AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Opposite of Pet Peeves, Yo

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NerdgasmGirl said:
Damn it! Now I need to go make pie because of this thread!

Nordling, I grew up with a huge huckleberry bush ouside my bedroom window. One of the best things was picking them straight off the branches and eating them while they were still warm from the sun.
OMG. That'd be like living in heaven. When I was a kid, we'd drive for 50 miles or more to find just that secret spot high up in the mountains where we'd hear rumors of ripening berries...and many years we'd be skunked.

After the long drive, we'd have to hike a few miles up into the hills to find a patch, and then hope the plants actually had berries on them. This was usually in September. After picking, we'd have to carry our containers back down the hill and rush home with our treasure. Usually, this was the day we'd get dumplings for dessert and the rest of the berries would be canned...or in later years, frozen.

you know that feeling, when you're out all day and you REALLY need to take a dump but you don't want to do it in a public restroom..so you wait and you wait and you finally come home and you go into your bathroom and you take your dump....

yeah that feeling.

*grin* sorry couldn't help it :p

Miss_Lollipop said:
you know that feeling, when you're out all day and you REALLY need to take a dump but you don't want to do it in a public restroom..so you wait and you wait and you finally come home and you go into your bathroom and you take your dump....

yeah that feeling.

*grin* sorry couldn't help it :p
:lol: Or that wonderful feeling after getting out of the shower and NOT suddenly needing to take a dump. lol

Reactions: WildFingers
the feeling of laying in the grass during a warm summer night looking at the stars

Waking up feeling completely rested

That amazing feeling after completing a really good workout

First cup of coffee in the morning :-D

Oh, and wake and bake!

Reactions: LadyLuna
Nordling said:
southsamurai said:
Nordling said:
Huckleberry dumplings.

recipe pleeeeaassseee!
:) I wish I had the recipe my mom used. Years after I had left home, I asked her how she made them, and SHE SAID SHE'D FORGOTTEN! smh

Anyway, huckleberries are harder to come by now, so I generally use blueberries, which work just fine. You'll need to experiment but place the blueberries into a saucepan with a lid and with sugar and a small amount of water (the ratios are what you'll have to experiment with, what Mom forgot). Then bring the sauce up to a slow simmer and using the recipe on the side of a Bisquick box, drop the dumplings into the sauce, cover until they're done...

Serve the dumplings in bowls and pour a little top cream over them. They'll be VERY hot so give them a few minutes to cool down a bit.

Yum!

yer so right! i have a hook up where i get about a pint of huckleberries every year, and thats it, but i know what im gunna use em for!

oooo i just remembered one that i cant enjoy anymore because i cant handle the caffeine or the THC, but back in the day, smoke a nice fat blunt, let the buzz build until the cottonmouth kicks in, then pop the cap on a starbuck's mocha frappucino, ice cold. that sound alone can still send shivers up my spine. the first taste and swallow? OMMFG! orgasmic! if i could handle the chemicals i would get some herb just for that experience again

southsamurai said:
oooo i just remembered one that i cant enjoy anymore because i cant handle the caffeine or the THC, but back in the day, smoke a nice fat blunt, let the buzz build until the cottonmouth kicks in, then pop the cap on a starbuck's mocha frappucino, ice cold. that sound alone can still send shivers up my spine. the first taste and swallow? OMMFG! orgasmic! if i could handle the chemicals i would get some herb just for that experience again
I found this on the web... probably the nearest to Mom's recipe:

HUCKLEBERRY DUMPLINGS

Sauce:
3 to 4 c. huckleberries
1 to 1 1/2 c. water
1 to 1 1/2 c. sugar
Pinch of salt

Dumplings:
1/2 c. sugar
2 tbsp. butter
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. milk

Bring the first 4 ingredients to a boil. Cream sugar and butter. Add rest of ingredients and mix well. Drop into huckleberry mixture. Cover. Boil 20 minutes or until dumplings are done. Serve warm with ice cream or whipping cream.

-hickory smoke
-the first bite of beef jerky when you haven't had it in a long time
-when a cooking/baking experiment comes out RIGHT
-when your arms are full and someone holds the door
-getting a check in the mail that you didn't know was coming

Reactions: Nordling
Kawaiichu said:
Shaving your legs and getting into a bed with fresh linen, oh my gosh!

