AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Token rates for privates going up without me doing it.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2020
Hi all.

I joined this forum to try to get some answers for a situation a friend is going through on CBate. No names will be used as to protect this person.

The private rate for this person was always at the lowest - 6 tokens. About 4-5 months ago, during a private, the private suddenly stopped. When i went to restart it, the rate was at 12. Then 18, 30, etc..It did this several more times within an hour, going up to the next rate amount each time until it got up to the maximum 90. The broadcaster said it wouldn't let her change the token rate for privates. The broadcaster has contacted support several times and nothing has been done. Obviously its affecting her income, as its quite a huge jump from 6 to 90. I contacted CBate support, and they told me she was doing it herself. I have been talking with this person for a few years now, and believe she is not doing it herself, although i have no way to be sure.

Today, it did it again, during the pvt, and jumped up to 120. How is this possible, when the maximum rate listed is 90?

Has anyone else experienced this huge private rate token jump and is not able to fix it?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

So we did a test!
You can't see that she is changing price , but other people in the chat can!
So make a fake account, sit in her room, while you two are doing private, if she is doing something with mouse - she is adjusting prices.
Your fake account will see it, not original because you re in private.
Thanks @cbhours and @KingMarti with help for the test.
And yeah it will not be written for you when you come back that she changed price.
Sorry to say, that she is scamming you.

This is very interesting, thanks. This MUST [surely and hopefully] be a bug.
I hope you or someone can report it and explain to CB - even try to record it from both ends if possible to show them.
It should definitely show a message for the user, or even a new different looking popup (in red or something) to say "This model has changed the price from XX to XX since your previous pvt", or I dunno, better wording than that but you get my point.

@punker barbie I hope you can pass this forward cos I wonder how many others this is happening to.

Upvote 0
And here is this from CB support.
Studio model can change her private prices.

Thank You for the email.

Is the studio model allowed to tip other girls?
  • No! Once a model account is under a studio, they cannot tip their tokens.

And can studio model change price for a private?
  • Yes! the model can change their private show prices.

Please let know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you,

Upvote 0
so, I could make the test :
viewer ask for pvt at 6 tk/min - model accepts
- Model can change her price during a private : (done in setting -> 150 and validated).
- Nothing is displayed then in public room
- Nothing is displayed as well in private room
Tokens are still counted with the value first agreed 6tk/mn by the viewer

Then model stops pvt, has to go back from away mode and viewer to ask again a pvt
At this time, like said OP, he can control that the price did change or not.

So, it's a scam possible, model counting on the fact that viewer would not pay attention when re-entering in pvt

Upvote 0
I'll be sure to pass this along to the dev team to see if there are any ongoing issues. If for any reason someone feels that they have been scammed or had a an agreed upon token rate changed on them they are more than welcome to email support in order to have the matter reviewed and to be reimbursed for any potentially lost tokens.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.