AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tips/advice about cam sites?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2, 2010
Hi, I was wondering what cam sites do models use to make money. I’ve looked into naked.com and other sites but im not sure which one is good, any advice for newbies like me?

sheryl said:
Hi, I was wondering what cam sites do models use to make money. I’ve looked into naked.com and other sites but im not sure which one is good, any advice for newbies like me?

After you read some of the forum here you'll probably get the hint that we love MFC. :)

There are girls here who have tried out a multitude of cam sites, but I think the favorites are MFC, Streammate and possibly LiveJasmin.

if you really made the desision to do it...

just sign up at all sites you come across and think your intrested in working at
i had accounts on 6 sites at once...

and choose 2: streamate and myfeecams

mfc has a big payout and no studio crap or anything.. and i love the way you can costumize your profile
streamate is cattogorized (more exposure in your cattogory) and easy to use..

just try them all out! you have to find out yourself what you like or not...

cool thanks for the info, i think im going to focus more on producing videos and pictures and then selling them online. I tried to sell some on fiverr.com, had a good response but they soon let me know that it's not for adult material! http://extralunchmoney.com seems to be a good fit for what im trying to do, too bad it hasn't launched yet.

sheryl said:
cool thanks for the info, i think im going to focus more on producing videos and pictures and then selling them online. I tried to sell some on fiverr.com, had a good response but they soon let me know that it's not for adult material! http://extralunchmoney.com seems to be a good fit for what im trying to do, too bad it hasn't launched yet.
Well, there's also clips4sale.com. LovelyLemon has a store there, and perhaps a few of the other models here do, too. The clips are a little on the expensive side (minimum prices set by the site, I think), but if you're what people are looking for, that should not be a problem. I've never bought anything there myself, but the variety is staggering.

Adultwork.com is good for selling pictures and videos, and they give you a 70% cut. :D You can sell pay per view movies, where the person watches them on site, or for videos over 15 minutes long, you can sell them as rentals where the person can download them, although I've not tried that so I don't know how good it is.

If you do set up a profile, add your movies one each day... and make sure before you add the second days one when the first one has gone off the latest movies page, then you'll be on the latest movies page more and will have more chance of selling your movies. :D
Same for pictures, although the pictures page moves quicker than the movie one, pictures stay on the latest picture page for about 6 hours I think, it depends what time you add them. The more your pictures are on the latest picture page, the more people will see them and hopefully buy them. :D

I have worked on 3 cam sites. One of them I only did temporary, the other was naked.com. I found out about MFC from a member on naked.com and when I started on MFC I didn't want to go back to naked. But I just recently reactivated my account on Naked and so I do both Naked and MFC. I love MFC very much, the last couple of days have been pretty slow for me, so I have worked on Naked the last two days and have done pretty well. It is only $1 a min and that sucks, however they have added a spy feature on the site so you can make more than $1 if you have spies. I think it is always good to be on at least two sites, so when one is slow you have the option of doing the other. I have also thought about becoming a phone sex operator, I got two companies that were going to hire me, but I have been so busy I haven't gotten to start with them, I don't want to do more than I can handle. I also go to school full-time at night.

I made an account on StreamMate but while I was looking at the paperwork my innervoice told me it felt weird.
Then while I was reading the information it struck me reallllly odd.

Did any of you notice they they refereed money as "monies" ?
I Dont know how I feel about legal paperwork referring to anything in a cute fashion.

QueenMeadow said:
I made an account on StreamMate but while I was looking at the paperwork my innervoice told me it felt weird.
Then while I was reading the information it struck me reallllly odd.

Did any of you notice they they refereed money as "monies" ?
I Dont know how I feel about legal paperwork referring to anything in a cute fashion.

I know some MFC models who also work on Streamate and they are doing good there. They never said anything about not being paid or that the site was unprofessional.

That being said, I believe the contracts with sites have few or no legal value. They can call money, monies, pennies, strawberries or butterflies... if they decide to close your account or even stop/delay the payment, you will have a hard time to claim your money.

[quote="Did any of you notice they they refereed money as "monies" ?
I Dont know how I feel about legal paperwork referring to anything in a cute fashion.[/quote]

Monies is a legit word... so is Moneys... Neither are incorrect nor cute.

MFC IS THE PLACE TO BE!
I looked at a lot of other sites and found none of them to be as user friendly or aesthetically pleasing as MFC...

JoleneJolene said:
MFC IS THE PLACE TO BE!
I looked at a lot of other sites and found none of them to be as user friendly or aesthetically pleasing as MFC...
Oh how I wish Mfc had a male section...

Jebbaz said:
JoleneJolene said:
MFC IS THE PLACE TO BE!
Oh how I wish Mfc had a male section...
I'd teep you bb! How many tokins for helicopter? :lol:

I was ImLive and fuck them. I tried signing up with Streamate but haven't had a printer for the forms until now. I've been reading that many models enjoy that site but I'm afraid there are so many people there now I may not get much attention there. Plain and simple....MFC rocks!

