AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Things models say that make you go "WTF?"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I do agree Olivia's Raffle Date for June 2014 was crazy. Her winner couldn't afford it in the end. Hmm... was this a loyal member who was just trying to be supportive or a fake raffle?

Reactions: goldenaye666
SoftMochi said:
Yes, I do agree Olivia's Raffle Date for June 2014 was crazy. Her winner couldn't afford it in the end. Hmm... was this a loyal member who was just trying to be supportive or a fake raffle?

From reading her profile regarding the raffle, my opinion is that it was set up to fail.

But I am biased, because I really do not like her. :lol:

Katie_Meow said:
SoftMochi said:
That sounds somewhat shady to me.

Surely the fair thing to do if the winner can't make it is to redraw. Otherwise, yes, shady :?

mynameisbob84 said:
Katie_Meow said:
SoftMochi said:

Surely the fair thing to do if the winner can't make it is to redraw. Otherwise, yes, shady :?
Exactly. It COULD have been a joke, but when it comes to money, I believe it's in the best interest of everyone involved to elaborate it is infact a joke. The only time I can remember making a joke to gain money was my April Fools joke video sold for one token and I'm pretty sure the name "April Fools video" gave it away. :twocents-02cents:

PlayboyMegan said:
Misono said:
I think I'm gradually just getting more and more burned out by MFC. Ideas are running thin for me now, and it's hard to come up with things that aren't repetitive.
Are you a member or model? This post sounds like a model complaint.

Member. It's got to the stage where spending money is actually a hassle now, because of all the drama that goes with tipping someone.

In the last few months I've tipped established models for:

- Content that never arrived.
- Custom content that wasn't what was agreed on.
- For someone to turn around on AW mid show and go "Ok, I'm going to dominate you now". Certainly not my thing. Again, this was someone I'd had good sessions with previously, who just changed attitude.
- Arranging times, then models no showing, and no communication.

I have enjoyed MFC in the past, but it is really beginning to get to me now.

Misono said:
PlayboyMegan said:
Misono said:
I think I'm gradually just getting more and more burned out by MFC. Ideas are running thin for me now, and it's hard to come up with things that aren't repetitive.

Member. It's got to the stage where spending money is actually a hassle now, because of all the drama that goes with tipping someone.

- For someone to turn around on AW mid show and go "Ok, I'm going to dominate you now". Certainly not my thing. Again, this was someone I'd had good sessions with previously, who just changed attitude.

Sounds like a personal problem

PlayboyMegan said:
mynameisbob84 said:
Katie_Meow said:
SoftMochi said:

Exactly. It COULD have been a joke, but when it comes to money, I believe it's in the best interest of everyone involved to elaborate it is infact a joke. The only time I can remember making a joke to gain money was my April Fools joke video sold for one token and I'm pretty sure the name "April Fools video" gave it away. :twocents-02cents:
Since she isn't on the forum to speak up I'll just play devil's advocate for her.

Taken from the raffle rules off her profile.
4. The winner has to pay for all his travel expences and I will pay mine.
5. If you cannot afford a trip to a a foreign country you should not buy raffle tickets.
- you cannot sell your winning ticket
- you cannot change your prize with something else
- this date is an act of gratitude for the tips raised on this raffle.
- You don't own anything.

There's also a lot of other items listed that must be paid for while on the date.
It seems to me she made it pretty clear the winner had to be able to afford it. If not, don't enter. There were most likely many who did buy tickets just to have a fun way of tipping her without ever having intentions of going on the date if they won. As far as clearly stipulating rules this one was done way more than most models run them. Seriously, go read her full rules on her profile.

I never saw any hint of the actual drawing being rigged so I won't even indulge in that fantasy.

And as for redrawing another winner, why? She chose a winner, done deal. How many models keep all the raffle tickets after a drawing so a month later they could redraw another ticket. Ridiculous. Hell, even actual lottery drawing's done by states for millions don't do that. In California any and all unclaimed winnings go to school funds. They don't redraw to give it away to someone else. They drew and that person couldn't claim it based on clearly defined rules posted well before the raffle started.

No harm, no foul here that I can see.

