AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Things Members Say That Make You Go "WTF?"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
The_Brown_Fox said:
Bocefish said:
Maybe the comment was actually funny :dontknow: There's plenty of fucked up racial jokes that are funny. Unless it was intentionally meant to hurt somebody, I wouldn't consider a WTF moment.

:twocents-02cents:

When Black people joke about how much they love red-flavored Kool-Aid (Red is not a flavor...lmao!) and how they don't know a damn thing about golf, that's cool. :cool:

When some idiot jokes about Black women on welfare, needing to abort their babies because they'll grow up to be criminals, I don't consider that "innocent." Sorry.

And if it's so innocent, I'd like to see him try to use that joke in a Black model's room (I bet he won't).....
Yes, and there's a big difference between "bringing up race" [or ethnicity] and making a crude, hateful joke or comment. Also a difference between a "racial joke" and a "racist joke." One is simply rude and we should be beyond that, while the other is pure hate and should never be tolerated by people who think they're civilized.

The problem with racial humor, and yeah, most people have laughed at it, is that it encourages people who don't know the difference. But in this instance, Foxie specifically said the comment or "joke" was racist. So, maybe we who weren't there, should assume that her judgement was correct.

CassieRamone said:
youd probably give them a courtesy laugh and move on with youre evening (i can only assume, unless you are somehow a superhuman with a super awesome amazing intense stance on human equality and felt personally offended by any comment anyone makes about any one else...)

ugh i hope i dont get hated on for being devils advocate or "butting in" for this one.

Of course you won't get hated on, though I think your sarcastic 'superhuman' remark was unnecessary (I just noticed it when I reread your post), as well as the rest of your long-winded post. Perhaps next time you'll READ my post thoroughly and not try to put words in my mouth... Thanks. :thumbleft:

Reactions: Nordling
I'm sure I'm going to get hate for this, but fwiw Fox, I don't think it's right that people are telling you as a black woman how you should feel about racial jokes. I'm one of those crazy people with a super intense stance on human rights and I don't tolerate that shit. I try to keep in mind that other people aren't as sensitive to it as I am, and I guess that is their prerogative, and it doesn't make them bad people. But, they don't get to tell you how you should feel.

Anyway I don't want to pick a fight with anyone about racial issues but I wanted you to know that I do understand where you are coming from. (or at least as much as I can understand as a white person)

MadisonLeigh said:
I'm sure I'm going to get hate for this, but fwiw Fox, I don't think it's right that people are telling you as a black woman how you should feel about racial jokes. I'm one of those crazy people with a super intense stance on human rights and I don't tolerate that shit. I try to keep in mind that other people aren't as sensitive to it as I am, and I guess that is their prerogative, and it doesn't make them bad people. But, they don't get to tell you how you should feel.

Anyway I don't want to pick a fight with anyone about racial issues but I wanted you to know that I do understand where you are coming from. (or at least as much as I can understand as a white person)

Thank you, Madison. :) I'm glad that me, you, and Nordling are on the same page. :thumbleft:

Reactions: MadisonLeigh
MadisonLeigh said:

Agreed. No one white person has the right to dictate to any one black person (or any person of any enthnicity, really) how they shoud feel about racist jokes.
That said, I don't think Cassie was trying to tell anyone how they should feel, but rather give HER perspective. And I can kinda see where she's coming from. I'm of the opinion that racial jokes CAN be funny. See Richard Pryor for example...

... now Pryor was a funny dood. And I'm of the opinion that it's possible to laugh at jokes like Pryor's without being a racist (or a sexist for that matter). I'm sure the joke Foxxy was talking about lacked the comedic finesse of a Richard Pryor and if she says it was offensive, then I'm sure it was. But I also think that Cassie's point about being able to laugh at racial jokes whilst not being a racist is apt.

