AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The (negative?) impact of regular big spenders in rooms

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh I’m sorry - with my screenshot I didn’t mean to do anything.

Just to add to the forum debate :)

Ohh I’m sorry - with my screenshot I didn’t mean to do anything.

Just to add to the forum debate :)
No harm, you brought up another nuance so I chimed in on my experience with those kinds of fan appreciation things.

Reactions: Maxi_P
I don't do public shows either (Just flashes, and small '5 minutes naked' goals...I do other stuff in private), and have never used the club show option. But I'd definitely like to try the club shows in the new year! In the past I've done the group show option, and it just wasn't worth it for me (10 tokens/minute). I got the cheap guys who stayed in group for less than a minute, and expected too much. Not worth it for only a total of a couple bucks (if even that) in my pocket.
I've had the exact same experience w group. I thought I might be able to make it worth it with pacing, but I'm so shitty w time. Only a model who was great with time could pull that off. Wasn't worth it to me. Too boring trying to talk and strip like what felt to me like a sloth (that's just a ADHD thing). My legs start twitching like a donkey if I try to slow down that much, not even kidding, and I know that isn't sexy. I'm guessing models must use that feature for huge groups only, or for like clothed voyeur shows or something.

I’m just being
No harm, you brought up another nuance so I chimed in on my experience with those kinds of fan appreciation things.

Ahh okay, understood thanks.

I’m not even a member of her fan club - I asked the question and she told me “you don’t bother because you support your everything anyway.”

I’m happy to support anyway I can.

Awesome, I like you too. :) Sorry if I am curt today in my wording. It's my mom's 70th birthday and I haven't seen or spoken to her in 10 years. So, meh. I should go do some yoga or something.
Dude, no worries - happy birthday Vixzen81’s mom! 70!

Meh, it happens. Just think of yourself and how you’ve come.

Do some yoga, chill, relax. Best thing :)

I don't do public shows either (Just flashes, and small '5 minutes naked' goals...I do other stuff in private), and have never used the club show option. But I'd definitely like to try the club shows in the new year! In the past I've done the group show option, and it just wasn't worth it for me (10 tokens/minute). I got the cheap guys who stayed in group for less than a minute, and expected too much. Not worth it for only a total of a couple bucks (if even that) in my pocket.
It's cool that you can still do that. I find it crazy how many models (including myself) are having getting more explicit to get tips. One model who lurks in my room was NN with sexy NN cum shows now does public nudity and penetration. The model friend that convinced me to start camming was nude with non-penetration cum shows in public and other stuff only in private is now doing light penetration and anal in public. Both are def getting tips more frequently, oddly I'm still not. But, then again, the male model rooms I lurk in generally don't either. 🤷‍♂️

Hm... that was just a little-ish off topic. Sorry...

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
It's cool that you can still do that. I find it crazy how many models (including myself) are having getting more explicit to get tips. One model who lurks in my room was NN with sexy NN cum shows now does public nudity and penetration. The model friend that convinced me to start camming was nude with non-penetration cum shows in public and other stuff only in private is now doing light penetration and anal in public. Both are def getting tips more frequently, oddly I'm still not. But, then again, the male model rooms I lurk in generally don't either. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, but I never said I get tips frequently. 😂 That would be nice.

I would do that for anyone who bought me an expensive gift out of the blue, cam life or personal life. Perhaps it's my upbringing, my parents always had me write detailed thank you cards to everyone who sent me a present for birthday/Christmas. But I do feel it's the polite thing to do. It's not that I owe someone proof, but I feel it's common decency to show your appreciation for their generosity. Especially when that generosity was given without conditions attached (e.g. "buy me a sexy lingerie set and get a photoset of me wearing it in return")

We're obviously talking hypothetically here because like I said, no one has gifted me anything more than coffee/drinks. But if they did, I'd wanna send a picture to show me wearing/using/enjoying.

No, no, I wasn't thinking of showing your appreciation. It's the getting the flowers or jewellery or the high street spa day that you don't actually have your heart set on.

Reactions: Sashacurves
I get that there are nuances and complexities to each situation, but all this complaining and bitching about big tippers who at the end of the day are providing the model what she is there working for is looking very petty, jealous and quite unsupportive of your model "friends"

It just strikes me as pointless drama and frail egos. The OP was a reasonable question though.

Last edited:
It just strikes me as pointless drama and frail egos. The OP was a reasonable question though.
I'm sure frail male egos are a huge part of the tipping culture on token based sites anyway. In my case I got my knickers in a twist (rightly or wrongly) about the way I felt I was treated by the new arrival. I was more than likely being overly sensitive. It was as much a surprise to me as anyone else as usually this stuff is like water off a duck's back with me and I'm always happy when she gets big tips.

Predictably, he seems to have vanished as quickly as he appeared which I'm led to believe is a bit of a standard operating model with these guys.

I'm a bit old school about common courtesy and decency. I'm fast learning that those kind of standards don't always apply in this context. I don't frequent the busier token based sites so this was my first real exposure to a whale.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArcticKitty
I'm sure frail male egos are a huge part of the tipping culture on token based sites anyway. In my case I got my knickers in a twist (rightly or wrongly) about the way I felt I was treated by the new arrival. I was more than likely being overly sensitive. It was as much a surprise to me as anyone else as usually this stuff is like water off a duck's back with me and I'm always happy when she gets big tips.

