AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Twitter Tips for Cam Models

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you sent an appeal, did Twitter never respond at all? Or did you get an auto-response the first time saying something like “your account will remain suspended and no further appeals will be heard?”
My memory isn't the best, due to pregnancy hormones and pregnancy brain right now. I am almost certain I got an autoreply only.

At one point during the few months, my follower count showed. Then it went to 0, and I thought:"Well this is it, they are closing it." But then it stayed at 0 for months, then reopened and I had the original follower count. It was bizarre. I was convinced they were just going to close it, but then one day I logged in (no notice or anything) and it was business as usual. I was able to tweet and all the rest again.

Idk the answers to your other questions, but someone else might.

I am wondering if the fact that she can still see her page means there’s a chance they’ll un-suspend her at some point.
In my experience, yes, that is exactly what happened. It wasn't a few days or weeks for me though, it was literally a few months.
They may be faster now, now that covid is hopefully winding into a close in some places, and we are almost in full Summer. When it happened to me was the peak of Covid and everyone being in and on their computers all of the time.

Reactions: Smoothie
Yesterday forestbonnie @firenips posted a great thread of help for how to grow a worthwhile audience on Twitter. So I wanted to drop it here (click below and read all replies) to share the info.

[EDIT: IT LOOKS LIKE SHE DELETED THE TWEET, SORRY! BUT THIS THREAD ITSELF COULD STILL BE HELPFUL, SO HUZZAH!]

We have a basic Twitter help page on CamGirlWiki but hers is very detailed.

Share your suggestions or ask questions in this thread!

Thank you all for all your advice. My TW account is still low. I can't get up in followers.

Many see twitter as a waste of time,yet no one does the math of the time spent on freechat...
Twitter is really powerful but needs to be managed and not outsourced.
Social keeps the bonds with your users and makes you unique.

Twitter jar is not safe until they rol their own payment system with SuperFans update Ada.
And their new ToS is weird as fuck.

Hi there,
I am part of a joint study involving SJSU, WLU (Canada) and MSU and we are attempting to develop a comprehensive understanding of how those who participate in online sex-related content production manage their work identity in relation to their “real-life” identity and deal with the implications of the stigma associated with sex work. The end goal it to combat the negative stigmatization of participants.

We are asking for participants to participate in an online survey (approx. 45 minutes long) and share with us their experiences and knowledge regarding their everyday work.
View attachment 90691
Above I have included the docuemnt with all the necessary information regarding the survey and below I have included the link to participate in the study as well.

Thank you.

I can tell you right now, 45 minutes and no compensation = noone will even consider doing this. I sure wouldn't.

Hi there,
I am part of a joint study involving SJSU, WLU (Canada) and MSU and we are attempting to develop a comprehensive understanding of how those who participate in online sex-related content production manage their work identity in relation to their “real-life” identity and deal with the implications of the stigma associated with sex work. The end goal it to combat the negative stigmatization of participants.

We are asking for participants to participate in an online survey (approx. 45 minutes long) and share with us their experiences and knowledge regarding their everyday work.
View attachment 90691
Above I have included the docuemnt with all the necessary information regarding the survey and below I have included the link to participate in the study as well.

Thank you.
Wait, arn't you just spamming this to every thread? I swear I already saw it today on a different thread? Maybe Amber already knows this, but I'm gonna tag her just in case she is unaware

ETA; Looks like Amber put a stop to it hours ago, judging by the fact there were only 3 posts, and they stopped at 9:31am. Nvm.

Reactions: GothHostess
Wait, arn't you just spamming this to every thread? I swear I already saw it today on a different thread? Maybe Amber already knows this, but I'm gonna tag her just in case she is unaware

ETA; Looks like Amber put a stop to it hours ago, judging by the fact there were only 3 posts, and they stopped at 9:31am. Nvm.
I didn't notice, thank you, I've made it so that account cannot post anymore without my approval. It's kinda ridiculous.

Is Twitter a good way to promote your room and get more followers?. Is there anyway it can be linked to your personal account if you use a different phone number?

Does Twitter help you get viewers?
Yes. Even though I only have a few actual Twitter followers, I'm very grateful because I have my regular fans who message me on Twitter and/or on the cam sites I'm working on, after I post I'm online on the webcam. I use 2 Twitter profiles because I have one for my progressive fans and I have another one for my conservative fans. My fans whether they agree/disagree with whatever I post, it makes our connections in private shows even better, but I never have, and I never will disclose any personal info. If somebody is upset about something I post, my usual response is: No disrespect was intended, well 99% of the time anyway, and well, let's not think about that tweet/s and let's just have fun together since we're both online right now. Also, my fans respect me for not disclosing personal info. for safety and security reasons.

