AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Thigh Gap

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JickyJuly said:
eclipse76 said:
Sevrin said:
JickyJuly said:
If you tell a chick she has thigh gap it's hot, but if you say she has wide hips (the obvious reason for such a thing) it's insulting. Kind of proves that ads like this can fuck up our brainsssss.
Do women really consider it insulting to be thought of as having "wide hips", or as they used to be called "child-bearing hips"?
Yeah, I've never heard wide hips as an insult? :think:
I pretty much wouldn't call anything on a woman wide if I wanted her to like me.
As Sevrin said, "child-bearing hips", I've always seen/heard it as a compliment / emphasis of femininity.

eclipse76 said:
JickyJuly said:
eclipse76 said:
Sevrin said:
JickyJuly said:
If you tell a chick she has thigh gap it's hot, but if you say she has wide hips (the obvious reason for such a thing) it's insulting. Kind of proves that ads like this can fuck up our brainsssss.
Do women really consider it insulting to be thought of as having "wide hips", or as they used to be called "child-bearing hips"?
I pretty much wouldn't call anything on a woman wide if I wanted her to like me.
As Sevrin said, "child-bearing hips", I've always seen/heard it as a compliment / emphasis of femininity.

As a woman I've always heard it as an insult. Child bearing hips generally implies you're disproportionate. Also, "child-bearing hips" seems to imply "oh it'll be easy for a baby to just fall right out of you!"

Red7227 said:
MintyFlowers said:
JickyJuly said:
Thigh gap and weight aren't that related. Usually, I'm 5'5" and 110 pounds with thighs that don't touch. At 6 months pregnant and almost 30 pounds heavier, they still aren't touching. I've always attributed this to having unattractive stick legs and found the only plus to be the ability to wear corduroy pants without making noises. :lol: Girls are weird. If you tell a chick she has thigh gap it's hot, but if you say she has wide hips (the obvious reason for such a thing) it's insulting. Kind of proves that ads like this can fuck up our brainsssss.

We're the same size (well height and weight wise), but my pants still make noise when I walk. >: And I wear a size 1 or 25. ;_; Maybe it's because no booty though?

Nah, its probably just the shape of your pelvis. Jennifer Lawrence, Shakira and Lucy Liu don't have thigh gaps, so you are in very good company.

I do have a thigh gap though? My thighs don't touch when I stand normally or walk. I was just talking about how when I walk, my pants make noise.

eclipse76 said:
JickyJuly said:
eclipse76 said:
Sevrin said:
JickyJuly said:

As someone who was constantly reminded of their 'child bearing hips' growing up by both family and friends (and once a strange homeless man on the bus), trust me, it's insulting. And very creepy and disrespectful when coming from a guy.

Also on the thigh gap thing... I remember it being big when I was in elementary school. There was a test, you'd press your knees together and measure the gap in finger widths, and girls would go around testing each other. If you failed the test the you were called fat and teased. This was in 4th grade, nobody even knew why they wanted thigh gaps other than the other kids said they needed one. :snooty:

AnabelleLeigh said:
I was excited to look at tons of pictures of pretty thigh gaps :( Biggest let down of the day.

I'll bite.

My thighs do this kind of thing.

Everybody post a pic of the kind of thing your thighs do now! ;)

Attachments

• 10 (560x800).jpg
    10 (560x800).jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 367
  • 036 (648x700).jpg
    036 (648x700).jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 367
The thigh gap has SO much to do with how your standing on top of just basic bone structure too.
Example, ass out pose= thigh gap.

Leg's together to emphasis curves (more traditional pin-up posing) No thigh gap.

Thigh Gap double feature with SpankAmber! RAWR!

Thigh gap with nipple clamps!

No thigh gap!

Natural positioning of hips have a lot to do with it but a lot of the thigh gap you see online has even more to do with pose/stance/camera angle.

Attachments

• Picture 318.jpg
    Picture 318.jpg
    381 KB · Views: 347
  • 4.png
    4.png
    157.3 KB · Views: 347
  • BgN8tirCAAALV7J.jpg
    BgN8tirCAAALV7J.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 347
  • BZZnTfQCEAA2JUW.jpg
    BZZnTfQCEAA2JUW.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 347
  • BiQD0XvCcAEHpKO.jpg
    BiQD0XvCcAEHpKO.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 348
Red7227 said:
SaraXLive said:
I'm 5'9", 120 lbs and my thighs DO touch. DAMN YOU LADIES AND YOUR HIP-HAVING!!!

I've just looked at your facebook page, and I'm sure no one gives a fuck about your lack of a thigh gap. You are a gorgeous streak of a girl.