I think maybe the problem here is that Foxxy was speaking about a specific instance that she witnessed first hand, whereas Cassie was speaking in generalities. So while the joke that Foxxy heard was not cool, I still maintain that Richard Pryor was one funny motherfucker :-D

:twocents-02cents:

I think I might have come off as a little more aggressive than I intended to be, I think Cassie is super awesome and I don't wanna get all confrontational with her. I don't wanna accuse her specifically of trying to tell Fox how to feel. Fox's post got multiple responses and it was the overall tone of the conversation that didn't feel right to me, not something that any one person said. I respect Fox's experiences and perspectives, and if she says a joke was fucked up I'm gonna go ahead and take her word for it. I think Fox was just expressing her feelings on what she heard in a model's room. I am going to get a little Sociology 101 on you here, but black people in our culture are going to have a different experience of racism than a white person, and we should listen to their feelings and be open to hearing their perspective...even if it's uncomfortable for us to hear. That's all I'm sayin :)

MadisonLeigh said:
I think I might have come off as a little more aggressive than I intended to be, I think Cassie is super awesome and I don't wanna get all confrontational with her. I don't wanna accuse her specifically of trying to tell Fox how to feel. Fox's post got multiple responses and it was the overall tone of the conversation that didn't feel right to me, not something that any one person said. I respect Fox's experiences and perspectives, and if she says a joke was fucked up I'm gonna go ahead and take her word for it. I think Fox was just expressing her feelings on what she heard in a model's room. I am going to get a little Sociology 101 on you here, but black people in our culture are going to have a different experience of racism than a white person, and we should listen to their feelings and be open to hearing their perspective...even if it's uncomfortable for us to hear. That's all I'm sayin :)

I completely agree. And I don't want you to think that I was accusing you of accusing Cassie of telling Foxxy how to feel or anything :)

Reactions: MadisonLeigh
MadisonLeigh said:

There was nothing wrong with your post at all. Don't let anyone tell you differently, just because Cassie's post got thanked by more people.

I posted earlier what the comment was, but I don't think you and Bob saw it. The member told some stupid joke about Black women on welfare who should get abortions before they bring more criminals into the world. He, of course, told the joke in a WHITE model's room. He probably wouldn't have had the balls to tell it in a Black model's room, and if he did, he probably would've told it before making a quick pussified exit...lol.

The_Brown_Fox said:
I posted earlier what the comment was, but I don't think you and Bob saw it. The member told some stupid joke about Black women on welfare who should get abortions before they bring more criminals into the world. He, of course, told the joke in a WHITE model's room. He probably wouldn't have had the balls to tell it in a Black model's room, and if he did, he probably would've told it before making a quick pussified exit...lol.

I didn't see it earlier but yeah, let's just say he's no Richard Pryor :?

The_Brown_Fox said:
MadisonLeigh said:

There was nothing wrong with your post at all. Don't let anyone tell you differently, just because Cassie's post got thanked by more people.

Exactly. And there is no way such a shitty comment (joke?) could be interpreted as "light hearted" or "innocent fun." Which is why I don't really understand Cassie's post. If it was just a statement about her feelings on "racial humor," why juxtapose it (she quoted foxie's post) with Foxie's post? That made it look like, and open to an interpretation that she could have been saying, "oh just laugh it off--it's all good."

When someone posts a statement, and goes out of their way to qualify it with lots of "don't hate on me" or "just my thought" etc, I have to question if they might be unsure of what the heck they're really saying.

Now, I in no way think Cassie is a bad person, but I do think it was a poorly thought out post...and this is just my interpretation. I think Cassie is a very nice, thoughtful person. We all make mistakes in our posts--Odin knows I've made more than my share. :)

Reactions: 1 person
The_Brown_Fox said:

Thank you, that actually wasn't why I said what I did, though, I didn't look at her thanks count. I really just didn't like the tone of the general convo, it wasn't specifically what Cassie said, so I'm not trying to like...come at anyone or anything. The point of what I said was just to express my opinion and hopefully make people think a little...I hope I got that across.

