, but possibly not so long as the money is 'going to your friend'.

Just be careful - playing around with the IRS is no joke. I hate to say it, but if you're a dependent, you might want to reconsider camming until you are filing your own taxes. Regardless of whether or not *you* report your income to the IRS via a 1099, you very well could have one mailed to you if your address has been filed under your verification.

I see this a lot - cammers worried about taxes because they are dependents. My ultimate recommendation is that you should wait until you are filing your own taxes to do stuff like camming, unless you're OK with your parents knowing about it. Good luck

Reactions: Wolf_3_5_9

That's beside the point. OP clearly stated that their parents claim them as a dependent, therefore taxes are paid. They likely don't want to tell their parents that they're camming and can't be claimed as a dependant anymore, which is a super common thing people ask about here.

Ok. No problem.

I was just making a blanket statement on why she should pay taxes. Not try to get out of paying taxes.
I suppose we interpreted the OP differently.

If your friend is going to pay all the taxes, she'd need to keep 50% + at least 1/5 of the 50% you make. If you're that worried about it, why not just find another job until you're free to be on your own with things?

Hmm, if I'm not mistaken, you have to be verified in order to broadcast, even if you are on your friend's account. I know this is certainly the case on Chaturbate. This *could* connect a 1099 filing toward you, but possibly not so long as the money is 'going to your friend'.

Just be careful - playing around with the IRS is no joke. I hate to say it, but if you're a dependent, you might want to reconsider camming until you are filing your own taxes. Regardless of whether or not *you* report your income to the IRS via a 1099, you very well could have one mailed to you if your address has been filed under your verification.

I see this a lot - cammers worried about taxes because they are dependents. My ultimate recommendation is that you should wait until you are filing your own taxes to do stuff like camming, unless you're OK with your parents knowing about it. Good luck
Thank you for your thorough reply!

Yeah I understand that taxes are necessary to keep society funcitioning as we know it. I have a regular job lol I’m a pharmacy technician so I do pay taxes already. Camming would not become a full time job, I would probably only do it like 2 or 3 times a month with my friend just to make some extra spending money.

Reactions: Nikola Tesla
Status
Not open for further replies.