AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Things models say that make you go "WTF?"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
still fighting soooo hard! but!

cultural appropriation is not just a phenomenon of dominant cultures over other ones. in the way it is used in sociology it is to be sure, but in the greater scope of things it has other applications and effects. cultural theft however is discreet from that, and can really only be applied as its being discussed. (and in my opinion can only be called by the culture being stolen from) it also seems to me that it can only apply to a full culture rather than a sub-culture (which i know is not the majority opinion among folk who research it).

in other words, if you copy maori rituals, tattoos, etc... it is cultural theft (since the maori do indeed hate their culture being a trendy thing for outsiders). if you go to a drag club and copy the sharp threads and bad ass vogueing of the populace there it isnt. the gay culture of any given region is a sub culture of the society as a whole.

septum piercing (which is where this whole tangent started) is not owned by any single culture. the habit of piercing the septum has existed in multiple cultures, on multiple continents. this includes several places in europe btw, so it isnt like "white" folk stole the idea from africans, or caribs, or south american natives. they might be said to have rediscovered the practice, but it isnt something that started in one place or culture and then got ripped off

heck even the bindi (which was mentioned briefly) isnt really cultural theft per se. it started as a religious display and spread throughout southeast asia. it originated with hindus but nowadays even some muslims (who arent supposed to do it, but do anyway in pakistan and india) wear them. yes in that region hinduism is a culture of its own, and it could be said that the surrounding areas "stole" it (which was not the act of a dominant culture over another). BUT!
even inside india the use of the bindi has shifted. different forms of yoga and meditation use it for different reasons. some use it purely as a mark of beauty (a type of make up really). so would it be cultural theft if some american who likes it uses it? not in my mind, though a case could be made for it. i would call the use of the bindi specifically cultural mingling or drift rather than theft.

crap, i failed! i tried so damn hard! such a bad boy! i need punishment! miss lolli! break out the cat o nine and have to maam! lmao!

I respect the differing opinions and knew that there would be some. My views on racially charged things are not always the most sensitive. Here's the thing. I grew up in Flint, Michigan. It's as racially diverse and impoverished as any place in our country. I don't ponder issues involved in race relations because I've lived them and been surrounded by them. So, when I see someone trying to be cute and relate her self involved dribble to race and pretend that her petty jewelry choices are somehow important to anyone but her, it offends me. It IS racist to think a black American is going to care about a hoop in your face. There are enough actual issues for people to be angry about in regards to race without her acting like black people are running around upset about body mods.

I'm kinda torn on the issue of cultural appropriation.

On the one hand, I can see why someone might think it's poopy and disrespectful. Privileged white folk taking something that, in its culture of origin, is steeped in history and tradition, or has spiritual or religious implications, and is generally ingrained in that culture's way of life, simply because it "looks cool" or they saw a famous person in a magazine talking about it... is kinda shitty, and paints that person as being shallow and ignorant.
On the other hand, is it really that important if some white American fratboy takes to wearing a rasta hat, smoking a lot of weed and listening to Bob Marley & The Wailers? Or if a white, western woman decides to decorate her arms and hands with henna? I'm thinking probably not.

Then there's the whole cultural assimilation argument: cultures borrow from each other all the time. Why do we get precious about some instances of this, but not others? And what's to say that a fashion/tradition/whatever that we accept as belonging to a particular culture, wasn't "borrowed" from another culture to begin with?

:twocents-02cents:

JickyJuly said:
I respect the differing opinions and knew that there would be some. My views on racially charged things are not always the most sensitive. Here's the thing. I grew up in Flint, Michigan. It's as racially diverse and impoverished as any place in our country. I don't ponder issues involved in race relations because I've lived them and been surrounded by them. So, when I see someone trying to be cute and relate her self involved dribble to race and pretend that her petty jewelry choices are somehow important to anyone but her, it offends me. It IS racist to think a black American is going to care about a hoop in your face. There are enough actual issues for people to be angry about in regards to race without her acting like black people are running around upset about body mods.

Thank you!! Once again someone else has said it so much better then I did.
:clap: :handgestures-salute:

Reactions: JickyJuly
Cultural appropriation is disrespectful. Borrowing is not.

I'll use Native Americans as an example, since I feel that taking their culture is particularly trendy amongst female youth at the moment and I have done volunteer work in this area. To me, borrowing culture is when you're using it as intended. Moccasins have no real cultural value, they are just a practical shoe type, so when some white kid wants to wear them because they're comfy, that's not too far off (although it's still better if you buy them from real Native crafters, just like jewelry or whatever). War bonnets? That's a little different. A lot of the people wearing them don't even know what they're called, and just call them an Indian headdress. The significance of them is pretty lengthy, so I won't go into it, but it is definitely unacceptable in most of their cultures for any random person to wear. Worse yet, we go and sexualize these things. Native women are 2.5x more likely to be sexually assaulted than other American women, do we really need to push that by making comical slutty Halloween costumes of them? And it's just as bad when it's "high fashion," too.

