AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Turn Offs - Things models do that cause you to go away.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2011
I think it is common for members who have been at MFC for any amount of time to develop some sense that they know what it takes to be a good cam model. And we could all manage our Favorite sports team better than it is now being managed too. I think finding the right formula to be a successful cam model can be as complex as managing a pro sports team, and thinking it is easy is just as much an illusion as thinking you could have got the Niners to the Super Bowl.
That said, I do know some of the things that have made me leave a room not to return. So I thought a thread that gave members a place to express those things that turn them off, might be beneficial to both member, and model.
I am interested to hear what things are turn offs and why.

I'll start with two that caused me to not return to see the models. In one case it was a room that I had spent some time in and was fond of the model. Both were issues of sincerity.

In the first case I got an MFCmail from a model that started,"Thank You! Thank you so much for your kind hearted words, and everything you did to help me. I appreciate it more than you could imagine." This was from a model who's room I had just been in for the first time that day. I had gone there after seeing a news feed from a model promoting her. At first I thought bravo, she is doing some off cam follow up work. Then I seemed to remember that I had to leave just after entering her room I thought. Checking the archives it turned out that all I had said in her room was, "Hi" and hello to the model who had put up the feed. I might have thought there was a chance of mistaken identity, until I talked to another member who had been in her room at the same time and found he had been sent the exact same MFCmail. I understand how time consuming it can be to send a personal thank you to every one who has been in your room. I have received obvious forum mails before, and though not as nice as a personal note to me, are not a turn off if they simply thank me for being a guest in that room. This though I found to be very insincere and a huge turn off.

The second case happened more recently, and was of much more disappointment to me. I was in a model's room who I had in the previous month became fond of visiting, and had been to her room four or five times. This day she was on cam with another model. The goal set for a show was a fair amount and at first did not look as if it were going to be reached. I emptied the account I was in at the time in a vain effort to get some tipping started. Things dragged on with only smaller tips coming in slowly. I knew I had another account with 200+ tokens in it, and changed to that account. I reentered the room and started matching the small 10&20 tkn tips that were trickling in. At some point two rather large (1000+ from what I remember) tips came in and seemed to loosen up some of the freetards who had not been tipping before. It felt as if those who had not tipped before could now see that the goal was doable and now the smaller tips were streaming in pretty well. With 870 or 880 something left one of the members who had put up one of the previous big tips finished the count. The room count was near 2k and the mood was very up beat. Those of us who had been there for over an hour were very appreciative to the two members who had made the big tips, but also to many who had tipped steady to keep some yellow up. It was one of those time when it really did feel like it was a group effort. I don't have to tell you how rare that can be. I was caught up a little in that feeling that maybe things are not so bad - its a wonderful world :dance: , when I realized the show (for lack of any word to describe the briefness of the encounter that had occurred), was over. The model was saying good buy, that she had a skype show to do. Before she turned off her cam she told those who were putting up objections, that this guy had been waiting for an hour. Maybe she would be back on in an hour or two, if not then tomorrow.

There had been no mention of any waiting skype show, or any waiting engagement. It was glaringly obvious that the plan all along had been to reach the goal than get out of there as soon as one could. Having not been there, one might argue, that I have no reason to be put out, as the agreed show had been preformed, no matter how brief, and therefore the contract was fulfilled. I can not debate that, and technically there was no breach.

This thread however is not about the technical details of the imagined model/member contract, but rather things models do that turn us off and are the reason we will not return to their room. For me this was one of those things. Let me say finally, that a model does not have to be sincere, only that I have to be able to believe she might be. I don't think the extra 10 minuets - 5 on the show side and 5 on the back side, would have nixed the skype show that had been waiting an hour, and would not have left me, as others I am sure, feeling used.

Loud music destroying any semblance of atmosphere or chat in the room
Unsolicited PM's from Models
erm thats it!

camstory said:
wawaaaah wah waaah wah waaaaah.

Appreciate your interest in writing. However, that's a blog entry, not a forum post. That's a few minutes of my life I can never recover.

RogueWarrior said:
camstory said:
wawaaaah wah waaah wah waaaaah.

Appreciate your interest in writing. However, that's a blog entry, not a forum post. That's a few minutes of my life I can never recover.

LOL sorry, i can appreciate a good troll though.
Thank you for the laugh!

