AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Things Governments do that make you say WTF!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bocefish said:
Hillary Clinton as Secretary Of State: "We Will Not Rest Until Those Responsible for Attacks Are Brought to Justice."

Hillary Rodham Clinton now angrily insists in her forthcoming book that she will not engage in partisan exchanges about the deaths of four Americans in Benghazi, Libya, on her watch.

Go figure.

Unless 2 embassy attacks and four deaths is the worst record of any recent administration, perhaps this could be considered generous.

rexcode said:
Bocefish said:
Hillary Clinton as Secretary Of State: "We Will Not Rest Until Those Responsible for Attacks Are Brought to Justice."

Hillary Rodham Clinton now angrily insists in her forthcoming book that she will not engage in partisan exchanges about the deaths of four Americans in Benghazi, Libya, on her watch.

Go figure.

Unless 2 embassy attacks and four deaths is the worst record of any recent administration, perhaps this could be considered generous.

Generous?

Yeah, that explains it.

Fucking moron.

Go figure.

rexcode said:
Bocefish said:

Go figure.

Don't worry I am sure these other deaths will be investigated next.

neMAKYU.jpg

Shaun__ said:
rexcode said:
Bocefish said:

Go figure.

neMAKYU.jpg

So Shaun care to guess how many of those deaths were Ambassadors, or even Foreign Service employees, or even Americans . Do you think it matter that more than 20 of those killed were actually the attackers which is why Republicans weren't outraged.

HiGirlsRHot said:
Shaun__ said:
rexcode said:
Bocefish said:

Go figure.

neMAKYU.jpg

So Shaun care to guess how many of those deaths were Ambassadors, or even Foreign Service employees, or even Americans . Do you think it matter that more than 20 of those killed were actually the attackers which is why Republicans weren't outraged.
Ambassadors' lives are more valuable than other humans? Why weren't they outraged that it even even took place? That's allegedly why they're so pissy about Benghazi, right? Let's drop our political bias and look at it rationally, the Republicans are only outraged about this because of the Democrat in the White House.

Nordling that's complete and utter bullshit. This Republican is outraged because of the lies the current occupier of the Oval Office and his administration continue to try to sell the American public re: Benghazi. The fact of the matter is those four Americans died horrible and needless deaths because the U.S. State Dept REFUSED to pull out it's ambassador and his inadequate security detail even when every other allied country ordered their people back home. Hell, even the International Red Cross withdrew it's flag and got it's people out of Benghazi. Instead of sending US Marines in to retake the compound and protect the US Ambassador, Secretary of State Clinton sat on her ass, watched the events unfold in real time via military drones flying overhead, then gave some bullshit excuse about not having permission to fly US military airships into sovereign Libyan airspace AND then led the administrations cover-up re: the bogus video that, at first, supposedly led to the riots and deaths in Benghazi. Nothing but lies and misleading the American public from this administration and the democrat in the White House...the color of his skin be damned.

Any president, regardless of his skin color or political party affiliation, that would go to those depths to outright lie to the world the way this president has done would do anything and everything to usurp and destroy the very Constitution he took an oath to uphold and protect. You know, he just might even go behind congress' back to trade the five highest level enemy detainees for one traitor and deserter. Oh wait :think:

Nordling said:
Why weren't they outraged that it even even took place? That's allegedly why they're so pissy about Benghazi, right? Let's drop our political bias and look at it rationally, the Republicans are only outraged about this because of the Democrat in the White House.

eyeteach said:
Nordling that's complete and utter bullshit.

^x infinity. :clap:

Bovine excrement is what the current administration's SOP clearly appears to be along with their utter incompetence and epic failures that run the gamut. Leadership and accountability is a concept completely foreign to them.

eyeteach said:
Any president, regardless of his skin color or political party affiliation, that would go to those depths to outright lie to the world the way this president has done would do anything and everything to usurp and destroy the very Constitution he took an oath to uphold and protect. You know, he just might even go behind congress' back to trade the five highest level enemy detainees for one traitor and deserter. Oh wait :think:

But wait... Obama and Rice, once again, proved their total lack of credibility by boldly claiming the administration had advised Congress of the deal well in advance. Major
QsvUnt5.gif
flag on that one. Even Feinstein said he broke the law!

Susan Rice also had the balls to say that Bergdahl had served the United States “with honor and distinction” and suggested that Bergdahl had been taken in a combat situation, saying he was “captured the battlefield.” Double
QsvUnt5.gif
QsvUnt5.gif
flags.

Reactions: eyeteach

"We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act," President Barack Obama said. "And make no mistake, justice will be done."

The president again said, "Make no mistake, we will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers who attacked our people."

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton: "Nor will we rest until those who are responsible for those attacks are found and brought to justice.”

rl3VXdK.jpg

Shaun__ said:
You ever notice how some people avoid all evidence that goes against the things they really want to believe are true?

2VuuZKJ.jpg

Makes me wonder how much they must hate this big fat lie and how many times that person tried to "(...) usurp and destroy the very Constitution he took an oath to uphold and protect.".