Attachments

• hipsters 1.jpg
    hipsters 1.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 368
KtVpcEg.png

I absolutely HATE the phrase "REAL girl/woman/etc." Just because you don't do the same things other girls do, doesn't make you any better or more real than any of the rest of us. (Side rant: just because your body type doesn't match other girls, doesn't make you any more real or fake, either.)

WHY is it so hard to boost yourself up without putting others down? Ehh. What a lame person. :angry4:

CharlotteLace said:
I absolutely HATE the phrase "REAL girl/woman/etc." Just because you don't do the same things other girls do, doesn't make you any better or more real than any of the rest of us. (Side rant: just because your body type doesn't match other girls, doesn't make you any more real or fake, either.)

WHY is it so hard to boost yourself up without putting others down? Ehh. What a lame person. :angry4:

What sucks is that I love the term Never-Nude from Arrested Development. I have said before that if I was a nonnude model that's what I would call myself.

Disappointed in you, anonymous AD fan. :naughty:

Bocefish said:
NerdgasmGirl said:
Does this mean I'm like some sort of Pinocchio hybrid now that the internet has seen my twat? :eek:

Imagine a dog cocking it's head trying to imagine what a Pinocchio hybrid twat looks like. :)

It's like Pinocchio but instead of my nose getting bigger from lying, my boobs get bigger every time I touch myself in a naughty way. :p All I want is to be a REAL girl!

I think the worst part about it is "I am a never-nude model! This means I am FULL of personality", because it implies that whoever doesn't get naked on cam is automatically full of personality and deep as hell, whereas a 'traditional' camgirl is an empty shell of a woman, who has nothing substantial to offer, only her body, and can only talk about sex and sexy things and will never entertain or excite anyone with her personality. Because hey, she gets naked after all. You can't possibly have any interesting character traits if you take your clothes off.

Seriously. Does not compute.

LilyMarie said:
I think the worst part about it is "I am a never-nude model! This means I am FULL of personality", because it implies that whoever doesn't get naked on cam is automatically full of personality and deep as hell, whereas a 'traditional' camgirl is an empty shell of a woman, who has nothing substantial to offer, only her body, and can only talk about sex and sexy things and will never entertain or excite anyone with her personality. Because hey, she gets naked after all. You can't possibly have any interesting character traits if you take your clothes off.

Seriously. Does not compute.

i've seen nude models and non-nude models wondering out loud why they don't have more guys in their chatroom or more tips. i think sometimes it's because they just sit there with the mic on not saying, typing or doing anything.

CharlotteLace said:

i would just like to point out that every person is different, even if they do the same thing sometimes.

LilyMarie said:
Says the girl who has a Victoria's Secret banner on her profile. It's quite misleading. "You'll never see me in bra and panties or just a bikini, so please don't ask, or I might ban you! Oops!"..... but go ahead and send me gift cards to a lingerie store.

I thought Suzy was past the whole "I'm better than the girls who get naked" schpeel, but from these quotes on her profile it's pretty clear she still feels she's on higher moral ground.

Here's a whole thread about her, with a reply from her in the last pages, from a few years ago.

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... =15&t=1496

AmberCutie said:
LilyMarie said:
Says the girl who has a Victoria's Secret banner on her profile. It's quite misleading. "You'll never see me in bra and panties or just a bikini, so please don't ask, or I might ban you! Oops!"..... but go ahead and send me gift cards to a lingerie store.

I thought Suzy was past the whole "I'm better than the girls who get naked" schpeel, but from these quotes on her profile it's pretty clear she still feels she's on higher moral ground.

Here's a whole thread about her, with a reply from her in the last pages, from a few years ago.

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... =15&t=1496

If she tried really, really hard, she just might be able to make her profile a little more difficult to read.

There is a model on SM who is fairly popular. She has this as her tag line.

PNK COOKIES N A PLASTIC BAG..CUM CRUSH MY BLDNGS!:h:

Does any one know what this means?

Kokoro said:
There is a model on SM who is fairly popular. She has this as her tag line.

PNK COOKIES N A PLASTIC BAG..CUM CRUSH MY BLDNGS!:h:

Does any one know what this means?

Im guessing she is advertising a crush fetish show :twocents-02cents:

today i visited a model that is still learning English and she said she has a cell phone app that she can use to record herself snoring. one of the other times she mentioned it she accidentally said she was going to record herself farting instead of record herself snoring.

she caught herself on it but guys were already making fart jokes by that time.

Reactions: LadyLuna
I meant QUEEFS!

Attachments

• homophobiciPhone2.jpg
    homophobiciPhone2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 258
never seen anything like this before....

a model was naked about to start a show in her public chat and she kept getting anonymous tips. the first thing she said on her mic was "anonymouses, stop tipping so i can do my show!" and then she said one of the anonymous tips was to not have a show.

God said:
JoleneBrody said:
I meant QUEEFS!

you probably need to buy an app that lets you type what you meant
Do I? Do I really? Thanks for that, I could just turn off autocorrect like a normal person if I wanted too but I guess spending money on an App could be fun!
:roll:

Or maybe I'll just enjoy the hilarity that is autocorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.