Edit: for the record, i consider myself more neutral toward her. I've been in her room a few times. Don't consider myself a full blown fan, haven't tipped her real huge i'd say. But I like her. Actually love her sound system. She's a great one to have open to listen to music to as it comes through almost as good as just playing it directly off my pc. So this isn't just a rabid fan trying to stick up for her. Just being devil's advocate and pointing out what might be her side if she were here.

Misono said:
PlayboyMegan said:
Misono said:

The only reason i buy content from models from ACF or go tipping them its because of this content that never arrived.

I ask first if its Ok to buy the content since i am a model in a hidden tip note, it the answer is OK, i buy the package in question (usually videos/photosets). I bought from sexysteph, lilyevans, veronicachaos and lacielaplante and got my links right away. You tip, you get a link and instructions of how to download.

One day i tipped a model that isnt part of the forum, same thing, said i was a model that wanted a content in ninja tip, she said it was fine, bought it and it NEVER arrived. I asked via MFC mail, mark as read and nothing. Sent another one and nothing. I gave up and i never came into her room ever again.

I really enjoyed spending time with her and tipping, but it got me in bad position because i suggested her to some of my regulars, they bought content and it never arrived, i felt part guilty of it. She is now struggling a lot to keep people in her room and i dont even have to wonder why. Delivering content that you promised is the minimum, so is thanking tips.

I agree, she did specifically say not to enter if you can't afford it. But I'm still not sure if it was meant as a joke or not. All of the other "rules" has me leaning towards thinking it was a joke. And IF it was a joke, that should, IMO, be made well aware. If she was 100% serious and the raffle drawing was legit, I see nothing wrong with it.
Although, I personally re-draw if the winner does not want their prize.

Misono said:
PlayboyMegan said:
Misono said:

I don't understand how this quote correlates with your initial quote.
Getting scammed has nothing to do with "coming up with things that aren't repetitive" and "ideas running thin." :think:
Maybe you can elaborate on how these two are connected?

PlayboyMegan said:
Misono said:
PlayboyMegan said:
Misono said:

Getting scammed has nothing to do with "coming up with things that aren't repetitive" and "ideas running thin." :think:

I guess the repetitive nature would be finding new models, having a chat, getting to know the place over a few days, only for them not to deliver content that is tipped for. All my old favourites left, and the new ones just don't seem as organised. Everything seems fine until you tip for something.

I did the month of kik pictures thingy for a model last month, cam score 25k something. I got 4 messages all month, zero pictures that weren't on her profile already, and the other two messages were "Buy my content!".

The bad experiences add up, so I really should probably just walk away.

Misono said:
PlayboyMegan said:
Misono said:
PlayboyMegan said:
Misono said:

I guess the repetitive nature would be finding new models, having a chat, getting to know the place over a few days, only for them not to deliver content that is tipped for. All my old favourites left, and the new ones just don't seem as organised. Everything seems fine until you tip for something.

I did the month of kik pictures thingy for a model last month, cam score 25k something. I got 4 messages all month, zero pictures that weren't on her profile already, and the other two messages were "Buy my content!".

The bad experiences add up, so I really should probably just walk away.
Why don't you try enjoying MFC in a more casual manner, and then just tipping when you find a girl whom entertains you, with no intention of getting content or something beyond just "being entertained"?

All of these "extras" are something new to the cam world and may be hazing the view to members about the actual point of a cam site. Stop focusing on the extras and just enjoy the live entertainment. It isn't up to you as a member to come up with ideas, etc. It's your job to enjoy it and tip when appropriate.

I think the thing is, I've been around since 2010 now. I've had some great times in the room of someone on ACF, Fay_Galore_ recently. The reason though is that, to me, everything about the show is pretty unique, and I've not seen anything like it on MFC. Being more burlesque though, if I want a different show, be it my mood is significantly different, I do need to go elsewhere as it's not what she does.

I've seen so much in the time I've been on MFC, it's tricky to find new takes on old tricks, or completely original ideas altogether. Maybe that's a timezone thing being UK based, maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. All I'm finding is that, with the exception of the above named model, I'm just chucking tokens away and getting nothing but hassle for it. I don't get the urge to chuck tokens at public cumshows, hell I rarely ever watch them.