MrRodry said:
Shaun__ said:
You ever notice how some people avoid all evidence that goes against the things they really want to believe are true?

2VuuZKJ.jpg

Makes me wonder how much they must hate this big fat lie and how many times that person tried to "(...) usurp and destroy the very Constitution he took an oath to uphold and protect.".

Typical lame liberal tactics... ignore the facts, the current situation and blame Bush for something. You guys need some new material.

Reactions: eyeteach
I have known of this complete story for five years. However I could not come public with it or ask my sources to even allow me to take it public. One of my sources who goes by the nickname Raven-Wolf, who was and is very connected and was on the ground at the time Bergdahl went missing shared this information with me in great detail in the last 24 hours. Now that Bergdahl is safely in US possession, Raven-Wolf felt it was time to let people know the truth. What you read in this post is completely first-hand and factual.

I am glad for his family that Bergdahl is home, however I am disappointed in the actions of his father recently (I will write about this more later). I am sure they love their son very much and am glad to have him back safe. However this young man made very bad decisions, and must be held accountable for them, in my opinion.

There is a lot on the internet right now from many other first-hand accounts by people that were in his unit. Now you can read a little behind the scenes about how we could have gotten him back within days, if not weeks, had it not been for arrogance and pride.

For a complete listing of postings on this blog about Bergdahl, check out http://www.bouhammer.com//?s=bergdahl

It was June 2009. I was working off the grid in and around South-Eastern Afghanistan. I had built a very effective Afghan network: local elders, merchants, NDS commanders, Afghan Army CI, etc. Word came down that a soldier from the 501st INF had gone AWOL. The name of the soldier was quickly known: Bowe Bergdahl.

Within hours of the reported “DUSTWUN” (Duty Status Whereabouts Unknown) the RC-East Commander initiated a total gag order, preventing any Army unit or Embedded Training Team (ETT) / Police Mentor Team (PMT) team from sharing intelligence with the Afghans. His order was based on his command’s stated belief that the Afghans were complicit in the taking of Bergdahl. The actual motivations came out later in private meetings behind closed doors: he wanted to protect his chances for promotion to O-7 (One Star General).

The Commander’s order didn’t affect me, and I frankly had little care for being involved in the search for someone as obviously stupid as this kid. My feelings, bluntly, were that Darwin’s laws should be let to play out and the Taliban’s desires to turn young boys into sex puppets was this kids earned destiny.

Almost immediately the rumor mill was in full swing. I returned to my Area of Operations (AO) and stayed to my own business. Nothing was flying or moving unless it was part of the search. So I took some days to read, catch up on emails and listen to the chatter in the mess hall as I sucked down my cups of bad coffee and powdered creamer. Mid-way through the second week I ran into one of the PMT mentors. He was furious about having to deal with the gag order; rightfully describing how the lack of sharing was undermining his teams relationship and trust with the Afghan Police units they were mentoring. His frustration got to me; it pissed me off to be more to the point. I knew this kid Bergdahl could be found. Not through the might of every US military asset in Eastern Afghanistan, but through tribal connections and traditional ways of doing business in Afghanistan…something Regular Army commanders never understood. I left the encounter with the PMT mentor, returned to my AO and walked into my Colonel’s office.

“I will make you a bet I can locate this kid in a week.” He looked at me and said nothing. He knew how I worked and I walked out.

I began by walking into the office of an Afghan Intelligence Officer I knew. He greeted me as always; welcomed me in and offered me Chai. We had not seen each other for well over a month. We shared stories, we discussed insurgent tactics, new TTPs, his family, my travels. Then I asked him the question I had come for, “Colonel…where’s our boy?” He looked at me and just stared back. Then he said, “You don’t want to know.”

I was taken aback and frankly irritated. I had had enough of the games over this kid’s search. “What do you mean I don’t want to know! We are friends; we have been friends a long time. Your answer is not good enough.” The Colonel then went on to explain to me how he had offered his support to find Bergdahl. However, the American Army mentors told him they weren’t interested; that they had everything under control.

I reminded him I wasn’t them and that I could frankly give a shit what his Army mentors were or were not interested in. “Help me find him. You and I both know this cannot be done without Afghan intelligence. You and I know that regardless of how stupid this kid is, he needs to be brought home.”

He sat down at his desk and made a call as he scribbled a few notes on a piece of white paper. He then got up from his desk, walked across the room and sat down in front of a dusty computer at the back. A few keystrokes later, he added a few more notes to the paper, walked over towards me and handed me what he had written.

“These are the names of the villages and GPS coordinates where your boy was the past three nights.”

I thanked him and took the information back to my Colonel. I told him what was on the paper. He took it with a bit of suspicion, but stated that he would be sending it up to the Special Operations Task Force 373. Later that night he called me into his office.

“I don’t know where you are getting your information but keep in coming. They like what you have.”

