AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Token rates for privates going up without me doing it.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2020
Hi all.

I joined this forum to try to get some answers for a situation a friend is going through on CBate. No names will be used as to protect this person.

The private rate for this person was always at the lowest - 6 tokens. About 4-5 months ago, during a private, the private suddenly stopped. When i went to restart it, the rate was at 12. Then 18, 30, etc..It did this several more times within an hour, going up to the next rate amount each time until it got up to the maximum 90. The broadcaster said it wouldn't let her change the token rate for privates. The broadcaster has contacted support several times and nothing has been done. Obviously its affecting her income, as its quite a huge jump from 6 to 90. I contacted CBate support, and they told me she was doing it herself. I have been talking with this person for a few years now, and believe she is not doing it herself, although i have no way to be sure.

Today, it did it again, during the pvt, and jumped up to 120. How is this possible, when the maximum rate listed is 90?

Has anyone else experienced this huge private rate token jump and is not able to fix it?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sorry i mean the 90 to 120 increase happened Wednesday morning, so yesterday. I had just woken up (there is a several hour time difference) and she was working. so i texted her good morning and she said the rate went from 90 to 120 during the private she was in and it was stressing her out. So i let her work. Later that day i told her I'd joined a forum to see if anyone on it could help.
Is she a studio model?

Upvote 0
Is she a studio model?

He said this to me previously...

Brett- she does not have a boss. She does this on her own.

But you don't need to verify your account to see what settings she has, you can see them in your profile > settings and privacy tab. Literally what she has, you have there. She has to go here each time to change her pvt pricing.
And, I assume you are 100% sure she is not from a studio? Some don't look like they are but are, some are from just regular homes.

Reactions: cbhours
Upvote 0
Age verify your account, tell her to tip you a test token that you will tip back. For studio accounts tipping is disabled, meaning she cannot tip you.

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
I'm thinking of verifying as a broadcaster just so i can see what that panel looks like, and then ask her to take a photo of hers on her phone and send it to me. Then i can really compare them, or describe it more in detail on here. Is the broadcasting panel much different then a non-broadcaster panel?

what? no they adjust it in the Settings & Privacy section on CB, you have access to that section, scroll down to where it says Private Show Settings, that is how they adjust their private prices.

edit: oops didnt see bretts post

Upvote 0
All of this and he’s still in disbelief....

Username fits I guess...

Upvote 0
don't see how there is any coming back from paying 90/min for several months, but it would also be possible to do a pvt through my secret show bot, or if you make a new account and...

Upvote 0
Sorry i mean the 90 to 120 increase happened Wednesday morning, so yesterday. I had just woken up (there is a several hour time difference) and she was working. so i texted her good morning and she said the rate went from 90 to 120 during the private she was in and it was stressing her out.

Giving her the extreme benefit of the doubt, I suppose it’s possible she was careless with her password and someone (another studio model with a vendetta... an ex boyfriend... etc etc) found it & is using it to mess with her work.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Hey. Who is up for a test (it needs to be a broadcaster so I can tip tokens later you spent for private of 20 sec) because it refresh automatically and maybe you cant see that she is changing it.
So I am asking for a short test broadcaster to see is she doing it so I will tell how she is changing it.)

Upvote 0
We are suggesting the possibility that the studio is tampering with her prices without letting her know, its the only other explanation I could think of aside from her doing it herself.
Maybe.
But I am really doubting.
Not all studio owners are douche bags. That's why I want to try this with fellow model , I will send tokens back, because I think she is changing price in private (it will still cost him 6tk per min) but if she leaves private and he needs to invite her - I think it's not written. I want to see with fellow model so I can tip tokens back. Or if you have age verified account @cbhours I can do it with you, so I can tip you back.

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
Maybe.
But I am really doubting.
Not all studio owners are douche bags. That's why I want to try this with fellow model , I will send tokens back, because I think she is changing price in private (it will still cost him 6tk per min) but if she leaves private and he needs to invite her - I think it's not written. I want to see with fellow model so I can tip tokens back. Or if you have age verified account @cbhours I can do it with you, so I can tip you back.
if she leaves private and he has to initiate it again the popup should say the new price right?

