AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Teen wilderness therapy programs

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad's house every other weekend. When we were extra bad, all summer. I knew how to field dress a deer, skin it, and properly butcher it by the age of 8.

My dad's house every other weekend. When we were extra bad, all summer. I knew how to field dress a deer, skin it, and properly butcher it by the age of 8.
WOW...by the age of 8! I got two takeaways from that: 1. You'd be pretty handy to have around if someone got lost in the wilderness. 2 Don't piss you off. I make it a practice never to piss off a woman who is handy with a knife. :happy:

Reactions: AudriTwo
WOW...by the age of 8! I got two takeaways from that: 1. You'd be pretty handy to have around if someone got lost in the wilderness. 2 Don't piss you off. I make it a practice never to piss off a woman who is handy with a knife. :happy:

i also know how make snares. we used to do it for fun.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I guess the wilderness programs here in Denmark are not like the wilderness programs in the United States where parents hire goons to drag out their child in handcuffs and legirons only for them to be isolated in the wilderness for 8-12 weeks. I saw to my horror that there are quite a number of teenagers who have died in these programs. In Denmark wilderness programs are not for troubled teenagers. They were banned after some scandals and because research showed that they have no long-term results.

Reactions: Magnolia
Reactions: Guy
I previously only had heard of equestrian rehabilitation ranches which I do know of someone who had been to one. From what I can tell it did not make them a better person in the long run.

I guess the wilderness programs here in Denmark are not like the wilderness programs in the United States where parents hire goons to drag out their child in handcuffs and legirons only for them to be isolated in the wilderness for 8-12 weeks. I saw to my horror that there are quite a number of teenagers who have died in these programs. In Denmark wilderness programs are not for troubled teenagers. They were banned after some scandals and because research showed that they have no long-term results.
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/...ss-boot-camps-take-tough-love-too-far/375582/

Nope. I wasn't a difficult kid, and I grew up in the country, so I learned a lot of things you'd learn on hunting trips from listening to my parents talk while going on hikes together. I got sent to art and science classes during summers, but I never camped till I was in my twenties actually, because my parents were the over-protective types. Also turns out I love camping.

I have to pause and remind myself that this means "Cognitive Behavioral Therapy" and not "Cock and Ball Torture".

Every. Time.

i also know how make snares. we used to do it for fun.

Sounds like my friend's dad. His dad taught all of his kids to hunt, fish, clean what they caught along with wilderness survival. My friend's sister absolutely hated it though...

Not every "troubled teen" program does this. Just like not every program will work for every troubled teen. Some are able to productively work with counselors to work through issues, and change their behviour.

Then, there's troubled teens where no matter how much you do to help tem, they simply refuse to change. They learn the system, what to say, how to act, how to do things just right to get out as quickly as possible and get back to whatever it was that they were put in there for. My sibling was one of these. In and out of treatment programs from the age of 12 on up. Even as an adult being court-ordered to treatment centers, &/or prison due to multiple felonies.. Very long story cut short, I'll simply say that 30+ years later, they've willingly changed their habits and are doing much better.

Real medical conditions aside, typically unless a person wants to change, they won't. Such as with my sibling, they learn to work the system.

I have to pause and remind myself that this means "Cognitive Behavioral Therapy" and not "Cock and Ball Torture".

Every. Time.
I must have led a sheltered life. You could ask me 100 times what CBT stood for and I would never say cock and ball torture. At least before now. In fact, those three words would most likely never appear together in a thought I had, let alone a sentence.

• Funny!
Troubled or not I spent most of my childhood and early adolescent summers at grandma's to help with keeping the veggie fields and feeding the animals. No Internet, sleeping on the dried grass, rebellious geese pickering on my legs and WC outside were some of the perks I've grown to miss. I haven't been instructed on the art of skinning deers, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.