Over the next few days I expanded my information gathering to include NDS, Afghan CI, and locals. The Afghans continued to provide details on location, how Bergdahl was traveling, what he was wearing, and his state of mind. The picture continued to grow and the picture was one of a kid that had willingly left his post, deserted his brothers and his commitment to the US Army and our country. Bergdahl was described as dressed in local dress. He was riding around on the back of motorcycles hugging his Afghan captors. He was not in chains or in handcuffs, but willingly moving about to avoid detection. He needed to be retrieved…not to save him, but to punish him for his betrayal.

The details around Bergdahl’s decision to walk off of his FOB (Forward Operating Base) to explore the wilds of Afghanistan were locked down almost immediately. Even journalists were restricted from access; being denied interviews, field movement or access to anyone with any knowledge of Bergdahl or of his unit. Keeping the lid on the story was the number one command objective. But I dug and I found details. Though I still have this part of the story listed as “unconfirmed” this is what I put together:

Bergdahl was unstable the minute he arrived in country. He was unhappy, disconnected from the unit, and dissatisfied with the way his unit had dealt with several incidents. He had illusions of grandeur, talking about getting back to nature. He also had a romanticized ideal of himself as some sort of one man Rambo as well as a love affair with the Afghan indigenous fighter (aka Taliban). Rumors of what happened ranged from his unit running over a child to Bergdahl slowly coming unglued. He had all of the signs of being high risk. There was never any one story that was consistently told about the cause and effect. Both his unit and his command were protective and defensive… obvious signs of hiding something. What was more than clear is that Bergdahl, his unit and his command were a train wreck. As for Bergdahl specifically, his background should have been an early warning that something, anything, could easily set him off. Raised by a Northwest family that would be best described as off the grid, liberal tofu eaters, Bergdahl was homeschooled and raised to be a kind and sensitive child. He learned ballet, and enjoyed long walks in nature. He was almost a modern day young Emerson. When he turned of age he apparently felt he needed some adventure so he talked to a recruiter and fell in love with the “be all you can be” dream and joined the Army. Airborne was now his new meditation mantra and walks in the woods were replaced with forced marches and an 80-pound rucksack. To what should not have been a surprise to anyone, he did not work in well with his unit. Maybe it was the ballet, maybe it was his sensitive nature now imprisoned by his sworn duty to kill the bastards who celebrated the deaths of over 3000 Americans killed on 9-11. Whatever his reasons, when the moment arrived that he decided he was no longer interested in his obligation, his “free spirit”spoke as he grabbed his sketchbook and some water and walked off of the FOB. He was AWOL. Nothing more to it than that.

At the end of my seventh day or so of working this problem, I returned to the office of the Afghan Intelligence Colonel. Over another round of Chai and information exchange, I pressed him to leverage his network to set up a meet with the tribe that was holding Bergdahl. By this time the profile of Bergdahl’s captors was becoming clear. Where Bergdahl played out a version of a spoiled brat’s “walk about”, his captors saw opportunity. They had grievances with the local Governor. They wanted to use Bergdahl to get what they thought they deserved. This was the Afghan way.

During this time the rumors and reports from the US side were that Berdahl had been taken by Haqqani. That was not the case. His captors had sent out word to the Haqqani network asking for a reward, however the initial interest from Haqqani was cool to tepid at best. Their concern was that Bergdahl was mentally unstable; and even though Bergdahl had voluntarily converted to Islam, the Haqqani network was not willing to bring a mentally unstable Muslim convert over the border into Pakistan. We should have paid attention to Haqqani.

I sat with the Afghan Colonel and we went over the tape that had been released of Bergdahl. We watched it a half dozen times. Other Afghan intelligence types entered the room. They dissected the images…the weave on the bread that was shown in the video was only available in one particular village; the sound of the generators demonstrated a level of wealth; the pattern on the rugs provided insight into the owner and their taste; the food and the way it was served provided understanding of tribal habits and behaviors; the interviewer, his English intonation and his camera skills could only be of a select few people; and Bergdahl himself provided a wealth of clues from his dress, to his mannerisms, to his compliant attitude. The Colonel made some notes. The Afghan cadre discussed what they had seen. He felt sure he knew what village Bergdhal was in.

“I want to meet with the tribal leader who is holding him. Just me and my interpreter. I will travel in my own vehicle. No military. No guns. You can join me if you wish,” I told him.

The Colonel called a friend in Parliament. The discussion was brief. He hung up the phone and we waited. A few minutes later the phone rang; it was his Parliament friend again. The tribal leader had agreed to the meet. The location would be set the next day. The Afghan Colonel and I agreed to travel together. We parted, each of us setting about preparing our kit for the next morning.

The media blast that followed the Bergdahl video was what the RC-East Commander had hoped to avoid. The story was now out. Bergdahl who had been effectively a blip on the radar up to that point became an international star overnight. The elevation of status made him more valuable and Haqqani understood this. The following morning as I walked to the vehicle to meet up with the Afghan Colonel, he greeted me, still wearing his military dress. I knew something was off. He informed me that the meeting had been cancelled. Overnight Haqqani had dispatched a team with an undisclosed amount of cash and had taken control of Bergdahl. From that point forward the chances of getting him back were all but lost.