Upvote 0
So we did a test!
You can't see that she is changing price , but other people in the chat can!
So make a fake account, sit in her room, while you two are doing private, if she is doing something with mouse - she is adjusting prices.
Your fake account will see it, not original because you re in private.
Thanks @cbhours and @KingMarti with help for the test.
And yeah it will not be written for you when you come back that she changed price.
Sorry to say, that she is scamming you.

Upvote 0
if she leaves private and he has to initiate it again the popup should say the new price right?
Yep, the pop up showed the new price when you request the 2nd pvt, but my guess is op just wanted to get back in and didnt re-check the price in the dialog box.

Upvote 0
We are suggesting the possibility that the studio is tampering with her prices without letting her know, its the only other explanation I could think of aside from her doing it herself.
Her dropdown menus were apparently greyed out, or the screen was just grey and not clickable at all. Some remote control software can do that (e.g. LogMeIn).

Upvote 0
Her dropdown menus were apparently greyed out, or the screen was just grey and not clickable at all. Some remote control software can do that (e.g. LogMeIn).
Can you show us a picture?
Sorry, but I am allergic to scams,spams and bullying in this industry.
I don't want because of some bad models or scamming models others who works 12+ hours suffer.

Reactions: Diana_Devil
Upvote 0
Well, there are grounds for investigating no matter what the underlying issue is. I'm also curious about the country she is camming from. "Europe" is a pretty vague term ...

Upvote 0
Is the broadcasting panel much different then a non-broadcaster panel?
There is no difference at all but :
- ability to receive token (the green tip button)
- html interpretation of the bio if I'm right (a non-broadcaster can't display html)

Maybe forget my precedent post as she really seem to have a problem there => it's maybe better that she contacts herself the support and investigate if her account is not hacked by a joker.
She may also "adjust Two-Step Verification settings " on her account to secure it.

Is she in a studio ? They tune sometime things ie to avoid models to tip or else, these special tuning can be buggy.

(edit: I missed lot of last posts, so ignore repetitions xd ^^)

Upvote 0
There is no difference at all but :
- ability to receive token (the green tip button)
- html interpretation of the bio if I'm right (a non-broadcaster can't display html)

Maybe forget my precedent post as she really seem to have a problem there => it's maybe better that she contacts herself the support and investigate if her account is not hacked by a joker.
She may also "adjust Two-Step Verification settings " on her account to secure it.

Is she in a studio ? They tune sometime things ie to avoid models to tip or else, these special tuning can be buggy.

(edit: I missed lot of last posts, so ignore repetitions xd ^^)
It dosnt make sense for a hacker to be doing it.... she's the only person that benefits from it. If shes working in a studio then it's a much bigger issue as I would assume it to be a common practice at the studio (changing the pvt rate during the show isnt something you just stumble onto because there's no need to do it). OP should contact cb support regarding the issue as I am sure they would take a model / studio scamming members fairly seriously and I would hope that they fix the bug that enables it to happen.

Upvote 0
Again, all, thanks for the advice.

I don't want to say the specific country, but it is in Europe.

It is not a studio, I am 100% certain its at home. When her laptop did work before it died, there were a few times we were in other rooms of the house.

Upvote 0
Well I don't think Chaturbate is doing anything against scams (ehotlovea is such an example)
Well, in the worst scenario she can install new windows.
But , I am like 100% sure its not hacker.
And I guess she will hate me, because most of girls will try to find where are you writting so whatever I write here can be used against me.

Upvote 0
well here is the kicker.. she now just told me she needs space and doesnt want to see me or text me for a while. So if shes scamming me, she wouldnt tell me not to come.

Upvote 0
well here is the kicker.. she now just told me she needs space and doesnt want to see me or text me for a while. So if shes scamming me, she wouldnt tell me not to come.
Because you 100% want someone who's worked out and been asking questions about the scam you are running in your room who might warn other members or report her account to support. The reality is, she is running a scam, pvt prices dont just change unless the model changes it.

Upvote 0
Is there a way to unregister for this forum? I think im done with trying to find a soulmate online in any form. im going to go back to the old fashioned way - meeting in person or being alone, haha.
It's 2020. Finding a soulmate online is already one of the old fashioned ways. Just don't throw money/tokens into the mix and try to minimize the time zone offset between you and your chosen one (and vice versa). And ... falling in love with cam girls and smiling waitresses is almost always a bad idea. But I get where you're coming from.

Stay safe and best of luck to you!

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.