AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The fine line between inspiration and copying.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Auri Amos

Inactive Cam Model
Sep 12, 2015
Twitter Username
@auri_amos
Tumblr Username
auri-amos
MFC Username
Auri_Amos
Hey guys,

Hope you are well. I'm a newish model (about a month now), though I'm still trying to get a hang of everything. I have spent a lot of time watching other models and reading up as much as I can on multiple forums as many suggest. Though now that I have begun to create my own content and put it up for sale I have hit a bit of a wall . I find it hard to find original ideas for shows and videos mainly because there is already so much out there from other girls. I will think up of something really cool only to find out anouther model has already come up with that idea, or I will see a model do a great show and I might want to try something similar out. I don't want anyone to accuse me of stealing ideas or content and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what to do. Where do you guys draw the line between inspiration and copying?

Thanks for the help,

As a person who enjoys being able to purchase videos of my favorite models. I really don't think it would be copying another model unless you were just point by point doing the exact same thing they did. Meaning if they had some kind of say school girl video with dialogue and then you did the same exact video shot for shot and word for word. Just doing a similar style video isn't copying at all in my book. Your fans are going to purchase the video because you are doing it. They literally will not care who else has done it before or after you. If copying were an issue there would be a lot less Slave Leia vids out there LOL.

Changing anything makes it inspiration, not copying.

I think of it as the 'recipe' scenario. Almost any recipe you can think of you'll find numerous versions of it out on cooking sites. For example, meatloaf, there's thousands for it alone. But if you look at them they all have some minor differences. Take any one of them and change the amount of an ingredient, get rid of something you don't like, or add something else to it, you've just created an entirely new recipe that could be posted the same as everyone else has. Anyone accusing you of just copying their recipe probably doesn't understand they themselves could be accused of the same thing if that nonsense were valid.

Get ideas, make them your own in some way, and then don't worry about it. Just laugh off the naysayers.

If it involves you donning a fake pair of animal ears, blacking out your nose, and painting cute little whiskers on your face, then I would steer clear. It has been done to death.

Everything else is fair game imho.

If it involves you donning a fake pair of animal ears, blacking out your nose, and painting cute little whiskers on your face, then I would steer clear. It has been done to death.

Everything else is fair game imho.

Or the ohmibod. OhmiGod don't do that one! :banghead:

All great advice. I agree with most of the posts, which is a bit of a relief. By what I saw in several places some girls tend to get very aggravated when newbies "steal" from veteran models.

Or the ohmibod. OhmiGod don't do that one! :banghead:

I totally agree with you. The ohmibod has become more of a joke than much else.

Use common sense. General show/video/theme ideas are pretty straightforward and no one can claim that you're stealing from them. Using the exact theme as someone else, though, is stealing, in a way. For example: @Miss_Lollipop has her "pound puppies" as a club on her profile. You can make your own club, with its own perks and cutesy name, and proudly show that on your own profile without anyone getting upset. However, if you knowingly named your club The Pound Puppies (or even something extremely similar like Canine Cuddlers) and used the same titles (Alpha Dog & Lapdogs), then it would be shitty. Use it for inspiration for your own club with rewards.

Just use common sense.

• Make all of your own graphics (I found that a model had uploaded a graphic I made onto her MFC profile for a raffle, and she couldn't understand why I was frustrated about it. She didn't even change the dates on it, even though the time had passed.) :facepalm:
  • If it's extremely similar to something that another model did in the past or is currently doing, send her a message asking if she minds if you use the idea. Most models are ok with it. (@SweetDee did a "Vote to choose which Superhero's girlfriend I dress up as!" type of promotion. I liked the idea, and asked her if she minded me changing it to be me dressing up as the Hulk or Batman. She gave her permission, and I promoted her a bunch during that month. Every few days, I would tell the viewers that I got the inspiration/idea from her and recommend they check her out.) It's a win-win for both of you if they do give you permission since you can promote them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.