——————————-

Over the next few years I made the occasional probes through my Afghan contacts about Bergdahl. The responses were always the same…he was with Haqqani. Some reports had him living happily in Haqqani’s large compound in Pakistan. Other reports told of him missing his family and regretting his decision to go AWOL. He was regularly reported being seen in the markets near the Haqqani compound, usually shopping on his own without restraints or guards.

Within many circles Bergdahl became more like an urban legend. Under GEN McChrystal a group was stood up called the Counter-insurgency Assessment Advisement Team, or CAAT for short. Early on there was one notable idiot by the name of Sean. A former 7th Special Forces Group guy, he and his tag-along buddy Tim promised to retrieve Bergdahl and bring fame and recognition to the CAAT. Naturally their grand plan never materialized. Bergdahl remained safely in the arms of Haqqani.

Near the end of GEN Petraeus’time I came across the Personnel Recovery group working to find Bergdahl. Outside of several highly covert units still tasked with finding the kid, this private contracted team was all that was left. We shared information, I reviewed their plans, and what was clear is that there wasn’t a plan. Bergdahl was Haqqani’s property until Haqqani decided otherwise. For me the issue was simple, Bergdahl wasn’t worth it.

This last year I sent out another query on Bergdahl. The response this time was similar, but a few things had changed. Unlike past queries, the information that came back was that the Haqqani group was tiring of Bergdahl. They were becoming concerned that they would be left holding him and not accomplish their goals of retrieving their brothers from US holding. The word was they were willing to negotiate. In true Pashtun fashion, however, they added a threat of killing Bergdahl if their demands weren’t met. My Afghan contacts told me they could make the meet happen. I passed. The risk to get this kid wasn’t worth it and by this time the United States government was well on its way to giving in to Haqqani to save face and win a few political points with the liberal mass of military haters back home.

The latest news of 5 GITMO detainee transfers for this kid’s life left me nauseated. From everything I was receiving, Haqqani never expected to get any of the prisoners, let alone 5 of some of the most highly valued targets we had in holding. The US negotiators had fallen for the bluff…the threat of killing the kid. No one ever asked the question of why Haqqani would kill Bergdahl suddenly now after keeping him alive for so many years. A typical political knee jerk reaction to a problem rooted in thousands of years of traditions and ways of doing deals. We got screwed and I suspect Haqqani is laughing his ass off at us from his compound in Pakistan.

The deal that has been made is a slap in the face to every American soldier alive and dead that has served this country with honor. Bowe Bergdahl is a traitor. He willingly left his post and his fellow soldiers to go on a spiritual stroll in Afghanistan, convert to Islam and ultimately join up with the Taliban…and in so doing cost us the lives of great soldiers who were tasked with finding him…just run the body count of how many died searching for him in 2009. Bergdahl wasn’t captured as the Army and media spin-doctors would want you to believe. He betrayed his country and should pay the price of incarceration at the least and death by hanging at the best.

May he burn in Hell.

MrRodry said:
Shaun__ said:

2VuuZKJ.jpg

You ever notice how all liberals/progressives avoid all evidence that goes against common sense and truth to justify their brain dead ideas and ethos? Try as she might, try as you might, Hillary Clinton knew damn good and well that that night Ambassador Chris Stevens and company were under attack and instead of trying to save those individuals she and the present administration let them die. That was a FACT on Sept. 11, 2011 and it remains so today.

:think: That was not a fact on Sept. 11, 2011. Unfortunately looks like that picking which lies you choose to hate and which ones you choose to forget (or to put an expiration date) is not the only thing you got mixed on this matter.

now that I have the right thread..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/prostit ... -1.2664683
:angry4: :angry4:

The Harper conservatives, who hold a majority, has tabled proposed prostitution legislation it says would target johns and pimps..
a supposed Canadian version of the "nordic model"

as P. E. Trudeau once said, "There's no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation..."
as long as there are two consenting adults, behind closed doors, why should anyone care if money is exchanged.

on the other hand, there should be exit programs made available for prostitutes that are being exploited and trafficked
and pimps and johns that abuse the women should die a slow horrible death, no dispute there

but they shouldn't penalize the people who choose the profession of their own free will and those who engage in it
and imho, this legislation will only move the trade even further underground.... hope this doesn't pass the SCC and the Charter.

Crumb said:
now that I have the right thread..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/prostit ... -1.2664683
:angry4: :angry4:

The Harper conservatives, who hold a majority, has tabled proposed prostitution legislation it says would target johns and pimps..
a supposed Canadian version of the "nordic model"

as P. E. Trudeau once said, "There's no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation..."
as long as there are two consenting adults, behind closed doors, why should anyone care if money is exchanged.

on the other hand, there should be exit programs made available for prostitutes that are being exploited and trafficked
and pimps and johns that abuse the women should die a slow horrible death, no dispute there

but they shouldn't penalize the people who choose the profession of their own free will and those who engage in it
and imho, this legislation will only move the trade even further underground.... hope this doesn't pass the SCC and the Charter.

