AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tips situation

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 26, 2023
Hello, this is going to be controversial, but it's something that i think needs to be adressed. Because it is not fair...for cam girls who played it...fair. Which is the following: i noticed that there are girls with suscipious tippers. I explain: im not gonna mention names, but usually there's some cam girls streaming and they get huge amounts of tokens, and their goals being reached quickly, and that comes from just one guy. Tipically it's just 1 guy tipping ,with little effort ,the whole goals. I watch their shows, and that guy is always here. Its like..a scheme. Why? because i known personally, a cam girl, whose boyfriend created an account and used to tip her. She said to me that it was a strategy, to encourage REAL tippers, to tip. They also create a lively chat. it is a "marketing" strategy? nice, but still not fair., for those who struggle to get tokens.
So...that's it. Feel free to give feedback, and please, dont crucify me lol. it shouldnt be that extraordinary or infurating, just a thing, that actually happens, and viewers and potential tippers should know about!

• Funny!
Reactions: darcyduke
im not gonna mention names, but usually there's some cam girls streaming and they get huge amounts of tokens, and their goals being reached quickly, and that comes from just one guy. Tipically it's just 1 guy tipping ,with little effort ,the whole goals. I watch their shows, and that guy is always here. It’s like..a scheme. Why? because i known personally, a cam girl, whose boyfriend created an account and used to tip her. She said to me that it was a strategy, to encourage REAL tippers, to tip. They also create a lively chat. it is a "marketing" strategy? nice, but still not fair., for those who struggle to get tokens.

It’s not always a scheme if there is one tipper who consistently attends shows and clears goals by himself. I think there are several members here on ACF, myself included, that have done that kind of thing consistently for models we visit a lot.

Sometimes we just find a model we like, and become a “regular.” When that happens, yes, we might spend a disproportionate amount of our “token budgets” in one or two rooms. It’s not a scheme, in those cases.

I don’t doubt that what you described happens, too. I’m just saying it’s pretty common for the single-tipper, goal clearing regular to just be a loyal customer and nothing more.

I had many tippers like that, regulars who were tippng me almost everyday minimum 1month. One was coming 6 months on my every shift (i work everyday, mosty 2 shifts daily) amd spending 1000-4000 per day ,sometimes up to 6000 tokens:) And he wasnt my boyfriend. Many girls from first pages also had main tippers always the same, usually they are their mods. In my opinion is nothing unfair and totly normal situation ,for sure on chaturbate.

It's not against the rules so it's not something I would put a lot of energy into thinking about any more than you have already. Use your emotions to drive your motivation during your shows and one day you may find yourself sitting in their spot, holding court like they are. ;)

that guy is always here. Its like..a scheme
Some are just normal guys who enjoy spending time with one model. Some can look like they border on obsessive but its their tokens they can do what they like, its an adult site for adult people. Perhaps they just really like the model and know shes not there for free and by tipping they support her well!

On the flipside i can understand how it can look weird, especially if the model multistreams and the same user is in every single site the model is streaming on. Thats major red flags for me especially if their tipping on multiple accounts as it just looks creepy and dodgy.

Best advice is to just stay away from models if you dont like what they're doing. There's plenty other models about who would welcome new viewers and if there is ones who are "scheming" then they wont last very long if that one guy finally disappears!

I see what you are saying but that’s how the world works. Not everyone is born equal with the same opportunities. Just like some models have rich partners/ friends/ fans already, and some don’t. Correct me if I’m wrong someone, but isn’t that just free market capitalism, and how it works?

It would be impossible, and I would argue stupid, for the people running the sites to try to stop that. It isn’t even in their interest. They are not here to be idealistic, and make sure that everything is a completely even playing field. They are businesses that are here making money from us, off of us. And they want to make as much as possible, just like any other business.

Reactions: Vixxen81
like i knew, u guys just dont get it, u just dont understand and totally scrumble this in a mixer to give a different result

Hello, this is going to be controversial, ...
Speaking from the visitor side, I made a decision long ago to invest in a single model. Yes it would be fun to flit from one room to another, buying flashes and shows - for a while. But in the long run I've found it better to invest in one broadcaster, getting to know her little by little and being there in the good times and the bad. I'm not there every day, I have a life of my own perhaps unlike some of the guys you are talking about, and I try to be careful of over-chatting and speaking for her to other visitors :)

If it bugs the model to have some heavy tipper constantly talking and bossing the room, there's a cure for that. I know my friend has banned some very heavy tippers for it after being warned. Somehow she survived :)

She does not share tokens with me.

like i knew, u guys just dont get it, u just dont understand and totally scrumble this in a mixer to give a different result
I guarantee you we "get". It's just that it isn't reasonable to feel that way about it. And we're trying to make you "get" that.

