AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Today I Learned (TIL)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I learned that an oil change for a Bugatti Veyron costs $25,000 USD.
Bugatti recommends you do it once a year

Yeap... and tires cost $42,000USD for a set of four. they have to be changed every 18 months even if the car is not driven, if it's driven it can go through them really fast too due to speed etc. Further more, they are glued to the rims, which means every roughly 3 times you change tires, you need new rims, which afaik, costs around $100.000 for a set of four, some more expensive some less.

Yeap... and tires cost $42,000USD for a set of four. they have to be changed every 18 months even if the car is not driven, if it's driven it can go through them really fast too due to speed etc. Further more, they are glued to the rims, which means every roughly 3 times you change tires, you need new rims, which afaik, costs around $100.000 for a set of four, some more expensive some less.
Lesson for the day... buy a Volkswagen and use what's left over to tip your favorite models 😂

TIL: Baking sweetener and sweetener capsules/tablets they have for coffee, even though they both say they are the same type of sweetener are very very different when it comes to how my coffee tastes...worst cup of coffee ever 😂

Today I learned that "Lolita" is a forbidden term that refers to underage girls.
The origin of this term is a classic book written by Wladmir Nabokov in which he narrates the main character's attraction to his underage stepdaughter as he kidnaps her and travels the country with her. The story is told by the main character's point of view which makes it disturbing as he really believes he is right and believes Dolores (Lolita is a nickname for Dolores) loves him.

The book is highly criticized for that but the fact that it is written as a "memoir" (in quotes because it's fiction) in some attempt of redemption or approval shows how pathetic Humbert Humbert (our main guy) really was his whole life. I think it's a truly genius book!

The origin of this term is a classic book written by Wladmir Nabokov in which he narrates the main character's attraction to his underage stepdaughter as he kidnaps her and travels the country with her. The story is told by the main character's point of view which makes it disturbing as he really believes he is right and believes Dolores (Lolita is a nickname for Dolores) loves him.

The book is highly criticized for that but the fact that it is written as a "memoir" (in quotes because it's fiction) in some attempt of redemption or approval shows how pathetic Humbert Humbert (our main guy) really was his whole life. I think it's a truly genius book!
Didn't they turn that book into a movie too?

Didn't they turn that book into a movie too?
A couple I think. I've seen the 1962 Kubrick effort starring James Mason as Humbert, Sue Lyon as Lolita, Shelley Winters as her mother and Peter Sellers in a dramatic role for a change. I have no idea how different to the book it was, but for me at least, the pathetic nature of the Humbert character came across well.

Reactions: Lilly_____
A couple I think. I've seen the 1962 Kubrick effort starring James Mason as Humbert, Sue Lyon as Lolita, Shelley Winters as her mother and Peter Sellers in a dramatic role for a change. I have no idea how different to the book it was, but for me at least, the pathetic nature of the Humbert character came across well.
It was extremely censored and almost all of the abuse was "alluded" instead of depicted (thank God because Sue Lyon was only 14).

I’d love to hear a Ziggy Marley cover version of ‘Arthur’s Theme (Best That You Can Do)!

I randomly saw Ziggy live about 14 years ago in the States. Good times.

Ahh!! Animated TV series? Not the 1981 Dudley Moore movie? :facepalm:

I was thinking that a collaboration between Burt Bacharach and Ziggy Marley would have been quite interesting!
It’s the animated TV show, and now that we know it’s Ziggy, it makes perfect sense! Some AI needs made cover versions of the theme song (locally in Hebrew), in the style of other singers. The results were hilarious!

Reactions: Ozzie_
Yeah I can't tell the difference between mods or fan club members at all though I think mods sort on the list higher.

I had heard the glasses can help if you have a low insensitivity color blindness as it increases the contrast, but that wouldn't help me because mine is real bad.
🤔 I wonder if mods would behave differently if they were on the bottom of the list 🤷‍♂️

Today I learned that starting a diet and scheduling a vacation in Sicily could be counterproductive:)
Well at least their cuisine is mostly seafood...in insanely rich cream sauces. 🤣

I know many people swear by intermittent fasting for weight loss. One big meal for the day, don't eat past 7 PM and snack on raw proteins like almonds or pecans.

Well at least their cuisine is mostly seafood...in insanely rich cream sauces. 🤣

I know many people swear by intermittent fasting for weight loss. One big meal for the day, don't eat past 7 PM and snack on raw proteins like almonds or pecans.
It’s cool, I’m gonna stick to the wine anyway:)

Today I learned that starting a diet and scheduling a vacation in Sicily could be counterproductive:)

Oh, MAN! 👀 Lol.

I just thought of the episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where the Barones took a trip to Italy, and Ray had a cold and was in a foul mood during the trip. Until he took a bite of the pizza there, and then suddenly his cold has magically gone away…and he’s all happy again, and ready to be attentive to his wife. Lol.

Oh, MAN! 👀 Lol.

I just thought of the episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where the Barones took a trip to Italy, and Ray had a cold and was in a foul mood during the trip. Until he took a bite of the pizza there, and then suddenly his cold has magically gone away…and he’s all happy again, and ready to be attentive to his wife. Lol.
I am soooo coming back looking like a planet…

I am soooo coming back looking like a planet…
I’ve never been to Sicily, or Italy yet for that matter 🤦🏻‍♂️

Have fun and let us know what it’s like!

ETA: I’ve always wanted to go to Sorrento. I remember seeing postcards from there a little kid and thinking it looked somehow like ice cream :)

Reactions: Dan Epstein
Today I learned how to properly use one of these sponge dish brushes that have a chamber you fill up:
1695150434182.png

I used to just fill that thing up with straight dishsoap and always wondered why it didn't seem to flow better, figured it was just a not-great design and that was that. Inexplicably I kept buying them, for years and years and years, I have surely had every brand and model that exists by now. I just found out that you're supposed to fill that chamber with soap AND water, and holy fuck, it works 100% better and I cannot believe I've been living like this for so long.

I really have a deeper repsect for models joining this forum. I joined casue a few questions on google led me here, I stay and participate becasue its informative. A thread now being discussesd (on cameras) is somewhere between torture and laughter.
I am a member of other professional forums but the help we are are offered is simple and easy to follow, if i were a model I would ofcourse read the thread just on the off chance I could pick up something valubale, but its torture, and comes in the form a 3rd person. A huge thumbs up of respect to all the models who participate here actively.

On a side not the beneficary of my deeper respect is of course the models I frequent. who keep getting puzzeld why I tip more for the same stuff that I always tip for! I tell them its psychological inflation!

Last edited:
I really have a deeper repsect for models joining this forum. I joined casue a few questions on google led me here, I stay and participate becasue its informative. A thread now being discussesd (on cameras) is somewhere between torture and laughter.
I am a member of other professional forums but the help we are are offered is simple and easy to follow, if i were a model I would ofcourse read the thread just on the off chance I could pick up something valubale, but its torture, and comes in the form a 3rd person. A huge thumbs up of respect to all the models who participate here actively.

On a side not the beneficary of my deeper respect is of course the models I frequent. who keep getting puzzeld why I tip more for the same stuff that I always tip for! I tell them its psychological inflation!
It's interesting isn't it? Very valid point. If this was about tech for gamers or engineers none of the condescension would be there. But it's sex work so, naturally, we don't know any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.