I don't think this will pass, and so much of it is contradictory to the SCC ruling on Bedford. I was following this and watching the press conference (especially loved when McKay referred to clients as "perverts"); the wording is vague enough that if this would pass, even camming could be subjected to the laws as it could be advertising sexual services in a place where minors could reasonably be (such as Twitter, or even places like MFC without an age gate). Obviously that's a big stretch of the law but still interesting.

Their plan to spend $20 million on community groups that facilitate exiting is weird, too. That's a relatively small amount of money, and to be honest, most exit-based organizations are pretty shitty to the people who need them most. They penalize sex workers who aren't able to exit immediately, which is a lot of the most vulnerable people. The idea of helping people exit is awesome, but in practice I don't think it usually helps, and a lot of times if people exit and then wind up back in the trade, they either are afraid to go back to the exit organizations, or are actually not welcome back because they "relapsed".

The whole thing is a clusterfuck. I loved the reporters questions, though, they seemed to be trying to take him to task but he was shutting it down by repeating the same buzzwords over and over. I'm interested to see how it plays out; I know the women who initiated Bedford are already saying they'll be taking this to court as it's unconstitutional.

Reactions: Crumb
MrRodry said:
:think: That was not a fact on Sept. 11, 2011. Unfortunately looks like that picking which lies you choose to hate and which ones you choose to forget (or to put an expiration date) is not the only thing you got mixed on this matter.

Then you might want to contact the four families of those not killed in the embassy attack that wasn't, I understand they miss their loved ones terribly and would be relieved to hear just one word from them. Sept 11 wasn't a fact? Are you fucking kidding me??? Let's be honest here, you're the type of person that wouldn't leave the beach when a hurricane hit because the National Weather Service gave it a male name, right?

Um, eyeteach... Sept 11 happened under Bush's watch...

That said, I have long since given up on trying to figure out what the truth is regarding government. Media likes to make stuff up nowadays, so who the fuck really knows what's happening in the white house other than the people who are in the white house?

I doubt very much that they were watching the attacks happen in real time. I also doubt very much that they put their head in the sand and did nothing. I'm going to think that they were trying to pull their people out without making the situation worse, when instead they should've just pulled their people out regardless of consequences, since it was obviously an salvageable situation.

The problem with the Republican party is they want to stick their noses in everybody's personal life.
The problem with the Democratic party is they want to see the good in everybody, even when doing so puts people at risk.

Reactions: Nordling
Just to clear up some confusion... the Benghazi attack happened on Sept.11, 2012. Despite Hillary & Obama vowing not to rest until the persons responsible are brought to justice, nobody has been prosecuted. The liars have obviously forgotten their lip-service pledges and worst of all, imo, have not apologized to Pat Smith. To this day, Hillary continues to avoid Mrs. Smith like the gutless wonder she is: http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/barbara-b ... protestors

Reactions: LadyLuna
Bocefish said:
Just to clear up some confusion... the Benghazi attack happened on Sept.11, 2012. Despite Hillary & Obama vowing not to rest until the persons responsible are brought to justice, nobody has been prosecuted. The liars have obviously forgotten their lip-service pledges and worst of all, imo, have not apologized to Pat Smith. To this day, Hillary continues to avoid Mrs. Smith like the gutless wonder she is: http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/barbara-b ... protestors

They must be so ashamed of all the dead Americans on their watch, people should take responsibility for such things.

ruVeHBd.jpg

Reactions: LadyLuna
Bocefish said:
I have known of this complete story for five years. However I could not come public with it or ask my sources to even allow me to take it public. One of my sources who goes by the nickname Raven-Wolf, who was and is very connected and was on the ground at the time Bergdahl went missing shared this information with me in great detail in the last 24 hours. Now that Bergdahl is safely in US possession, Raven-Wolf felt it was time to let people know the truth. What you read in this post is completely first-hand and factual.

I am glad for his family that Bergdahl is home, however I am disappointed in the actions of his father recently (I will write about this more later). I am sure they love their son very much and am glad to have him back safe. However this young man made very bad decisions, and must be held accountable for them, in my opinion.

There is a lot on the internet right now from many other first-hand accounts by people that were in his unit. Now you can read a little behind the scenes about how we could have gotten him back within days, if not weeks, had it not been for arrogance and pride.

For a complete listing of postings on this blog about Bergdahl, check out http://www.bouhammer.com//?s=bergdahl

It was June 2009. I was working off the grid in and around South-Eastern Afghanistan. I had built a very effective Afghan network: local elders, merchants, NDS commanders, Afghan Army CI, etc. Word came down that a soldier from the 501st INF had gone AWOL. The name of the soldier was quickly known: Bowe Bergdahl.

Within hours of the reported “DUSTWUN” (Duty Status Whereabouts Unknown) the RC-East Commander initiated a total gag order, preventing any Army unit or Embedded Training Team (ETT) / Police Mentor Team (PMT) team from sharing intelligence with the Afghans. His order was based on his command’s stated belief that the Afghans were complicit in the taking of Bergdahl. The actual motivations came out later in private meetings behind closed doors: he wanted to protect his chances for promotion to O-7 (One Star General).

