AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Things models say that make you go "WTF?"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LilyMarie said:
I was just in the room of a new model who is offering 10 minute skype shows for 200 tokens. I sent her a PM.

me: hey. here's some advice... you should take at least 600 tokens for a 10 minute skype show. that's how much you would get in a private on mfc. don't sell yourself short! :) remember that 200 tokens is only $10.
model: thx i thought this was free
model: thats sarcasm\

And then I was banned. :lol:
She's also offering her panties for 100 tokens and has her full name and city on her amazon wishlist. Oh well.

I know plenty of models who offer Skype shows at rates lower than 60 tokens/minute. They aren't attracting the kind of guys that will spend 60 tk/minn, so should they take the 200 tokens or get nothing? They seem happy I figure it's none of my damn business what they charge.

If I came in to *your* room and told you how to set *your* pricing, how would you feel? In fact I think I'll do exactly that... Start telling you how to run you room. That's what you models want, right? To be told how to run your business by other people?

thats sarcasm\

fiver said:
LilyMarie said:
I was just in the room of a new model who is offering 10 minute skype shows for 200 tokens. I sent her a PM.

me: hey. here's some advice... you should take at least 600 tokens for a 10 minute skype show. that's how much you would get in a private on mfc. don't sell yourself short! :) remember that 200 tokens is only $10.

She's also offering her panties for 100 tokens and has her full name and city on her amazon wishlist. Oh well.

I know plenty of models who offer Skype shows at rates lower than 60 tokens/minute. They aren't attracting the kind of guys that will spend 60 tk/minn, so should they take the 200 tokens or get nothing? They seem happy I figure it's none of my damn business what they charge.

If I came in to *your* room and told you how to set *your* pricing, how would you feel? In fact I think I'll do exactly that... Start telling you how to run you room. That's what you models want, right? To be told how to run your business by other people?

thats sarcasm\

If I see a new model being taken advantage of, I try to tactfully help her too. This whole scenario smells a little fishy though. NEW, inexperienced models don't often offer Skype shows right away without checking around to see what the going rate is. With only knowing the limited info provided... it kinda sounds like this model may be doing a quick scam to see how much she can get offering something too good to be true before bailing.

:twocents-02cents:

fiver said:
LilyMarie said:

thats sarcasm\

I bolded the part that I think is the best statement in your post. If they seem happy with it, that's all that matters...though I'd think that after a while, many models would get sick of plowing their pussy for only $10.

At least Lily PMed the model instead of given the advice right there in public chat (in front of everyone).

Reactions: Nordling
fiver said:
LilyMarie said:

thats sarcasm\
Big difference between a model giving another model friendly advice and a member making assumptions when they have no clue about what a model's life is like. From what I've seen, MOST models seem to enjoy getting advice from each other.

Just got banned by TeamMegann for asking her questions about why she deserved all the tokens showered upon her while doing nothing. There were 1k & 2K token tips flowing while she sat there fully clothed trying to BS me before I got the ban hammer.

Reactions: SoTxBob
Bocefish said:
Just got banned by TeamMegann for asking her questions about why she deserved all the tokens showered upon her while doing nothing. There were 1k & 2K token tips flowing while she sat there fully clothed trying to BS me before I got the ban hammer.
Is TeamMegann that lady that got the huge tip and always changes her name?

Bocefish said:

I don't know who this model is, so maybe I'm missing something, but was she promising something that she wasn't delivering, or do you just feel that she is not working hard enough for her tokens? :think: If someone told me I didn't deserve my tips, I'd ban them too, but I have never seen you post anything of this nature before so I feel like I must be missing an important piece of context.

fiver said:
LilyMarie said:

thats sarcasm\

:lol: You sound like the kind of member who goes around actively looking for models who are offering Skype shows for peanuts, so that he won't have to pay the full price of a private. Just saying.
I'm extremely grateful for the advice I got on my first days as a new model. People were just giving it to me even though I didn't ask them, and I'm SO glad they did.