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
Misono said:
I think the thing is, I've been around since 2010 now. I've had some great times in the room of someone on ACF, Fay_Galore_ recently. The reason though is that, to me, everything about the show is pretty unique, and I've not seen anything like it on MFC. Being more burlesque though, if I want a different show, be it my mood is significantly different, I do need to go elsewhere as it's not what she does.

I've seen so much in the time I've been on MFC, it's tricky to find new takes on old tricks, or completely original ideas altogether. Maybe that's a timezone thing being UK based, maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. All I'm finding is that, with the exception of the above named model, I'm just chucking tokens away and getting nothing but hassle for it. I don't get the urge to chuck tokens at public cumshows, hell I rarely ever watch them.
You want to liven it up. Do a 2 token yellow wall. It'll get lively. :lol: (seriously though)

JerryBoBerry said:
Misono said:

You want to liven it up. Do a 2 token yellow wall. It'll get lively. :lol: (seriously though)

Knowing my luck, I'd get shouted down for that!

I could probably fall into a barrel full of boobs right now, and still managed to come out sucking on my own thumb.

JimsX said:
SoftMochi said:

From reading her profile regarding the raffle, my opinion is that it was set up to fail.

While Strolling through profiles the other day I realized that Olivias raffle was in fact a joke, poking fun at a specific model who happens to be currently in the top 3... if anyone's curious.

The raffle MAY have been real, but the advert was definitely a jab at another model.

Unfortunately it appears that the model has drawn the winner since I last looked so the example is no longer there.

Edit. nm I found it. From the lovely LeightonBrook
vj2go4J.png

JoleneBrody said:
JimsX said:
SoftMochi said:

While Strolling through profiles the other day I realized that Olivias raffle was in fact a joke, poking fun at a specific model who happens to be currently in the top 3... if anyone's curious.

The raffle MAY have been real, but the advert was definitely a jab at another model.

Unfortunately it appears that the model has drawn the winner since I last looked so the example is no longer there.

Edit. nm I found it. From the lovely LeightonBrook
vj2go4J.png

I am disappointed that some of my righteous indignation was wasted....but only some. :p

Reactions: SoftMochi
I fail to see how anyone could take Olivia's or Leighton's instructions serious. :lol: I really had a good chuckle reading both ads.

I have been in Olivia's room a few times and the room regulars and herself just like to make a mockery out of everything without an intent of pissing someone off. I always have read Olivia's chatroom as a satirical performance and nothing else.

I do feel that those that haven't taken part into the raffle or the room ever have more negative thoughts than those that did. Things can be misunderstood when you are looking at it as an outsider. If those involved in it haven't made a case out of it, why would anyone else?

:twocents-02cents:

Misono said:

Posts like this are SO sad and discouraging to me!

Have you seen this thread? It is in a similar vein and might be something to think on.

It is so frustrating when I know that myself and many other models are working so hard to be creative and interesting. Models are LITERALLY and figuratively jumping through hoops to entertain members. Models juggle and swallow fire, swim like mermaids underwater, do acrobatics, go naked ice fishing, do puppet shows, cook naked, read books and poetry and a million other things. I feel like at this point a model could perform a successful open heart surgery live on cam and it wouldn't be good enough for some people.

I will never blame a member if they decide I'm not their cup of tea, but there are so many amazing models out there who go above and beyond and I think that if you cant find joy there or are so jaded and unsatisfied then perhaps you just do not enjoy the cam world so much anymore? Or maybe, as Amber mentioned, you would be happier if you just sat back and enjoyed the entertainment before you instead of being focused on getting things? I'm sorry that you had models who did not deliver content, but many of us are very reliable! Maybe if you hung out in a room for a few days or weeks before taking the plunge on buying content you would have better luck.

Good luck to you, I hope you find what you're looking for.

Misono said:

With all due respect, honestly, it seems clear to me what's happened from an earlier post

Misono said:
I think I'm gradually just getting more and more burned out by MFC...

Though I don't think there's anything "gradually" about it. You're just simply burnt out.

It's just my :twocents-02cents:

I don't have anything against Olivia. Everyone has a different style of camming. This forum thread has given be great ideas if I do want to go take the raffle date route.

Status
Not open for further replies.