:handgestures-salute:

Ive seen the whole 5 minute show then log off many times and it bugs the hell out of me. Even as a model. I think mostly because it gives legit models who give great shows a bad name, and it makes newer members to the room a little less likely to tip big amounts for shows cause theyre worried itll be a show like that. Ive been asked a few times in my room about how long shows are and things like that by new guests. Im lucky enough to have regulars who will tell them it's worth it to tip. But for a new model who doesnt have those regulars to back her all she has is her word. And with how many models do the 5 minute show bit, i dont blame a member not believing.
Now i understand sometimes a model does have to go for various legit reasons. But i always appreciate a model who does state "okay guys we have so many minutes left to finish this countdown cause i gotta go soon." For me i include the time it takes for me to do the show. My shows are usually at least 10 minutes so if i only have 20 minutes left i tell them we have 10 min to get the show started.
I also carry over countdowns so if i ever dont finish my goal amount for a show those who tipped dont get "ripped off" and get nothing for their efforts. All they have to do is come back again. It bugs the hell out of me to see models asking amounts only to get close and log off, then come back an hour later with a new countdown. Some models make their living off of this ploy. Sometimes its actually legit and members were warned it would happen if goal wasnt met, or she spent hours to even get that far for a show to happen, im not speaking of those girls. More the ones ive seen of girls who hop on for 30 minutes, get huge tips, then purposefully log off before its done. Once i see a model play this game im gone for good from that room. Thankfully these models usually never last to long as its soon apparent when this is what shes doing.

These are just some of my pet peeves-

1. models that cam in the dark or almost dark rooms.
2. Bad quality cams (i.e poor signal cams)
3. Guys entering the room, or being there off cam kills mood.
4. Models that persistently pm me for more privates after I have done a private with them.
This seems to happen a lot to me. I do one private and next thing I know every time I get back on MFC I am bombarded with pm's about going private again. My favorite model doesn't do that and we have the best privates, it is no wonder she is my favorite, problem is she dosn't cam that often :-(.

I used to private with a model here and we clicked pretty good. One time we were 3 quarters through our private and I heard a loud distinguished cough and it wasn't from her. Apparently there was a guy off cam there the whole time. Last time I cammed with her! I realize these girls are not my girlfriends and never will be, I am a realist. But it is the fantasy part I guess, so another guy there (possibly or more than likey her SO) just kills it for me.

My new "turn off" is the minimum tip thing.. I have seen more than a few that don’t want my 20 tokens per first tip… “SoNSo isn’t accepting tips less than XX tokens” usually makes the hairs on the back of my neck twinge. :lol: If I’ve been in your room for a few minutes and to break the ice she expects 50-100 tokens, she will go without and most likely I will not go back. I can understand the “no less than 10” as I view most single digit tips as a slam unless it’s a mega rain that goes on for awhile.
As said already, attitude and sincerity/respect are 2 other big ones. Sure we all have bad days, but there’s a very visible difference between bad days and just being a bitch in general.
The loud or bad music I can mute easily enough, but then the girl becomes simply something to look at since I cant hear her voice or get much personality from typing.
In my time on, I’ve been fortunate to only be victim of the ‘goal and go’ or 4 minute show scam twice. As Tegan says, they don’t last long and word travels fast about that shit.
The purely random thing would be scat. Saw a girl doing anal with an average toy. Came out .... quite dirty. She took a single wipey to the toy and then proceeded to wet it again with her tongue and went back in her pussy with it. [it was still visibly dirty.] :scared-eek: What has been seen can not be unseen.....

1) Drinking/drugs on cam
2) Squealing too close the the mic. Turn the mic down or move away from it :lol:
3) Low quality cam/no sound (but this could just be not knowing any better/being a hobby exhibitionist and not wanted to invest, in which case it doesnt matter much)
4) When I see some girl in her stained college sweats, in the dark, no makeup, glaring at her computer screen completely ignoring MFC. Basically, when I see someone not even trying/caring.

I think the rest is just personal taste/personality incompatibility .

Jessi said:
2) Squealing too close the the mic. Turn the mic down or move away from it :lol:

Some really big top models, just their speaking, I have to turn down my speakers or risk blowing them out. I honestly can't visit one really popular model who I like because she's way too loud. I don't think she'd take it well if someone pointed it out either, that sort of personality.

