AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Today I Learned (TIL)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting isn't it? Very valid point. If this was about tech for gamers or engineers none of the condescension would be there. But it's sex work so, naturally, we don't know any better.
It's such a weird thing right? as an engineering student, I already get called an expert in my field, because no one else at the office is the same kind of engineer as I am.. but as soon as it's something like camming, everyone becomes the expert.. I really hope this will change at some time, even as an EX cammer, I feel like so much of my expertise from it might be hella outdated even! so getting any info from you guys who have worked with it for long and still going is actually SUPER helpful

Today I learned how to properly use one of these sponge dish brushes that have a chamber you fill up:
View attachment 97761

I used to just fill that thing up with straight dishsoap and always wondered why it didn't seem to flow better, figured it was just a not-great design and that was that. Inexplicably I kept buying them, for years and years and years, I have surely had every brand and model that exists by now. I just found out that you're supposed to fill that chamber with soap AND water, and holy fuck, it works 100% better and I cannot believe I've been living like this for so long.
I use vinegar and dishsoap to clean the shower!

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
Popeyes chicken is really, really good but their sides are awful. They also ripped me off. I ordered 2 - 3 piece meals and only got 2 pieces of chicken in both and no receipt. It was my first time and might be the last.

• Helpful!
Popeyes chicken is really, really good but their sides are awful. They also ripped me off. I ordered 2 - 3 piece meals and only got 2 pieces of chicken in both and no receipt. It was my first time and might be the last.

I waited years to try their chicken sandwich that everyone went nuts about. I had it for the first time last year. I really like it.

The only side I’ve ever tried from Popeyes is the fries, and they’re fine (not great, not awful, just ok). But more to your point: the service at my location is VERY inconsistent. Sometimes it’s good. Other times it’s missing items, and occasionally they’re super rude and act like you’re being unreasonable when you ask for basic things like a straw or dipping sauce.

I waited years to try their sandwich too, and some uber eats guy drove it over to my house, sat outside parked, pretended he dropped it off (never getting out of the car), and left. I think the bastard ate it himself! So I went down and got one myself and it was really good.

I'll never forget that. It was insane.
I tracked his car the whole time, and even saw him pull in and park!
Unless my memory fails me, I think I was pregnant at the time too. When I was pregnant and craving certain items, I would get really mad, and almost aggressive if I couldn't get them. It really was the worst!

I waited years to try their sandwich too, and some uber eats guy drove it over to my house, sat outside parked, pretended he dropped it off (never getting out of the car), and left. I think the bastard ate it himself! So I went down and got one myself and it was really good.

I'll never forget that. It was insane.
I tracked his car the whole time, and even saw him pull in and park!
Unless my memory fails me, I think I was pregnant at the time too. When I was pregnant and craving certain items, I would get really mad, and almost aggressive if I couldn't get them. It really was the worst!

I don’t blame you, that would have made me angry too!

Never had that happen to me with food delivery. What did happen to me was almost the opposite dilemma: an Uber Eats (or similar) driver left a full meal at my doorstep that I did not order. They left before I could tell them they had the wrong address. Just dropped it at the doorstep, knocked twice and drove away.

With food delivery, I assumed once it’s misdelivered, they wouldn’t take it back and re-deliver it to the correct location. Safety reasons… they don’t know me or how I may have handled the food prior to returning it. But just to make a good-faith attempt to call out the mistake, I called the restaurant the food came from. They basically said yeah, we know which order that was, but the driver doesn’t work for us, so do whatever you want with the food.

It looked and smelled delicious, but I ended up throwing it out.

Reactions: Vixxen81
I'd be livid if someone ate my food and I don't trust people farther than I can throw them so I haven't tried any of the delivery services and that gives me more reason not to try them.

After looking at their menu again online, it seems I should have purchased an 8 piece bucket of chicken and a side of cole slaw and called it a day. $18 for four pieces of chicken and two barely big enough sides is outrageous.