The Commander’s order didn’t affect me, and I frankly had little care for being involved in the search for someone as obviously stupid as this kid. My feelings, bluntly, were that Darwin’s laws should be let to play out and the Taliban’s desires to turn young boys into sex puppets was this kids earned destiny.

Almost immediately the rumor mill was in full swing. I returned to my Area of Operations (AO) and stayed to my own business. Nothing was flying or moving unless it was part of the search. So I took some days to read, catch up on emails and listen to the chatter in the mess hall as I sucked down my cups of bad coffee and powdered creamer. Mid-way through the second week I ran into one of the PMT mentors. He was furious about having to deal with the gag order; rightfully describing how the lack of sharing was undermining his teams relationship and trust with the Afghan Police units they were mentoring. His frustration got to me; it pissed me off to be more to the point. I knew this kid Bergdahl could be found. Not through the might of every US military asset in Eastern Afghanistan, but through tribal connections and traditional ways of doing business in Afghanistan…something Regular Army commanders never understood. I left the encounter with the PMT mentor, returned to my AO and walked into my Colonel’s office.

“I will make you a bet I can locate this kid in a week.” He looked at me and said nothing. He knew how I worked and I walked out.

I began by walking into the office of an Afghan Intelligence Officer I knew. He greeted me as always; welcomed me in and offered me Chai. We had not seen each other for well over a month. We shared stories, we discussed insurgent tactics, new TTPs, his family, my travels. Then I asked him the question I had come for, “Colonel…where’s our boy?” He looked at me and just stared back. Then he said, “You don’t want to know.”

I was taken aback and frankly irritated. I had had enough of the games over this kid’s search. “What do you mean I don’t want to know! We are friends; we have been friends a long time. Your answer is not good enough.” The Colonel then went on to explain to me how he had offered his support to find Bergdahl. However, the American Army mentors told him they weren’t interested; that they had everything under control.

I reminded him I wasn’t them and that I could frankly give a shit what his Army mentors were or were not interested in. “Help me find him. You and I both know this cannot be done without Afghan intelligence. You and I know that regardless of how stupid this kid is, he needs to be brought home.”

He sat down at his desk and made a call as he scribbled a few notes on a piece of white paper. He then got up from his desk, walked across the room and sat down in front of a dusty computer at the back. A few keystrokes later, he added a few more notes to the paper, walked over towards me and handed me what he had written.

“These are the names of the villages and GPS coordinates where your boy was the past three nights.”

I thanked him and took the information back to my Colonel. I told him what was on the paper. He took it with a bit of suspicion, but stated that he would be sending it up to the Special Operations Task Force 373. Later that night he called me into his office.

“I don’t know where you are getting your information but keep in coming. They like what you have.”

Over the next few days I expanded my information gathering to include NDS, Afghan CI, and locals. The Afghans continued to provide details on location, how Bergdahl was traveling, what he was wearing, and his state of mind. The picture continued to grow and the picture was one of a kid that had willingly left his post, deserted his brothers and his commitment to the US Army and our country. Bergdahl was described as dressed in local dress. He was riding around on the back of motorcycles hugging his Afghan captors. He was not in chains or in handcuffs, but willingly moving about to avoid detection. He needed to be retrieved…not to save him, but to punish him for his betrayal.

The details around Bergdahl’s decision to walk off of his FOB (Forward Operating Base) to explore the wilds of Afghanistan were locked down almost immediately. Even journalists were restricted from access; being denied interviews, field movement or access to anyone with any knowledge of Bergdahl or of his unit. Keeping the lid on the story was the number one command objective. But I dug and I found details. Though I still have this part of the story listed as “unconfirmed” this is what I put together:

Bergdahl was unstable the minute he arrived in country. He was unhappy, disconnected from the unit, and dissatisfied with the way his unit had dealt with several incidents. He had illusions of grandeur, talking about getting back to nature. He also had a romanticized ideal of himself as some sort of one man Rambo as well as a love affair with the Afghan indigenous fighter (aka Taliban). Rumors of what happened ranged from his unit running over a child to Bergdahl slowly coming unglued. He had all of the signs of being high risk. There was never any one story that was consistently told about the cause and effect. Both his unit and his command were protective and defensive… obvious signs of hiding something. What was more than clear is that Bergdahl, his unit and his command were a train wreck. As for Bergdahl specifically, his background should have been an early warning that something, anything, could easily set him off. Raised by a Northwest family that would be best described as off the grid, liberal tofu eaters, Bergdahl was homeschooled and raised to be a kind and sensitive child. He learned ballet, and enjoyed long walks in nature. He was almost a modern day young Emerson. When he turned of age he apparently felt he needed some adventure so he talked to a recruiter and fell in love with the “be all you can be” dream and joined the Army. Airborne was now his new meditation mantra and walks in the woods were replaced with forced marches and an 80-pound rucksack. To what should not have been a surprise to anyone, he did not work in well with his unit. Maybe it was the ballet, maybe it was his sensitive nature now imprisoned by his sworn duty to kill the bastards who celebrated the deaths of over 3000 Americans killed on 9-11. Whatever his reasons, when the moment arrived that he decided he was no longer interested in his obligation, his “free spirit”spoke as he grabbed his sketchbook and some water and walked off of the FOB. He was AWOL. Nothing more to it than that.

