AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Things Governments do that make you say WTF!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessi said:
I wanted to talk about the Harper government's attack on sex workers and their clients, but I found Americans arguing about which presidents suck more. Does anyone wanna make a Canadian politics thread? :shifty:

Canadian politics has always interested me. How does someone like Harper get elected, when every Canadian I talk to seems so nice, have I just gotten lucky or do perv sites just attract my kind of people?

Reactions: LadyLuna
Shaun__ said:
Just because "conservatives" say something is a lie over and over, it does not mean that it is.
You probably still believe Benghazi was caused by a video and Bergdahl served with honor and distinction along with the rest of the Obama administration's lies.

IgHeOSO.jpg

Shaun__ said:
If you cared about every American death equally you would have much better position in your arguments, but you do not. You only care about a few specific ones, ones that you think you can pin on the all powerful dictator ruling with an iron fist, whose pansy like weakness is endangering America, who you also probably think is destroying the country somehow. If you are like the people I work with you probably think he is a secret Muslim too, who was born in Kenya.

More bovine excrement! WTF does every previous American death have to do the current topic? Should we bring up all the deaths since WWI as if that somehow diminishes what a failure Obama is?

Oh that's right... I forgot.

36Fbmsx.jpg

Bocefish said:
More bovine excrement! WTF does every previous American death have to do the current topic? Should we bring up all the deaths since WWI as if that somehow diminishes what a failure Obama is?

Oh that's right... I forgot.

36Fbmsx.jpg

You do know I voted for Gary Johnson in the last election? I am also capable of thinking for myself, and researching things to see if they are true or not though. That is why I know the talking points you keep regurgitating are such bullshit. Ignorant people like you who believe everything the chain emails tell them are what is wrong with politics in this country, and why compromise has disappeared.

Keep yelling at those clouds though, I am sure they are going to listen to you one day.
yYXHyxb.jpg

Bocefish said:
Shaun__ said:
I am also capable of thinking for myself, and researching things to see if they are true or not though. That is why I know the talking points you keep regurgitating are such bullshit.

OK then, by all means... explain how they are such bullshit, if you can.

I posted a link for your Benghazi bullshit, but you ignored it just like you ignore everything that goes against the story you want to believe.

Shaun__ said:
Bocefish said:
Shaun__ said:
I am also capable of thinking for myself, and researching things to see if they are true or not though. That is why I know the talking points you keep regurgitating are such bullshit.

I posted a link for your Benghazi bullshit, but you ignored it just like you ignore everything that goes against the story you want to believe.

Big fucking deal... that link has absolutely nothing to do with anything I said. Americans on both sides of the aisle want and deserve to know the truth about Benghazi, which is why a House Select Committee to investigate Benghazi has/is being formed that will have clear goals designed to force accountability, get the full truth, and help provide justice, if that's even possible anymore in D.C. politics.

Is that all you got? :lol:

Bocefish said:
Shaun__ said:
Bocefish said:
Shaun__ said:

Big fucking deal... that link has absolutely nothing to do with anything I said. Americans on both sides of the aisle want and deserve to know the truth about Benghazi, which is why a House Select Committee to investigate Benghazi has/is being formed that will have clear goals designed to force accountability, get the full truth, and help provide justice, if that's even possible anymore in D.C. politics.

If only the last committee had been able to find the truth, maybe this will will find it, or maybe the one after this one, or the one after that. If you keep interviewing the same people over and over you will find the truth one day I am sure.

Shaun__ said:
Bocefish said:
Shaun__ said:
Bocefish said:
Shaun__ said:

If only the last committee had been able to find the truth, maybe this will will find it, or maybe the one after this one, or the one after that. If you keep interviewing the same people over and over you will find the truth one day I am sure.

This committee supposedly has "special investigatory tools" not available to previous committees. The Benghazi panel will consist of 7 Republicans and 5 Dems. Legislation says the select committee must deliver a final report to the House, but its duration is open-ended and it does not set a specific budget for the panel. In other words, I'm not holding my breath... yet seriously hope the truth will eventually be revealed.

In a real non-imaginary government WTF moment the FDA has banned the sale of ALL cheese aged on wooden boards. After thousands of years of use, the FDA has decided that the threat of listeria is too large to take any more risks with this method of cheese production. Link

Thank you, now kindly fuck off!

Army Fires Officers After Ordering Them to Move

Military.comJun 30, 2014 | by Brendan McGarry

A U.S. Army captain with more than a dozen years in the service, including multiple tours of duty in combat zones, assumed his job was safe.