Amber told me that my tip noise was too loud and ever since I've been super conscious of it. I didn't even think about how I was killing speakers everywhere.

this thread is making me paranoid!!!

mostly cos sometimes my shows.. are short. But I do lowish countdowns usually for something thats gonna be short. And they are short due to necessity - like outdoor shows etc. A streaking show for example .. will not take a long time. It will be quick, exhilerating..and .. well .. a streak.

I leave models rooms when the model is not interactive. Personally..
And for the record - if my tip noise is too loud or my mic is too high/music sounds terrible or my lighting is fucking things up or ..whatever.. please please tell me. In pm would be better.. but please tell me.

The only exception to this is when I come. I give fair warning to the room. I'm a screamer. :p

No Interaction with the room: It's especially annoying when the model is typing away having what appears to be an interesting conversation, but not acknowledging the people who type in her room.
Shrill and irritating voice: I want to have a conversation, but I don't want to be subjected to nails on a chalkboard either.
Overblown sound: I've heard music that comes across as distorted and voices that have a weird tinny sound. There is usually an underlying high pitched chortling noise. Probably just needing to make adjustments, but it's sometimes accompanied by grainy video too. So it could be a cam upgrade is needed.

I don't return after encountering the above, so if you've seen me visit more than once, you don't have those problems. :)

Miss_Lollipop said:

mostly cos sometimes my shows.. are short. But I do lowish countdowns usually for something thats gonna be short.

Exactly! I do 5 minute shows, but can you really complain when I only got 200 tokens for it?

Sure, my stripteases are 300 tokens, and they're really only short because I do one song, and only make it about halfway before I'm out of breath, but then I stay naked for the 5 minutes after the striptease... so it's still about 100 for the dance and 200 for naked for 5 minutes.

As to turn-offs- the boring models and the bitchy models.

Jessi said:
It can be really hard to answer PMs and talk at the same time :(
I think I am going to have to remove some people from my friends list because they message me too much.

I cant count how many girls I've heard this from... I've seen so many rooms literally have the chat go dead from it... last night for instance.. maybe a dozen prems chatting up a fairly new model.. all was happy and active. Noob comes in and asks about pm to which she says sure.. [there was no charge and was open to all] he said a quick ok and she got one from him to which she was mid answer, then like magic, her pm's started going off like rain on a tin roof... the chat died.. almost everyone had jumped in pm to have their own attention from her...
I mean seriously guys... WTF is this shit? She got visibly frustrated with all the mess and yet the "little boys" didn't give a crap. She got so bogged down she didnt see or reply to a few new walkins that had said hi and then left after no response. I left after about 10 minutes and having suggested in chat to limit pm's for questions concerning privates or shows... lol.. dont have a clue if she even saw it. :lol:

SoTxBob said:
She got so bogged down she didnt see or reply to a few new walkins that had said hi and then left after no response.

Several months ago I was board and noticed a nonnude dancer I visited my first week on MFC was on so I decided to go ask how she was and do some general tipping. So I popped into her room said hello then waited for about ten minutes and said goodbye. She had never looked up from PMs the entire time I was waiting. I had been the only person to say anything in public chat the whole time I was in her room, so it was not like I was lost in the shuffle and I was maybe premium number five. If models ignore their room too long money can come in one door and go out another.

Miss_Lollipop said:

mostly cos sometimes my shows.. are short. But I do lowish countdowns usually for something thats gonna be short. And they are short due to necessity - like outdoor shows etc. A streaking show for example .. will not take a long time. It will be quick, exhilerating..and .. well .. a streak.

I leave models rooms when the model is not interactive. Personally..
And for the record - if my tip noise is too loud or my mic is too high/music sounds terrible or my lighting is fucking things up or ..whatever.. please please tell me. In pm would be better.. but please tell me.

The only exception to this is when I come. I give fair warning to the room. I'm a screamer. :p

Exactly this! Some shows are shorter than others. But their fine if its told to a member.

And as far as sound YES people please tell the model! What it sounds like for us is never what it sounds like for you. So if the music or were too loud please tell us!! We dont know otherwise.

