AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Token rates for privates going up without me doing it.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2020
Hi all.

I joined this forum to try to get some answers for a situation a friend is going through on CBate. No names will be used as to protect this person.

The private rate for this person was always at the lowest - 6 tokens. About 4-5 months ago, during a private, the private suddenly stopped. When i went to restart it, the rate was at 12. Then 18, 30, etc..It did this several more times within an hour, going up to the next rate amount each time until it got up to the maximum 90. The broadcaster said it wouldn't let her change the token rate for privates. The broadcaster has contacted support several times and nothing has been done. Obviously its affecting her income, as its quite a huge jump from 6 to 90. I contacted CBate support, and they told me she was doing it herself. I have been talking with this person for a few years now, and believe she is not doing it herself, although i have no way to be sure.

Today, it did it again, during the pvt, and jumped up to 120. How is this possible, when the maximum rate listed is 90?

Has anyone else experienced this huge private rate token jump and is not able to fix it?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

It is her doing it and no one else. Changing private show price needs manual input and then another manual confirmation ("save changes").

Sadly there really is no other explanation other than that she's trying to trick you.

Edit: don't take this personally but your user name is quite revealing. Do not be blinded or you might be the next guy with a thread asking if she really loves you. The answer will be no.

Upvote 0
Don't you still see it in the chat when its changed? If she has her hands on the mouse when it happens then its her, if she doesnt then its someone else that has access to the account.

Yep ti definitely does change in the chat. A model I know does the whole "6 per min" to draw folk in, then when she gets enough people, changes it to her regular price of 90, and I saw her do it today and it definitely showed in chat.
I have never ever known this bug to happen, never seen it, never read it from anyone, random or otherwise... as mentioned, it's her doing it or her boss/es.
Are you saying or doing anything in the pvt when this happens? I mean, have you started to get really emotional and heavy telling her you love her and blah blah? Or are you requesting/wanting something sexual that maybe she does not want to perform? Consider all the options.

Upvote 0
I'm with everyone else saying she's doing it herself and not admitting to it. Although, I'm surprised that CB allows for private rates to be adjusted once a private is started. If I found out a model was adjusting the rates on me while I was in there, that'd be the end of it and I'd not go back to visit.

While I can see where if a member wants more of an explicit private, then can pay more for it. But, I still think that should be up front and discussed before it starts. If it's 30 tokens at the start, and it gets bumped to a different amount, that's not what we agreed on.

OP, run for the hills... Or rather your "friend" should run for the hills ;)

Upvote 0
I'm with everyone else saying she's doing it herself and not admitting to it. Although, I'm surprised that CB allows for private rates to be adjusted once a private is started. If I found out a model was adjusting the rates on me while I was in there, that'd be the end of it and I'd not go back to visit.

While I can see where if a member wants more of an explicit private, then can pay more for it. But, I still think that should be up front and discussed before it starts. If it's 30 tokens at the start, and it gets bumped to a different amount, that's not what we agreed on.

If I read it correctly, I think when she adjusted the price, the in-progress show stopped and needed to be re-started at the new price... so technically, I guess CB isn’t “allowing it” so much as they’re putting it on the user to be aware that the price changed before re-starting the festivities.

But yes, unfortunately this appears to be coming from the model (or someone with access to her account).

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Upvote 0

OP, run for the hills... Or rather your "friend" should run for the hills ;)

During the private it can't be increased (as far as I am aware - although I have never had a model even attempt it on me that I know of). I am sure she is ending the show, then adjusting the pricing.

Upvote 0
If I read it correctly, I think when she adjusted the price, the in-progress show stopped and needed to be re-started at the new price... so technically, I guess CB isn’t “allowing it” so much as they’re putting it on the user to be aware that the price changed before re-starting the festivities.

But yes, unfortunately this appears to be coming from the model (or someone with access to her account).
During the private it can't be increased (as far as I am aware - although I have never had a model even attempt it on me that I know of). I am sure she is ending the show, then adjusting the pricing.

Then nah, model be damned I'll find somewhere else. Bait 'n switch someone else, I don't play that.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Just out of curiosity, who is the "me" person in the thread subject?
And why is this coming up now, 4-5 months later?

Anyway, I'm not big on privates but this has never happened to me. I've had a private end abruptly once, but the price was the same after.

Upvote 0
Don’t you know? It’s a “friend” of the OP as they said no names will be given to protect the innoc... err, guil... Err, dammit, associated individuals. ;)

Upvote 0
While we're on the subject of bait and switch: this reminds me of the SC model who doubled the lush prices once I started tipping for it. Toy levels can apparently be changed on the fly.
I thanked her for her "efforts" and left in a hurry.

Upvote 0
While we're on the subject of bait and switch: this reminds me of the SC model who doubled the lush prices once I started tipping for it. Toy levels can apparently be changed on the fly.
I thanked her for her "efforts" and left in a hurry.

I think, I may be wrong, but I think you can save different settings in the extension, so I guess you can easily switch between them?