The non-commissioned officer-turned-officer knew the service was downsizing after more than a decade of war. But he figured he'd be one of the lucky ones, in part because of his tours in Bosnia, Kosovo and, most recently, Afghanistan. What's more, he had just received orders to move to a new duty station.

So he and his wife, who's newly pregnant with their first child, signed a lease and put a deposit on a home at the family's next location. A few days later, he was called into his post's commanding general's office and informed that, effective almost immediately, he would no longer be in the military.

"I was led to believe that everything was good to go, and next thing you know, Monday morning, you're having to talk to the man," said the captain, who requested anonymity to speak freely about the incident and without professional repercussions. "You never think it's going to happen to you."

The Army last week began notifying about 1,100 captains that they will be purged from the ranks. The same fate is awaiting about 500 majors, who beginning this week will be told their active-duty careers are over. They're among nearly 2,500 officers and NCOs who will be involuntarily separated this year as part of an ongoing drawdown of forces.

After growing in size to 570,000 soldiers in 2008 at the height of the war in Iraq, the Army has less than 520,000 soldiers today and is on pace to shrink to 490,000 soldiers by next year. It's bracing for even further contraction driven by automatic budget cuts known as sequestration.

The Pentagon's proposed budget for fiscal 2015, which begins Oct. 1, calls for the service's headcount to decrease to 440,000 to 450,000 soldiers by fiscal 2017. If sequestration remains in effect, the number may fall to as low as 420,000 soldiers – tens of thousands less than what the Army's top officer, Gen. Raymond Odierno, said is needed to adequately respond to conflicts around the world.

Even officers who escaped the current round of dismissals criticized the move, saying it encourages talented leaders to leave the service.

"It really is disheartening to see the Army engaging in force shaping in the manner that it is," one said. "I've seen many of my fellow company-grade officers decide to get out because of the uncertainty over pay and future promotions. We're losing those who can get jobs, which means the Army is losing the talent it should be retaining."

Christina Magill, a spouse at Fort Hood, Texas, said her husband was among those who received news that he's being cut. A 2007 year-group captain with a total of 15 years in the military, including five years in the Army National Guard, was blindsided by the decision, she said.

"One of the guys he worked with ... kept telling us it wouldn't be him because he was too good of an officer, and there were too many others they would need to weed out," she said. "I am shocked and a little angry and very scared of what it's going to be like."

Magill said the commander didn't know whether her husband's time in the Guard would count toward his 15 years of service. If it does, he'll be able to receive early retirement. If not he'll be left with the separation pay and the hunt for a new job.
"This is all we have known, so it's going to be hard," she said. "We will be married 10 years in a few weeks and we have spent it all as an Army family."

An officer separation board that met earlier this year reviewed captains and majors with between six and 18 years of service, while a selective early retirement board considered captains and majors with 18 years or more of service, according to an Army Times report.

Paul Prince, an Army spokesman, said the panels didn't disproportionately target those with prior service, either as enlisted personnel or members of the National Guard or Reserve. Rather, many officers who were commissioned in recent years had prior enlisted service, he said.

"Because of the need for rapid growth to meet increased force structure during the years 2006 through 2011, the Army opened its most responsive commissioning program, Officer Candidate School (OCS), to larger numbers of enlisted soldiers," Prince said in an e-mail. "Many of these OCS officers came with significant enlisted service.

"Our boards carefully evaluated the eligible populations by year group and specialty, and selected officers to separate from active duty based on performance and potential for continued active duty contributions," he added. "Many of those selected were well-qualified officers who have served honorably, completed multiple deployments and have performed well in their career fields."

Prince did acknowledge that some officers who were separated had already been reassigned to a new duty location as part of a permanent change of station, or PCS, but declined to say how many until the notifications are completed in early July.
"The Army moves and plans moves for a large percentage of its officer force during the summer season," he said. "As a result, it is certain that a small number of officers selected to separate by the officer separation or early retirement boards will have been previously identified for reassignment and are in the process of moving."

Thus, some officers who were let go are scrambling to find a home, as well as a job. Thankfully for the captain who's expecting his first child, his landlord is allowing him and his wife to continue to rent the house at their current location without any hassle. He just wishes the Army gave him more answers.

"It sounded very scripted," he said of his dismissal. "I didn't feel like they were very prepared for questions."
-- Military.com Associate Editor Amy Bushatz contributed to this report.
-- Brendan McGarry can be reached at brendan.mcgarry@monster.com

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2014 ... RC=army.nl

Bocefish said:
Thank you, now kindly fuck off!