As far as lighting i know mine is fine, but several people laugh about one model in particular who is purple on cam. Yes purple. They even have emotes for her. I politely suggested maybe someone tell her, and they did. She blew them all off and said she looked fine and they dont know what theyre talking about. They even posted pics to show her what she looked like on their end and she still told them she was fine. This is a pretty easy fix with her lighting and she just didnt care to do so. NO ONE WANTS TO FUCK A BLUEBERRY LADIES!! If several people are telling you something needs to change maybe you should look into it and not take it personally!

Jessi said:
It can be really hard to answer PMs and talk at the same time :(
I think I am going to have to remove some people from my friends list because they message me too much.
I cant count how many girls I've heard this from... I've seen so many rooms literally have the chat go dead from it.
This is something I still don't understand? Why do so many want to PM constantly? I have never tipped to be put on a friends list. I am on most that are rooms I frequent, and I enjoy having the option to PM but rarely use it. In fact the only time I use it is if I have no tokens,(otherwise I put it in a tip note) and there is something that really should not be in chat. IMO there is not that much that can't be said in chat if your tactful about saying it. If there is a lot of such communication, than maybe MFC mail would be more appropriate. Live webcamming is about real time interaction, and that dynamic is ruined for everyone else if the model is spending 70,80,90%, of the time PMing with two or three or a dozen needy members.

Thank you all who have contributed to this topic, almost everything mentioned here I would second, especialy having the music so loud that it becomes work to make out what the model is saying. Another just came to mind, (I am not sure it would run me off for good, but) it bugs me the fuk out to have a T.V. on in the background. I said, almost everything...
SoTxBob said:
The purely random thing would be scat.
What Bob, you don't do da dodo? :lol:

Any model shit talking about another. There is never a valid reason (in my mind anyways) to openly bash another model. I've responded to others bashing models for having kids on cam or something that is equally as shocking with "Oh wow, that's horrible", but I try to keep it at that. When one model is just sitting in her room, flipping out for whatever reason for any length of time about another model, it turns me off for two reason. One: You look really insecure, especially if it's for something extremely petty. That turns me off hardcore. Two: You should be directing the attention on yourself, not how ModelWhatsHerTits is doing A, B & C and it's pissing you off/disgusting you.

Crying on cam. Now there are exceptions, for example if ModelWhoTheFuck got tipped A LOT then, hey, okay I get it. That would probably be my reaction too. Crying because you're not getting tipped, just got trolled (sorry ladies, if you are in this line of work YOU MUST HAVE THICK SKIN) or because you're trying for a pity tip (it works more than you'd think sadly) I get annoyed and move on. There is always time to say "Hey guys, I'm gonna have a smoke break", turn of the cam & have a cry if you need to. But doing it so openly? Freaks me out and turns me off.

Teagan_Chase said:
Some shows are shorter than others. But their fine if its told to a member.
I could not agree more, - all I want is disclosure. If I feel disappointed, but I was told how it is, Well then, I knew the gun was loaded when I picked it up.
NO ONE WANTS TO FUCK A BLUEBERRY LADY!!
I'm sorry to break this to you, but... :lol:
Frankie just said:
Any model shit talking about another. There is never a valid reason (in my mind anyways) to openly bash another model.
This will, and has caused me to leave a room not to return. IMHO this is one of the most no-class things a model can do.

SoTxBob said:
My new "turn off" is the minimum tip thing.. I have seen more than a few that don’t want my 20 tokens per first tip… “SoNSo isn’t accepting tips less than XX tokens” usually makes the hairs on the back of my neck twinge. :lol: If I’ve been in your room for a few minutes and to break the ice she expects 50-100 tokens, she will go without and most likely I will not go back. I can understand the “no less than 10” as I view most single digit tips as a slam unless it’s a mega rain that goes on for awhile.

I hate that too. Saw a new model and I liked her even tho she had a bad cam she was nice and sad she was looking into a better cam. I went to tip her 50 tokens and saw the min tip was 200 tokens. I politely informed her that may not be a good idea/wont go over well and may scare a lot of good tippers away. She ignored me. Even when girls set it to 25 or 50 It turns me off like she doesn't appreciate her members

Ursavannah said:
SoTxBob said:

I hate that too. Saw a new model and I liked her even tho she had a bad cam she was nice and sad she was looking into a better cam. I went to tip her 50 tokens and saw the min tip was 200 tokens. I politely informed her that may not be a good idea/wont go over well and may scare a lot of good tippers away. She ignored me. Even when girls set it to 25 or 50 It turns me off like she doesn't appreciate her members

If I learn a model has that turned on I stay out of her room. If she is turning down free money then she must not need mine.