Upvote 0
I think, I may be wrong, but I think you can save different settings in the extension, so I guess you can easily switch between them?
Apparently, yes. There are probably many (for lack of a better word) legitimate reasons to have several presets to choose from, but in this case it was (to my eyes) an obvious trick.

Upvote 0
Wow, thanks for all the responses!

ok, its me :/

We had actually been talking on and off since 2014. I left C-Bate twice in 2015 and 2016 for over half a year each time when i went through the deaths of both my parents in 2013 and 2014 .

When i came back for good in late 2016, she actually gave me her phone number for free, and weve been texting daily ever since. Even if its just a "good morning" and "goodnight" text. On weekdays, on weekends.. every day. She's talked about coming to the USA to meet me (shes in europe)

It's not like it went right from 6 to 90. It went up incrementally, each time the pvt stopped. Each time she asked what happened, and said her token rate box was all greyed out. I'm not a broadcaster, so i dont know how that works She does tell me her desktop isnt working right, so im not sure if that is a factor.

She swears she isn't doing it. In fact, yesterday, she texted me to tell me it did it again when she was with someone else. It has been stuck at 90 for about 3 months now, and yesterday she said it went to 120 and she cant change it.

She has a second name, and says she is unable to access it anymore. It's been about 7 months since she was on. She also belongs to one more camsite, and says she hasn't been able to access that since May. This is true, as we used that site for a bit when this token jump happened on C-Bate.

I really have a hard time believing that after 3 and a half years of literally talking in some form every day that she would pull this with me. She has around 6,000 followers, but the most i have ever seen in her room is maybe 20 people. I also find it hard to believe that she would not go on her two other accounts for half a year or longer just to pull a scam like this.

Basically, we will be camming, her screen will freeze, it will say offline, she will leave the room, come back, and we restart. I do not see it change in the chat. Like, i do not see it say "the models rate had changed from xxx to xxx" or whatever it does. Is that what it normally does? It's just one notch higher when i go to restart the private. And like i said, the majority of this was in one day, over a 45 minute/one hour period. It did not happen again until maybe a month ago when it went up to 120 and back down to 90 in the same session. And then yesterday like i said she texted me with tear icons saying it had gone up to 120 during a pvt.

I have not cammed with her since Monday. We still text daily.

If this is a scam its a pretty well thought out one for 4 years..

Upvote 0
Yep ti definitely does change in the chat. A model I know does the whole "6 per min" to draw folk in, then when she gets enough people, changes it to her regular price of 90, and I saw her do it today and it definitely showed in chat.
I have never ever known this bug to happen, never seen it, never read it from anyone, random or otherwise... as mentioned, it's her doing it or her boss/es.
Are you saying or doing anything in the pvt when this happens? I mean, have you started to get really emotional and heavy telling her you love her and blah blah? Or are you requesting/wanting something sexual that maybe she does not want to perform? Consider all the options.

Brett- she does not have a boss. She does this on her own.

By now i kinda know what she will do and won't do, lol. I'm not that kinky a guy, if i ask for something and she says no, its ok. In fact this happens while we are in the act of doing something and really enjoying it. I can see where her hands are and they definetly are NOT on the mouse lol.

And like i said, it was at 6 for the entire time id talked to her since 2014. This happened just in one day this year, and i guess happened to her yesterday with someone else.

I have seen her cry real tears, wear real clothes, do real things, show me photos of her real family. I saw her when she got back from a very sad event and not looking her best.

Upvote 0
Model is doing that, no one else can.
But she can't change it during the private. She needs to end private and then set a price.
But it will be written clearly in chat that she changed her price.
I would go away because I guess she is using you and your good will.

Upvote 0
and why after almost 3 and a half years would she start doing this now? We have been through a lot, its not just get on, do sex stuff and leave. We text daily, we have gone through deaths of family members, medical issues, coronavirus, etc..And now its happening with others, not just me.

Upvote 0
But it will be written clearly in chat that she changed her price.

yep.
I never experimented but it seems that she stopped pvt or pvt stopped automatically when she changed the rate:

during a private, the private suddenly stopped. When i went to restart it, the rate was at 12 . Then 18, 30, etc..
I would leave this room fast and never experiment 18,30.... up to 90 like OP did :)

Upvote 0
She has a second name, and says she is unable to access it anymore. It's been about 7 months since she was on. She also belongs to one more camsite, and says she hasn't been able to access that since May. This is true, as we used that site for a bit when this token jump happened on C-Bate.

What does "unable to access" actually mean in this context? Inactive accounts aren't pruned on any of the cam sites I know of, and if she forgot her password it should be easy enough to reset it.

I really have a hard time believing that after 3 and a half years of literally talking in some form every day that she would pull this with me. She has around 6,000 followers, but the most i have ever seen in her room is maybe 20 people. I also find it hard to believe that she would not go on her two other accounts for half a year or longer just to pull a scam like this.

