AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Going full time? Advice? Wisdom?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Jan 4, 2020
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone had advice about when it's ok to go full time with webcamming. Everyone I know works a 9-5 so it's pretty ingrained right now that I have to stick out a 9-5 too.

I'm starting to question myself more and wonder why I don't do this full time. Does anyone have advice or words of wisdom? What was your final straw or kick in the ass to go full time or quit your regular job?

I make decent money at my regular job. Nothing to rave about but still hard to let go. However, it has become so much more stressful and drains me to the point I don't have energy for anything else after work and just lay down and scroll on my phone. With camming I'm able to make double or more my salary in 1/3rd the hours and with WAYYY less stress. Please send wisdom ♥️

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone had advice about when it's ok to go full time with webcamming. Everyone I know works a 9-5 so it's pretty ingrained right now that I have to stick out a 9-5 too.

I'm starting to question myself more and wonder why I don't do this full time. Does anyone have advice or words of wisdom? What was your final straw or kick in the ass to go full time or quit your regular job?

I make decent money at my regular job. Nothing to rave about but still hard to let go. However, it has become so much more stressful and drains me to the point I don't have energy for anything else after work and just lay down and scroll on my phone. With camming I'm able to make double or more my salary in 1/3rd the hours and with WAYYY less stress. Please send wisdom ♥️
I waited for several months camming as much as I could while still working full time else wheres. Once I saw it was possible for me to meet my budget camming only, I quit my other job.

The first few years I had times when I was lonely and the monotony of camming got to me, so then I took on low stress vanilla side jobs, that were not that serious (imo not serious anyways - easy work). I met my life partner during one of those, and then I never felt lonely or isolated again after that, and have been cam full time ever since. So I've been full time cam and clips only since 2017. But I started back in 2014.

With how the economy has been, and with how many models are struggling, I would just make extra sure you're able to consistently meet your minimum budget needs before doing it.
I would also make sure you have some savings, or a free sizable limit on a credit card or something, as extra cushioning, before throwing yourself in.
That's my advice.

If you're already clearing your money goals easily, even with how slow things have been, you're probably golden.
Because I think things are hopefully going to get better again, from this year on.

On most of the forums I always read models posting that they tended to make more the longer they did this.
The last few years I have seen more models sharing that they are burning out faster, than before. Which I think is the market and more political, not them.
More woman hating/ controlling ideologies going around openly, and actually having political success.
It's a super tough, divisive social environment right now, and will only get more tense during an election year.
I think some models are making less than they did prior years, so it's very tough, and not the pattern I always saw before. Don't take any unnecessary financial risks.

But if you're confident that your tough enough psychologically to handle it, with good, strong boundaries, you're probably fine.

Last edited:
I normally don't reply to things in "Ask-a-Model" as I am not a model and cant speak to anything model-specific. But this part spoke to me and is not model specific....
I make decent money at my regular job. Nothing to rave about but still hard to let go. However, it has become so much more stressful and drains me to the point I don't have energy for anything else after work and just lay down and scroll on my phone.
If your current job drains you and makes you feel stressed... Just know that the odds of that job changing to where you don't feel that way there anymore, are astronomical.
I've had jobs like that before that just ended up being bad for my mental health where I would do the same, come home and disassociate with mindless scrolling. That's a fast-track to depression for me.
To me, you describing your "day job" as you did, sounds like you need to consider a job/career change anyways... whether it's a different day job or more camming.
Again, I can't speak to either, but it sounds like you need some type of change for the better.
Wish you the best of luck!

• Hugs
Reactions: MarieElise
I normally don't reply to things in "Ask-a-Model" as I am not a model and cant speak to anything model-specific. But this part spoke to me and is not model specific....

If your current job drains you and makes you feel stressed... Just know that the odds of that job changing to where you don't feel that way there anymore, are astronomical.
I've had jobs like that before that just ended up being bad for my mental health where I would do the same, come home and disassociate with mindless scrolling. That's a fast-track to depression for me.
To me, you describing your "day job" as you did, sounds like you need to consider a job/career change anyways... whether it's a different day job or more camming.
Again, I can't speak to either, but it sounds like you need some type of change for the better.
Wish you the best of luck!
Thank you for pointing out that part. I think you're right I'm on the fast track to depression with this 9-5. I've been contemplating a career change but I do love camming. I've done it off and on for so long now and always regret not pursuing it full time. It is just hard to know when to pull the trigger and actually do it

• Hugs
Reactions: ElGato
Thank you Marie for all of that advice! I know how up and down the days and weeks can be financially. I try to always look at the averages. I've always been afraid to go full time because I don't know what I would average doing it with more hours or more consistently. But every time I've tried it I've gone above my goals. I think it's just scary to step away from being a 9-5 employee to this even though it benefits me more financially 😅

• Hugs
Reactions: MarieElise
Thank you Marie for all of that advice! I know how up and down the days and weeks can be financially. I try to always look at the averages. I've always been afraid to go full time because I don't know what I would average doing it with more hours or more consistently. But every time I've tried it I've gone above my goals. I think it's just scary to step away from being a 9-5 employee to this even though it benefits me more financially 😅
It is scary.

Sounds like your job isn't good for you. Mine wasn't good for me either.

I love camming, makes me so much happier! Way less traumatic.
If you are consistently doing well in this economy then that's a strong indicator that it could be a really positive thing for you.

It might help to make a list of pros and cons, and identify your biggest fears. Idk you might be a totally different person from me, but for me it helps to organize all my thoughts down on paper, and then think about what route I'd take in each different hypothetical. That way you have a plan for every possible outcome. Gives a nice feeling of confidence and security. It can help a lot w decision making.