AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The lounge?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's true, though, the Lounge really is a cess pool of misery and woe. I go in there occasionally just to see who/what is being talked about, but I feel like I kill brain cells every time that I do.

Heh, I like lounge guys. I get lots of dudes tipping me and being cool from the lounge. I mean, yeah, lots of asshats in there, but I think that's the vocal minority and that most guys in there are just normal cool dudes seeing what's up...silently, lol.

Every once in awhile I'll say hi to the lounge and I sometimes meet some pretty cool people when I do.

I like one lounge feature: browsing online Models I don't know. You can check out their room for sound and if they are feeling good or if they seem personable. For me the chatter/posts in the lounge are akin to watching a member's webcam, which I've tried doing because I wanted to check out the features on MFC and see what, if anything, is going on-- basically it seems like a lotta Member's egos being stroked :) (and, dudes!, If you got the will and the presence---fucking go for it! No judging by me---I wish I could but I just can't)

I did have a model once ask me to post her link in there and I did it and she might have gotten a bump in attendance in her room but I don't know for sure...really tough to tell.

I do like the idea of grabbing emotes...I am so lame at emotes.

I like one lounge feature: browsing online Models I don't know. You can check out their room for sound and if they are feeling good or if they seem personable.

Yes! This is one advantage of the lounge. I get to discover new models that I like!

Reactions: JerryBoBerry
First thing I do when I hit the lounge is disable the chat.

HOW? I feel like there is some stupid obvious answer to this that I haven't been able to figure out. I've even said to a few others "Man, I wish I could disable the chat in the lounge." hoping that they would respond with how to accomplish such a feat, but no.

On the right side above the list of members in the room is an " options " button, click it then check the box that says " hide chat room "

• Helpful!
Reactions: DeadCamzzz
hmm, maybe it's the name change option that enables at 1k points, been a long time since I have had a new acct
I do not remember the number, but after a certain point you get to pick a custom color instead of one of the small selection everyone has. I doubt many people even notice I do not use the default green choice though, and I spent valuable seconds picking it out.

• Funny!
Reactions: TacoBelle
Honestly, I never been interested in the lounge. To me it's just a waste of time when you can always go into a models room and strike up a conversation with not only the model but some of the other people as well.

There's plenty of times where I want to watch a model, but I don't want to talk. If her room count is low, I'd be sitting there silently, because I play video games while I'm on MFC all the time. So, I use Lounge 10k all the time. 10k is consistently a trash talking place. There are two certainties in 10k.

1. Someone will trash talk one of my model friends while I'm in there, so I have to mute him/her to avoid jumping into the fray.
2. When ParisLovely logs on, they become obsessed and not in a good way.

There's plenty of times where I want to watch a model, but I don't want to talk. If her room count is low, I'd be sitting there silently, because I play video games while I'm on MFC all the time. So, I use Lounge 10k all the time. 10k is consistently a trash talking place. There are two certainties in 10k.

1. Someone will trash talk one of my model friends while I'm in there, so I have to mute him/her to avoid jumping into the fray.
2. When ParisLovely logs on, they become obsessed and not in a good way.

L10K, the room where I've put more members on ignore than all the other rooms combined.

Reactions: DuoShi
I remember when MFC first opened the Lounge 1K it was usually 10 - 20 members in there and everyone was really friendly because we were in an exclusive " club " lol, everyone would go to other guys fav models to have fun, and sometimes we would find a cute girl with a low camscore or looked like she was having a bad day and do a " room raid " where we would all pop into her room and start tipping and joking around, but after I left MFC for about a year or so, when I came back L1K was full of angry guys and the " room raids " had turned into a mean spirited thing....... so sad.

