AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tips situation

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't the couple actually be wasting their money since half of it is going to CB? I mean if the tipper is actually the bf/
husband , they're giving away 50% to cb basically. Not very smart. I doubt that would attract enough traffic to make up for it.
You can token recycle on CB. If he's verified as a broadcaster all she has to do is give him 1000 tokens and he tips them back to her to keep the room active.

Reactions: Dani10
Wouldn't the couple actually be wasting their money since half of it is going to CB? I mean if the tipper is actually the bf/
husband , they're giving away 50% to cb basically. Not very smart. I doubt that would attract enough traffic to make up for it.
Yeah, it has to be seen as an "investment" if there really is anything to be gained from doing such. I know there was a LOT of discussion about it happening for Miss MFC stuff back in the earlier days (not sure if it's as prevalent now.)

It's a form of marketing. You invest in tipping yourself - you are paying $$$ to boost your rank/visibility.

It's not a very cost effective strategy but that's all it is.
And presumably the platform has no interest in preventing this, right? I mean the initial investment to do this probably comes from previously received tips, so the platform is essentially receiving double bubble on the same money by taking a further cut again when it's recycled through the tipping system.

And presumably the platform has no interest in preventing this, right? I mean the initial investment to do this probably comes from previously received tips, so the platform is essentially receiving double bubble on the same money by taking a further cut again when it's recycled through the tipping system.
The site gets their cut from the initial token purchase, but no more if those same tokens are just passed back and forth between verified accounts.

Reactions: anabeauty37
The site gets their cut from the initial token purchase, but no more if those same tokens are just passed back and forth between verified accounts.
Just from that transaction in isolation, it's a loss to a 'team' (if that's what they're doing) because even with the biggest token purchase discount, those tokens are only worth a % on the dollar as the cashout value.
If (and a big if) this is happening, the financial hit is hoped to be recovered from making the room more popular.
Ah. I was making the assumptions that the initial tokens were first converted to cash and reinvested. It didn't occur to me that models could pass on tokens.

Ah. I was making the assumptions that the initial tokens were first converted to cash and reinvested. It didn't occur to me that models could pass on tokens.
Yeah I further edited that earlier reply because the tokens could also be those received from others, not necessarily purchased by anyone linked to the model. So there may not even be any initial investment, just using tokens from their balance. Of course, they would be tied up and not cashed out on that occasion, but you get the idea.

Reactions: MarieElise
Yeah I further edited that earlier reply because the tokens could also be those received from others, not necessarily purchased by anyone linked to the model. So there may not even be any initial investment, just using tokens from their balance. Of course, they would be tied up and not cashed out on that occasion, but you get the idea.
Of course, I'm still none the wiser as to the OP's grievance, but thanks for the clarification.

You've still not explained how it affects you though. And your understanding of the meaning of sarcasm is up there with your understanding of tipping.
ok, now ur insulting me, ur calling me stupid ha? ok, i can live with that just fine lol

It’s not always a scheme if there is one tipper who consistently attends shows and clears goals by himself. I think there are several members here on ACF, myself included, that have done that kind of thing consistently for models we visit a lot.

Sometimes we just find a model we like, and become a “regular.” When that happens, yes, we might spend a disproportionate amount of our “token budgets” in one or two rooms. It’s not a scheme, in those cases.

I don’t doubt that what you described happens, too. I’m just saying it’s pretty common for the single-tipper, goal clearing regular to just be a loyal customer and nothing more.

Who is "crucifying" you? Grievance is a perfectly acceptable word in this situation. You are aggrieved that she has more tokens than you.
No. im just a viewer, i dont cam. i just observe. grievance is a strong word, to be apllied to such pettiness at the end of the day

No it isn't like that at all. It's more like chumming the waters to see if the big fish want to come out to play.
I love the way you put that 😆

The comments you’ve quoted have no relation to each other.

Is that just misuse of the quote feature or are they actually trying to say self employed business owners shouldn’t be concerned with the spending habits of their clients lol? Because if so , I think this argument is getting to the point where several thousand of my brain cells are about to commit suicide 🤣

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Is that just misuse of the quote feature or are they actually trying to say self employed business owners shouldn’t be concerned with the spending habits of their clients lol? Because if so , I think this argument is getting to the point where several thousand of my brain cells are about to commit suicide 🤣
I can’t even tell what end is up anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.