AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Addictive Qualities of Tipping Camgirls

• Thread starter Deleted member 72761
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
I’m addicted to coffee and trying to cut down. I went to my fav coffee shop and sat there and smelled the coffee and read my book and enjoyed the ambiance. It was really hard not to buy a cup of coffee.. I really need to work on my self discipline

(It’s not even a good comparison because baristas are not actively performing for you)

so this may spell the end of my adult cam model adventures.
Oh the horror . . . :jawdrop:

Oh well, I guess we’ll all just have to survive without you :rofl: Thanks for warning us.

I've been a registered member of this forum and Chaturbate for approximately one month. I was an anonymous CB viewer for years prior to this. Once I registered, bought tokens, and began tipping, my dopamine levels and addictiveness to the site skyrocketed. Early on I sampled lots of rooms, did a few privates, and explored my newfound tipping ability. Ultimately I became a fan of a specific studio which features a variety of models. They follow a schedule which I quickly learned, as well as what type of shows occur at each shift. For about a two-week span within the last month I was in the room every day, often multiple times based on my availability and who/what the room focus was. I developed a cordial relationship with the regular models and was always eager to meet new faces. They greeted me when I entered the room and they provided a good product that I was happy to tip for.

So what is the issue? My entire life became consumed with this experience. When I was at work I wondered who would be online when I got home and signed in. Since the models rotate it was always a surprise. When I'd wake up I'd check to see who was doing what, even if I didn't enter the room. I'd get home on my lunch break and do the same. Every time I got the chance I'd sign in to chat and tip, even if I had no sexual desire at all. When I was in the mood I had no issue requesting privates, sometimes thrice in one day.

As I quickly discovered the toll this was taking on my mental, emotional, and financial health, last weekend I committed to taking one week off. During this week I developed a plan for returning, including a set budget, time limits for privates, and other general rules I need to follow if I want to continue supporting my favorite room. Last night I returned to the site and saw some of my favorites models, including my newest favorite, and man is it so hard to not fall back. I did a private, but I had planned that from the beginning. I was happy to see my virtual friends again and they expressed the same about me (and my tokens).

I can see how easily one can become incredibly addicted to tipping sites to where it becomes unhealthy. Having models respond directly to your (tip) requests is quite a rush and hopefully you get a good show out of it. The system reminds me a bit of Vegas- token tip sounds, spin the wheel, lights and noises that respond to your actions, etc., and they make it so easy to buy more tokens in mere seconds.

As for me, had I not taken that week off I might have headed into a downward spiral of multiple facets. As of today, all is well so long as I stick to my plan. The purpose of this post is more or less to serve as a PSA from the viewer's perspective to beware of negative addictive aspects of camsites that can take control of your life. I'm a proponent of and supporter of these sites so long as all involved ensure their personal health (esp. physical, emotional, financial) isn't jeopardized in the process.
So addiction is mental health issue you have. No need to be worrying others who probably wont have experiences like this. Find yourself and addiction therapist and get help. Other things that help are compulsion therapy, and even a general therapist

You visited your favorite model and enjoyed her show, but you chose not to tip?
I think it depends on how you read the post. I read it as him tipping "almost immediately" i.e. almost as soon as the show started. It could also be read as he "almost" tipped immediately which suggests he nearly did but managed to resist. It could be read either way I guess.

The laptop I use specifically for these types of services seems to have encountered an issue where the mouse pad no longer works properly. I tried cleaning it, but it didn't help. Sometimes I can't get the cursor to move, sometimes it randomly clicks, sometimes it works fine then malfunctions. Whatever the issue is it complicates the experience so much that dealing with it isn't worth it, so this may spell the end of my adult cam model adventures.
Dramatic much? Get a USB mouse.

I think it depends on how you read the post. I read it as him tipping "almost immediately" i.e. almost as soon as the show started. It could also be read as he "almost" tipped immediately which suggests he nearly did but managed to resist. It could be read either way I guess.

Yeah, well that’s how I read his post. Pantops is a big boy, and I’m sure he can speak for himself, misterical…

Reactions: Miss_Lollipop
I'm always surprised to learn people don't have one to begin with, I have a backup Logi still in its clamshell packaging.
I tend to rest & drag my fingers (when not using the "mouse") so touch-pads on laptops have always been my bane.
And that clitoris thing that some laptops back in the day had hiding amongst the g and h area of the keyboard was no-where near as much fun to play with as the real thing :rofl:

So I like a "real" mouse.

You visited your favorite model and enjoyed her show, but you chose not to tip?
"I almost immediately convinced myself to spend tokens on the show" meaning I immediately bought tokens to spend on the show.