MadisonLeigh said:
Bocefish said:

I don't know who this model is, so maybe I'm missing something, but was she promising something that she wasn't delivering, or do you just feel that she is not working hard enough for her tokens? :think: If someone told me I didn't deserve my tips, I'd ban them too, but I have never seen you post anything of this nature before so I feel like I must be missing an important piece of context.

No Evvie, I think you're thinking of [teamgaywave, bob, who is now teamfuckers] It's changed so frequently, I don't remember her 'real' nic... :lol:
I saw the post here last night and popped in to see what was going on....
T-Megann is yet another cam score climber that's adopted the "Team" in her nic. She's a Rommie that is apparently looking to be pushed to top girl. While I was there, her guys were trying to get her to drop the top for 3000 tokies. Apparently what they had already done for her put her to #5 last night. She seemed nice enough but was "bump on a log" and only be chatting with 3-4 out of the huge room. That seems to be fairly common when you reach top handful on the list. [only talking to the handful of guys that are recognized for big tips.] :dontknow:

Reactions: camstory
LilyMarie said:
fiver said:

thats sarcasm\

:lol: You sound like the kind of member who goes around actively looking for models who are offering Skype shows for peanuts, so that he won't have to pay the full price of a private. Just saying.
I'm extremely grateful for the advice I got on my first days as a new model. People were just giving it to me even though I didn't ask them, and I'm SO glad they did.

Well first off she had NO reason to be rude to you (even if you are sometimes cruel to me when I'm a guest...). As for the pricing...I guess 200/10 min is actually not that bad a deal for some models because it's the same as a 2 person group for 10 minutes (and a lot of groups end up like that), it's money up front so if the member bails or has a tantrum because she won't stick a brick up her butt she keeps it anyway, depending how she takes payment she might actually get it in dollars directly, immediately, and without MFC's cut taken, and finally she's undercutting her competition.

As Fiver said too, some models are satisfied just to earn consistently - a dollar a minute is sure better than nothing per minute if you're starving.

Bocefish said:
Just got banned by TeamMegann for asking her questions about why she deserved all the tokens showered upon her while doing nothing.

I don't know who she is, but there are a lot of models who get showered with tokens while doing nothing. I guess there could be many reasons for that. Some of them will even get tips for sitting in their chair, staring at the screen, and pouting "I wish you guys could get me to #__." LOL.

:( Let's not all jump on the judgement train. Every model is perfect for a certain crowd and sometimes that crowd brings lots of tokens and sometimes it doesn't.
We all do things differently on MFC, that's the beauty of it. We shouldn't be deciding what deserves tokens and what doesn't unless we are the ones deciding if we want to tip a girl or not. If you don't, move on. If you do, rock on!

I don't think cheap Skypes are a bad idea. When you have a low camscore, it brings in tokens without staying logged in to MFC. One of the ways my score crawled out of the 300s was doing 1 hour Skypes with the same dude a few times a week. I did 1500/hr. So, that's pretty close to 200/10 minutes. Once you're at the bottom of the page or slide off of page 1, the game changes.

I'm not saying ole girl should have been so snarky about your advice. It would have been much more beneficial for her to just explain her reasoning or just say thanks for trying to help. Some girls are in constant competition mode and can't recognize a friendly gesture for what it is.

inkydoo said:
LilyMarie said:
People were just giving it to me even though I didn't ask them, and I'm SO glad they did.
I've decided to focus solely on this part of your post and nothing else. ;)

#takenoutofcontext
This made me giggle. :lol:

JickyJuly said:
I don't think cheap Skypes are a bad idea. When you have a low camscore, it brings in tokens without staying logged in to MFC. One of the ways my score crawled out of the 300s was doing 1 hour Skypes with the same dude a few times a week. I did 1500/hr. So, that's pretty close to 200/10 minutes. Once you're at the bottom of the page or slide off of page 1, the game changes.

