AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Things you wish you could tell all new members

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pro tip: if you are a big tipper, find the reason for that big tip you are giving her. Are you tipping to impress her? Are you tipping to buy content from her? Are you tipping to participate in an activity in her room? Pick just one reason. Nothing is tackier than triple dipping with the same tip. Example:

PartyPooper just tipped you 2000 tokens with this hidden tip note: "hey beautiful! You deserve this! For your new 2000 video bundle, and also to pop 20 balloons. Happy birthday"

This is especially infuriating when done on a hidden tipnote because the room has no clue the guy was actually buying content and trying to get a balloon deal all at the same time they simply applaud the guy like he was truly spoiling her

Yes, so much yes. I so dislike guys who do this, those are two different things to tip for, you can't get both with one tip. Pick one or tip twice. It's especially crappy if they put it in a hidden tip note because like supermila said all the other guys just think some really cool guy tipped a really nice amount and when we then tell them they need to pick one or the other we look like a dick and then the other guys in the room don't get it and think we are being bitches to this really nice guy who just tipped really well. The other thing that kind of goes along with this is when people don't put what they are tipping for in there notes and then come back 5 min latter and ask why you didn't do X,Y,Z for the tip. I know I should, but I don't have my tip menu memorized, I don't expect you to either but by putting what you are tipping for in the note it helps me know EXACTLY what you are tipping for. There are times I have stuff on my tip menu that is the same amount as something else in my topic. If you don't tell me what you are tipping for I then have to sit there and ask you 5+ times what you are tipping for.

Reactions: sexyvanessa4u
This isn't true for every site, but very often we're not allowed to mention things like our social media accounts or to give or receive any contact information whatsoever. We may have videos available or make custom videos, but not be able to offer them to you. We may be perfectly willing to offer additional forms of payment. Lots of us cam on multiple sites, and we're almost never allowed to talk about that fact. If we seem to avoid talking about any of these things when you bring them up, please drop it and Google us! Google us anyway--most of us have Twitter or other social media accounts to keep you up to date.

I will never understand women. How could this not be a compliment?
Saying that I am better at football than Calvin Johnson is definitely a compliment.
Saying that I am better at public speaking than George W Bush is a compliment.
Saying that you are prettier than (insert top model name) is not a compliment?

I'll chime in on "You are so much prettier than (insert top model name)."

It's basically elevating one person above another, but in a tactless manner that uses a poor choice of words. In all likelihood the compliment was not meant to be tactless by the complimenteer, but it really is. Think of it as a backhand at the expense of another person.

So you might not be trying to describe the other girl as "ugly" per se, but it's still a poor choice of wording nonetheless... particularly if by chance the other girl hears about the comparison which takes a hit to her self esteem, it's best to avoid comparison compliments altogether. To an extent it's almost saying, "you're better than Susie Q"

Now, if you saw two girls standing side-by-side, would you go up to one of them and say, "You're much better looking than your friend standing next to you."..? Imagine how the other girl feels standing right there to hear you say such a thing. Now most of the time when these comparison compliments are made, the other girl is not around to hear it. Just because the other girl is not there doesn't make it any better. A dick'ish statement is still a dick'ish statement. Best practice is to not make such a compliment whether the other girl is present or not.

The thing about this is pretty much what @mutantdonut said. However, it seems like you still might not be completely grasping the concept, so I'll explain it in some other ways to possibly elicit some understanding.

• People frequently say things like "Oh em gee, you are so retarded" when someone does or says something silly/goofy/uneducatedly (that's a word, dammit). But that person is not actually handicapped. However, it is still putting down mentally-handicapped people, even if there are none around to hear. It's used in a negative way, meant in a way that implies that being handicapped is a bad thing. But it's not. It's just a thing. Some people are, some people are not. So why use it as an insult?**
  • People say things like, "I can't believe you like wearing pink. That's so gay." This implies that being homosexual is a bad thing. But it's not [we're not gonna get into religion/opinions]. It's just a fact that some people are homosexual. Others are hetero or pan or all of the other options! It shouldn't be a negative thing or an insult.**
  • Around here (Kentucky/bible belt/racist areas), a common saying is "Do you see [the N word] tattooed across my forehead?" when someone's asked/told to do something that they don't want to do. THIS IS SUPER SHITTY. It's intended as an insult even if no black people are around. Just because you're not calling a black person the N word to their face doesn't make this less of an insult.