Nordling said:
[Exactly. And there is no way such a shitty comment (joke?) could be interpreted as "light hearted" or "innocent fun." Which is why I don't really understand Cassie's post. If it was just a statement about her feelings on "racial humor," why juxtapose it (she quoted foxie's post) with Foxie's post? That made it look like, and open to an interpretation that she could have been saying, "oh just laugh it off--it's all good."

I'm not disagreeing with you, but keep in mind that the quote Cassie quoted, didn't have that joke in it. That joke was clearly out of line but I didn't see Cassie defending that joke, but racial jokes in general.

Reactions: JoleneBrody
mynameisbob84 said:
Nordling said:
[Exactly. And there is no way such a shitty comment (joke?) could be interpreted as "light hearted" or "innocent fun." Which is why I don't really understand Cassie's post. If it was just a statement about her feelings on "racial humor," why juxtapose it (she quoted foxie's post) with Foxie's post? That made it look like, and open to an interpretation that she could have been saying, "oh just laugh it off--it's all good."

I'm not disagreeing with you, but keep in mind that the quote Cassie quoted, didn't have that joke in it. That joke was clearly out of line but I didn't see Cassie defending that joke, but racial jokes in general.
Agree. But Foxy said it was "racist" in her OP. That should have been adequate.

Reactions: 1 person
mynameisbob84 said:

Then she should've just expressed her feelings on racial jokes in general without quoting me, playing 'devil's advocate', and putting words in my mouth.

A "Sorry, Fox, for the misunderstanding" reply would be nice. But either way...I think we need to get back to talking about things members say that make you go 'wtf?'. Lol.

I think the point that has been completely lost here is that Cassie was defending the models reaction, not the comment itself, She doesn't really defend racist jokes in general, more the reaction that we ALL have in day to day life to different levels of, sometimes socially accepted racism/sexism.

sweetiebatman said:
I think the point that has been completely lost here is that Cassie was defending the models reaction, not the comment itself, She doesn't really defend racist jokes in general, more the reaction that we ALL have in day to day life to different levels of, sometimes socially accepted racism/sexism.

That's a good point. That's why I think we should listen to people of other races, genders, sexual orientations, etc, and hopefully things that are hurtful to people will become less socially acceptable over time. We all have some degree of internalized racism, misogyny, etc...it's not malicious, it's just something we have to be aware of. You're not a racist if you laugh at a joke, but if someone explains to you why it hurts them, it's an opportunity to see things from their perspective and expand your awareness.

Okay, I'm going to try to STFU now! I just wanted to respond to this comment cause I thought it was a good one.

Reactions: LadyLuna
MadisonLeigh said:
sweetiebatman said:

That's a good point. That's why I think we should listen to people of other races, genders, sexual orientations, etc, and hopefully things that are hurtful to people will become less socially acceptable over time. We all have some degree of internalized racism, misogyny, etc...it's not malicious, it's just something we have to be aware of. You're not a racist if you laugh at a joke, but if someone explains to you why it hurts them, it's an opportunity to see things from their perspective and expand your awareness.

Okay, I'm going to try to STFU now! I just wanted to respond to this comment cause I thought it was a good one.

Well said, lady :clap:

because, as white people, we should tip toe around those of other ethnicities, races, religions, colors, and creeds - make EXTRA effort to treat their feelings more sensitively and thereby use COLOR as a way to segregate people further, and continue the separation we already see in society today? :think:

the post i replied to said "a fucked up racist comment" - you didnt specifically say what yet. the welfare/criminal comment was a fucked up thing to say, i agree with you, and anyone else with half a brain would too im sure. but its fucked up the same way its fucked up when someone makes a prostitute comment/calls us fat/ugly/etc. thats a dumb fuck stereotype. i mean, i know plenty of white people on welfare - hell, check out my parents - which is sad but true. and then, i know even more white people that are criminals. dont know how i ended up knowing so many people that went to jail. but fuck it, we all fuck up - every race.

im not going to ever treat anyone differently because of what color they are, what they look like, how they speak, where theyre from - but i definitely do judge people on how they treat others, their overall vibe, and the way they make me feel.