She also seems to have good taste, I just looked at her Instagram and she had on what looked like Ghostbuster pasties in one short video.

This is as close to a thigh gap picture i could find....and I am close to doing a split in the bathtube...

Attachments

• 215.png
    215.png
    611.5 KB · Views: 274
I've got your thigh gap right here. How big do you want it?

xmWnSkH.jpg

Look at this thigh gap you guys, my legs aren't spread AT ALL, Im simply built this way :whistle:

GoSybxR.jpg

Dreaf3K.gif

Seriously though, this is what mah legs do, although I believe its referred to a "keyhole" and entirely different than a thigh gap as lily pointed out a few pages back!

neAmWHw.jpg

QySerPW.jpg

My legs are massive and I get the "keyhole" type thigh gap. When I was younger and even now I wish my legs would have more of a gap between them, though that's more about their general size and shape. But I have always had really big, legs since being a child even, and when I was a child I was skinny as anything but I still had big thighs. It's just genetics. I'm not complaining, because of the muscle on them they're naturally very strong for a girl which is far more useful than having a thigh gap!

As Lily posted earlier, the picture that Boce had posted isn't the typical "thigh gap", though it's very sexy.

Personally I think all legs are sexy! Marilyn Monroe was actually extremely slim, her measurements were something like a 22 inch waist with a 36 inch bust and she only weighed about 110 pounds in her youth. They say when she rose to more like 130 pounds she was extremely depressed. People always use her as a "curvy girl" good body image, when actually even today she'd be an ultimate "ideal" figure. Tiny waist and enormous breasts! What's different about those times is women would be very slim, but not toned. Exercise for women wasn't such a big thing then, so women would still have the soft bit of fat at the top of their thighs and the bottom of their bellies, making them look a lot more curvy and less slim than today's glamour models. I think the term is now called "skinny fat".

I think that all sorts of shapes of legs are sexy, thigh gap, keyhole gap or no gap at all! As long as the person leads a relatively healthy lifestyle then it doesn't matter!

What I don't like about the whole "thigh gap" thing is that it was created not to appreciate women's bodies, but to diminish other women's bodies, and it is being used as such. The whole "thigh gap" thing is generally pretty nasty in nature, and it is being aimed at women.
I think men will see things like the keyhole gap and think that's sexy and join on the band wagon, but most men don't really understand the difference or what it means, they just see sexy legs. As the video with the highschool girls were saying, most of the boys don't care, it's a female thing which comes from the media and these facebook/tumblr pages. For most guys I think they only like it simply because you have a better view of a woman's pussy from behind.

Recently some people, I think a few guys, decided to do a spoof of the "mind the gap" thing to take the piss and see how long it'd take to go viral called "the bikini bridge" and focused on when a woman is so slim when she wears a bikini the bikini is held up by her hip bones, making a "bridge". It actually went viral and has started to become a "thing". Now I am sure there are plenty of teenage girls looking down as the sunbathe and feeling inadequate.

Eating disorders can do weird things to people's minds. My best friend had an eating disorder as a teenager and she'd look at girls that everyone else would think look disgusting (I mean girls that are beyond just being skinny and look like they should be in hospital) and she'd think they look hot and would want to look like them. Even now she still feels that girls look best when they're around 16 years old, which I think is something that's deluded seeing as she looks far better now than she did when she was 16, but I think she had more confidence then/focused on her looks more. She still gets depressed that she no longer weighs 5 stone... Even though she only weighed around that when she was a child/early teens.
One thing she'd regularly do which I'd tick her off for is she'd go on about how fat she is and how disgusting any body type other than skinny is in front of a group of girls who are all healthy size but definitely bigger than her. She didn't think of it that way, she didn't realise that in insulting herself she was giving twice the insult to those around her. She didn't have a warped image of herself, she knew she was much slimmer than I was/am. I think sometimes those with eating disorders are so focused in beating themselves up and setting these impossible standards that they don't realise it effects those around them. I think this thigh gap thing for many women is the same.

When did this even become a thing to wonder about or wish for? In all my days of looking at women, I have never once said "And look at that gap!". It's not something I really even notice and if I did it would be waaaay down on the list of things I did notice.

ILikeUonTop said:
When did this even become a thing to wonder about or wish for? In all my days of looking at women, I have never once said "And look at that gap!". It's not something I really even notice and if I did it would be waaaay down on the list of things I did notice.
Read the thread. It's been a thing for a long time.