Also, Twitter is good to get news about what's going on with the rest of the world. The American progressive and conservative media outlets spin their stories to get ratings: Narratives 1st, facts optional, or news outlets just like to make shit up for ratings. Twitter peeps call out the BS on both sides, and last but not least, I've had fans of mine who said they didn't know anything about the webcam world until they read a tweet I posted they enjoyed seeing/reading. One of my regulars, no I won't mention names, said and to this day says I'm one of his favs, along with 5 other models. I make money, and so do the other models, and even if I never meet the model/s, I'm glad I can help/helped them to make money as well.

Reactions: BlueBelleBlue
Its where you have multiple twitter accounts take actions, and shoutout your main twitter account- so your main twitter account gets more impressions; I.E it makes more money
But thepromodude1, that sounds so COMPLICATED and TIME CONSUMING. I just don't wanna! There's no way you might be able to tell me who will scam me take my money for this waste of time free task???????

Its where you have multiple twitter accounts take actions, and shoutout your main twitter account- so your main twitter account gets more impressions; I.E it makes more money
Twitter is adept at catching bots. It's one of the reason auto posts get you shadow banned - they look like bots. This is a bad idea. You need to have unique *real* engagement not a bunch of bot interactions.

Impressions do not = money. It helps with exposure. exposure doesn't = more money. the real human paying clients can easily spot accounts that interact with bots and look like spam bots and they avoid them. Being a real person on twitter and having organic engagements is 1000 times proven over any of these quick 'growth' strategies.

For someone who is supposedly doing this professionally this is Personal Branding Twitter 101 ... go back to school. Literally crack any book or blog or article on how to grow a personal brand on twitter and you'd know this. I know we've established other threads you're trolling for reactions but I really don't want any newbies who read this to be mislead

Twitter is adept at catching bots. It's one of the reason auto posts get you shadow banned - they look like bots. This is a bad idea. You need to have unique *real* engagement not a bunch of bot interactions.

Impressions do not = money. It helps with exposure. exposure doesn't = more money. the real human paying clients can easily spot accounts that interact with bots and look like spam bots and they avoid them. Being a real person on twitter and having organic engagements is 1000 times proven over any of these quick 'growth' strategies.

For someone who is supposedly doing this professionally this is Personal Branding Twitter 101 ... go back to school. Literally crack any book or blog or article on how to grow a personal brand on twitter and you'd know this. I know we've established other threads you're trolling for reactions but I really don't want any newbies who read this to be mislead
all of this

It's too bad the twitter thread in the OP is gone, it may have helped this newcomer realize his tactics are bad news for cam models.

all of this

It's too bad the twitter thread in the OP is gone, it may have helped this newcomer realize his tactics are bad news for cam models.
i always refer to this thread on stripperweb about how to market yourself with social media. even though its old and cant use tumblr anymore, there is a lot of relevant info for new bbs.

Hi girls,

What do you do if you work on more than one site?

For example, I used to host on Chaturbate, but I have added Cam4 too. Which one should I promote over Twitter?
Is the linktree helpful? Or should I link only one site?

I have no damn idea lol!
I'm a guy, but because I broadcast on cam4, I know when you log on, click on the Twitter link at the bottom of your broadcasting screen. I just type the words I'm live. For some reason, whatever else pops up on there doesn't let me send it. So I just cross off whatever is there and put the words I'm live. You don't have to log onto Twitter to do this. The cam4 link button automatically sends your response to Twitter. You can open up another browser to log into your Twitter account to check this if you want to, but you don't have to.

Do what works best for you as a cam model. Multi-streaming or one site for a few hours and then a few hours on another site. Combine webcam sites and Skype shows for income. Somedays I just do Skype shows. Other days I do cam shows on a camsite, it just depends on who wants to take me private more, and wherever I can make the most money for that day. Whatever makes you the money, do what works best for you.

Also, in case you don't know, cam4 has a happy hour promo. Try to get onto that if you can.

I have a pinned tweet containing many links including my own website, according to a tweet made yesterday the website designer I use is launching their own version of linktree. I am awaiting information about this. Often when getting ready I'll share a mix by a favourite dj, with wording such as 'getting ready to go live', I saw a top performer do something similar tweet she was preparing to go live just not with the music - decided to do similar my way. When I finish I sometimes tweet 'signing off see you when I'm next on', might give dates and times for next stint although when I do private bookings including in-person AW come along for that time so I'm a little reluctant to state definite times now.

Reactions: Dannyhomebody
Status
Not open for further replies.