Reactions: LunaLore and Gen
I remember when MFC first opened the Lounge 1K it was usually 10 - 20 members in there and everyone was really friendly because we were in an exclusive " club " lol

I kinda feel like I missed out on the glory days of mfc, but then again, I wouldn't know the people I know now back then,,,,soooo who knows. I've only been on one year to this day and I am way outshined by the dudes from 2011 (a big year fer sure...that class rules!). I dare not even talk in the lounge, 1k, or 10k....just because I don't have the 'bro' code down. But it sounds like it was once fun. It would have been fun to be a part of a group effort to make a person's day.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
Another thing about the lounges - Leo does go into Lounge10000 and ask people what they think about design changes to the site. He's in there right now doing that.

I like the lounge so I can browse models easily just by hitting the "next" and "previous" links. As has been mentioned it gives me an idea of the vibe in the room and some idea of what the model is like, physically and socially without logging in and logging out all the time. If I find one I like I'll enter the room from the lounge.

I also use it to tip models if I don't feel like going to the chat room right then. I frequently tip with no demands/requests and the lounge makes that simple, i.e I think they are cute or interesting but I don't intend to visit the room that day.

The model gets the tip normally but won't see you in the room. The last one I did murmured " where are you watching from Omne"? It was a new model. I sent her an offline note telling her I was in the lounge, along with an offline tip

I mute the chat for the most part or at least ignore it and move it over to the side. I consider the lounge to be very, very useful if used correctly.

The lounge has always scared the bejesus out of me as a model and as a member... As a model, because I don't like that people are talking about me and I don't know what. As a member, because it's kind of overwhelming at first I suppose. Though, I didn't really ever mute the chat function. I'll have to try that sometime.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
One place funnily enough where you are totally irrelevant

You don't seem to think that when you routinely try to talk to me on any of my other accounts. Well, I should say 'bitch about all the models' to me.

berry I don't really care how many accounts you have that can access L10K but you clearly show you skulk around a lot.
Don't bother me fella but at least I attribute what I say to who I am, unlike you.

That moment when a thread is bumped after being quiet for a whole year just so someone can heat some beef with another member...

ess6W8Q.gif

That moment when a thread is bumped after being quiet for a whole year just so someone can heat some beef with another member...

He's also making sure the L10K knows he posted and any replies about it too. It's probably the only attention he gets in his life. He craves it. Kind of feel sad for him.

chrome_2017-01-05_12-41-03.png

chrome_2017-01-05_12-42-02.png

Ppl will trash talk anyone. It's human nature to gossip sometimes. No need to feed into it. If reg wants low stars, they could be jealous and don't want you to have more exposure b/c they think you'd forget about them or something. Thinking they're your "Day 1" lol. Maybe they could've been sarcastic about it and the other didn't understand.

All I ever hear about the lounge is if someone says they promoted me in there. Don't know. Don't check. Don't mind.

If someone says bad things about you anywhere, you'll just keeping being you and prove to yourself (and no one else) that it's not true.

This is some forumception going on.

I've used the lounge occasionally, mostly from a curiosity point, and then from a "this is useful" point. I've found a few lower camscore models that I really like because of it. They're really sweet and honestly if they were more consistent they'd be way more successful.

Reactions: SoTxBob
Lmao I once had a guy who tried to "promote" me in the lounge in exchange for free shit. I was new and was like go ahead and promote but he never got shit for free. That kinda told me all I needed to know about the lounge.

I got like 1 person in my room from it and they didn't even pay. :angelic:

you're liable to find any topic under the sun being talked about in 1k lounge.
There are indeed people interested in actual discussion, and sometimes it will even occur. Most of the time it's just models being linked and regulars saying "hi" to eachother. L20 scrolls too fast. L10K feels like a dubious distinction I might not cop to were I even eligible.

Main reason I use a Lounge vs chatrooms: models who take offense at lurkers. Some will ban you if you dare use their room (or PM window) to watch them without chatting.

The lounge has always scared the bejesus out of me as a model and as a member... As a model, because I don't like that people are talking about me and I don't know what. As a member, because it's kind of overwhelming at first I suppose. Though, I didn't really ever mute the chat function. I'll have to try that sometime.
Models do the same thing on stripperweb. Talk shit about male customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.