If you look at camming in this way, you're not focusing on the right things.

Then elaborate and explain more about what you mean. Right now it feels like either you haven’t clarified conscisely what you are upset about, or you’re just mad people aren’t agreeing with you. So elaborate and tell us more, if that is not the case.

Reactions: NotYou and Ozzie_
its an arrangement, between the camgirl and their boyfriend/hubby/friend
I'm still not sure how it's unfair either. I mean, it doesn't increase the cost of tokens for you and you can still buy and spend tokens on her. Right?

We don't understand how someone else tipping lots of tokens affects you. You can still also tip loads of tokens. Or a few tokens. Even if it is her boyfriend or associate tipping, it's not clear how it impacts you in any way. Unless you have got some kind of need to race him to clear the goals.

Reactions: MarieElise
If you’re spending so much time in a model’s room that you know her members and their tipping habits, maybe you should also tip her.

I’m guessing this is on Chaturbate? From my understanding their algorithm is mostly based off how many viewers are in the room, right? And CB models don’t have a rank based on tokens earned like on MFC? If that’s all correct, I don’t see why anyone would be that upset over a model getting tipped by one user who may or may not be the model’s partner.

I could maybe see getting upset if it was on a site like MFC if the model was self tipping (which imo is sort of what OP implied saying it was a boyfriend tipping) enough to put herself at a very high rank and you were also going for a very high rank. Like, I’m talking top 20. But even then, they’re the ones wasting their money. I don’t think that’s super common, though. I can only think of one person who actually got caught doing that.

But no matter the site it was on, if you’re a model and you’re going into other models’ rooms for any reason other than to support her or because you genuinely enjoy her stream, you’re wasting your time on negativity. Time that could be spent doing something productive or positive.

We don't understand how someone else tipping lots of tokens affects you. You can still also tip loads of tokens. Or a few tokens. Even if it is her boyfriend or associate tipping, it's not clear how it impacts you in any way. Unless you have got some kind of need to race him to clear the goals.
dont be sarcastic. i knew, and like i said - this was gonna be controversial

If you’re spending so much time in a model’s room that you know her members and their tipping habits, maybe you should also tip her.

I’m guessing this is on Chaturbate? From my understanding their algorithm is mostly based off how many viewers are in the room, right? And CB models don’t have a rank based on tokens earned like on MFC? If that’s all correct, I don’t see why anyone would be that upset over a model getting tipped by one user who may or may not be the model’s partner.

I could maybe see getting upset if it was on a site like MFC if the model was self tipping (which imo is sort of what OP implied saying it was a boyfriend tipping) enough to put herself at a very high rank and you were also going for a very high rank. Like, I’m talking top 20. But even then, they’re the ones wasting their money. I don’t think that’s super common, though. I can only think of one person who actually got caught doing that.

But no matter the site it was on, if you’re a model and you’re going into other models’ rooms for any reason other than to support her or because you genuinely enjoy her stream, you’re wasting your time on negativity. Time that could be spent doing something productive or positive.
Active tipping on CB does affect room placement on pages, but I'm not sure how much of the algo is weighted on that alone. It can't be very much because I have had nights where users have thrown down thousands of tokens in my room and I never got out of the 20 to 25 person range of viewers and I normally hover around 10 to 15.

It's also very common on Chaturbate to broadcast to earn tokens to tip other models with instead of purchasing tokens. It's kind of a triple thrill thing -- they get to cam, earn tokens by camming and give them to their favorite.

Reactions: Smoothie
Active tipping on CB does affect room placement on pages, but I'm not sure how much of the algo is weighted on that alone. It can't be very much because I have had nights where users have thrown down thousands of tokens in my room and I never got out of the 20 to 25 person range of viewers and I normally hover around 10 to 15.

It's also very common on Chaturbate to broadcast to earn tokens to tip other models with instead of purchasing tokens. It's kind of a triple thrill thing -- they get to cam, earn tokens by camming and give them to their favorite.

I’m definitely not all that familiar with CB’s algorithm, but I always thought it was based a lot on the amount of viewers and that members who had tokens in their account weighed more into the algorithm vs guests/greys. But, I’m sure there’s other factors that go into their algorithm.