At the end of my seventh day or so of working this problem, I returned to the office of the Afghan Intelligence Colonel. Over another round of Chai and information exchange, I pressed him to leverage his network to set up a meet with the tribe that was holding Bergdahl. By this time the profile of Bergdahl’s captors was becoming clear. Where Bergdahl played out a version of a spoiled brat’s “walk about”, his captors saw opportunity. They had grievances with the local Governor. They wanted to use Bergdahl to get what they thought they deserved. This was the Afghan way.

During this time the rumors and reports from the US side were that Berdahl had been taken by Haqqani. That was not the case. His captors had sent out word to the Haqqani network asking for a reward, however the initial interest from Haqqani was cool to tepid at best. Their concern was that Bergdahl was mentally unstable; and even though Bergdahl had voluntarily converted to Islam, the Haqqani network was not willing to bring a mentally unstable Muslim convert over the border into Pakistan. We should have paid attention to Haqqani.

I sat with the Afghan Colonel and we went over the tape that had been released of Bergdahl. We watched it a half dozen times. Other Afghan intelligence types entered the room. They dissected the images…the weave on the bread that was shown in the video was only available in one particular village; the sound of the generators demonstrated a level of wealth; the pattern on the rugs provided insight into the owner and their taste; the food and the way it was served provided understanding of tribal habits and behaviors; the interviewer, his English intonation and his camera skills could only be of a select few people; and Bergdahl himself provided a wealth of clues from his dress, to his mannerisms, to his compliant attitude. The Colonel made some notes. The Afghan cadre discussed what they had seen. He felt sure he knew what village Bergdhal was in.

“I want to meet with the tribal leader who is holding him. Just me and my interpreter. I will travel in my own vehicle. No military. No guns. You can join me if you wish,” I told him.

The Colonel called a friend in Parliament. The discussion was brief. He hung up the phone and we waited. A few minutes later the phone rang; it was his Parliament friend again. The tribal leader had agreed to the meet. The location would be set the next day. The Afghan Colonel and I agreed to travel together. We parted, each of us setting about preparing our kit for the next morning.

The media blast that followed the Bergdahl video was what the RC-East Commander had hoped to avoid. The story was now out. Bergdahl who had been effectively a blip on the radar up to that point became an international star overnight. The elevation of status made him more valuable and Haqqani understood this. The following morning as I walked to the vehicle to meet up with the Afghan Colonel, he greeted me, still wearing his military dress. I knew something was off. He informed me that the meeting had been cancelled. Overnight Haqqani had dispatched a team with an undisclosed amount of cash and had taken control of Bergdahl. From that point forward the chances of getting him back were all but lost.

——————————-

Over the next few years I made the occasional probes through my Afghan contacts about Bergdahl. The responses were always the same…he was with Haqqani. Some reports had him living happily in Haqqani’s large compound in Pakistan. Other reports told of him missing his family and regretting his decision to go AWOL. He was regularly reported being seen in the markets near the Haqqani compound, usually shopping on his own without restraints or guards.

Within many circles Bergdahl became more like an urban legend. Under GEN McChrystal a group was stood up called the Counter-insurgency Assessment Advisement Team, or CAAT for short. Early on there was one notable idiot by the name of Sean. A former 7th Special Forces Group guy, he and his tag-along buddy Tim promised to retrieve Bergdahl and bring fame and recognition to the CAAT. Naturally their grand plan never materialized. Bergdahl remained safely in the arms of Haqqani.

Near the end of GEN Petraeus’time I came across the Personnel Recovery group working to find Bergdahl. Outside of several highly covert units still tasked with finding the kid, this private contracted team was all that was left. We shared information, I reviewed their plans, and what was clear is that there wasn’t a plan. Bergdahl was Haqqani’s property until Haqqani decided otherwise. For me the issue was simple, Bergdahl wasn’t worth it.

This last year I sent out another query on Bergdahl. The response this time was similar, but a few things had changed. Unlike past queries, the information that came back was that the Haqqani group was tiring of Bergdahl. They were becoming concerned that they would be left holding him and not accomplish their goals of retrieving their brothers from US holding. The word was they were willing to negotiate. In true Pashtun fashion, however, they added a threat of killing Bergdahl if their demands weren’t met. My Afghan contacts told me they could make the meet happen. I passed. The risk to get this kid wasn’t worth it and by this time the United States government was well on its way to giving in to Haqqani to save face and win a few political points with the liberal mass of military haters back home.