ScarlettLeigh said:
I was ImLive and fuck them. I tried signing up with Streamate but haven't had a printer for the forms until now. I've been reading that many models enjoy that site but I'm afraid there are so many people there now I may not get much attention there. Plain and simple....MFC rocks!

I did ImLive and didn't really care for them either! I do really really enjoy MFC, but gosh darnit I want to get screwed... and no one wants to take me private lately.
I'm just asking the questions about streammate because YES, I am interested in being screwed... but I Dont want to be screwed in the sense of handing over my drivers ID number, SSI, and whatnot and having someone take advantage of me. Just feeling around and making sure it is the best move for Meadow.

Xpoison_Ivyx said:
Naked.com = $1 a min and you can't sign up independently.[/q

Hi there first I have to say you are so pretty :oops: But seriously that is not quite true. On Naked.com you start at 1$ a min but if you are on regular they will raise you to 1.30 a min and then to 1.50 if you are popular. If you click on models wanted on the bottom of the page you can sign up independent. I worked independently until a couple of my girlfriends decided to sign up so I have a studio account now and I pay the girls 1.30 a min. (if they signed up on there own they would have to had started at 1$ a min)

I just recently discovered MFC and was shocked to see hardcore shows in free chat. Not that I would be against it if there is $ to be made lol. I am still a little confused as to exactly how the site works. Can somebody please give me a quick rundown on how the chips work? I am one of the top rated models on Naked.com and do ok but was just curious if I could make a lot more on MFC or maybe doing both? Any info anyone can give me would be much appreciated

calichickxxx said:
Xpoison_Ivyx said:
Naked.com = $1 a min and you can't sign up independently.[/q

Hi there first I have to say you are so pretty :oops: But seriously that is not quite true. On Naked.com you start at 1$ a min but if you are on regular they will raise you to 1.30 a min and then to 1.50 if you are popular. If you click on models wanted on the bottom of the page you can sign up independent. I worked independently until a couple of my girlfriends decided to sign up so I have a studio account now and I pay the girls 1.30 a min. (if they signed up on there own they would have to had started at 1$ a min)

I just recently discovered MFC and was shocked to see hardcore shows in free chat. Not that I would be against it if there is $ to be made lol. I am still a little confused as to exactly how the site works. Can somebody please give me a quick rundown on how the chips work? I am one of the top rated models on Naked.com and do ok but was just curious if I could make a lot more on MFC or maybe doing both? Any info anyone can give me would be much appreciated

mfc is really different from any other webcamsite.. there are rules to be followed but alot of girls know they can break them because there isnt really much attention for it...

there are different token packages.. the lower the package the more expensive the tokens get
the lowest package is 200 tokens the members will pay $ 0,10 per token..
900 token packages will cost the members $ 0,08 per token

so depending on what package the members have purchased.. the models gets paid 50 to 65% (higher packages,higher %)
you can tip the models in public chat, officially tips are just to show appreciation, but in the last months it began to be getting things easy and fast
some models do hardcore sex shows in public for 2000 tokens...
some only get undressed for the same ammount, its all up to the girls, but the rules state that you can be naked, but no mastrubation,penetration of any kind if allowed.

then there is private chat = 60 tokens = 6 dollars a minute
and group show = 10 tokens = 1 dollar a minute
spy/voyeur = 20 tokens = 2 dollars a minute
true private (no spy possibility) = 80 tokens = 8 dollars a minute

depending on how lucky you are, the time you are on, who notices you, and how you run your room.. you can make a hell lot of money
the top models make up to 100.000 dollars a month.
but remember there are also 100.000 models active every payperiod.
it all depends on alot of factors, just try and see if it can get you somewhere
it doesnt mean anything to be a topmodel on one site.. the other can bump you down a whole lot.. and visa versa
its never a bad idea to cam on different sites.. in my opnion it can get you alot more opertunity to earn more money and get to know all kind of different people...
hope this helped you some..

good luck!

I started on Live Jasmin and I agree with Jebbaz. Lasted a grand total of 6 weeks as i hated it. The software was shit, the admins were utterly unhelpful and there were a lot of trolls on there who ended up in my room. MFC is fab as there is so much more scope to do your own thing and I have some great friends and I would like to be able to make all my income on cam there, but I have found that Adultwork although not as much fun, is great for privates and moneywise works out well for me (and you can set your own price for private and group as well as selling videos and access to pic galleries). So I do both. I've also just signed up for Skin Video so will see how that goes.

I would say that it is definitely a good idea to work more than one site. Variety is the spice of life. Being self employed, it's all about keeping several different revenue streams and making sure that you don't put all your eggs in one basket as my grandma used to say...

I started on Peepshows and VS with a studio! (Uggg... I was so dumb.)

I then went to MFC where I couldn't compete.

I then tried SkinVideo but I didn't have the fan base to bring with me.

Then I found Streamates and I love it there!

The point I think is we all have different styles and each site works differently for different models... It took me 6 months of trial and error before I found the site that worked best for me!

I hope this was helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.