AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tips on selling used panties??

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2017
Arizona
Twitter Username
@viviplxsh
Tumblr Username
plxshpixie
Chaturbate Username
viviplxsh
I've never done this before but I thought it'd be a good way to make some extra cash. Does anyone have tips on how to get started or how exactly this could work?? I know there's like ManyVids, but I kinda don't do videos anymore and I think you have to have videos to use that site. I'm currently a camgirl on Chaturbate!
If anyone has any tips or advice it'd be much appreciated!

You can have it as a tip menu item. I have it as an option for people who are in my member's club, since I personally would not sell panties (or anything that would need to be mailed out) to anyone who I didn't already have some kind of rapport with. There was a girl who got in some legal trouble awhile back for mailing used panties, so I've always been a little paranoid about it, but I'm a worry wart, haha.

However, aside from the tip menu option you could also have it as a HT prize during one of your shows, which would let people know that you do offer it and could possibly generate some good tips.

If you're a Reddit user, r/thepantydrawer is a good place to sell. Avoid the website PantyDeal, they make you pay to post and that's silly to me.

There was a girl who got in some legal trouble awhile back for mailing used panties, so I've always been a little paranoid about it, but I'm a worry wart, haha.

Out of curiosity, what was the legal issue with it, exactly?

I make note of my worn item sales in my notifiers and mention it whenever people complement my underwear or socks, or whatever. I like to make my 'worn gear' very personalized, meaning buyers can choose which pair (from my inventory, which I use a photo for) and select different pricing options for how long I wear them among other things.

The worst thing you can do is charge a flat rate for ALL of your worn undies, with no options on how long they are worn etc. Too many models do this - it eliminates any semblance of intimacy/personalization, which is the reason most guys want to buy *your* undies instead of another model's. I have an 'info form' that my buyers can fill out that auto-calculates the end price for them. It includes the amt of days worn, 'special' requests, photoset options (of me wearing them), and all pricing, shipping, and rules info. Very streamlined, but very personalized. Works great for me!

If you don’t mind, I’m very interested in your breakdown of this. I want to get into selling my panties and have been wondering how to go about starting it. If you could possibly drop me a line here on what you know about it and what works for you I’d really appreciate it! :)
I make note of my worn item sales in my notifiers and mention it whenever people complement my underwear or socks, or whatever. I like to make my 'worn gear' very personalized, meaning buyers can choose which pair (from my inventory, which I use a photo for) and select different pricing options for how long I wear them among other things.

The worst thing you can do is charge a flat rate for ALL of your worn undies, with no options on how long they are worn etc. Too many models do this - it eliminates any semblance of intimacy/personalization, which is the reason most guys want to buy *your* undies instead of another model's. I have an 'info form' that my buyers can fill out that auto-calculates the end price for them. It includes the amt of days worn, 'special' requests, photoset options (of me wearing them), and all pricing, shipping, and rules info. Very streamlined, but very personalized. Works great for me!

You can have it as a tip menu item. I have it as an option for people who are in my member's club, since I personally would not sell panties (or anything that would need to be mailed out) to anyone who I didn't already have some kind of rapport with. There was a girl who got in some legal trouble awhile back for mailing used panties, so I've always been a little paranoid about it, but I'm a worry wart, haha.

However, aside from the tip menu option you could also have it as a HT prize during one of your shows, which would let people know that you do offer it and could possibly generate some good tips.
Out of curiosity, what was the legal issue with it, exactly?
Fluids/excrement most likely.
If you go to anywhere where panty selling is a big thing you will quickly realize that a lot of people like them "extra dirty" at which point they become considered hazardous.
That case of a women getting into legal trouble for sending used panties was back in 2002.
And the reason why they charged her was because the panties contained human feces.

If you don’t mind, I’m very interested in your breakdown of this. I want to get into selling my panties and have been wondering how to go about starting it. If you could possibly drop me a line here on what you know about it and what works for you I’d really appreciate it! :)

Sure, no problem! This will be a bit thorough, so bear with me...

First thing - when I started selling my worn briefs/jocks/socks etc, I had to ask myself the golden question: "Why is ___ buying from ME?"

My fans and viewers could go to any one of thousands of guys out there who sell their 'gear'. Why buy from me as opposed to any random person? 9 times out of 10, your buyers want *your* stuff because it's YOU. It sounds obvious, but it's a key point I see a lot of models glossing over / forgetting. Most buyers like the intimacy and tangibility of having something they know that you have worn. Furthermore, no two buyers are the same - some guys like really well worn briefs (worn at the gym, to sleep, etc) , and others just like the idea of you having worn them for a day. It's really important to give these buyers options so they can 'personalize' the worn items. Buying worn stuff is pretty much in the realm of fetish, and we all know fetishes are very specific to the individual.