I'm not saying ole girl should have been so snarky about your advice. It would have been much more beneficial for her to just explain her reasoning or just say thanks for trying to help. Some girls are in constant competition mode and can't recognize a friendly gesture for what it is.

This.

200 tokens for 10 minutes of Skype is much better for the model than 0 tokens for 10 minutes of nothing in free chat.

LilyMarie said:
fiver said:
LilyMarie said:

thats sarcasm\

There is only one model I get skypes from, and she is paid far, far more than 200 tokens.

:angry4: :naughty: No you fucking DON'T, BITCH, not on MFC you don't, or on SKYPE for that matter

Down2U's room topic: "squirt milk,brest feed on skype"
Down2U is online.
nzhere: brest feeding?
Down2U: yes on skype
Down2U: lol
nzhere: breast feeding who
Down2U: :my baby

nzhere said:
:angry4: :naughty: No you fucking DON'T, BITCH, not on MFC you don't, or on SKYPE for that matter

Down2U is online.

I would never bring my child on Skype unless we were webcam chatting with out-of-state relatives. But for a cam show? HELL NO. I even make sure to never have pictures of him visible when I'm on cam.

That's... fucked up. And inviting the kind of attention I'm sure she doesn't want (I'm guessing she simply hasn't thought this though as opposed to being wilfully negligent when it comes to the overall safety of her child and you know, not exploiting it for money/the sexual gratification of strangers).
Either way, she's an idiot.

The_Brown_Fox said:
nzhere said:

Down2U is online.

I would never bring my child on Skype unless we were webcam chatting with out-of-state relatives. But for a cam show? HELL NO. I even make sure to never have pictures of him visible when I'm on cam.

Maybe she thought NZ was a photographer with "Time" Magazine.

Reactions: inkydoo
This made me go WTF out of pure curiosity:

member: what quality are they? (talking about the model's videos)
model: there shot in 1080hd and profesioanllly filems

She sells a huge bunch of videos in a package, for a really low price, and some of the videos are 30 minutes long. I'd love to know how she sends them if they're all a resolution of 1080 x 1920.

Reactions: LadyLuna
mynameisbob84 said:
There's a model called IDoPOO :-D

LOL well...did you watch her? Does she do Poo?

xoxo

Reactions: JickyJuly
ga5457 said:
RussianXXtasy: Current topic is: if you gay pretend i have a dick and tip 22 :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: Reny"s a hoot.... she has a great [and sometimes twisted] sense of humor. Sometimes I just drop into see what she has for the current topic.

LilyMarie said:

WTF applies to you here, not to that model.

Thats 2$ a minute. Its the price on LiveJasmin and the model's share there is only 35% and not 50% like on MFC, most pvt's on CamContact are less then 2$ a minute.

$10 could be the daily MFC target for lots of models. Those cam models are working on 5 sites at the same time. If she get's that daily from each website, then she makes more then double what her father makes who works 20 years as a teacher. Or more then 4 times as her unemployed brother.

Reactions: ComicOzzie
RedHerby said:
LilyMarie said:

WTF applies to you here, not to that model.

Thats 2$ a minute. Its the price on LiveJasmin and the model's share there is only 35% and not 50% like on MFC, most pvt's on CamContact are less then 2$ a minute.

$10 could be the daily MFC target for lots of models. Those cam models are working on 5 sites at the same time. If she get's that daily from each website, then she makes more then double what her father makes who works 20 years as a teacher. Or more then 4 times as her unemployed brother.
First of all, the WTF wasn't directed at her prices (even though they were really low, in my opinion; that's why I PMed her) but at the way she reacted after I gave her those pieces of advice. Usually, when you let a new model how much a token is IRL, she's grateful and says something like 'oh wow, I had no idea, thanks', rather than banning you. That's a super important bit of information after all.
Second of all, everyone knows that camming on more than one site at the same time is a crappy idea - and it didn't seem like she was doing that, anyway. She was focussing her attention to her MFC room as far as I can remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.