AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Sims

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zippypinhead

V.I.P. AmberLander
Jan 21, 2013
Since the Sims 4 is set to drop in a couple of months, the hype machine is spinning up, and based upon a quick search, it seems there are a few fans of the franchise around these parts, I thought I'd start a thread.

I played the first Sims a lot way back in the day. I remember I finally quit, after getting an expansion that included some depressed clown that would just follow me around, crying, and would never let me sleep. I hated that fucker so much, it made me reevaluate my life's choices, and I stopped playing.

Now, EA puts the Sims 3 on sale a lot, and I'm always tempted to get into it, but being a DLC completionist, I always figure it's still a ton of scratch to drop on a game, and talk myself out of it. They sure do make it look enticing, though.

So, Sims discussion! Best version? Favorite dlc?

Thanks for that link! :D I LOVE Sims 3 and can'r wait until Sims 4! Already preordered it!

I love sims so much. It's an awful addiction. I only play it every now and then, because it can, and most likely will suck up an entire day. :lol: Sims 3 is definitely worth it. I enjoy it, at least. And a reg is getting me sims 4, and i'm super excited to try it out. The only thing I dislike about the sims is that you have to purchase the same sort of expansions for each game (sims 2, sims 3, sims 4, etc.)

One of my regs works for Sims.... >.>

There's part of me hoping I get it as a gift. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Violet October said:

Oh my goodness that's crazy! I think i may actually be jealous... I think it'd be an awesome job haha

xoxoHunter said:
Violet October said:

Oh my goodness that's crazy! I think i may actually be jealous... I think it'd be an awesome job haha
he hates it for some reason, lol. I told him I'd be fine with switching jobs. :lol: (lolnotreallyofcourse.)

Bah humbug! The Sims 2 isn't working on my computer. It crashes every time I open it. And I have a sexy gaming laptop from ASUS. Not sure why it isn't working.

I've been a huge Sims fan since it first came out but at this point I can't see myself buying Sims 4. :icon-cry: I was super bummed to find out it doesn't have pools (wut?!) or toddlers but once I found out there's no story progression (so your neighbors are basically at a standstill) I was out. I'm assuming they'll add some of those things in expansions (yay more $$ for them) so if they do I'll probably get it. I'm so sad because CAS looks AMAZING.

zippypinhead said:
I will kick off this thread by letting people know that until July 31st, EA's giving away Sims 2 Ultimate packs FOR FREE! All you need is the Origin Client to download it! WHAT?! I gotta say, EA's giveaway schemes have been pretty great lately (if you have Origin, you can get Peggle for free right now, too.)

Ah! I was just coming here to post about this, glad I looked in here first.

I've been playing The Sims since the original when I was like maybe 12? Fuckin' addicting little games. Snuck out to the computer room many a night and almost missed getting up for school many a morning because of these games. It opened up the world of PC gaming for me, which previously I didn't even know was a thing.

Currently I only have (until this download finishes) The Sims 3 + Supernatural (I had to have me some zombies), Late Night & a couple item expansion packs. Now that I'm thinking about it I might get the original if I can find it on GOG.com or something and all the expansion packs to show my kiddo the joys of being a Sims addict. :lol:

That said I'm confused about why the cut out certain things for The Sims 4. :\

Does anyone know why Sims 2 would crash when I can play things like Sims 3, WoW, Diablo. And LoL with no issues?

Reactions: zippypinhead
I'm not a computer expert by any means but I've heard from lots of people that The Sims 2 is one of the buggiest games they ever played. I got scared when I heard about it frying hard drives and uninstalled it. Maybe that's why it crashes so much?? It used to happen to me too and it's SO frustrating.

Violet October said:
Does anyone know why Sims 2 would crash when I can play things like Sims 3, WoW, Diablo. And LoL with no issues?

Your computer is probably too fancy for it. Apparently, it has problems with multi-cores and hyperthreading. Here's some common bugs and fixes, according to a wiki page, and here's a general help thread on the Sims subreddit. Now, when you state "crash", do you mean it ctds? Or do you mean it seems to freeze up and quit responding? If it's the second, I might suggest just walking away for a bit, and giving it time. I know that the first time I loaded it up, it looked like it froze for about five minutes, but it was actually just loading up all its content.

The good thing is that the Sims community is incredibly active and helpful, it seems, and now that this giveaway is happening, plenty of people are having problems, and then finding and sharing solutions. So, I'm sure that a bit of searching and fussing with it will yield results. I hope you get it working!

ADDENDUM: Another fix-it thread, from Reddit, just in case. And I would recommend just looking through the Sims subreddit as a whole, since this is the business of the day, there.

I loved Sims 3 to be honest. I really did. I didn't get any of the expansions for it except World Travel.