I've seen a lot of guys on Chaturbate put something in their Bio along the lines of "Worn briefs - 1000 tokens". No mention of how long they've been worn, no options for having them 'cummed on' (sorry for the TMI, but this is a very common request you'll get), not even an option for what type of briefs. The fans are expected to simply fork over 1000 tokens and they get whatever the model sends them. I think this is a very lazy business model and the model is missing out on 1) happy fans 2) repeat buyers and 3) more money, to be honest. Giving your buyers options also makes them feel special, shows them that their money is well-spent and that you respect their personal wants.

So this is how I do it: I wrote up an info form called 'Tex' Worn Gear Info Form'. I keep it in a notepad on my computer and copy+paste the form when someone requests worn stuff. I mention in my Bio and on my notifier app that I do worn gear sales - fans are directed to either tip note me their email or DM me on Twitter for the info. At least on CB, tip-notes are imperative for email because normal public comments disappear when you log off and can compromise a buyer's privacy. The tip notes remain after you log off and you can go through and pull the emails at the end of the day. Twitter DMs are easiest, though.

When a prospective buyer contacts me, I send them my info form. It has all of my pricing options, payment methods, shipping options, and rules. I have a 'base price' for my briefs and socks and charge an additional, say, $10 per day that the buyer wants me to wear them. So that's base price + 10/day (even one day is + $10 - I'll explain in a moment how I avoid confusion here). I have a few common request prices in there ('ejaculated on' for instance) and mention that I can provide a quote for special requests (let's face it, some guys are very kinky and like something a bit more than just worn or masturbated on).

I offer two shipping options - 2day priority and overnight. I use the base prices quoted by the postal service and add a few dollars to account for packaging. The buyer can choose whichever option they want. I've never had anyone choose overnight, though - most guys are content with priority. I also note at the very top of my 'info form' that sales are domestic only. I still haven't worked out the logistics of international shipping and legalities so I avoid that for now.

The info form has an example at the bottom of how to fill it out - this is how I avoid confusion. It looks like this:

When you decide to purchase, check in with me by filling out the following and I will confirm:

Example:
Item: Black Gym Briefs
Special Requests: worn for 1 day
Shipping Method: priority
Payment Total: 50

In this example, the buyer has added the base price + # of days worn + shipping price for the total. I made sure to do just 1 day on the example so people know that 1 day worn isn't part of the base price.

I put out ALL of my briefs that are for sale on my bed and took a photo of them. I use this photo as my 'inventory'. Most guys will request something they've seen me wear on-cam, but I offer the option of looking at the inventory pic so they can choose whatever they want. If something has sold, I just mention it so I don't have to update the photo over and over again.

Last, I include free HD photo updates while I am wearing the items. It goes a LONG way with buyers - they love it! And it takes me 5 minutes at most. I just snap some sexy shots while I am wearing their item and email the pics while they wait for me to finish wearing them and ship. Offering the photos furthers the personalization and makes it more 'real'. The last thing you want is to be (or be suspected to be) one of those models who has a stockpile of preworn undies that they just mail out. I do everything 'made to order' and the pics prove it. Barely a hassle for me, and keeps buyers very happy.

Just make sure you note that you need to confirm orders before payment is sent. You can get some crazy requests (I had a guy fill out the info form requesting I wear a pair of briefs for SIXTY days...yeah, not happening). Fortunately, I don't allow payment until I confirm the order, so he didn't send me almost $700 for something I can't do! LOL

I put a 'rules' section at the bottom. My rules are simple: no mentioning the nature of the transaction in payment notes (most payment methods like PP allow you to write a note along with the payment). Also, PP payments have to be sent as friends + family so as to avoid long processing times and fees.

I suppose it all sounds complicated when I explain it here, but in the info form it's broken down to be very simple, concise, and clear. I've never had any problems and if someone fills out the 'order form' wrong, I just politely correct it for them.

As for shipping, I vac-seal everything. I don't let the vac compress them too air-tight, but enough so that the item doesn't get 'gross' and the package doesn't smell like anything at all. Just another reality of the business.

Another tip: I like to write my name on the inside of my briefs. "TEX" With panties, maybe you could write your name on the tag? This might not work for ladies, but with guys, it kind of hearkens to the whole 'writing your name on the inside of your undies' thing that men do. Just another way to make it all more personal.

My next step will be to add 'business cards' in my packages. I'm printing them up with my Twitter, OnlyFans, and ManyVids links on them along with a 'thank you note'. I hope to get around to this in the next month.

Anyway, I know that's an earful, but I hope it helps y'all! If anyone wants to see my actual info form, just PM me and I can send it to you so you can get an idea of how I do it. I'm no expert - I still have a lot to learn - but I am very business-minded and try my best to put those skills to use in this industry.

This is simply my method that I came up with. I'm sure a lot of the ladies here have even more valuable input on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.