no use debating our personal opinions. was just hoping to show that not everyone that laughs at life is a big racist a-hole. yes, some "racial jokes" are different than "racist comments" but uuuuuuh, i dont know exactly whos the right person to make that call. ive never found it difficult to understand when someone was messing with me out of love (like i do to sweetiebatman non stop) or messing with me cause they dislike me. but who knows.

my original post was another one i probably shouldve written out and kept to myself. my bad for posting it - not trying to start acf drama or get people on my "side." </endrant> </retreatswithtailbetweenlegsandheadshaking> :handgestures-salute:

CassieRamone said:
because, as white people, we should tip toe around those of other ethnicities, races, religions, colors, and creeds - make EXTRA effort to treat their feelings more sensitively and thereby use COLOR as a way to segregate people further, and continue the separation we already see in society today? :think:

If it's wrong to be sensitive to people's feelings, I am completely fine with being wrong. I'm one of those no good liberal hippies. ;) But, not everyone will agree with me, I was just wanting to express how I feel (as I'm sure you were too, and everyone has the right to do that). I don't think anyone who posted on this thread is a big racist asshole and that was 100% not my point so I apologize if it came across that way. I think we should all hug it out or something, and possibly touch butts as well. :D I don't think there is anything wrong with all of us expressing ourselves and I feel we have kept this pretty civil.

We SHOULD be able to debate our personal opinions, as long as they ain't quite clearly out of line, Life is all about opinions and you shouldn't have to keep what I considered a well written and reasonable post to yourself

As long as its kept civil, why can't we debate racism, Taboo's breed the kind of attitude im sure we ALL hate not mater whether its race/sex/religion

CassieRamone said:

How is treating other human beings with respect tip-toeing?

CassieRamone said:
the post i replied to said "a fucked up racist comment" - you didnt specifically say what yet.

Right. You didn't even know what the exact comment was. You assumed it was a harmless, little joke.

CassieRamone said:
So the welfare/criminal comment was a fucked up thing to say, i agree with you, and anyone else with half a brain would too im sure.

Thank you for admitting that it was, indeed, a fucked-up thing to say.

CassieRamone said:
im not going to ever treat anyone differently because of what color they are, what they look like, how they speak, where theyre from - but i definitely do judge people on how they treat others, their overall vibe, and the way they make me feel.

Good. I am happy to hear this.

CassieRamone said:
was just hoping to show that not everyone that laughs at life is a big racist a-hole.

True. And no one on here accused anyone of being racist. You took a 3 - 4 sentence long post of mine and made it sound like I called the model a 'racist'. Please do not put words in my mouth. Thanks.

Now let's MOVE ON, please.

MadisonLeigh said:
I don't think anyone who posted on this thread is a big racist asshole and that was 100% not my point so I apologize if it came across that way.

PLEASE stop apologizing. :) You did/said nothing wrong. You spoke with common sense in your post, so there is no need to apologize for anything you've said.

The_Brown_Fox said:
MadisonLeigh said:
I don't think anyone who posted on this thread is a big racist asshole and that was 100% not my point so I apologize if it came across that way.

PLEASE stop apologizing. :) You did/said nothing wrong. You spoke with common sense in your post, so there is no need to apologize for anything you've said.

I legit don't think anyone here is a racist though so I want to make that clear. I think we all have internalized racism because of our society, but that doesn't make anyone a bad person or an actual racist. My opinion is not going to change based on what someone on a forum thinks...but my intent wasn't to make anyone feel guilty or accuse them of hating black people. So if my intent was unclear, I apologize for that. If someone just doesn't like what I said and thinks I shouldn't express it, well I have no apologies for them. I stand by my opinions in a general sense but do not wish to personally attack anyone. does that clear things up a bit ?

In my opinion no one should be made to feel uncomfortable for expressing their opinion, especially when it is done so in an articulate and polite manner :twocents-02cents: