AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Twitter Tips for Cam Models

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday forestbonnie @firenips posted a great thread of help for how to grow a worthwhile audience on Twitter. So I wanted to drop it here (click below and read all replies) to share the info.

We have a basic Twitter help page on CamGirlWiki but hers is very detailed.

Share your suggestions or ask questions in this thread!

Some really good stuff on this thread. As an idiot member, I will add a couple of things.
1) If your twitter feed is totally promotional and never personal, I'm sure it's good for 2 of your regs, but useless and annoying to everyone else.
2) As Lacey said, don't overuse hashtags. That's just an annoying useless tweet.
3) Don't be overly explicit. Many employers are checking the social media accounts of prospective employees. I only follow 2 cam models on twitter because their content is good and not just promotional and never explicit.
4) Be interesting. Yes, when I visit your room, I know all the new vids, etc. Tweet real life stuff.

I try to keep content relevant to my shows

I used to have a Twitter account it had nearly 60,000 followers and then I got a stupid idea and decided to delete it cuz I figured I'd no longer wanted that was last Christmas. Ugh what an idiotic idea that was anyway I'm starting from scratch but basically I put small Snippets of my shows on Twitter to keep people joining up I'm at the Bold number of 13 right now after two days and I'm certainly hoping I can improve those numbers by quite a bit but what I will say having had a Twitter account with a lot of followers the big thing to gaining success on Twitter is putting up good content that people who are interested in you will find interesting the rest will fall into place.

Attachments

• IMG_20170909_040847.jpg
    IMG_20170909_040847.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
I'm SO bad at social media... like, I don't EVER take photos of myself, I never post "updates" about my life, etc. It's just not a habit I ever formed (I know, I'm a horrible millenial!). So this is something I definitely need to work on. I'm doing a disservice to myself by not frequently posting on twitter.

I'm the EXACT same way. I hate taking pictures of myself, and I'm overall a pretty private person when it comes to my personal life. Currently trying to break out of that :) I guess once you start posting more, you get used to it and it becomes habit. You're definitely not the only one.

I'm new to the site, I want to make money! Someone help me where to start?
Looks like you've already found the place to start, this very forum! The search bar up top is handy for finding specific topics, or you can browse the individual sections on the front page. There are sticky topics at the top of most sections that will lead you in the right direction if you don't have a specific research path laid out for yourself.

Hey girls :) I only just signed up for twitter for my mfc account just a few days ago...I don't like to take too many pics and I can be quite private as well, so I need to break out of this habit as well! Lol
If anyone else is in the same boat and needs new followers why don't we help each other out then :)

Hey girls :) I only just signed up for twitter for my mfc account just a few days ago...I don't like to take too many pics and I can be quite private as well, so I need to break out of this habit as well! Lol
If anyone else is in the same boat and needs new followers why don't we help each other out then :)
Same here! Twitter is my slowest to grow so far. I think my twitter is linked to my profile if you wanted to follow. I'm just learning as I go and check out other cam girls for inspiration.

Same here! Twitter is my slowest to grow so far. I think my twitter is linked to my profile if you wanted to follow. I'm just learning as I go and check out other cam girls for inspiration.
i noticed your account is protected, that will make some people not follow you and doesn't help get anyone to see your tweets. I am pretty active on twitter and am happy with its growth, ive gained almost 1700 followers since i started it in January all of them were organic and not bots or paid for. I do have an issue that i cant get fixed and t pisses me off so much! twitter apparently has a bug that unfollows people on your account randomly. so if i have another model follows me and i follow back, sometimes it will unfollow them and if they notice they unfollow me back! i even pinned a tweet saying that this happens and to dm me so i can refollow, but i still see models unfollowing me because of this everyday. It makes me look bad and there is no way to fix this WTF!

Reactions: KatSinclair
i noticed your account is protected, that will make some people not follow you and doesn't help get anyone to see your tweets. I am pretty active on twitter and am happy with its growth, ive gained almost 1700 followers since i started it in January all of them were organic and not bots or paid for. I do have an issue that i cant get fixed and t pisses me off so much! twitter apparently has a bug that unfollows people on your account randomly. so if i have another model follows me and i follow back, sometimes it will unfollow them and if they notice they unfollow me back! i even pinned a tweet saying that this happens and to dm me so i can refollow, but i still see models unfollowing me because of this everyday. It makes me look bad and there is no way to fix this WTF!

I totally forgot it was protected But thank you for the advice. And dude that sucks about that twitter glitch. I HATE when stuff like that happens ugh. Hopefully it stops soon!

Reactions: PrincessSnowAngel
I totally forgot it was protected But thank you for the advice. And dude that sucks about that twitter glitch. I HATE when stuff like that happens ugh. Hopefully it stops soon!
i followed you and a few others in this thread just now :)

• Hugs
Reactions: KatSinclair
Thank you! Just jointed twitter the other day. I have an entire whopping 7 followers :haha:
I really hope my twitter takes off. Right not I don't wanna follow too many people cos if my follow to follower raio is shit it my be off putting? like they might not know I JUST joined.. idk.. we'll see :nod:

What's the most common reason for a model having her tweets protected?

Fear of being outed, someone harassing them, nosy family are a few I can think of

• Helpful!
Reactions: Guy
Growing your twitter followers these days in the adult industry is so much harder since twitter started shadow banning people. It basically means you don't come up in any searches and far less of your tweets get seen. When I was intentionally growing my twitter 2 years ago, getting in touch with lots of promo accounts to RT and make posts about me & doing snapchat take overs worked really well and I would probably be getting about 1000 followers a week when I was hard at it. Now with the ban I don't think my followers have jumped more than a few thousand over the past 6 months! :cry: You can check if you are shadow banned by using this site- http://shadownban-checker.xho.bedita.net

I'm not too active in that I post on twitter, but I do have an account that I use to follow others(not just cam models). All the models I follow, excluding the first one, I found through other models' retweets. I don't scroll through MFC to find new models to watch, so twitter is how I find new models to watch. I figure if a model is liked by a model I already like, I may like her too. So reaching out to other models and promoting each other to grow your audience.

• Helpful!
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Twitter Routine - to help you remember to tweet OR manage your twitter time better

If you struggle to keep up with interactions on twitter, Or find that you're constantly checking it to the point that its intrusive in your life - one thing that helped me manage it a bit better was to have "no twitter" times (im a twitter addict) where i actually remove the app from my phone.

The way that i make sure i stay interactive when im doing this (and this would work if you are just not as good at keeping up with twitter) is that once every morning it is my routine to sit down, turn my notications tab on my PC to "Mentions" and I reply to almost every single one. I also go over my DMs.

One of the reasons twitter works well for me is that i stay interactive and this is one way i do this.

Ask questions, make polls. Don't make everything business.
If you're struggling to get people to interact with you: silly little polls or questions will get people moving. Things like "Whats your fav sunday morning breakfast" or "whats your fav sex position" .. shit like that.

Basics: Hashtags & Tagging
HASHTAGS: Don't Over USE THEM! The golden rule of most social media marketing for twitter is no more than 2 hashtags per tweet, and they must be relevant to the tweet. Bonus if you use them in a sentence rather than tacked on at the end. Hashtags can be really great ways for new ppl to find you BUT when every tweet is 80% hashtag you look like a spam bot.

Same goes for tagging 5 million promoters. If you do use promoters, thats fine but when every tweet is tagging them you look like a spam bot.

If you wouldn't follow your own twitter feed, why would someone else. Would you interact with your own self?
Thank you for this insight! :)

Reactions: Miss_Lollipop
This is great! Thank you for sharing, I am definitely going to utilise this technique
Some really good stuff on this thread. As an idiot member, I will add a couple of things.
1) If your twitter feed is totally promotional and never personal, I'm sure it's good for 2 of your regs, but useless and annoying to everyone else.
2) As Lacey said, don't overuse hashtags. That's just an annoying useless tweet.
3) Don't be overly explicit. Many employers are checking the social media accounts of prospective employees. I only follow 2 cam models on twitter because their content is good and not just promotional and never explicit.
4) Be interesting. Yes, when I visit your room, I know all the new vids, etc. Tweet real life stuff.
This is really helpful thank you! So far the only posts on my Twitter account are the automated ones generated by MFC so
Twitter Routine - to help you remember to tweet OR manage your twitter time better

If you struggle to keep up with interactions on twitter, Or find that you're constantly checking it to the point that its intrusive in your life - one thing that helped me manage it a bit better was to have "no twitter" times (im a twitter addict) where i actually remove the app from my phone.

The way that i make sure i stay interactive when im doing this (and this would work if you are just not as good at keeping up with twitter) is that once every morning it is my routine to sit down, turn my notications tab on my PC to "Mentions" and I reply to almost every single one. I also go over my DMs.

One of the reasons twitter works well for me is that i stay interactive and this is one way i do this.

If you're struggling to get people to interact with you: silly little polls or questions will get people moving. Things like "Whats your fav sunday morning breakfast" or "whats your fav sex position" .. shit like that.

HASHTAGS: Don't Over USE THEM! The golden rule of most social media marketing for twitter is no more than 2 hashtags per tweet, and they must be relevant to the tweet. Bonus if you use them in a sentence rather than tacked on at the end. Hashtags can be really great ways for new ppl to find you BUT when every tweet is 80% hashtag you look like a spam bot.

Same goes for tagging 5 million promoters. If you do use promoters, thats fine but when every tweet is tagging them you look like a spam bot.

