AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Thoughts on seeing yourself in emoticons?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you models see yourself turned into emoticons with screen caps & animated gifs on MFC, what are your thoughts? Sometimes see models taking an interest in them, but I wonder if they actually like them or if they're just humoring us since emoticons are so popular among Premiums?

Does what is in the emoticon affect your opinion? Do you prefer them to be sexy, rather than possibly embarrassing? Or silly, rather than explicit?
I think I spend more time on MFC than anything else just browsing emoticons or adding more to the site. :shifty:

There used to be two of them with me, dunno if they're still there. lunashoe, of me dancing with a shoe on my head, and normalluna, me bouncing on my bed while eating a cracker. Of the two, I don't mind either, but I do mind the implication that I'm usually eating on camera. At the time they were made, I used to cam all day, sometimes twelve hours. I would break for meals, but I'd also have snacks between the meals to keep my energy up, so once a day there would be some eating on camera. And while it did happen almost every day, it was almost never all day. But the particular premium who made both emoticons had a schedule where he was always in my room right about when I'd get hungry. So to him, I was always eating.

I find lunashoe fun. I'd probably find normalluna fun if it had another name.

I'm not a model, of course, but I just wanted to say that my policy with submitting emotes, posting screen caps, and so on is this: if I have any doubt at all as to whether the model will be okay with it I check with her before putting it out there. I don't want to put something up and find out it embarrassed the lady or made her angry. A few days ago, I got one of Iris making a really strange face. She thought it was horrible, so you won't see it here.

Great Question!

I don't think I have any emoticons, I am to lazy to make them myself---and my regulars clearly do not care about them i guess...

However, I really enjoy watching them in other girls rooms...and also wonder how they feel about it.

I know some girls who make them themselves even and either submit themselves, or ask a member to do it.

LadyLuna said:
There used to be two of them with me, dunno if they're still there. lunashoe, of me dancing with a shoe on my head, and normalluna, me bouncing on my bed while eating a cracker. Of the two, I don't mind either, but I do mind the implication that I'm usually eating on camera. At the time they were made, I used to cam all day, sometimes twelve hours. I would break for meals, but I'd also have snacks between the meals to keep my energy up, so once a day there would be some eating on camera. And while it did happen almost every day, it was almost never all day. But the particular premium who made both emoticons had a schedule where he was always in my room right about when I'd get hungry. So to him, I was always eating.

I find lunashoe fun. I'd probably find normalluna fun if it had another name.

I went and looked at your emotes. I think normalluna is referring to your happy bouncy personality, not the cracker eating. I also think you have a good sense of balance.

KpuYnIn.gif

goldenaye666 said:
I also wonder if a model asked, would MFC remove emoticons? They're amusing while a model is working there, but once she is quitting it might be better if the evidence got removed. :think:
Yes. they do. Several have been removed i know of at the requests of models.

I love them! I love seeing other models' and I like mine, even if they're derpy. I can understand why a model wouldn't want unflattering ones, but personally I don't really care. Can't really control everything. I'm broadcasting live on the internet - every moment doing so has the potential of being captured forever and possibly even used against me. I'm fully aware of that and make the choice to keep doing it. So :dontknow:

But it's courteous to check with the model first if you're not sure. :thumbleft:

I have made quite a few of two of my favourite models. I always ask first and both ladies deliberately hammed it up for them, with the exception of one vid I capped without her knowing (she knows I would cap her randomly for emotes; not a creep lol). I showed it to her first and she was cool with it. Another model gave me the OK and then changed her mind just as I was about to submit it. All good; her face, her choice. The ladies I have made emotes for both said it's cool as long as they don't include nudity.

I would never secretly make one and then submit it without asking first.

HarmlessSquirrel said:
If I have any doubt at all as to whether the model will be okay with it I check with her before putting it out there. I don't want to put something up and find out it embarrassed the lady or made her angry.

Heather said:
But it's courteous to check with the model first if you're not sure. :thumbleft:

JimsX said:
I always ask first... The ladies I have made emotes for both said it's cool as long as they don't include nudity.

Good advice. I don't make any of models unless I've been somewhat of a regular in their room first. So I can gauge what their reaction might be. If I don't think they'll mind, then I'll just make one or two to use as an example to start, and host them on my own domain in a private image folder to show them, before I submit them to MFC to become emoticons. Then I can delete them myself if they have an adverse reaction.

Since you have to upload them somewhere else first before submitting them MFC, I recommend people use an image site that allows you to delete your uploads. http://imgur.com gives a deletion link after uploading. Usually MFC approves a submission with about 24 hours, so you can safely delete the link after that.

Reactions: JimsX and Gen
Miss_Lollipop said:
I love 90% of my emotes.

There are a couple i'd like to remove. Is there a way to do that?

There is an option to flag the emote for removal. Not sure what MFC would require as a reason, though I am sure if it's your image they would have no issue removing it.

JerryBoBerry said:
goldenaye666 said:
I also wonder if a model asked, would MFC remove emoticons? They're amusing while a model is working there, but once she is quitting it might be better if the evidence got removed. :think:

Yes. they do. Several have been removed i know of at the requests of models.

Miss_Lollipop said:
I love 90% of my emotes.

There are a couple i'd like to remove. Is there a way to do that?

Apparently so per Jerry's reply to my earlier post today.

There is the flag emoticon option, but to reach it I think the emoticon has to be displaying in a chat room, then click on it, and when is pops up to display bigger, the flag link is above the image.

But it might help more if you message support from your model account, and give them the :keyword for the emoticons you'd like removed.

KristinaReapsMe said:
I would love to have one but I'm usually dancing around like an idiot and I forget to record when I do something really cool.

