AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Things models say that make you go "WTF?"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NataliaGrey said:
KudosKids said:
This is more of a thing models do versus say. And it might be a little cruel, so if your sensitive I would stop reading and move along. I'm a lurker of profiles. I look at profiles before I even step in the room. Why? Because there all so creative and different. But the first things I notice are cam score, profile pictures, age, and weight. A lot of cam girls put way higher expectations on there profile then in there room. They will have a picture that makes them look like a goddess and then you go into there room and they hardly even look like there photo. Very misleading. Another thing is weight, a lot of models tend to lie about there weight. They claim they are 130lbs. Yeah maybe your ass is. But lets get real your more like 150-170. Don't lie about your weight its misleading. It's just if your trying to attract members, be more honest with yourself. Don't make yourself look like your a perfect 10 and then have members walk into the room to a 5. That's not going to get you very far, your going to have a lot of members walking out because they expected more then what they got.

I wouldn't assume someone is lying about their weight just because it's different than you may expect. I weigh 105 lbs and people often don't believes me because of my bodytype. You have to take into account height, muscle mass, proportions, etc. You may also have unrealistic expectations about what a weight should look like. Unless you're a doctor or a fitness trainer, you probably aren't going to be very accurate guessing peoples' weights on appearance.

Both of these women are 140 lbs:
http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-44115-body-shape.htm?StartAt=112#.VEgKR_ldVBl
http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-43005-body-shape.htm?StartAt=139#.VEgJ-_ldVBk

This, so much. Also some people will look heavier depending on where their weight is carried. She might have a larger ass but a tiny upper body.

Regarding photos, anything done in a professional setting with good lighting is going to result in some great photos. A major downside of camming is that webcams can only do so much, and many girls/women do this out of their home and without professional equipment. I'm willing to bet that "goddess" in the photo is more than apparent if she were to be seen in a normal setting on a lovely day outside.

NataliaGrey said:
KudosKids said:
This is more of a thing models do versus say. And it might be a little cruel, so if your sensitive I would stop reading and move along. I'm a lurker of profiles. I look at profiles before I even step in the room. Why? Because there all so creative and different. But the first things I notice are cam score, profile pictures, age, and weight. A lot of cam girls put way higher expectations on there profile then in there room. They will have a picture that makes them look like a goddess and then you go into there room and they hardly even look like there photo. Very misleading. Another thing is weight, a lot of models tend to lie about there weight. They claim they are 130lbs. Yeah maybe your ass is. But lets get real your more like 150-170. Don't lie about your weight its misleading. It's just if your trying to attract members, be more honest with yourself. Don't make yourself look like your a perfect 10 and then have members walk into the room to a 5. That's not going to get you very far, your going to have a lot of members walking out because they expected more then what they got.

I wouldn't assume someone is lying about their weight just because it's different than you may expect. I weigh 105 lbs and people often don't believes me because of my bodytype. You have to take into account height, muscle mass, proportions, etc. You may also have unrealistic expectations about what a weight should look like. Unless you're a doctor or a fitness trainer, you probably aren't going to be very accurate guessing peoples' weights on appearance.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-44115-body-shape.htm?StartAt=112#.VEgKR_ldVBl
http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-43005-body-shape.htm?StartAt=139#.VEgJ-_ldVBk

How do you know I'm not a fitness trainer?

AedanRayne said:
Isn't it crazy that we live in a world where people have different opinions? A girl that you see as a "5" might be a 10 in another's eyes and holy shit... what a horrible thing that a woman has confidence in herself. How dare her value herself! BURN THE WITCH!

I think this quite often, i see a model that I don't find particularly attractive, and wonder how she gets any business... Then i realize that not everyone likes what i do, and if she does just fine, good for her.

KudosKids said:
NataliaGrey said:
KudosKids said:

How do you know I'm not a fitness trainer?
No one accused you of NOT being a fitness trainer, nor an aardvark whisperer, but what does that have to do with anything? Having a particular job does not imply you're good at it. :)

AedanRayne said:
NataliaGrey said:
KudosKids said:

Thanks for pointing that out, Natalie. :thumbleft:

----

Isn't it crazy that we live in a world where people have different opinions? A girl that you see as a "5" might be a 10 in another's eyes and holy shit... what a horrible thing that a woman has confidence in herself. How dare her value herself! BURN THE WITCH!