Shaun__ said:
Ursavannah said:
SoTxBob said:

If I learn a model has that turned on I stay out of her room. If she is turning down free money then she must not need mine.

There are very few things that will cause me to hide a model and never return, but the minimum token thing is one of them. The other is when a model blatantly lies about some unfortunate event using that to scam goodhearted, generous people. Scammers in general get hidden, but other than that I feel models deserve a few more chances.

The sound and other minor pet peeve issues can be a fluke one time thing and/or be fixed if dealt with tactfully, but general character flaws like scamming are deal breakers for me. :twocents-02cents:

Question for the members, because it seems like a good place to ask:

Most people would agree that when you have a request for a model, you should tip her for her time and effort in fulfilling it. How should models handle it when the tip is not proportional to the request?

Example:
Someone tipping about 20 tokens ($1.00) and asking me to change my outfit and the way I was wearing my hair. I spend a lot of time planning my look for the night, and Id have abandon my chat for some time to go dig around in my closet and bathroom to do that. I also think thats sort of an intimate request outside of private. The person got mad when I tried to explain this to them in PM. Other examples would include <10tk tips to slip a finger in ass bb and stuff like that. :woops: You'd think to discuss it before you sent the tip.

Being taken for granted. This would apply to rooms I had become a regular in. I have always been a generous tipper, but when it barely registers with the model that I am tipping and get a half-hearted "thank you" and someone new tips and they are blown kisses and get that smile that kept me tipping in the past....it destroys the illusion.

Sound. I can deal with bad sound (within reason), but no sound and I will never spend time in the room.

Sincerity. If you are going to say something to me or post something on my profile. At least make it appear sincere. If you say it to everyone and post the same thing on everyone's profile, again it breaks the illusion.

Rules. If you post rules on your profile, then follow them. Maybe I am rare member, but I do not spend time in a models room without reading her profile.

Selling things and contests. If I purchase something from a model, I do not expect to have to badger them on when they will deliver said purchase. I have seen this too many times from a variety of models. Maybe they have posted a special on something in their topic, or highest tipper gets skype show or pictures, you tip said amount and even put in the tip note what it is for, but there is no follow up from the model. I suspect that many models do this purposely knowing that many people will not ask about it later for fear alienating their relationship with the model.

Jessi said:
Question for the members, because it seems like a good place to ask:

Most people would agree that when you have a request for a model, you should tip her for her time and effort in fulfilling it. How should models handle it when the tip is not proportional to the request?

Example:
Someone tipping about 20 tokens ($1.00) and asking me to change my outfit and the way I was wearing my hair. I spend a lot of time planning my look for the night, and Id have abandon my chat for some time to go dig around in my closet and bathroom to do that. I also think thats sort of an intimate request outside of private. The person got mad when I tried to explain this to them in PM. Other examples would include <10tk tips to slip a finger in ass bb and stuff like that. :woops: You'd think to discuss it before you sent the tip.

I would suggest turning turning the tables and ask if they think a dollar would be worth it for them to do whatever it is they're asking for. If they say yes, tell them they should become a model and I'll tip you a dollar to do it. That kinda helps set the tone for the room too. Most people won't even bend over to pick up a dime these days.

So many things are already listed here.. One that's not would be continuously moving or messing with the camera. Its fine to move it to better positions, different views etc. but when its fine and it keeps getting moved every 2 minutes only to end up in the same spot, its very aggravating. Also, when you go to show some other view, like out a window or something, be aware that it takes a second or 2 to acquire the image and refocus etc.. a 2 second continuously moving point out the window is nothing but blurr to this side of the cam.

@ Jessi..... of course things should be more proportionate for things like wardrobe changes.. The difficulty comes with the cheapass members view and yours in determining such a value. I know several girls that say 50 - 100 for such while others do it for free several times a session, simply to keep it interesting. The one exception would be full on cos play where the change is fairly involved.. that could run a few hundred easily.
As for the "10 tokens for ass BB" idiots .. Pfffffffttttt lol at them and don't think twice about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.