The latest news of 5 GITMO detainee transfers for this kid’s life left me nauseated. From everything I was receiving, Haqqani never expected to get any of the prisoners, let alone 5 of some of the most highly valued targets we had in holding. The US negotiators had fallen for the bluff…the threat of killing the kid. No one ever asked the question of why Haqqani would kill Bergdahl suddenly now after keeping him alive for so many years. A typical political knee jerk reaction to a problem rooted in thousands of years of traditions and ways of doing deals. We got screwed and I suspect Haqqani is laughing his ass off at us from his compound in Pakistan.

The deal that has been made is a slap in the face to every American soldier alive and dead that has served this country with honor. Bowe Bergdahl is a traitor. He willingly left his post and his fellow soldiers to go on a spiritual stroll in Afghanistan, convert to Islam and ultimately join up with the Taliban…and in so doing cost us the lives of great soldiers who were tasked with finding him…just run the body count of how many died searching for him in 2009. Bergdahl wasn’t captured as the Army and media spin-doctors would want you to believe. He betrayed his country and should pay the price of incarceration at the least and death by hanging at the best.

May he burn in Hell.
So the U.S. should have the Taliban dole out justice for someone we think is guilty?
The military should investigate him and react accordingly. Here's an anti-american, socialist policy....
Innocent until proven guilty.

Shaun__ said:
Bocefish said:

They must be so ashamed of all the dead Americans on their watch, people should take responsibility for such things.

ruVeHBd.jpg

More dumb-ass off topic peanut gallery comments. Can't defend Obama or Hillary's actions... blame Bush for something. Same old lameness. :roll:

dilligaf0 said:
Bocefish said:

——————————-

May he burn in Hell.
So the U.S. should have the Taliban dole out justice for someone we think is guilty?
The military should investigate him and react accordingly. Here's an anti-american, socialist policy....
Innocent until proven guilty.

The deal for Bergdahl was ridiculous, everyone knows that. It's like trading 5 F-18s for a disabled crop duster. Obama fucked up to the nth degree on this one. I do agree the military should conduct their own investigation and Court Martial, but Obama will probably stick his nose in that too if there is any possible way to make his decision more palatable to the public. IMO, Obama needed a way to get rid of the 5 highest offenders at GITMO and used Bergdahl as a convenient excuse while simultaneously making the kidnapping of Americans a thousand times more appealing to terrorists.

Bocefish said:
Shaun__ said:
Bocefish said:

ruVeHBd.jpg

More dumb-ass off topic peanut gallery comments. Can't defend Obama or Hillary's actions... blame Bush for something. Same old lameness. :roll:

I thought you cared about dead Americans, who never should have died without cause. I guess I was wrong. Maybe you need to stop and consider the reason you care about four people more than four thousand.

Reactions: dilligaf0
Shaun__ said:
Bocefish said:
Shaun__ said:
Bocefish said:

ruVeHBd.jpg

I thought you cared about dead Americans, who never should have died without cause. I guess I was wrong. Maybe you need to stop and consider the reason you care about four people more than four thousand.

If you want to debate the casualties of war, start another thread instead of hijacking this one with your idiotic comparisons. You're sounding like a whiney little liberal and everything Obama does is perfectly fine because somebody else made some bad decisions.

Bocefish said:
Shaun__ said:
Bocefish said:
Shaun__ said:
Bocefish said:

ruVeHBd.jpg

If you want to debate the casualties of war, start another thread instead of hijacking this one with your idiotic comparisons. You're sounding like a whiney little liberal and everything Obama does is perfectly fine because somebody else made some bad decisions.

You are the one whining, I am just pointing out your hypocrisy. You ignore thousands of dead, and then say it is outrageous and unforgivable that four people died. I am just happy that you will stop caring in another few years and will tell people to stop whining if they bring it up.

Shaun__ said:
You are the one whining, I am just pointing out your hypocrisy. You ignore thousands of dead, and then say it is outrageous and unforgivable that four people died. I am just happy that you will stop caring in another few years and will tell people to stop whining if they bring it up.

You're an idiot with little to no reading comprehension.

Show me where I said what you accuse me of.

What's unforgivable is the Obama administration's lying and cover-ups to sway an election. Not to mention this current administration lies out their ass on a continual basis with zero accountability for their actions and all you want to bring up is the past administration as if that justifies all of Obama's epic failures. It's that kind of pathetic attitude that gets us nowhere.

Bocefish said:
Shaun__ said:

You're an idiot with little to no reading comprehension.

Show me where I said what you accuse me of.

What's unforgivable is the Obama administration's lying and cover-ups to sway an election. Not to mention this current administration lies out their ass on a continual basis with zero accountability for their actions and all you want to bring up is the past administration as if that justifies all of Obama's epic failures. It's that kind of pathetic attitude that gets us nowhere.

Would you like some cheese to go with your whine?
HrVxfbs.jpg

Just because "conservatives" say something is a lie over and over, it does not mean that it is. If you cared about every American death equally you would have much better position in your arguments, but you do not. You only care about a few specific ones, ones that you think you can pin on the all powerful dictator ruling with an iron fist, whose pansy like weakness is endangering America, who you also probably think is destroying the country somehow. If you are like the people I work with you probably think he is a secret Muslim too, who was born in Kenya.

Status
Not open for further replies.