Your right Aedan, what I see as attractive may not be what another see's as attractive. I'm just saying don't over exaggerate unless its a clear joke. Like how some models put there 101 yrs old when you can tell they are in there 20's. It is misleading. If your going to lie about it then just hide it like you can do with your cam score. As for the picture thing it is very misleading. When I look at Aedans, Ambers, Kickaz, KendraD, SincityVee and many other models in the top 100 profile pictures and walk into there room. That is what they look like. Its not misleading when I see there pictures. But there is a big bunch of models who look like they went on some professional photo shoot and photoshopped there entire photo and then you walk into there room and you barely see any similiarities. Maybe eye color, but that's it. I mean, you guys spend so much time working on your job maybe you don't notice cause you don't spend the time I do on mfc. But I see it all the time. Not to be racist but especially russian models that are working with studios. And maybe that is the studios fault.

This model (let's call her A) was camping out in a top model's room (B) on her model account, while being on cam, and immediately took the opportunity to draw attention to herself when B went private.

A: hello everyone
A: wow u guys are scared to say hi
A: shes very lucky to have freinds like u guys!!opps none else its talking
A: ok im out of here i think i scared u guys!
A: keep tipping this girl!!shes worth and not fake like the other top girls
(2 people agree)
member: btw nice nipples (model name)
A: thx

...and proceeds to stay around and chat in B's room, of course. While staying on cam.
Shameless. :?

KudosKids said:
Like how some models put there 101 yrs old when you can tell they are in there 20's. It is misleading. If your going to lie about it then just hide it like you can do with your cam score.
Those MONSTERS! If I am expecting 101 years old I want to see some damn wrinkles when I click that avatar dammit!

KudosKids said:
don't over exaggerate unless its a clear joke.

KudosKids said:
Like how some models put there 101 yrs old when you can tell they are in there 20's. It is misleading.
But that's the perfect example of a clear joke, so it's not actually misleading, it's a joke.

LilyMarie said:
AedanRayne said:
Then again, it's not like anyone takes people seriously who 'rate' other people's appearances with numbers :lol: That's something a teenage boy would do.
Sadly, there's a shockingly large group of men up to their mid-20s who do this as well. Hell, the pick-up artist industry is practically built around the concept.

Leon_Omega said:
LilyMarie said:
AedanRayne said:
Then again, it's not like anyone takes people seriously who 'rate' other people's appearances with numbers :lol: That's something a teenage boy would do.
Sadly, there's a shockingly large group of men up to their mid-20s who do this as well. Hell, the pick-up artist industry is practically built around the concept.

I hear it all the time around people in their 30's. Probably more-so then when I was younger even.

To be fair, I'm only 5'4". So, my "ideal weight" when I was in my early 20's was something like 118-123 lbs. Now (29 years old), I fluctuate between 130 and 140 pounds. When I'm 130, I don't look much different than when I was 125. But 135 is pretty bad (to your probable standards), and you'd probably call me a liar at 140.

See, I'm short. (Technically, I'm 5'3.75", which means I'm legally short, not just claiming it). So, 5 pounds is a HUGE change in weight for me. Especially when I oscillate between two pants-sizes depending on those 5 pounds (8 at 140, 7 at 135, 6 at 130).

Next, muscle weighs more than fat. So gaining 5 pounds of muscle does barely anything to my figure, but gaining 5 pounds of fat makes me blow up like a balloon (not really, I'm aware that I'm not what most people would think of as fat at any stage of this, but this man would probably call me fat at the 140).

Ugh, I wish I had pictures to show you... oh wait, I kinda do. Let me find them...

versus

versus

My body shape has held steady since then, switching between those last two examples.

Lastly, lighting, makeup, and camera angle can make someone look like a whole different person. I get in certain positions, and even at 140 you won't notice the stomach pouch. Other positions highlight it even when I'm down at the 130. I tried to make my pictures all have the same position, but I didn't have that ability, so I went with the next best thing. Each one is an accurate representation of my body shape at the appropriate weight though. And I'm at 5'4ish. It gets more noticeable the shorter the woman gets.

Attachments

• fence net 2.jpg
    fence net 2.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 736
  • teddy0275.jpg
    teddy0275.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 736
  • leia0120.jpg
    leia0120.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 736
I was just doing my daily perv on Streamate when I saw a Colombian model order food FOR DELIVERY, telling her address and phone number on cam. Yeah, I'm sure most of her viewers don't speak excellent Spanish, but SHIT, girl! That shit cray!

When a popular model takes to Twitter to publically shame "fat ladies"... I just can't fathom that level of... stupidity? ignorance? cruelty? all of the above?