Army Fires Officers After Ordering Them to Move

Military.comJun 30, 2014 | by Brendan McGarry

A U.S. Army captain with more than a dozen years in the service, including multiple tours of duty in combat zones, assumed his job was safe.

The non-commissioned officer-turned-officer knew the service was downsizing after more than a decade of war. But he figured he'd be one of the lucky ones, in part because of his tours in Bosnia, Kosovo and, most recently, Afghanistan. What's more, he had just received orders to move to a new duty station.

So he and his wife, who's newly pregnant with their first child, signed a lease and put a deposit on a home at the family's next location. A few days later, he was called into his post's commanding general's office and informed that, effective almost immediately, he would no longer be in the military.

"I was led to believe that everything was good to go, and next thing you know, Monday morning, you're having to talk to the man," said the captain, who requested anonymity to speak freely about the incident and without professional repercussions. "You never think it's going to happen to you."

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2014 ... RC=army.nl

I find this "effective almost immediately, he would no longer be in the military." more than a bit hard to believe.

The military doesn't do ANYTHING quickly. Even after the board results are released, the soldier probably has weeks, if not months, before he is actually processed out of the military.

When I left voluntarily during a similar draw down in '94, it took roughly 7 months to go through the process.

Still, this isn't the first time the military has had a draw down. It happened after WW1, it happened after WW2, it happened after Korea, and Vietnam, and the Cold War. There have been many smaller draw downs over the years.

It also can't be a complete blindside to these guys- he had to know for months prior to the board that draw downs were coming. Usually, they ask for volunteers first, then if they don't get enough, they do a forced RIF (reduction in force). So if they guy even had his shit half way squared away, he should have been preparing for months for the possibility that he'd be out of a job.

And even if he wasn't prepared, the military will offer him all kinds of transition assistance that most civilians will never get.

Compare that to a civilian job. You might get a couple of months notice if you are lucky. More often than not, in a civilian lay off, you walk into the office and get tossed without any warning with maybe a couple of weeks severance.

So I guess the bottom line is, I guess it's too bad this guy won't be able to go "career" in the military, but my sympathy is limited. He's going to be treated far better than almost any civilian who loses a job.

Suck it up soldier, and get on with your life.

BTW, he can probably still go in the Guard and Reserves and pursue that fat military pension if he wants to, it will just take a bit longer than if he'd been on active duty.

And he's NOT on the hook for any rental home agreement. Military personnel are always exempt from any penalty for moving out if they have orders to do so.

It also can't be a complete blindside to these guys- he had to know for months prior to the board that draw downs were coming.

The SNAFU part is he had orders in hand for PCS along with a report date, so he had every reason to assume he wasn't being considered and make future arrangements.

Attorney General Eric Holder threw down the race card once AGAIN...

“There’s a certain level of vehemence, it seems to me, that’s directed at me [and] directed at the president,” Mr. Holder told ABC News. “You know, people talking about taking their country back. … There’s a certain racial component to this for some people. I don’t think this is the thing that is a main driver, but for some, there’s a racial animus.”

Well... it seems to me whenever this administration gets put in the hot seat, the race card gets used and it's getting older than blaming Bush for everything.

Now for the WTF joke of the day...

Somewhat recently, in response to a question by a reporter, John Forbes Kerry who is the 68th and current United States Secretary of State said, “Well, I believe President Obama will go down in history as the president who has held himself and his Administration accountable to the highest standards of transparency and accountability.”

Bocefish said:
Shaun__ said:

This committee supposedly has "special investigatory tools" not available to previous committees. The Benghazi panel will consist of 7 Republicans and 5 Dems. Legislation says the select committee must deliver a final report to the House, but its duration is open-ended and it does not set a specific budget for the panel. In other words, I'm not holding my breath... yet seriously hope the truth will eventually be revealed.

Bad news Boce, the SEVENTH investigation found nothing.

The House Intelligence Committee report was released with little fanfare on the Friday before Thanksgiving week. Many of its findings echo those of six previous investigations by various congressional committees and a State Department panel. The eighth Benghazi investigation is being carried out by a House Select Committee appointed in May.

I am sure the eighth will not be be a huge waste of tax payer money, and will show us the truth.

Reactions: Nordling
Bocefish said:
The following provided all I wanted to know from guys that were there. Mistakes were made and lives could have been saved... then the liars in the Obama administration blamed it on a video.

Quick! If you hurry you can get this evidence included into the next investigation! I have no idea how the Republicans have missed it all before, they must not watch Fox News!

Reactions: MrRodry
Status
Not open for further replies.