AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Today I Learned (TIL)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TIL how to use our new accounts payable/receivable and inventory system.
It's not as bad as some of my coworkers made it sound.
It does not surprise me. Many people resist change. And many people, even though they may use a specific software package daily, are in fact not actually very computer literate (or even comfortable with computers).

Okay, now I'm pissed off. Today I learned...

On Chaturbate's Daily Payout the minimum is $20, not $50. WHEN DID THIS CHANGE? My life would have been much easier if I had known!!!!

Today I learned that the myth I was told years ago that pigs can't look up at the sky is, in itself, a myth.
While their stocky necks do make it hard for them to tilt their heads upwards when standing on all fours, when they sit down or lie down, they can see upwards.

As someone who often stares up at the sky to appreciate nature's beauty (I may have some hippy ancestry), I'm really glad to know this! Enjoy, piggies! :party:

Stand down, Adam and Jamie

myth busted.png

TIL That Fareed Zakaria, who authored The Rise of Illiberal Democracy in 1995's Foreign Affairs Magazine is a CNN host and he had an interview with Jon Stewart. It was odd because I thought he was just some weird Political theorist, but turns out he is still active today. Go figure. I read his work for my Political Science class last semester, it was a good read.

According to one research study, women on birth control blink 32% more often than women who are not on birth control.

TIL that elephants have prehensile penises. It never really occurred to me but it makes perfect sense.
Now I'm thinking about chickens, how do chickens do it? I can't picture doggy style because they don't have front legs or arms to brace themselves with, or they just scrape their faces on the ground, with their head acting as some sort of brace? Do the males position them in front of walls or trees? Missionary seems too wild for fowls too.

TIL that elephants have prehensile penises. It never really occurred to me but it makes perfect sense.
Now I'm thinking about chickens, how do chickens do it? I can't picture doggy style because they don't have front legs or arms to brace themselves with, or they just scrape their faces on the ground, with their head acting as some sort of brace? Do the males position them in front of walls or trees? Missionary seems too wild for fowls too.
Today I learned what 'prehensile' means!

Reactions: sponkel
All birds have a corkscrew shaped penis. Ducks have a false vagina* to prevent fertilization from duck rape (yeah it's a thing) and birds mount from behind just like most animals do.

*It's really not like a human vagina but cloaca sounds gross

All birds have a corkscrew shaped penis. Ducks have a false vagina* to prevent fertilization from duck rape (yeah it's a thing) and birds mount from behind just like most animals do.

*It's really not like a human vagina but cloaca sounds gross
Well shit Til. Thanks.

Corkscrew penis sounds nasty. So I guess the shape keeps the partner steady. Amazing.

Had to Google cloaca and yeah shouldn't have done that.

Well shit Til. Thanks.

Corkscrew penis sounds nasty. So I guess the shape keeps the partner steady. Amazing.

Had to Google cloaca and yeah shouldn't have done that.
Yeah, this is why we wash eggs before consumption in the US...cloacas. It's pretty fascinating stuff to me. Had chickens when I was a kid and they deserve to be eaten is all I have to say about that. 😇

• Funny!
Reactions: sponkel
Today I learned how to create visuals with Chat GPT's Dall E. I used all my credits so quickly . Hamster unicorn chilling on a sofa. View attachment 96167
You dont need to stop just because you are out of credits, a local install of stable diffusion and the models on hugging face will keep you distracted for hours 😂

Midjourny does some awesome stuff too if you dont mind the discord useage

DavinciAI is another one thats hosted that's credit based (uses stable diffusion on the backend) but gives you a fair few credits and if I remember right its on a daily reset.

All the models take prompts slightly differently, so thats something to keep in mind while you play about.

Reactions: Dan Epstein
TIL I learned that DiCaprio has sex with headphones on and blasting EDM. and he hits it from the back so he doesn't have to look at their faces. Strange thing to stumble upon early in the morning.

• Funny!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
TIL (well really a few days ago but 😅) If you have a custom built PC thats over 5 years old, or maybe any PC thats like 7 years old; DON'T UPGRADE TO WIFI 6 RIGHT AWAY!!! My PC only supports 2.4ghz because 5g wasn't a thing when it was built 🤦‍♀️ EVERYTHING connects but my PC lol 😅 so no camming for like a week now..

but on the bright side the solution is just having my cable company come back out and move the router to where my PC is and (FINALLY 🥰) have a Ethernet connection!!! could just replace the wifi adapter in the PC, or get a external one but I don't trust that 😅

Almost all WiFI-6 routers will still work with the 2.4Ghz N-band. There are also usually some options in the router that can be changed to maximize the change of the 2.4Ghz N-band working. But it is hard to know with the provider supplied routers as they seem to use odd-ball brands that do not seem to be that configurable, and they often make questionable settings choices.

About the only thing that would jump out at me for it to not work would be the new router having a dead spot because of were the PC is, but if it is still not working with the router beside the PC then that would seem unlikely.

One though though is I have had a router were one band (in my case the 5ghz) simply would never work at all(broken in some way), until I got it replaced under warranty. And outside of it simply not working right on 5Ghz it showed up on 5ghz for devices but would just not connect and work.

TIL that I really need to know the story behind this warning
343417554_680835887180289_6320953793314996126_n.jpg

Almost all WiFI-6 routers will still work with the 2.4Ghz N-band. There are also usually some options in the router that can be changed to maximize the change of the 2.4Ghz N-band working. But it is hard to know with the provider supplied routers as they seem to use odd-ball brands that do not seem to be that configurable, and they often make questionable settings choices.