I just don't understand the thought process...

Cons

Make self look silly/mean-spirited/ignorant
Alienate overweight members
Alienate members who like larger models
Alienate co-workers who fit the BBW/thick/curvy mould
Alienate members and models alike who believe that body-shaming is a shitty thing to do
Contribute to the idea that members body-shaming (and shaming in general) models is acceptable (if a cam girl doesn't respect her fellow cam girls, it's less likely that members will)

Pros

Er, well... :?

mynameisbob84 said:
When a popular model takes to Twitter to publically shame "fat ladies"... I just can't fathom that level of... stupidity? ignorance? cruelty? all of the above?

I just don't understand the thought process...

Clearly a case of...

Attachments

• Screenshot - 11_1_2014 , 7_22_37 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 11_1_2014 , 7_22_37 PM.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 514
mynameisbob84 said:

I think I saw the tweet you are talking about.. And the 'best' part - the tweet before it: something along the lines of 'I know I shouldnt say this, but...'. If you know you shouldn't say something and feel the need to preface it with that phrase, then don't say it. And preferably take some time to think about what you were going to say; maybe there's something that can be learnt there.

Despite unfollowing this model, I lack the restraint to not check her Twitter periodically to see if she's said anything else inflammatory (I'm drawn to the dramaz :shifty:) and she's continuing with her schtick of retweeting all things obesity-related, the most recent of which comes from the bastion of legitimate, unbiased news sources, Fox News! So, yeah... she continues to drop in my estimation. Not only that, but I was reminded of her (given her profession, somewhat ironic and decidedly questionable) political affiliation. I've concluded I don't much care for her :?

mynameisbob84 said:
Despite unfollowing this model, I lack the restraint to not check her Twitter periodically to see if she's said anything else inflammatory (I'm drawn to the dramaz :shifty:) and she's continuing with her schtick of retweeting all things obesity-related, the most recent of which comes from the bastion of legitimate, unbiased news sources, Fox News! So, yeah... she continues to drop in my estimation. Not only that, but I was reminded of her (given her profession, somewhat ironic and decidedly questionable) political affiliation. I've concluded I don't much care for her :?
I know, I don't really get her. She's hot though. :(

AmberCutie said:
mynameisbob84 said:
I know, I don't really get her. She's hot though. :(

She is, and maybe I've been spoilt when it comes to awesome models, but I've kinda come to expect a higher quality of cam girl. It's not enough just to be hot, if I'm gonna spend any time at all in a model's room they also need to be entertaining and witty and fun and not be outwardly rude and ignorant and bigoted and seemingly incapable of things like humility and empathy.

MFC: Where beggars can be choosers :dance:

(In this thread because the Twitter account belongs to a model.)
I can't be the only one who would end the private on her own if that happened? o_O

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-05-14-04-19.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-05-14-04-19.png
    165.3 KB · Views: 327
LilyMarie said:
I can't be the only one who would end the private on her own if that happened? o_O

That's terrible :( Poor guy.

LilyMarie said:

I can see maybe doing that for a few minutes if the dude was a huge jerk beforehand, as a sort of asshole tax - but the level of jerkiness would have to be astronomical to really feel a lac of guilt in running out his limit. If he wasn't, though, that's kinda unfair to him.

Elsalil_Stiller said:
I was just doing my daily perv on Streamate when I saw a Colombian model order food FOR DELIVERY, telling her address and phone number on cam. Yeah, I'm sure most of her viewers don't speak excellent Spanish, but SHIT, girl! That shit cray!

Ah she should have just ordered online, saves all that agro later on :)

Reactions: Magnolia
Misono said:
From Twitter tonight

Daaamn so tired gunna start getting ready unless anyone wants to tip 6000 tks offline to give me the night off

Is this a thing?
:lol: I'd file it under wishful thinking. lol Never hurts to ask.

I was browsing MFC when I opened a top 250 model's room but the crown on her avatars says she's been #3 once.
In that moment she was saying, quoting "In not saying I'm the most beautiful or anything, not at all, but it's a fact that on MFC, the uglier you are, the easier it's to get in top 20. I've seen some pretty ugly britches in top 20, just saying." :shock:

Then she got a 5 token tip with a tip note saying she's a jealous cunt and is the ugliest on the site. She just smiled and spammed something to move the tip away.

I never thought that's possible to hear on MFC, especially from a "top" model. But I guess I'm just naive.

Status
Not open for further replies.