We can compliment people without bringing others down by replacing "better than/prettier than/smarter than/etc" types of statements with "You are so pretty." PERIOD. "Wow! You're so intelligent!" Period. "Your camshows are so creative!" Period. The compliment comes across much friendlier when you don't have to drag someone else down [even if they're ignorant to the fact that things are being said about them] to say it.

**You wouldn't go up to a maple tree and say, "You are such an oak." See the ridiculousness of that? Maples are not superior to oaks, and oaks are not inferior to maples. They just simply are what they are. If we, as humans, could all grow to love/respect/accept people as we are instead of as we're not, the world would be a better place. Let maples be maples without comparing them to every other non-maple.

As a new webcam girl, I wish I can tell members this:

1.) Rating and admiring me does not do anything
2.) I WILL notice you if you feed off on other's tips, it's frowned upon
3.) Requesting me to do things without tip is not going to do anything for you
4.) I do notice when you hide your tokens amount so don't try to smooth talk me because I believe in, "All talk and no action" quote
5.) Please don't camp in my room, chatting up the storm and driving the topic away to the point of no return
6.) Just because you tip me once does not mean you own me forever (like no :stop:)
7.) I love a hello and I especially love a farewell because I'll remember you
8.) Being kind would go a long way but please don't expect anything from me
9.) Yes, I am new and no, I am not stupid so please don't play game with me
10.) It's cool that you want to show what you got in your pant but it's not the way into my heart

Oh and finally:
Taking me to pvt for few minutes just to see me spread is going to get you banned.
Oh and talking like this, "You're so pretty. Oh god, I wish you were mine. Dang, I wish I had money. Can I get a peek?" is not going to make me happy.

Most of it has been said... my newest pet peeve:

Do not, I repeat, do not offer me money to have sex with you. I will say no. And I will be uncomfortable.

But more importantly than that: Do not, under any circumstance, offer me money to have sex with you while we are in the middle of an exclusive and I am doing the old in-out. You know why? My vagina will instantly absorb all the lube, I will instantly dry out, the dildo will become stuck in, I will grab the nearest blanket, assume fetal position and start screaming from the top of my lungs: 'NOOOOOOOO!'

2.) I WILL notice you if you feed off on other's tips, it's frowned upon

I'm not new but I'm not sure I quite know what that means?

4.) I do notice when you hide your tokens amount so don't try to smooth talk me because I believe in, "All talk and no action" quote

I have probably ~50,000 reward points over a few accounts but usually have my tokens hidden so its not always a good indicator...

I think she means sitting around free loading and letting other people tip to get what you want while you don't contribute anything. I've seen a lot of people do it. If the person is particularly annoying, I will ban them before I do whatever the people were tipping for

Reactions: deblackivory
I think she means sitting around free loading and letting other people tip to get what you want while you don't contribute anything. I've seen a lot of people do it. If the person is particularly annoying, I will ban them before I do whatever the people were tipping for

Ahh right, yes thats annoying.

I'll add one that I did by mistake yesterday - don't join a room and get called away, leave laptop locked and remember it about 2 hours later. I must have looked like the biggest freeloader ever. Oops!

Ahh right, yes thats annoying.

I'll add one that I did by mistake yesterday - don't join a room and get called away, leave laptop locked and remember it about 2 hours later. I must have looked like the biggest freeloader ever. Oops!

Honestly, if they're silent, I don't even notice they're there as much. It's the guys who talk dirty and comment on what I'm doing, or even having the gall to ask other guys to tip for them (which occasionally I'll have real life friends watching me who will do that for each other sometimes, so I usually ask about the person before I get mad when they do that) if you're silent, it would take you coming into my room several times and free loading before I'd even notice, and even then I probably would just hope they'd eventually tip or take me to private when they could do so and leave them alone. If, however, someone is tipping and another guy is all like "oh yeah, bb, that's so hot. Keep it up. Do *insertsomethingdirtyhere* now. Open bra." But never tips himself, I'm probably going to boot him.