Makes me just want to roll around rubbing myself against the sheets :mrgreen:

You haven't lived until you try it with Silk linens or wearing Silk PJs!

Reactions: Rose
Stepping on the scale after months of hard work and seeing that you are only a few pounds away from your goal.

Making someone smile.

Trying a new food and actually liking it.

a random IM from someone you haven't heard from in awhile.

Reactions: bob
1 - When I'm ironing, if I manage to empty the tank exactly at the end of the last shirt, for a moment it feels like everything snaps into place.
2 - When I awake naturally 10 minutes before the alarm clock, it's a great way to start the day.

Getting every green light driving somewhere

Driving home in the summer after a midnight workout with the windows down.

Winding up on a youtube page where each song in the related videos leads me down a path to new amazing music that I've never heard before

Bad things happening to bad people

reaching into a pocket of pants I haven't worn in a while and finding cash in them

Reactions: LadyLuna
When you need to do something while driving real quick, so you get a red light to do it, but then all the rest are green.

When someone lets you go in front of them at checkout because you only have one item.

Reactions: camstory
When someone's actually listening to you instead of just waiting for their turn to speak.

This is from some movie, but it's sooo true. I don't know if it's the same everywhere else, but people my age tend to be so self-absorbed and it shows when you're talking to them.
Especially when they're not a friend, but just someone you casually talk to in school - whatever topic you're talking about, it's like they're just impatiently waiting to give you their own opinion - barely reacting to or showing an interest in what you said. :?
Is that how conversations go nowadays..? When someone's telling me a story of something they experienced, I don't want to immediately follow that up with one of my own stories o_O I actually react to what they said in some way.

So yeah, it makes me happy when I notice that somebody my age is actually paying attention when I'm talking to them.

LilyMarie said:
I don't know if it's the same everywhere else, but people my age tend to be so self-absorbed and it shows when you're talking to them.
..... it's like they're just impatiently waiting to give you their own opinion - barely reacting to or showing an interest in what you said. :?

Its pretty much the same here too.... not only with young'ns but a large percentage of so called adults [30/35+] as well...
Here I see the 'self absorption' as a bit.. no... quite rude, because many times when you are talking to a person, they get out the GD Iphone and diddle it while feigning to pay attention to whats being said. I take that as a que to save my breath.

SoTxBob said:
because many times when you are talking to a person, they get out the GD Iphone and diddle it while feigning to pay attention to whats being said.
That's an absolute no-go. Completely unacceptable IMO and one of the most disrespectful things people do on a daily basis.
I've had that happen to me 4 or 5 times in my life, and I always immediately stopped talking mid-sentence so they'd realize that what they were doing was kind of messed up.
You can use your phone when there's a break in the conversation, for God's sake...

SoTxBob said:
LilyMarie said:
I don't know if it's the same everywhere else, but people my age tend to be so self-absorbed and it shows when you're talking to them.
..... it's like they're just impatiently waiting to give you their own opinion - barely reacting to or showing an interest in what you said. :?

Its pretty much the same here too.... not only with young'ns but a large percentage of so called adults [30/35+] as well...
Here I see the 'self absorption' as a bit.. no... quite rude, because many times when you are talking to a person, they get out the GD Iphone and diddle it while feigning to pay attention to whats being said. I take that as a que to save my breath.

:thumbleft: amen
more even than even "quite rude"....that's high on the list of things a model can do (maybe even without thinking) that sure as hell is gonna remind a guy that he's talking to someone who sees him as a piece of meat, smothered in A-1 token sauce.

on the other hand.....could be that guy's karma coming 'round to say "hi" :lol

Reactions: camstory
Only read half the first page, but such a good thread.

Everything beach!
The smell of the salt surf.
Wading out into the cold Pacific on a warm day, felling the sand wash from between your toes as the water pours back from the shore toward the ocean.
Diving into the base of the first breaker you meet, swimming under and up to pop your head out the back side at the sun.
Looking out at the swells rolling in at you and trying to spot the one you will ride.
Timing it all just right so you get up top and out there on the crest, - it's like flying.
Getting out in front of it and holding your breath waiting to see if it will catch up, or if you will get rolled up in it.
And when you do get rolled up and bounced to the sandy bottom, being at home there, letting the black frothy breaker do its thing above you, then after she has passed, popping to the surface again, and looking for the next one coming in.
I miss the beach :crybaby:

Status
Not open for further replies.