I’ve very rarely gone on CB, and anytime I did it seemed like the rooms at the top of the main page always had tons of viewers vs MFC where someone could technically be at the top of the home page with almost no viewers as long as they had a high enough camscore, which is determined by tokens earns vs time spent online.

Just wanted to clarify so that OP can see that it doesn’t make any sense to be upset over a model getting tipped by one viewer who may or may not be the model’s boyfriend/husband/partner. It doesn’t really help the model in terms of placement so it’s not unfair in that way. And someone tipping doesn’t always guarantee that someone else in the room will tip. And even if it did, I would imagine CB would prefer that over no one tipping at all.

Reactions: Vixxen81
In fact, you could almost make an argument that a model and her boyfriend doing this are putting themselves at a disadvantage instead of gaming the system in their favor.

When one tipper is routinely clearing goals and is always present in the room, it can discourage new tippers from joining in. That’s a complaint that pops up on this forum occasionally, members with tokens squatting in rooms without spending money because they know another guy will pay for the show.

That means another model (maybe you?) will be the one that finally wrestles the tokens from that stingy purple user’s kung-fu grip.

In my opinion it must be consistent tipping i mean 1000,1000,1000 and the end wont give you good placement, but 1,1,1,1,1 15,1 1 1 1 1 1,15, 15, 100,100,100 ,.1 ,1 yes. I noticed that few times also today. One day guy tipped me 3000 for "Play Justin Bieber song" haha I hate Bieber so this is my tipmenu to listen it :D And i was doing show and nothing moved. Another day i had 2 tippers who tipped me totally 2800 ,they were tipping together in smaller ampunts but for long time because they were trying to guess lucky number and instatly i UP very much in contest stats and number of viewers dropped up,. Today some lady was tipping me in 2,2,2,2,25. 77, 2,2,2,25 etc and totaly 3100 and the same- up in ranking and many viewers , but around 2 weeks ago when guy was sending me few times 1000- literally nothing moved. Somebody here was writing something about consistent tipping to be helpful ,like some girls whre doing promos for fanclub if somebody was tipping 1 as he entered room, then staying nd another 1 when he was leaving :D So i heard that algorithm is :good spenders in your room ( not necessary spenders in our room but in general plus consisting tipping so better in my opinion for ranking if somebody spent big amount in small amounts ). And actually i can see it that with those 1,1,1,1,1 guys who never spend a lot, spomethng is moving. But nobody knows algorithm,we can only guess

In fact, you could almost make an argument that a model and her boyfriend doing this are putting themselves at a disadvantage instead of gaming the system in their favor.

When one tipper is routinely clearing goals and is always present in the room, it can discourage new tippers from joining in. That’s a complaint that pops up on this forum occasionally, members with tokens squatting in rooms without spending money because they know another guy will pay for the show.

That means another model (maybe you?) will be the one that finally wrestles the tokens from that stingy purple user’s kung-fu grip.
You are right! This is happened to me when i had this guy who was tipping me 6 months. I was always thinking what wil be if he will leave because i didnt see others activity. When he left i was panicked but then i started doing even better and not counting on some specific guy but logging on and having new guys or just regulars who were coming once a week etc. Its very dangerous for small rooms like mine to have 1 regular who comes everyday.Of cours we feel safe as long he is in our camming life, but is very dangerous for our business.

Around 2016 CB changed the algo to be more fair (hahaha, sorry can't help it).

It used to be based solely on the number of registered viewers in the room, but like Marceline said about MFC that means the top room could be drawing zero tips and the model is still in the #1 spot earning that $11 prize for staying in that spot for an hour (or more). It wasn't fair to rooms that were turning goals left and right and had an active room. Fan club members, Token balance, and active tipping were added, anons have never counted. It may seem kind of weird, but I spent an enormous amount of time analyzing this whole thing with a code developer/programmer and that's the best we can figure out, of course we don't know what those weights are, only the programmers do. Honestly, we're probably better off not knowing how it all works.

There was one room that was offering to send 1 token to every user who emailed them and registered as broadcaster so they'd have more blues than greys in the room (now, THAT I think was dodgy stuff as they were literally buying their rank with tokens).

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackWizard
Wouldn't the couple actually be wasting their money since half of it is going to CB? I mean if the tipper is actually the bf/
husband , they're giving away 50% to cb basically. Not very smart. I doubt that would attract enough traffic to make up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.