Please, please, please, don't ask "What are you into/what do you do in private." The main fetishes I offer are on my profile. My room topic says I do domme and tease shows. Don't see what you're looking for listed? Don't beat around the bush or ask me to list everything I do. Ask me directly if I do what you want: "do you do x?" It saves us both time and lets us go private right away, or lets you know right away to move on to the next model.

Also, because I get asked this for some reason: yes, anal is included in my "no masturbation" on my profile and in my room topic.

Yes, that is exactly what I meant~

I have probably ~50,000 reward points over a few accounts but usually have my tokens hidden so its not always a good indicator...

Very true. I don't mind talking with people who do not have any tokens as I've met some cool people so far. I meant the one who would ask you to do things and then try to say, "? Baby, I'll give you this --- if you do this. That's a lot more than what you asked for. Just do it and I'll tip you. I have a lot of money!" and refuse to when I tell them to tip first.

Hence the all talk and no action.

• Hugs
Reactions: bunny_lovexoxo
Please don't talk about your dick in free chat. The size, what you're doing with it, what you want us to do with it, etc. We don't care one way or the other about your dick, and the room full of dudes watching us doesn't want to know.

Please don't talk about your dick in free chat. The size, what you're doing with it, what you want us to do with it, etc. We don't care one way or the other about your dick, and the room full of dudes watching us doesn't want to know.

YESSSS!!!!! Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes

Read. The. Room. Topic.

YES! I can not tell you how many times someone has come in started chatting with me and then asked "so what are we up to tonight?" really? REALLY? I have a room topic, I use the room topic, if you could just take 5 seconds and look up at the words above my head that would be great. I try really hard to be polite and tell them but some nights I am not in the mood and I really just want to shout, "look at the room topic numb wad."

Using some quotes from another thread just because they're relevant, I'm 100% not attacking you personally.

I'm not ugly or fat or anything

I'm actually decent looking

If I had a nickel for every time I've seen a guy on a camsite say these things, I could pay for your freaking trip.

News flash: camsite members are all ages and sizes. You're not special, unique, or different because you're young or whatever.

I've turned on HUNDREDS of member's cams. I've seen maybe two old guys, one fat guy, one old fat guy, and the rest were in their 20's or 30's and conventionally attractive. Many were thin, many more looked like they lived at the gym, others were just regular average size dudes.

Using some quotes from another thread just because they're relevant, I'm 100% not attacking you personally.

If I had a nickel for every time I've seen a guy on a camsite say these things, I could pay for your freaking trip.

News flash: camsite members are all ages and sizes. You're not special, unique, or different because you're young or whatever.

I've turned on HUNDREDS of member's cams. I've seen maybe two old guys, one fat guy, one old fat guy, and the rest were in their 20's or 30's and conventionally attractive. Many were thin, many more looked like they lived at the gym, others were just regular average size dudes.

And the dudes who say they're hot are often not the same dudes who tip.

And I'd rather have a dude who was older/fatter/less hot who was pleasant, funny, kind, generous, etc than a """hot"""" guy who wasn't those things.

Aaaaand not every girl is attracted to the type of "hot" these guys always claim to be.

As a member, a few things I've picked up on over time...
  1. First impressions are everything. Not only to models, but to other members. You make an ass of yourself, chances are that's gonna stick, at least for a while.
  2. When you ask a question, pay attention. Making a model answer the same thing over and over ad nauseum is pretty annoying, as it turns out.
  3. It's been said before, but WHEN YOU COME TO A NEW ROOM, SHUT UP AND WATCH FOR A MINUTE. Get a feel for the room dynamic before you jump in or you'll end up with egg on your face.
  4. Part 2 to that, keep in mind that what's cool in one room might not fly in another. Respect how different models run their rooms, or you'll look like an asshole.
  5. If "fets" are your thing, tip if you want to see them. Treat them like "bobs".

Status
Not open for further replies.