Predictably, he seems to have vanished as quickly as he appeared which I'm led to believe is a bit of a standard operating model with these guys.

I'm a bit old school about common courtesy and decency. I'm fast learning that those kind of standards don't always apply in this context. I don't frequent the busier token based sites so this was my first real exposure to a whale.
How much did he usually tip her anyway?

How much did he usually tip her anyway?
Hard to tell because I'm not one of these guys who is present in a models room for lengthy periods but definitely a few hundred dollars at a time (in terms of ending a broadcast anyway). I've certainly seen him put a couple of hundred dollars away in various tips when I've been there. I'm aware that's probably not big money for some people on other sites but I don't think I've ever seen her be tipped that much by one individual in one go before. Good for her. I stupidly got my nose out of joint over a perceived slight. Seems a bit daft now.

It's like anything in life really. Sometimes you can get a bit too close to a situation and overthink it. Before you know where you are you've blown it out of all proportion and failed to take the other person's viewpoint into consideration. Sometimes it takes a wee bit of distance to be able to see that and wind your neck in.

Reactions: Sashacurves
yep. Told ya

And in that context, can you blame a model for riding that wave as long as it is there?
No, and I never did. I just got a bit hacked off over how I felt I was treated, which I shouldn't have done as I don't even know the guy so why should it matter.

Reactions: MarieElise
No, and I never did. I just got a bit hacked off over how I felt I was treated, which I shouldn't have done as I don't even know the guy so why should it matter.
it was more of a rhetorical question.

Models definitely have every incentive to roll with big tippers - he may leave at any time and if they start to cause cause trouble then that can be dealt with later

I was asked by my favourite model to buy her (via tokens) a Domi 2.

Guess what? A few days later it arrived and we’ve had loads of fun with it since.

Win-win!
For the tip activated toy tips, I always buy the toy because it'll be a huge ROI. If I'm having a bad income month, I'll do an extra show specifically for the toy tokens. Usually works out quite well especially when I make the goal 4,000 tk, lovense is having a sale and I have affiliate links for lovense. Covers the toy, taxes, and I still make a bit for bills.

Reactions: Maxi_P
This is why I would always rather give tips than buy wishlist items. I can't help but imagine a scenario where she's worried about whether she'll make rent that month or not and then a dildo shows up at her door.
Well, I would still be happy to get a dildo, because it can potentially increase my earnings.

Other items from my wishlist not related to my work, like a scratching post for my cats for example would make me happy too regardless of my financial situation when receiving them. They desperately need a new one and I keep having more urgent things to spend my money on, so it would actually be amazing to get one. Point is the things I put on my wishlists are things I actually need and/or want and I believe it's very nice to receive something that you might not be able to get for yourself (or your pets 😉) because of worrying whether you'll make rent or not.

For the tip activated toy tips, I always buy the toy because it'll be a huge ROI. If I'm having a bad income month, I'll do an extra show specifically for the toy tokens. Usually works out quite well especially when I make the goal 4,000 tk, lovense is having a sale and I have affiliate links for lovense. Covers the toy, taxes, and I still make a bit for bills.

Yep, makes total sense!

Well, I would still be happy to get a dildo, because it can potentially increase my earnings.

Other items from my wishlist not related to my work, like a scratching post for my cats for example would make me happy too regardless of my financial situation when receiving them. They desperately need a new one and I keep having more urgent things to spend my money on, so it would actually be amazing to get one. Point is the things I put on my wishlists are things I actually need and/or want and I believe it's very nice to receive something that you might not be able to get for yourself (or your pets 😉) because of worrying whether you'll make rent or not.
You are right and thank you for bringing it up. I know personally I have a hard time buying myself certain things because I think they're a luxury or other things are more important, and then someone else buys it for me and I am extremely grateful and I am so glad. I actually didn't have a microwave for 10 years or so until someone bought me one and even though I didn't "need" one I have been very foolish to go without one for so long.

There's also the matter that moneywise it has more impact, as I can buy a wishlist item for someone when they wouldn't be able to themselves with an equivalent tip because the website gets its cut.

I just know a specific situation where someone didn't have enough money for groceries and a Domi got delivered, and I think of that. It was one of those things that was good in the long term but in the moment was a cruel irony. But you're right and I am rethinking my stance!

You are right and thank you for bringing it up. I know personally I have a hard time buying myself certain things because I think they're a luxury or other things are more important, and then someone else buys it for me and I am extremely grateful and I am so glad. I actually didn't have a microwave for 10 years or so until someone bought me one and even though I didn't "need" one I have been very foolish to go without one for so long.

There's also the matter that moneywise it has more impact, as I can buy a wishlist item for someone when they wouldn't be able to themselves with an equivalent tip because the website gets its cut.

I just know a specific situation where someone didn't have enough money for groceries and a Domi got delivered, and I think of that. It was one of those things that was good in the long term but in the moment was a cruel irony. But you're right and I am rethinking my stance!
I didn't realise there were like 2 more pages of this thread when I was posting my response to you, so I'm glad it was well received and not a case of "wtf is she on about, we've changed the subject 5 times since then".

Status
Not open for further replies.