If you wouldn't follow your own twitter feed, why would someone else. Would you interact with your own self?

Growing your twitter followers these days in the adult industry is so much harder since twitter started shadow banning people. It basically means you don't come up in any searches and far less of your tweets get seen. When I was intentionally growing my twitter 2 years ago, getting in touch with lots of promo accounts to RT and make posts about me & doing snapchat take overs worked really well and I would probably be getting about 1000 followers a week when I was hard at it. Now with the ban I don't think my followers have jumped more than a few thousand over the past 6 months! :cry: You can check if you are shadow banned by using this site- http://shadownban-checker.xho.bedita.net
Why do they even shadow ban accounts?? It seems like Twitter is more lenient with nudity, so I don't get it (unless someone's being racist, homophobic, etc.).

As another idiot member I am in 110% agreement with this. Speaking from experience one of the models I follow has turned on the MV auto tweet thing for anytime her videos or content is sold. I simply can't have that showing up on my notifications at all and I used to use her twitter notifications for when she would be getting online. Even though I have a completely separate twitter account for personal vs for the cam industry the notifications would still show up and be incredibly explicit. I simply couldn't afford for the notifications to show up while at work so I've had to turn off all notifications for her. Also she tends to name her videos quite explicitly so having an auto tweet of "Just Sold! Cum Inside My Ass. Get yours here. etc etc" is annoying and could affect me professionally. I get what she's trying to do but the manyvids thing is suuuuuper annoying too on top of the risk it has to me professionally.

Why do they even shadow ban accounts?? It seems like Twitter is more lenient with nudity, so I don't get it (unless someone's being racist, homophobic, etc.).

It might not be shadowbanning but it might actually be quality filtering, especially if you use a lot of auto-tweets like from manyvids and onlyfans then you would appear to be like a spam bot because those auto-tweets are the almost exact same text being sent out again and again and again so with quality filtering turned on you'd be caught.

It might not be shadowbanning but it might actually be quality filtering, especially if you use a lot of auto-tweets like from manyvids and onlyfans then you would appear to be like a spam bot because those auto-tweets are the almost exact same text being sent out again and again and again so with quality filtering turned on you'd be caught.
Ohhh,gotcha. Thanks!

Thank you! That's great advice, i started on twitter not long ago but things are going well and I'm looking for ways to improve.

I wanna just say...

Those of us who enjoy the personalities behind the beautiful faces, that tweeting certain things can benefit the personality appeal...

The little mundane occurrences in her day-to-day
Displaying quirky humor or moments where she can laugh at herself
Random thoughts she might have
Etc

Stuff like that unintentionally increases the marketing appeal in the personality department, but of course twitter is not the end-all-be-all. Just something to think about when sending out tweets since personality appeal goes a long way for repeat customers/members.

Edit: Of course, be mindful of what you tweet about and how it might be received. Some might be more damaging than beneficial without realizing it at first, like a joke that might rile people up.
That's awesome to hear!

Thank you for all the advice!! It's really helpful to me bc I'm looking into camming and hoping to start soon.

It took me a while to start enjoying Twitter, let alone utilizing it in a way that is more beneficial to my business. Like... I really love interacting with my fellow models. But I am teeeerrible at remembering to tweet promotional posts - wishlists, my store links, gifs, etc. Stuff that can actually remind people that I've got plenty of stuff for them to buy!

So what I'll do is sit down every few weeks, and write up all of my promotional tweets, and I use Tweetdeck to queue them up for posting (though I don't really recommend using it for GIFS because it still goes by the old Twitter gif size limit - pictures seem to be alright though!). This way, the more repetitive (for me) promotional posts just post themselves automatically, and I don't have to worry about remembering them anymore. That takes off the pressure of being business minded, and I can spend the rest of my week posting favorite video links and fun, more personal tweets and interacting with my fellow models. It's also handy if I have to go out of town or something - I can make sure I don't have tons of radio silence, and can still promote myself while going out into the real world and having adventures.

There are a few different programs like Tweetdeck - Hootsuite is another similar website I've heard mentioned, but I've never tried that!
Great idea!

I haven't read the thread yet because my eyes are currently burning due to sleepless exxxotica nights, but I just found out my account is shadow banned and I'm 99% SFW. A bunch of girls have been saying that it's because of MFC's autotweets. Anyone know if this is true?

Again I apologize if this was posted already. I won't be able to read this thread until later but I'm freaking out now. :nailbiting:

I haven't read the thread yet because my eyes are currently burning due to sleepless exxxotica nights, but I just found out my account is shadow banned and I'm 99% SFW. A bunch of girls have been saying that it's because of MFC's autotweets. Anyone know if this is true?

Again I apologize if this was posted already. I won't be able to read this thread until later but I'm freaking out now. :nailbiting:

Status
Not open for further replies.