AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The (negative?) impact of regular big spenders in rooms

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would probably leave those rooms. Lol
and I did.

and I won't go back, even though I do like the model. Too many shenanigans tied up in the room dynamics. It is just not worth it. I don't go to these sites to do battle with whack job users

Actually, that's not completely true. I will check back on the model's room in a month or so to see if the same stuff is happening

Reactions: Taxistheft
Usually I don't just tip for the whole goal all at once. I'll tip from menu. Things to maybe attract and encourage others to participate. And if this lasts a long time without others helping she will remove the goal when its almost complete. I assume so some other person can't just tip 10tk to get a show. Lol

I’ve seen popular/top models have “no cum for 24 hours/cum deny” on their tip menus, and people will tip for that right before a cum show.

However, they almost always also have an option to “reverse cum deny” on their tip menu, and someone else in the room usually tips for that or the original tipper ends up tipping for the reverse later on during the show.

I’ve seen popular/top models have “no cum for 24 hours/cum deny” on their tip menus, and people will tip for that right before a cum show.

However, they almost always also have an option to “reverse cum deny” on their tip menu, and someone else in the room usually tips for that or the original tipper ends up tipping for the reverse later on during the show.
The way to make a show out of a cum deny (the way I always did it) was turn it into an edging show. Still get the 'show' but no orgasm. It's still entertainment/sexy

In this particular case it is about making a huge show out of "I support the model but I am too high class to ask for the sex stuff that the goal entails" and enforcing that on the rest of the room. One time I beat this dude to the punch on a goal and as soon as she started the goal he took her private to stop it. It was very dysfunctional
Fucking hell. Very dysfunctional.

I think this thread has established some big tippers are assholes. Lol. Ultimately I guess the model still gets paid. I guess that's really what she does this for. Of course ignoring small tippers to pander to some asshole with a big ego is risky. But I guess only the model can decides how best to make that money.

I had an interesting experience with this in the last month or so. I am the big tipper in the room of a model. We have a good relationship, and she and I both enjoyed me coming in and dropping a huge tip and clearing a bunch of goals at once. She liked surprises, I liked making her shout in surprise. But after a while though, she DMed me with a problem, which is that her previous regulars and other tippers had changed their tipping behavior. On nights I regularly was in the room or when they saw me come in, they would stop tipping because they knew I would clear all the goals for the night. The room would go dead. Frustrating for her because she's not making as much as she should, and frustrating for me because being detrimental to how much she's getting tipped is not my intention at all and makes me very upset.

What we ended up doing is that I changed my user name (not just for this, I had other reasons) and started attending her room as more of a regular tipper and tipping more strategically, and just make up the difference in offline tips. I'll admit it's not as enjoyable to me as the way I'd get to see her laugh and her cheeks would turn red as tomatoes when I dropped a big tip before, but it's more important to me that she's recouping those tips that dried up. And when the regulars asked about me she told them I'd moved on.

Honestly my least favorite thing about token sites are the other users. The dramas and the weird behavior like this. I didn't tip to deny goals, I wasn't possessive. I actually almost never participated in the chat, and got uncomfortable when some members would thank me or be weirdly worshipful when I showed up. I think I'd much prefer one of the more personal or private sites but I didn't know about them when I started, and I have a connection with this model so I'm not leaving the platform unless she does.

I think I'd much prefer one of the more personal or private sites
Agree with this (not for you, I mean as a member for myself too). Same way I would have dealt w the situation if I were her, and had a cool communicative member, willing to work w me too. Smart model.

ETA; Do a lot of models on MFC not know/ use the club show option? I know when I started to learn the site more, that started to be an option I took really seriously and utilized. That way I never have to do a public cum show. And freeloaders simply can't watch a show someone else paid for. I mainly use MFC for the private show options when I'm on there, I rarely do public shows.

Last edited:
I had an interesting experience with this in the last month or so. I am the big tipper in the room of a model. We have a good relationship, and she and I both enjoyed me coming in and dropping a huge tip and clearing a bunch of goals at once. She liked surprises, I liked making her shout in surprise. But after a while though, she DMed me with a problem, which is that her previous regulars and other tippers had changed their tipping behavior. On nights I regularly was in the room or when they saw me come in, they would stop tipping because they knew I would clear all the goals for the night. The room would go dead. Frustrating for her because she's not making as much as she should, and frustrating for me because being detrimental to how much she's getting tipped is not my intention at all and makes me very upset.

What we ended up doing is that I changed my user name (not just for this, I had other reasons) and started attending her room as more of a regular tipper and tipping more strategically, and just make up the difference in offline tips. I'll admit it's not as enjoyable to me as the way I'd get to see her laugh and her cheeks would turn red as tomatoes when I dropped a big tip before, but it's more important to me that she's recouping those tips that dried up. And when the regulars asked about me she told them I'd moved on.