Inconsistency in a chain drives me insane. There are posters and charts and standards everywhere an eye can see. Follow.the.damn.directions.

why'
I don’t blame you, that would have made me angry too!

Never had that happen to me with food delivery. What did happen to me was almost the opposite dilemma: an Uber Eats (or similar) driver left a full meal at my doorstep that I did not order. They left before I could tell them they had the wrong address. Just dropped it at the doorstep, knocked twice and drove away.

With food delivery, I assumed once it’s misdelivered, they wouldn’t take it back and re-deliver it to the correct location. Safety reasons… they don’t know me or how I may have handled the food prior to returning it. But just to make a good-faith attempt to call out the mistake, I called the restaurant the food came from. They basically said yeah, we know which order that was, but the driver doesn’t work for us, so do whatever you want with the food.

It looked and smelled delicious, but I ended up throwing it out.
Why'd you end up throwing it out? (if that's not too personal a question).

why'

You wouldn't throw it out? I'd be worried someone was trying to poison me, I watch Forensic Files.
Down With Love Omg GIF

You wouldn't throw it out? I'd be worried someone was trying to poison me, I watch Forensic Files.
Down With Love Omg GIF
Oh you're right. I just have such poor impulse control that it would already be down the hatch before I even thought of that. Especially if it smelled and looked good. All rational thought and logic would have been over-ridden, until after the fact. I'm going to remember this convo if food ever arrives at my door unexpected, it might save my goddamn life!

ETA; I am really good with not opening unexpected packages in the mail though. I learned that from watching true crime.

• Hugs
Reactions: Vixxen81
I'm even suspicious of anything I DID order myself.. if the seal is broken on the box or the bag (they put seals on here to make sure delivery drivers don't snatch anything) I won't even eat it xD I'll just get the refund and then figure something else out

Today I learned that Leo's have good common sense.

:giggle: Perhaps a twinge of narcissism. LOL IDK who watches Vanderpump Rules but Stassi approaches Lisa and says, "you hate me." Lisa doesn't skip a beat and says, "You're not important enough for me to hate." I mean I sincerely doubt anyone truly wants to kill me, but I do have a distinct habit of really, really pissing people off. Better safe than sorry.

• Funny!
Reactions: Maxi and MarieElise
A few weeks ago I was at my friends new place and I logged into one of the food apps and set the new location to check out the local restaurants.

Anyway, cut scene to a week later when I order food, forgot I’d done that, and start to wonder where the food is after it said it was delivered 🤦🏻‍♂️😂 d’oh…

IMG_1214.jpeg

Correction; Today I learned that some Leo's have good common sense 😆
(that was in response to Maxi's share hahahaha).

ETA; Ok I responded before I saw your latest post hahahaha. And, yes, you are correct 😆
Cracking Up Lol GIF by Originals

• Funny!
Reactions: Maxi
why'

Just overly cautious. Odds are the food was perfectly fine and it was just a delivery mistake. But I’d hate to find out otherwise, the hard way.

The drink was the most tempting, though. Some kind of gourmet iced coffee type of thing (I’d be more specific but I didn’t taste it, so I don’t know).

There's literally one Popeye's here.(And one Wendy's). And I mean in the whole state. I never wanted to eat there though. It's just... out of place. But now I want to try it.
Speaking as someone from the American south who is constantly searching for delicious crunchy fried chicken that is moist and golden brown, Popeyes nailed it. I was actually mad they left it out not because I paid for it but because I wanted that third piece. I never want the third piece from anywhere else.

Reactions: Lilly_____
Popeyes is like the opposite of Chick-fil-A when it comes to consistently and quality of service, luckily though I live walking distance to one that's ran really well.

Also everytime I think of Popeyes these rcd1world.videos come to mind

Today i learned how to control toys with link ;D Man tipped for control and he sent me link to his toy haha So i sent him link to control mine and we were controlling each other. Fuck is not the easiest thing to be multitask in this thing:)

Status
Not open for further replies.