About the only thing that would jump out at me for it to not work would be the new router having a dead spot because of were the PC is, but if it is still not working with the router beside the PC then that would seem unlikely.

One though though is I have had a router were one band (in my case the 5ghz) simply would never work at all(broken in some way), until I got it replaced under warranty. And outside of it simply not working right on 5Ghz it showed up on 5ghz for devices but would just not connect and work.
Yea I was on the phone with windows and spectrum for 2 hours each trying to figure it out. The way Spectrums Mesh Wifi-6 routers work is the 2.4 & 5 G are on the same network (before you had 2 networks, one 2.4, one 5) that is automatically 5g. But the devices that connect decide if they need 2.4 or 5.

My PC is the problem, not the router. My PC has outdated tech and only supports 2.4 at the moment. So it can't even detect the network. My provider advised me of my options as stated above. The best solution is going to be to just move the router as I only have one Co-ax output in my walls.

Thank you for the advice!! 😁 but unfortunately none of that is a option with Spectrums routers. They are not backwards compatible either. 😭

TIL that bees do not have lungs!
I just learned about Vulture bees today!!! They feed on meat and flesh and have crazy looking hives. they also produce royal jam or something (people often confuse it with "meat honey") and it looks straight up out of the war of the worlds movie!!

Yea I was on the phone with windows and spectrum for 2 hours each trying to figure it out. The way Spectrums Mesh Wifi-6 routers work is the 2.4 & 5 G are on the same network (before you had 2 networks, one 2.4, one 5) that is automatically 5g. But the devices that connect decide if they need 2.4 or 5.

My PC is the problem, not the router. My PC has outdated tech and only supports 2.4 at the moment. So it can't even detect the network. My provider advised me of my options as stated above. The best solution is going to be to just move the router as I only have one Co-ax output in my walls.

Thank you for the advice!! 😁 but unfortunately none of that is a option with Spectrums routers. They are not backwards compatible either. 😭

I think they are making stuff up there. wi-fi 6 is as a standard backwards compatible. Not being backwards would break too many random devices (smartTV's, older rokus, older phones, and printers in such).

Likely you will never get to someone who has 2 brain cells to figure out what the actual issue is. Support is great at handling the obvious stuff like the power is unplugged, but anything much more complicated and they keep asking if you are sure you have the power plugged in correctly.

I only run laptops on wireless, any desktops have wires run to them (even with wifi-6 a gbit wire is typically faster and more reliable).

I think they are making stuff up there. wi-fi 6 is as a standard backwards compatible. Not being backwards would break too many random devices (smartTV's, older rokus, older phones, and printers in such).

Likely you will never get to someone who has 2 brain cells to figure out what the actual issue is. Support is great at handling the obvious stuff like the power is unplugged, but anything much more complicated and they keep asking if you are sure you have the power plugged in correctly.

I only run laptops on wireless, any desktops have wires run to them (even with wifi-6 a gbit wire is typically faster and more reliable).
Yea if I connect the router directly to the PC, the problem will be solved. still haven't had them be able to come out yet 😅 but yea, some things don't work. For example: the Roku app Remote function. I have a old Roku box (not TV) and the app can't find the network either. Luckily I have the physical remote still.

Spectrum sucks 🤷‍♀️ but the rep on the phone actually asked me if it was compatible, which all I did was google search, type a code in the search bar to open the terminal, feed it a code, and read the specs. I was on the phone with Windows support and gave them remote access, they went so far as re-installing windows 10 on my PC, and they couldn't even figure it out. So I was very thankful for that rep. But yea haha. you would think it would be easy but it's really just my PC has a outdated part 😅

I feel really stupid for this lol... but today I learned that chemo therapy is NOT you sitting in a tanning bed like thing for hours. 🤦‍♀️my mom starts her treatment this Monday and I really thought she was getting Radiation 😅 we had a good laugh about that.

Today I learned how frustrating it is to be behind someone in the drive-thru who orders, and then decides to check every app on their phone without moving forward.

Yea if I connect the router directly to the PC, the problem will be solved. still haven't had them be able to come out yet 😅 but yea, some things don't work. For example: the Roku app Remote function. I have a old Roku box (not TV) and the app can't find the network either. Luckily I have the physical remote still.

Spectrum sucks 🤷‍♀️ but the rep on the phone actually asked me if it was compatible, which all I did was google search, type a code in the search bar to open the terminal, feed it a code, and read the specs. I was on the phone with Windows support and gave them remote access, they went so far as re-installing windows 10 on my PC, and they couldn't even figure it out. So I was very thankful for that rep. But yea haha. you would think it would be easy but it's really just my PC has a outdated part 😅
All ISP's support generally suck.

The easiest solution would probably be to get a wifi extender. They cost about $20 from amazon and basically you configure it to connect to your current spectrum wireless network and it then retransmits the old and new networks from its location (increasing coverage if you have a big house, or have lots of large metal blocking signals). Something like a tp-link re220. It basically can listen on the 5ghz network, and re-distributed the signal on the older 2.4Ghz N network that a number of your old devices need. And it could also be that the ISP device is not well placed. Near large metal "stuff" will block coverage, it also needs to higher up as too close to the floor can cause signal issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.