Honestly my least favorite thing about token sites are the other users. The dramas and the weird behavior like this. I didn't tip to deny goals, I wasn't possessive. I actually almost never participated in the chat, and got uncomfortable when some members would thank me or be weirdly worshipful when I showed up. I think I'd much prefer one of the more personal or private sites but I didn't know about them when I started, and I have a connection with this model so I'm not leaving the platform unless she does.

I sometimes wonder if my tipping does this.

Yeah, I have been that guy too for a couple models and realizing you have that impact can put a dent in something that otherwise is an amazingly good experience

I will say, though, some of the most fun times I have had on Stripchat have been when myself and another guy willing to spend start to work together to hit the model's goals. It is great for me because we can go a lot further and faster as 2 users vs one. And obviously it is great for the model because her earnings are being at least doubled (often more so because both users are getting into the tip frenzy). Sometimes when a room sees 2 big tippers they feel more like it is a party than if one is just dominating things. In that case, you start to get more modest tippers getting into the act and start tipping too. So you get this really fast paced environment that is really hot and exciting. I try to cheerlead this stuff in rooms where I am a knight because I think other users might listen if they just figure it is a knight doing "knight things"

When it works, it is a really good time.

Agree with this (not for you, I mean as a member for myself too). Same way I would have dealt w the situation if I were her, and had a cool communicative member, willing to work w me too. Smart model.

ETA; Do a lot of models on MFC not know/ use the club show option? I know when I started to learn the site more, that started to be an option I took really seriously and utilized. That way I never have to do a public cum show. And freeloaders simply can't watch a show someone else paid for. I mainly use MFC for the private show options when I'm on there, I rarely do public shows.
She is one of the smartest people I have ever met in my life.

Regarding the club show option, this particular model is on CB where I think the closest thing is a "crazy ticket show" where only members who pay for a ticket get to see the show. I'd asked her about them before and she prefers public goal shows because she wants to grow her audience, and those generate more followers for her who may tip down the road.

But after a while though, she DMed me with a problem, which is that her previous regulars and other tippers had changed their tipping behavior. On nights I regularly was in the room or when they saw me come in, they would stop tipping because they knew I would clear all the goals for the night. The room would go dead. Frustrating for her because she's not making as much as she should, and frustrating for me because being detrimental to how much she's getting tipped is not my intention at all and makes me very upset.

I had a similar thing happen with one model. In my case, the model didn’t ask me to change my tipping behavior. But she did talk about the loss of other tippers. I started modifying my approach to see what might bring the other tippers back to life.

In my case, I never changed usernames or stopped tipping. I did stop visiting her public shows for a couple weeks on two different occasions, which seemed to bring a few new guys out of the woodwork. (I think some of this model’s other regulars won’t even visit unless they see a clear opening to have the model’s attention, so if a known good tipper is in the room, they don’t hang around, let alone tip.)

I started utilizing private shows more often (to avoid the expectation that I’d always fund a public show goal). I’ve been keeping my time spent in private reasonable (no marathon private shows that end the model’s availability for the rest of the day). My total amount that I tip this model is still about the same. And when I tip in public I tend to tip for menu items here & there, but no constant “walls” of tips. So far it’s working out better, in terms of variety of tippers.

Mind you, I don’t think it’s a good tipper’s obligation to bend over backward to figure out how to tiptoe around other member’s hang-ups. Nor would I do it in most cases. But this model was my longest-running “regular” visit, so I wanted to try to help.

Mind you, I don’t think it’s a good tipper’s obligation to bend over backward to figure out how to tiptoe around other member’s hang-ups.
Excited Lets Go GIF

ETA; I notice a lot of differences on MFC in how the average Member is behaving based on back in 2015 when I was on there. A lot of guys in my room are tipping but not having it go toward the room goal. I don't ever remember that happening much in the past, but now its really common. I get more guys doing that, than actually tipping toward the group goal. I assume that's because they don't want to fund lurkers. Tbh though I dont even know if that was something guys could do back in 2015, in terms of site features. And it's not my main site, so I'm still learning all the functions and options.

Last edited:
If the model wants to she can go out and buy it herself. Tip menu items like "flowers" "coffee" "coctails" "dinner" etc are all meant for a little appreciation and a treat for the model -if she wants to ultimately buy those things. Maybe that week she's struggling and she'd rather spend those earned tokens that were tipped for a coffee and dinner to pay a bill. None of your business one it leaves your hands.
I did not mean that she "has to" as in she is obligated to, I meant that she "has to" as in if she wants it, the site is not going to buy it so it's up to her to buy.

I am a firm believer that once anything that anyone gives to anyone (whether in cam-land or vanilla-world) becomes the the property of the recipient and they can do whatever they want with it.

