AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Thoughts on costumes, wigs, cosplay???

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its a cool idea and a good way to change the mood of your show, my friend on CB came on this week with blue contacts in, wow they looked cool and freaky up close

I wear a wig and I almost wish I hadn't started with it. It's super cute and I think the side ponytails make people more interested (weird as that is), and it also disguises me to an extent, but it's already starting to look ratty, and I have no idea how to get it back to looking cute and curly if I wash and brush it, plus I'm not used to having that much hair and it's uncomfortable when I sweat under it and it makes my neck itchy. If you're already used to long hair and long hair maintenance I would say go for it. I love the way mine looks, but I hate pretty much everything else about it.

I wear a wig and I almost wish I hadn't started with it. It's super cute and I think the side ponytails make people more interested (weird as that is), and it also disguises me to an extent, but it's already starting to look ratty, and I have no idea how to get it back to looking cute and curly if I wash and brush it, plus I'm not used to having that much hair and it's uncomfortable when I sweat under it and it makes my neck itchy. If you're already used to long hair and long hair maintenance I would say go for it. I love the way mine looks, but I hate pretty much everything else about it.
My hair is more than twice as long as in my picture, down past my waist so I am use to a lot of hair. I now have two wigs but I understand what you mean. They get itchy! The issue I have is tucking all my hair up into the wig without it looking terrible

My hair is more than twice as long as in my picture, down past my waist so I am use to a lot of hair. I now have two wigs but I understand what you mean. They get itchy! The issue I have is tucking all my hair up into the wig without it looking terrible

Ah, yeah, kinda obvious from your picture that you're used to long hair, silly statement for me to make. I have really short hair, so I definitely don't have a hard time getting it under the wig, but yeah, I'm mostly just worried that I'm never going to get it to look the same again. Even when I had long hair of my own, I never did anything fancy with it.

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: SouthernRose
Ah, yeah, kinda obvious from your picture that you're used to long hair, silly statement for me to make. I have really short hair, so I definitely don't have a hard time getting it under the wig, but yeah, I'm mostly just worried that I'm never going to get it to look the same again. Even when I had long hair of my own, I never did anything fancy with it.

That stinks. I hate when I am really attached to something like that and I just wear it out from use. I have some shoes and shirts like that

That stinks. I hate when I am really attached to something like that and I just wear it out from use. I have some shoes and shirts like that

Yeah, I haven't even had it that long, I obviously just don't know how to take proper care of it. Oh well, as I recall there were some YouTube links posted in this thread. I'll add it to the list of things I have to research, lol.

I've loved cosplay for abut 7 years now. Sadly, my costumes all had to be sold during hard times two years back... RIP costumes... But I really have been hoping I can earn enough to get more than just the few wigs I have left and do full character anime cosplay again and bring that element into my shows! That would just be the BEST:h: I still love wearing the few old wigs I have for camming now though in the meantime~
28906897_10208886148030025_2113483358_n.jpg29391715_10208931031672088_1972265319_o.jpg rumi.jpg WIN_20180321_19_51_57_Pro.jpg

Ok So what is everyone's thoughts on wigs and costumes? How cumbersome are that? Anyone have a favorite wig brand that can handle basic movement without sliding off?
What do you all like to use, wear, play, and see?

I don't do cosplay in the traditional sense, but I use wigs and costumes (just not in a cosplay type of setting if that makes sense, I don't dress up as specific character). No joke I probably have 80 wigs and sets of hair extensions. I've been doing wigs and hair extensions for 15 years now. I prefer lace front human hair wigs if possible but I have great lace front synthetic wigs too. I buy everything from AliExpress, you will save tons of money. Wigs save you a sh*t ton of time if you have long hair that you would normally have to style. I like using them because it takes me a long time to do my makeup, and using a wig cuts down my get ready time. I either use a lace front wig like a 3/4 wig and blend it into my own hair in the front that is out loose, or I cover all of my hair with it and wear it like a traditional wig. If the lace webbing is really black and you're caucasian you may need to bleach the knots and pluck some baby hairs to make it look realistic. You can find tutorials on how to do this on youtube. I prefer my wigs to look more natural and less "costume" I guess you could say. I do wear colored ones but I still like them to blend in to my hair line. I think they look less cheap that way .

If you are using synthetic wigs you will HAVE to get a clothes steamer. The synthetic wigs tangle pretty badly. To get them back to looking good and reconditioned, you have to wash, air dry and then use a clothes steamer to recondition them. There are Youtube tutorials on this as well.

I also wear hair extensions a lot. The clip ins are really quick and when I come home from work I will snap in a set for extra length before I go on cam.

In my profile pic I'm wearing a 3/4 wig but I blended it in well enough with my real hair that you can't tell.

Edited to add: To keep them from sliding you need to wear a wig cap underneath. You can either buy those at the beauty supply or you can make one yourself cutting the toe off an old pair of hose.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Lollie Berrymilk
Status
Not open for further replies.