If it's a scam, you are supposed to have a hard time believing it. Consider how many tokens you spent on her over the last 3 to 4 years, then realise that greed happens to the best of us.
Please note that I'm not saying you actually are the victim of a scam or that she is pulling a fast one, but there are too many mysteries and too many sudden technical problems on the table here. Something's not right, but I'm sorta hoping she's trying to increase her private price in the most clumsy way possible. I.e. she has lied herself into a corner.

Upvote 0
Put her to a test. Arrange a fixed price password show. You pay a fixed token amount in advance, she thinks of a random password to her room (this is NOT her account password), she gives the password to you, you pay, she sets the password (it is in privacy settings), clicks "save", you will then be asked to enter the password to her chat room. No one else can enter the room then.

If she's fine with it, someone could indeed be messing with her account.

Upvote 0
What does "unable to access" actually mean in this context? Inactive accounts aren't pruned on any of the cam sites I know of, and if she forgot her password it should be easy enough to reset it.

If it's a scam, you are supposed to have a hard time believing it. Consider how many tokens you spent on her over the last 3 to 4 years, then realise that greed happens to the best of us.
Please note that I'm not saying you actually are the victim of a scam or that she is pulling a fast one, but there are too many mysteries and too many sudden technical problems on the table here. Something's not right, but I'm sorta hoping she's trying to increase her private price in the most clumsy way possible. I.e. she has lied herself into a corner.

"unable to access".. she says her window is all white and she cant click on anything. Cant change token rates, cant set a password, etc.. I should ask her to text me a picture of it.

She also is unable to hear me but i can hear her. That problem has been that way ever since we started talking.

Upvote 0
Put her to a test. Arrange a fixed price password show. You pay a fixed token amount in advance, she thinks of a random password to her room (this is NOT her account password), she gives the password to you, you pay, she sets the password (it is in privacy settings), clicks "save", you will then be asked to enter the password to her chat room. No one else can enter the room then.

If she's fine with it, someone could indeed be messing with her account.

I did try that. She says she cant change anything in her broadcaster settings. I have actually never seen her room require a password, ever. I actually have a password on my room. I am not a broadcaster i just go on for fun. So i put one on my room because obviously people kept coming in and i didnt want that when im talking to her in a pvt..

We both really do think its the desktop computer. Even she says its old and the audio issue that was there from the start (her not being able to hear me but i can hear her) may be because of that. Usually her sound works, but sometimes it just stops and doesn't come back. Do you think its possible the desktop could be responsible for this happening? She has even bought a new webcam and the audio issues persists. And during this time when shows would stop, sometimes her audio did not come back when they restarted.

Upvote 0
This is all incredibly strange. When the private show price goes up, do you still do the private show then? Even for 120 per minute?

Upvote 0
she's trying to increase her private price in the most clumsy way possible

This is what I was thinking. 6 tokens a minute is awfully low for a private. It seems likely that she kept it low to keep people coming in, but now after however many years wants to raise her prices but doesn't know how to go about it in the right way. I'm definitely not defending her actions, if this is the case, because it is definitely scamming. She should be upfront. The fact that the private keeps randomly stopping and then is magically higher each time seems like it should be a dead giveaway.

Do you think its possible the desktop could be responsible for this happening?

No. I'm not extremely computer savvy, but I don't see how a wonky old desktop could go into someone's camsite settings and manually change their token rates so that the person makes more money. You already got your answer from support, she's doing it whether you want to believe it or not. Honestly, if I was you I'd probably just dip out and cut my losses. Or just talk to her when she is off cam and tell her that support said there's no way this is randomly happening.

Upvote 0
This is all incredibly strange. When the private show price goes up, do you still do the private show then? Even for 120 per minute?

We havent talked since Monday on it. This happened Tuesday morning. It's pretty much one day a week now, so we will probably talk on it Monday. I have a certain amount i basically set aside for that one day per week., no more. Obviously with a higher rate it's less time now.

I'm thinking of verifying as a broadcaster just so i can see what that panel looks like, and then ask her to take a photo of hers on her phone and send it to me. Then i can really compare them, or describe it more in detail on here. Is the broadcasting panel much different then a non-broadcaster panel?

Upvote 0
We havent talked since Monday on it. This happened Tuesday morning. It's pretty much one day a week now, so we will probably talk on it Monday. I have a certain amount i basically set aside for that one day per week., no more. Obviously with a higher rate it's less time now.

I'm thinking of verifying as a broadcaster just so i can see what that panel looks like, and then ask her to take a photo of hers on her phone and send it to me. Then i can really compare them, or describe it more in detail on here. Is the broadcasting panel much different then a non-broadcaster panel?

Sorry i mean the 90 to 120 increase happened Wednesday morning, so yesterday. I had just woken up (there is a several hour time difference) and she was working. so i texted her good morning and she said the rate went from 90 to 120 during the private she was in and it was stressing her out. So i let her work. Later that day i told her I'd joined a forum to see if anyone on it could help.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.