I started utilizing private shows more often (to avoid the expectation that I’d always fund a public show goal). I’ve been keeping my time spent in private reasonable (no marathon private shows that end the model’s availability for the rest of the day). My total amount that I tip this model is still about the same. And when I tip in public I tend to tip for menu items here & there, but no constant “walls” of tips. So far it’s working out better, in terms of variety of tippers.

This is more or less what I've been doing. Tip for menu items when the room is slow. Tip to clear goals but only when other tippers have pushed it at least halfway there. Contribute to walls of tips when someone else has started one. Basically be unobtrusive but help keep things flowing.

Mind you, I don’t think it’s a good tipper’s obligation to bend over backward to figure out how to tiptoe around other member’s hang-ups. Nor would I do it in most cases. But this model was my longest-running “regular” visit, so I wanted to try to help.

Same here. I don't think it's my obligation, I find it irritating, and I wouldn't do it EXCEPT we have a connection I feel sentimental about and I want to help.

That's what would bother me because a gift is a gift so why should someone need "proof"? I feel bad that you would feel a need to do that.
I would do that for anyone who bought me an expensive gift out of the blue, cam life or personal life. Perhaps it's my upbringing, my parents always had me write detailed thank you cards to everyone who sent me a present for birthday/Christmas. But I do feel it's the polite thing to do. It's not that I owe someone proof, but I feel it's common decency to show your appreciation for their generosity. Especially when that generosity was given without conditions attached (e.g. "buy me a sexy lingerie set and get a photoset of me wearing it in return")

We're obviously talking hypothetically here because like I said, no one has gifted me anything more than coffee/drinks. But if they did, I'd wanna send a picture to show me wearing/using/enjoying.

I would do that for anyone who bought me an expensive gift out of the blue, cam life or personal life. Perhaps it's my upbringing, my parents always had me write detailed thank you cards to everyone who sent me a present for birthday/Christmas. But I do feel it's the polite thing to do. It's not that I owe someone proof, but I feel it's common decency to show your appreciation for their generosity. Especially when that generosity was given without conditions attached (e.g. "buy me a sexy lingerie set and get a photoset of me wearing it in return")
Same as above. Are you from Britain too? That's a huge part of British culture.

I get that there are nuances and complexities to each situation, but all this complaining and bitching about big tippers who at the end of the day are providing the model what she is there working for is looking very petty, jealous and quite unsupportive of your model "friends"

I get that there are nuances and complexities to each situation, but all this complaining and bitching about big tippers who at the end of the day are providing the model what she is there working for is looking very petty, jealous and quite unsupportive of your model "friends"
Lordy, I wish I had a big tipper for users to complain about!

My fave model posted this on her profile earlier this year which really made me smile:

14D7D975-85EC-484A-898E-ED2731294500.jpeg

I know I’m explainabragging but damn, support your fave model as much as you can!

Reactions: Vixxen81
My fave model posted this on her profile earlier this year which really made me smile:

View attachment 94837

I know I’m explainabragging but damn, support your fave model as much as you can!
I stopped doing stuff like that because people would complain if I didn't update it immediately or forgot but I have something in my mind for the end of the year for a few special people.

Not everyone wants their name in lights either. That's how I sell my fan club memberships.

Joining hides their daily tip number while revealing everyone else's by their user name. Also makes sure that I don't know if they are dark blue, purple, or dark purple. It also gives them the ability to PM me whenever the heck they want.

And having multiple fan club members in the room at one time boosts my page rank.

I stopped doing stuff like that because people would complain if I didn't update it immediately or forgot but I have something in my mind for the end of the year for a few special people.

Not everyone wants their name in lights either.

Yeah, I’m sure different members have different thoughts about it. I am never fully comfortable being put on blast for high tipper status. Especially when it’s done off platform (such as screenshots that include my username posted in IG stories, which has happened a few times that I’ve noticed).

I appreciate that the gesture comes from good intentions, so I never complain about it to a model, but it makes me cringe a little when it happens. Again, just my personal reaction… others may vary.

Yeah, I’m sure different members have different thoughts about it. I am never fully comfortable being put on blast for high tipper status. Especially when it’s done off platform (such as screenshots that include my username posted in IG stories, which has happened a few times that I’ve noticed).

I appreciate that the gesture comes from good intentions, so I never complain about it to a model, but it makes me cringe a little when it happens. Again, just my personal reaction… others may vary.
It's a private thing that if anyone knew about in real life you would be made to defend or justify the desire or logic. I feel like that still applies with name drops and screenshots.

Reactions: Smoothie

I don't do public shows either (Just flashes, and small '5 minutes naked' goals...I do other stuff in private), and have never used the club show option. But I'd definitely like to try the club shows in the new year! In the past I've done the group show option, and it just wasn't worth it for me (10 tokens/minute). I got the cheap guys who stayed in group for less than a minute, and expected too much. Not worth it for only a total of a couple bucks (if even that) in my pocket.

Reactions: MarieElise
Status
Not open for further replies.