ILikeUonTop said:
I'm just wondering when it all started. Who was the person that got it going. :lol:

I was curious too. Some say it began in the late 80's, early 90s from runway models and shows like Victoria Secrets, other sources claim it started much later around 2004. Either way, it's been the root cause of many eating disorders and and a complete enigma why women continue to strive for and promote it despite knowing it's unrealistic and very unhealthy in most cases.

Jillybean said:
There's always been things that some people find attractive and other's can't figure out why. This is just one of those things.

I'm not saying I find it unattractive or attractive for that matter. I guess I just never paid enough attention to it to even form an opinion.

Reactions: Jillybean
ILikeUonTop said:
I'm not saying I find it unattractive or attractive for that matter. I guess I just never paid enough attention to it to even form an opinion.
This!

Until this thread I never even knew 'Thigh Gap' was a thing. I've heard the phrase mind the gap but I always thought they were talking about the keyhole gap as AnaVictoriaXO called it. (never knew that name either). In fact when LilyMarie first called it thigh gap in this thread I thought she was wrong. :-D Went out to google to discover, for the first time, she was right and people actually cared about that nonsense.

To me it's just something highlighting cute parts when the pose is right. Nothing more.

I've always had thigh gap but on the opposite end of the spectrum as someone else (think 5'2" 95 lbs).

It doesn't matter if I weigh 160 lbs or 90 lbs, and yes I have been both and the 90 was not an intentional weight just a physical medical issue, and I have never not had thigh gap down to my knees. I also may currently weigh 150 lbs but like she looks larger than she actually is, I weigh 150 with a BF% of 6% and look like I might weigh 115 lbs soaking wet. Fortunately I have quite a few inches to add onto that 5'2". At almost six feet it's actually kind of weirdly intimidating trying to cam with other girls who are much much much shorter than I am. I just feel more like skinny sasquatch in the corner ha ha

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
It's kind of funny, but growing up I always had the opposite impression.
I remember watching the Howard Stern movie "Private Parts" and a scene where they would have a woman come into the studio and stand in front of them naked to be picked apart. Well one of the segments was about her thighs, and how they didn't touch and that was a negative thing that they dinged her score for, or whatever it was.

So ever since watching that when I was a kid I've been under the impression that a thigh gap beyond a "keyhole" or what the fudge ever it's called, is a negative thing.

I have no preference. Just think the differing impressions left on us as we are young is kind of funny.

Jillybean said:
There's always been things that some people find attractive and other's can't figure out why. This is just one of those things.

So true. What annoys me about people and people on the internet especially is that so many people seem to not be able to handle or understand the idea that different people have different tastes. They also seem to think that if they don't have a certain taste then it gives them the right to devalue everything else.

Just now I went on one of those "yeah she squats" facebook pages for motivation. Stupidly I read the comments. Of course there are many decent people who are complimentary without being insulting to another body type or even that body type and who tell people to just accept different types, but there are all too many who'll see a slightly curvier girl and either say something insulting about slim girls or they'll call them fat. Or there'll be a slimmer girl and they'll say "where's her ass?" or "she doesn't squat!".

The one I ended up reading a bit of is a girl who clearly if she didn't work out would probably be prone to gaining weight. As it is she's clearly got a very slim waist, probably a flat stomach, a big round bum and very strong thighs. She has perhaps a tiny bit of natural fat on her thighs and bum, but you can see the muscle and I think her legs look really nice.
There are tons of comments people saying that she doesn't squat, or that she "needs" to do more cardio, or that she "needs" to lose some more weight.
It's amazing because it's so obvious that she does squat, yet there are loads of people trying to deny that she does... Just because she's not uber skinny.

Fair enough if that's not the type of body type they like. Fair enough if someone likes someone with a big gap between their thighs, fair enough if they don't like girls with a gap between their thighs and like someone curvier. That's their choice, but why do people get so upset/angry when they see someone online who is not the sort of person they're attracted to? Is it so difficult to accept that there are different body types in the world? Is it so difficult to accept that other people might find that person attractive? It's like they get annoyed to see someone they don't fancy being sexual for other people.
I will bet that almost all of these people commenting don't go to the gym and don't have anywhere near the "ideal" body shape/look and would probably get equally disgusting responses from the public about their looks.

Reactions: LadyLuna
like some others, I had no idea this was a thing.
some year ago there was a "reality" (note the quotations please) beauty contest show about who was the most attractive (non celebrity types) in america. I don't remember what it was called nor do I feel like looking it up but the reason I bring it up now is this...
at one point a woman in a bikini was on stage being judged. the one thing that stuck out in my mind was one of the male judges said the only thing that kept her from going the distance in the comp, was 'gap between her thighs'.
it makes me think that this is only a recent development, probably pushed on the public by the fashion industry.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Status
Not open for further replies.