I’m addicted to coffee and trying to cut down. I went to my fav coffee shop and sat there and smelled the coffee and read my book and enjoyed the ambiance. It was really hard not to buy a cup of coffee.. I really need to work on my self discipline

(It’s not even a good comparison because baristas are not actively performing for you)
Except the equivalent in this example would be actually buying a cup of coffee just like I spent tokens on the show.

Except the equivalent in this example would be actually buying a cup of coffee just like I spent tokens on the show.
Oh good! You ..said the opposite?

Just re-read what you wrote.. it's the "almost" that tripped us up. I think we all read it as "I almost bought tokens" when you meant "I bought tokens almost immediately"

Reactions: yummybrownfox
I don't even want to know how that happened, or why your first thought was to clean it.
I assumed dust and finger grease built up since I've had it for several years and never cleaned it.

Oh good! You ..said the opposite?

Just re-read what you wrote.. it's the "almost" that tripped us up. I think we all read it as "I almost bought tokens" when you meant "I bought tokens almost immediately"
I said I almost immediately convinced myself to spend tokens on the show, 'almost' referring to the immediate time, not the act of buying.

I read it as he tipped ASAP too, but I thought he said it as if it was a bad thing that he spent money on a model.

I'm sorry but the that's the vibe I'm getting from this and it's tiresome And in poor taste. I get it that self-control with spending is a real issue for many people but going on in a thread about it in reference to tipping models on a site where many people earn from modeling? Hello!!

No need to be worrying others who probably wont have experiences like this.
There's an entire subforum dedicated to this type of thing, but I didn't post there because I didn't find my problems to be that severe.

I find it interesting that a fellow male respondent understood it as I intended in that I immediately tipped, whereas the female model respondents understood it as not tipping.

I get it that self-control with spending is a real issue for many people but going on in a thread about it in reference to tipping models on a site where many people earn from modeling? Hello!!
Grateful someone else said this, because I was sure as hell thinking the same thing. Sorry palmtops it just seems such a bizarre choice.

Reactions: ArcticKitty
Grateful someone else said this, because I was sure as hell thinking the same thing. Sorry palmtops it just seems such a bizarre choice.

Yeah, really! OK, fine, saying that camsite addiction is a thing and saying that it's been a costly habit personally isn't bad and may be helpful to others. But this saga of self-restraint has been going on and on.

Just what is the message and who is it for here? I don't think he is implying that everyone providing personal services is setting out to prey on people's addictions. But that's an undertone that I can infer,.

"Don't tip so much" is the bare minimum connotation I read from this thread. Umm...yeah, and preach it in ACF.

Yeah, really! OK, fine, saying that camsite addiction is a thing and saying that it's been a costly habit personally isn't bad and may be helpful to others. But this saga of self-restraint has been going on and on.

Just what is the message and who is it for here? I don't think he is implying that everyone providing personal services is setting out to prey on people's addictions. But that's an undertone that I can infer,.

"Don't tip so much" is the bare minimum connotation I read from this thread. Umm...yeah, and preach it in ACF.
Yep same exact take I get/ have gotten too. Context can mean a lot.

I'm just writing about my experiences as a personal record and in case it can help someone. Honestly I didn't think anyone else was reading this as it seemed like until today no one except me had commented here for weeks.

Several people shared insightful observations in this thread. They were brilliant and they were writing in an effort to be helpful. I really don't see how one could possibly miss that.

Yep same exact take I get/ have gotten too. Context can mean a lot.

Thank you, @MarieElise ! I was cranky (one of those days) when I posted but it is about the context and especially the choice of venue.

As an aside, I don't remember if it was already mentioned in this thread, but given that it's actually camsites that try to foster addiction and willfully enable it, shouldn't that be highlighted Instead of focusing on models?

Thank you, @MarieElise ! I was cranky (one of those days) when I posted but it is about the context and especially the choice of venue.

As an aside, I don't remember if it was already mentioned in this thread, but given that it's actually camsites that try to foster addiction and willfully enable it, shouldn't that be highlighted Instead of focusing on models?

I'm gonna be real as a person who struggles with addiction myself too, it's really about him. Plenty of people use these sites in moderation. It's a pretty well known thing that lots of people with addiction struggles try to avoid taking any responsibility, at least early on in treatment and realizing that they have them. This whole thread is more a mental health/ addiction thread imho. I don't see how trying to sell a product is fostering addiction. Although if you give me specific examples of how they "try to foster addiction" I'd be willing to consider them.

I'm not down at the cheese factory complaining because I got 10 extra pounds, and I feel like they forced me into shoving all that cheese down my throat? That's on me. And I don't want to shut down the cheese factory and try to ruin the enjoyment others have of it, because I shoved too much in my face. Hope my stance here makes sense, put bluntly as it is, because I'm busy with other stuff. I think it's great this guy seeks support for his problems, but I think this is an unwise and foolish place to be doing it. Put bluntly.

Last edited: