AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Towns with oddball names

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 15, 2015
Florida
Thought we might get a few giggles sharing towns we've lived in or visited that have really offbeat names.

Mine are these:

When I was a kid, my first girlfriend lived in Hog Eye, Arkansas. (There's also a Toad Suck, Arkansas, though I've never been.) And, I've been to a town in Florida called Two Egg.

Here in the UK there are plenty of weird and wonderful places all with equally weird and wonderful names.

Here is just a few.....

Cockermouth, Cumbria

Cockshot, Northumberland, UK

Crackpot, North Yorkshire, UK

Fanny Barks, Durham, UK (FYI for Americans, 'fanny' in the UK is a saying for a ladies front bottom)

Great Tosson, Northumberland

Lickar Moor, Northumberland, UK

Splatt, Cornwall, UK

Some of these I've visited, others I've just passed through while driving. :hilarious:

Here in the UK there are plenty of weird and wonderful places all with equally weird and wonderful names.

Here is just a few.....

Cockermouth, Cumbria

Cockshot, Northumberland, UK

Crackpot, North Yorkshire, UK

Fanny Barks, Durham, UK (FYI for Americans, 'fanny' in the UK is a saying for a ladies front bottom)

Great Tosson, Northumberland

Lickar Moor, Northumberland, UK

Splatt, Cornwall, UK

Some of these I've visited, others I've just passed through while driving. :hilarious:

I'd love to live in a town called Crackpot.

Years ago, I laughed when I first learned that there really is a town in New York called Hicksville (it's in Nassau County, Long Island). I thought it was funny since people used to always joke/complain about how their town is total Hicksville, and they probably didn't even realize that there actually is a town by that name.

Never been there but there is town in Northern Ireland called Muff, I saw this pic years ago in a similar joke page somewhere and have remembered it ever since and it makes me chuckle.

muff.jpg

Edit to say I have no idea if Americans use the word muff so it might be a little lost but in England it means like giant pubes

Edit to say I have no idea if Americans use the word muff so it might be a little lost but in England it means like giant pubes

Same here, but was more common in the 70s and 80s.

Reactions: TacoBelle
Iowa features the following:

Cumming
What Cheer (pronounced "watch ear" because reasons?)
Dyke
And, if you're driving across the state in the right direction, you have Manly followed by Forest, so the mile indicators to those towns reads "Manly Forest".

Status
Not open for further replies.