Might I suggest you ask one of your regulars to do it for you? Just have him pm when he is ready so you can be prepared :p

I have almost 100 of me or about me, which is preeeeeetty crazy!! Many of them are silly or sweet and there are some sexy ones too! I think that in general a lot of them will capture an emotion like me dancing happily, pouting playfully, hiding behind something, looking shocked or perhaps pretending to be a Kaiju in the bathtub, licking a stick of butter, etc. There's even one dedicated to the sound my water bottle makes when it opens! It seems like lots of times people will use them just like other emotes, something to express the emotion or sometimes it's just when the action in the emote is directly related to the chat. Seriously it's kind of amazing that there are SO many but a lot of them seem to be in really active use in my room and I must say I think it's a lot of fun! Sometimes I feel a bit shy about the fact that I have so many, but I have members who enjoy making them and I'm honored each time that they do. It's really incredibly flattering and I feel lucky to have such sweet and talented members who take the time to make them.

Though I hope it's not something I ever needed to say, every once in a while I'll remind people to please NEVER use emotes of me in any other models' rooms. I would just hate for me to distract or take attention away from a model even in a small way! Nearly all of the emotes start with "KP" so I think that makes it much less likely that someone might accidentally put my face or boobs or whatever in another model's chat.

Anyway, I never expected so many emotes of me to come about and it's kind of shocking to realize there are SO many, but it's become a fun aspect of the community for my regulars and myself, and I've embraced it and think it's lots of fun!

KayleePond said:
I have almost 100 of me or about me, which is preeeeeetty crazy!! Many of them are silly or sweet and there are some sexy ones too! I think that in general a lot of them will capture an emotion like me dancing happily, pouting playfully, hiding behind something, looking shocked or perhaps pretending to be a Kaiju in the bathtub, licking a stick of butter, etc. There's even one dedicated to the sound my water bottle makes when it opens! It seems like lots of times people will use them just like other emotes, something to express the emotion or sometimes it's just when the action in the emote is directly related to the chat. Seriously it's kind of amazing that there are SO many but a lot of them seem to be in really active use in my room and I must say I think it's a lot of fun! Sometimes I feel a bit shy about the fact that I have so many, but I have members who enjoy making them and I'm honored each time that they do. It's really incredibly flattering and I feel lucky to have such sweet and talented members who take the time to make them.

Though I hope it's not something I ever needed to say, every once in a while I'll remind people to please NEVER use emotes of me in any other models' rooms. I would just hate for me to distract or take attention away from a model even in a small way! Nearly all of the emotes start with "KP" so I think that makes it much less likely that someone might accidentally put my face or boobs or whatever in another model's chat.

Anyway, I never expected so many emotes of me to come about and it's kind of shocking to realize there are SO many, but it's become a fun aspect of the community for my regulars and myself, and I've embraced it and think it's lots of fun!

It's wise for your members to start the emote code with something that would never be mistaken for anything else. How many of us have typed :shy on MFC and been surprised at the result? I must have done it at least 50 times myself. Very short memory :icon-cry:

Reactions: KayleePond
:lol: Well, :shy seems somewhat harmless at least:

cUh1dDJ.jpg

Now, I often end a night in a room by typing :byebye which is a rather poorly done but cute, waving kitteh

uOKzcS0.gif

However, once, without looking first, I typed what I thought was a rather innocuous :nightnight

ug0rEZz.gif

Everyone laughed at me as I scrambled to explain I'd typed the wrong trigger. :)

Nordling said:
:lol: Well, :shy seems somewhat harmless at least:

cUh1dDJ.jpg

Now, I often end a night in a room by typing :byebye which is a rather poorly done but cute, waving kitteh

uOKzcS0.gif

However, once, without looking first, I typed what I thought was a rather innocuous :nightnight

ug0rEZz.gif

Everyone laughed at me as I scrambled to explain I'd typed the wrong trigger. :)

Yeah shy is not a big deal. It tends to get the model and room laughing, since they have all probably done the same thing. :lol:

Reactions: Nordling
I can't seem to find or remember it but there is some variation of :app that results ain pretty nasty Dick pic. I have posted that a few times by accident and been pretty embarrassed. :oops:

HiGirlsRHot said:
I can't seem to find or remember it but there is some variation of :app that results ain pretty nasty Dick pic. I have posted that a few times by accident and been pretty embarrassed. :oops:

:lol: This one has caught me more than once. I just checked and it is :aapl but I am sure it was a different code before. Maybe we are thinking of different emotes, but this one shows a license plate with "I suck dick."

Reactions: AshleyFox
We call it "Emote Roulette" when someone tries out a code without knowing or remembering what the image actually is. It's often a fun, horrifying, and sometimes disappointing game. But mostly just hilarious. :lol:

JimsX said:
HiGirlsRHot said:

:lol: This one has caught me more than once. I just checked and it is :aapl but I am sure it was a different code before. Maybe we are thinking of different emotes, but this one shows a license plate with "I suck dick."

Yup that is the one, it was painful enough that I blocked the exact image out of my mind. :D I not an accurate typist so I just use variations of :clap..

I have found from experience that trying out new emotes in form of a 5 token tip note is a good method.

Reactions: JimsX
KayleePond said:
We call it "Emote Roulette" when someone tries out a code without knowing or remembering what the image actually is. It's often a fun, horrifying, and sometimes disappointing game. But mostly just hilarious. :lol:
It's fun and games until the member who constantly loses at "Emote Roulette" keeps trying their luck, then it's just...

:-D

Attachments

• tumblr_me3sk5OkV01qdpl9ro3_500.gif
    tumblr_me3sk5OkV01qdpl9ro3_500.gif
    975.8 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: KayleePond
Status
Not open for further replies.