I was highly disappointed to hear of the major changes to 4. I feel like those were really fun parts of the game. I wouldn't of minded paying for tattoos or something. But having to pay DLC for pools? That was highly upsetting :<

I did love Sims 2 with the supernatural thing though. I would have a vampire make whoopie and have a baby. It was funnnn

Reactions: xoxoHunter
I absolutely love the Sims 3, I definitely think it's worth the money. I personally don't know if I'll buy the Sims 4. I was hoping for an online Sims game this time. A lot of emphasis seems like it's on the Sims personalities which I don't think is worth buying all new expansion packs just yet.

I'll wait and see what happens with the Sims 4 later.

Reactions: xoxoHunter
I usually try to avoid The Sims as it tends to bring out the darkness in me.

I try, I REALLY try to play the game and just build a life and be happy and successful and all that. But I get bored.

So I usually end up yanking the toilets and doors and locking my Sim in a room with a girl he is in love with so that he eventually craps his pants in front of her.

This is my usual game play:

I'll start with one sim, have him/her get married, and then have the max amount of children. Pick the one I like the most, and max out their abilities, and follow them through life. I don't think i've ever made it to the point of them having children, though... Because it had usually crashed or something like that before I could make it that far and I'd lose all of my progress. Which then told me that I was playing for too long, and needed to get off of my computer. :lol:

I always went the Disney route with the Sims I made. Always killed off one parent and made the other parent douchey and get married to a bimbo who fought with the kids.

...My brain is mean.

Reactions: Kunra9
My games are always like mini soap operas... someone cheats or dies or something. So many possibilities. My current game had a wife die and then her husband fell in love with his wife's brother. They got married and adopted kids, and then I suddenly brought the wife back to life as a ghost... to find her husband and brother now married. Lots of drama from that, haha. I get bored easily and like to think of crazy plotlines.

Violet October said:

If your internet is connected, it could be a script going bad. It happens with me too. I'm a fast clicker so I click on the Sims 2 Desktop shortcut, move my mouse where the launcher is going to pop up, and click the Start button before it has time to crash. Hasn't failed yet so far. But if you don't feel like playing Quick Draw, trying disconnecting your internet before you play. Hope I helped!

I will preorder my Sims 4 next paycheck, and I already have all Sims 2 games, and most of the Sims 3. This is the only game I faithfully play anymore, it's addicting.

Did anyone get Sims 4? I didn't and probably never will unless the expansions improve it tremendously. Every time I read a bad review online I giggle a little. That's what they get for not considering the fans and basically creating a Sims 1.5 :icon-cry:

Reactions: KylieJacobs
AudreyMyers said:
Did anyone get Sims 4? I didn't and probably never will unless the expansions improve it tremendously. Every time I read a bad review online I giggle a little. That's what they get for not considering the fans and basically creating a Sims 1.5 :icon-cry:
I was running out of things to buy with a gift card so I tacked it onto an order. I'll have it tomorrow so I'll let you know exactly how much it sucks.

Jillybean said:
AudreyMyers said:
I was running out of things to buy with a gift card so I tacked it onto an order. I'll have it tomorrow so I'll let you know exactly how much it sucks.

:thumbleft:

I just read (or rather, watched) this and these are pretty much the same complaints I have. http://www.gamespot.com/videos/4-ways-t ... 0-6421207/

I have Sims 4, I don't like it. I loved Sims 2 and thought all the features they added then were amazing. Sims 3 crashed loads on my laptop which surprisingly Sims 4 works perfectly fine on. The sims seem to have more of their own mind on this however, you can tell them to do something and they ignore it and go and do something totally random. Its harder to build houses and everything, its just weird and not right. Total let down.

I've been playing sims 4 for about a week now, I have mixed feels :/
I love love love what they tried to do with the create-a-sim, but the fact that you can change so much and still not the height bugs me, as does the fact that teens are the same height as all adults. I was never a huge fan of the toddlers in 2 and 3 (mostly because they were a pain in the ass to raise) but the jump from baby to kid feels really sudden.
The gameplay is weird, it's like it's trying super hard to be seamless, but parts of it feel more awkward than ever before.
I miss being able to customize colours and textures more than I thought I would. The ability to add pre-made rooms appeals right to my laziness, and the drag to auto-extend a room is something I love so much.
The emotions feel like a natural addition (or maybe they just do to me because my emotions dictate my every action.. :p) it's kind of a pain when sims won't do what you want because they have a conflicting emotional state, but it also feels pretty true to life.
honestly after one week I'm about ready to start playing the sims 3 again
and I'm sure once 3 has a few game ruining glitches I'll switch back to 2
I'm interested to see if EA are going to integrate some of the better features of past games into new 4 expansions, but right now I definitely don't see 4 as an improvement on earlier versions, more like a bunch of interesting concepts that could have been used to improve the sims 3 but instead were put together into a new game :/

Oh man. I used to play Sims 2 up to the 10th generation then start a new family. It took so long!
I put waaaay too many hours in that game in hs.
I actually didn't like the Sims 3 because I liked always feelin like I had control over everyone, which is hard to do when they are all over the town. From what I'm hearing, I'll either love TS4 or really hate it.
I'm waiting until there is more custom content for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.